Black Tulip 2018

Black Tulip by Shay & Blue
Black Tulip is a popular perfume by Shay & Blue for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is floral-fruity. It is still in production.

Julie Massé

Top Notes Top NotesSnowdrop, Cyclamen
Heart Notes Heart NotesBlack tulip, Plum
Base Notes Base NotesWhite chocolate, Woods

Submitted by Julka, last update on 20.01.2021.

Tulipan Delusion
Black Tulip. A typical picture fantasy title. We know tulips don't smell. So you can't give a damn. But the Shay & Blue fragrances aroused my interest and so when I bought a bottle of "White Peaches" at Essenza Nobile I ordered a sample of "Black Tulip". The pyramid reads well: no musk, no jasmine, no gardenia, no other problem candidates. But the cyclamen, which is rather rare in fragrances and which I like very much, also in nature. In contrast to tulips, some cyclamen smell very intense, namely very peculiar and uniquely bitter-powdery. I like that very much! Then plum - one of the fruit varieties in fragrances that never seemed negative or even unpleasantly fermented to me, but rather soft and luxuriant and wonderfully lively, and then - white chocolate! Yes, I'm still looking for a fine chocolate scent that's a little less brute and intense than Montales Chocolate Greedy. White chocolate also differs from darker chocolate. So this was one of the wish samples I ordered.

Then I read the already existing statements and the commentary by Franfan20 and there I could have guessed it already, this confusion, this tulipan madness, which the smell would trigger with me, the statements and the commentary were nevertheless quite very contrary: Sometimes squeaky-pitchy, sometimes powdery, sometimes bitter, sometimes flowery, then again without flowers, plummy, again not even that....yes, what now?

And I anticipate my preliminary conclusion and tell you: It's all true! This scent literally leads you by the nose!

Tulip - yes, that's somehow right, because some things in this fragrance simply don't smell, you don't smell it. Like I don't smell any plum, I don't smell any fruit at all. Others don't smell flowers, but I smell cyclamen intensively, that's fantastic! But that's not all it is. I've been bottling it for a week now and have fascinated her for 6 of these 7 days. And I smell something different every time.
Fix is with me only:
1. Presence of cyclamen.
2. Absence of plum.

On the first day I smelled the stinginess and suspected a hidden component of jasmine. Then the whole thing turned into a wonderfully powdery cyclamen scent with subtle white chocolate, just as I had hoped On one of the next days I found the heart note was marked by something strangely unhappy, I feared it could be a secret admixture of gardenia. This time the chocolate came late and even more tender.
Once again I thought I could clearly see saffron in the top note. He hadn't been there before. Luckily there was neither a jasmine nor a gardenia touch.
Today I have again a light saffron impression and afterwards wonderful intensive white chocolate.
Only cyclamen is always present.
In the end, a fine, dry wood also comes quite regularly, but sometimes more and sometimes less clearly, which reminded me a little of this discreet and extremely dust-dry wood from Beach Hut Woman. And that in turn raised the question whether Black Tulip really contains a perfectly weighted and artistically integrated grain of Cashmeran.

Well. The crazy thing is: I love this cyclamen and I hope every time I use it that the white chocolate comes out as intense as it did a few days ago. And then I'm looking forward to the dust-dry praline-alpine violet powder wood finish.
Whatever else my nose smells like is obviously at the mercy of Black Tulip's day-to-day arbitrariness.

The question remains whether snowdrops smell. I don't think so. Anyway, I don't remember ever smelling the smell of snowdrops. But maybe that's because in January I don't normally run around with my nose deep on the ground. In the Black Tulip they're probably in it, because you can't smell them there either.

I sold a scent at the souk. The money is now taken for an order at Essenza Nobile: "Black Tulip". This time I'll take Cherry Blossom for my English sample. From Shay & Blue.

Auf Kreuzfahrt
by Pralinchen
by Pralinchen

Popular Shay & Blue

Salt Caramel by Shay & Blue Blood Oranges by Shay & Blue Parfum Nashwa by Shay & Blue Oud Alif (Fragrance Concentrée) by Shay & Blue Framboise Noire by Shay & Blue Blacks Club Leather by Shay & Blue Atropa Belladonna by Shay & Blue Suffolk Lavender by Shay & Blue Blueberry Musk by Shay & Blue White Peaches by Shay & Blue Sicilian Limes by Shay & Blue Dandelion Fig by Shay & Blue English Cherry Blossom by Shay & Blue Blackberry Woods by Shay & Blue Amber Rose (Eau de Parfum) by Shay & Blue Amber Oud Ahad by Shay & Blue Watermelons by Shay & Blue Scarlet Lily by Shay & Blue Almond Cucumber by Shay & Blue 88 Pineapples by Shay & Blue