Blood Oranges 2012

Blood Oranges by Shay & Blue
Blood Oranges is a popular perfume by Shay & Blue for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is citrusy-fruity. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Julie Massé

Top Notes Top NotesBlood orangeBlood orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesLeatherLeather
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber Dark woodsDark woods MuskMusk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 08.02.2022.

Orange leather
What an interesting fragrance. The top note is all blood orange. It’s fresh, a great scent to wear in the morning, perhaps.
After ten minutes, there’s leather—which I usually don’t like at all. But, this leather still smells like oranges, which makes it extremely interesting as a perfume.

The leather dies down like the orange until a musk shows up.

It’s unisex. I believe men will enjoy it a lot., but I hesitate to say it leans masculine because it’s right there for all genders to enjoy.

The sillage is low, but I’m not a heavy sprayer. Longevity is a couple hours on me. I then switch to my afternoon perfume.
The special one
I dedicate my first comment to this great fragrance, it deserves it. It was the first niche fragrance that I have purchased. More precisely, it was a blind purchase and as you can see from the title, I have not regretted it. :D

But how did I come across this perfume?

Initially, I ended up with Orange Sanguine by Atelier Cologne. The fragrance was extremely positively rated by numerous influencers, especially the authentic orange note was highlighted. Therefore, I ordered a sample to be able to get my own impression. The top note was actually very well done and overall everything was quite coherent. However, since my nose is very demanding and for me that certain something was missing, it remained only with this bottling.

I searched in this forum for an alternative and ultimately arrived here at Blood Oranges. "Shay & Blue" then, aha... never heard of it before, but the fragrance pyramid reads quite interesting." These were my initial thoughts on this. My curiosity got the better of me and I wanted to order a bottling as soon as possible. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it here or on any other websites. Finally, the comment of DaveGahan101 convinced me so much that I decided to just order the fragrance.(Of course, immediately the 100ml variant :D) Blind purchases in this price category are actually out of the question for me, but here I made an exception.

The fragrance arrived after a few days chic packaged and I was already very excited, what will expect me. Sprayed twice directly on the wrist and the olfactory journey could begin. A wonderful, very natural scent of blood oranges made itself felt. This top note is really outstanding, I have not smelled anything comparable. After a while, woody and leathery accords join in, these are responsible for the scent being rather unsweet and a certain bitterness resonates. This is exactly what makes this perfume so special, because in my experience, citrus and fruity scents tend to become rather cloying or remain monotonous. That said, if you're looking for a very unique companion for the warmer days and want to bring a certain darkness I'll call it now, this is it.
Much closer I can not even go into this fragrance, this has already done the other comments extremely precise.

One or the other may now ask why only a 9.5, despite the criticism-free review? Well, I belong to the faction to the probably never will / can award a 10, because 10 for me means perfect and a perfect perfume there is not, there never will be. This is certainly arguable, maybe I write a blog on this subject.

Thanks for reading!
Blood Oranges
in times of transition. Along the road, on all the trees, oranges. Of all the trees, oranges. Baskets and small wooden boxes exude the wonderful scent of orange. The trader has white flowers a year. In memory of the orange blossom. You can't smell them anymore. We follow the scent of the oranges and always only oranges, until at the end of the short road we float like orange butterflies with small brown spots towards the firmament and disappear in a magically beautiful bottle.

by Daneh
Schlichte Klassik. Am Stuhlbein!!!
by Camey5000
by Dj2904
by Dj2904
by Beftus
by Beftus

Popular by Shay & Blue

Salt Caramel by Shay & Blue Black Tulip by Shay & Blue Oud Alif (Fragrance Concentrée) by Shay & Blue Parfum Nashwa by Shay & Blue Framboise Noire by Shay & Blue Atropa Belladonna by Shay & Blue Blueberry Musk by Shay & Blue Blacks Club Leather by Shay & Blue Suffolk Lavender by Shay & Blue Sicilian Limes by Shay & Blue Blackberry Woods by Shay & Blue White Peaches by Shay & Blue Dandelion Fig by Shay & Blue Amber Oud Ahad by Shay & Blue Amber Rose (Eau de Parfum) by Shay & Blue English Cherry Blossom by Shay & Blue Watermelons by Shay & Blue Tallulahs Camellia by Shay & Blue Scarlet Lily by Shay & Blue Almond Cucumber by Shay & Blue