Oud Alif 2013 Fragrance Concentrée

Oud Alif (Fragrance Concentrée) by Shay & Blue
Oud Alif (Fragrance Concentrée) is a popular perfume by Shay & Blue for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is spicy-leathery. It is still available to purchase.

Julie Massé

Top Notes Top NotesOudOud
WoodsWoods
Heart Notes Heart NotesDark chocolateDark chocolate
SaffronSaffron
Base Notes Base NotesNappa leatherNappa leather
PatchouliPatchouli

Submitted by Endorphin, last update on 20.10.2021.

Oud & Chocolate?
Warm cold. That meets the fragrance quite well. At the beginning surrounds you first a beautiful oud smoke. About like the one you know from these incense cones. After that, however, leather is the big player. And very high-quality and expensive leather.
The fine-tart chocolate comes and goes. It blows like a breeze always gently past. So not at all sweet or even gourmandig. Very nice how the components complement each other. The oud is so pleasantly present.
I really picture a cozy log cabin with a leather couch and fireplace when I smell this scent. And the piece of chocolate I then approve me in the evening right there.
The fragrance has m.M.n. rightly already won a prize.
I smell the next day still at the Kleidun and the only thing that comes to mind is:
Beautiful!
Oud for oud despisers
Oud. This is a fundamentally polarizing issue. While the lovers of warm animalism and oriental authenticity rave about it, the oud negroes find clear words: "Cowshed, camel call and doctor's office."
In my case, the word oud has an ambivalent meaning. When I think back today to my failed attempt with Oud Ispahan, the hairs on the back of my neck spontaneously stand up in the direction of alert. Gucci's Oud Intense is very much appreciated by my husband and I love the fragrance in him - it even happens that every now and then I reach for this bottling myself in my quiet little room. And then there is the magnificent London of Widian, of which I still guard half a millilitre like the holy grail. It will certainly be worthy of a bottle sometime in the distant future - but I digress.
I always appreciate Oud when he manages to give a fragrance a certain edge without pushing himself into the foreground and drifting off towards penetrance.
About a week ago I received a bottling of a lovely perfume, which was accompanied by a generous addition of "Oud Alif". I was skeptical. It could mean "all or nothing". The name already showed the oud with confidence and in combination with "Alif" it immediately aroused the association of a heavy oriental with the extra portion of cow barn But those who don't dare ... and so on. Two courageous splashes later a question mark appears. Where's Oudo? He has announced his appearance pompously and now he leaves the eager guests standing in the rain. While I am waiting for Oudo and, quite frankly, I don't miss him very much, my nose hears a woody and leathery scent accompanied by a very fine fruity sweetness that makes him unisex as unisex can be for me. But where does this fruitiness come from, which gives the tangy-woody leather accord a friendly twist and makes it wonderfully accessible? It must be the chocolate-saffron combination, because the pyramid doesn't allow anything else. Patchouli is present all the time and harmonizes perfectly with all the other protagonists. It's not cold, damp earth, but desert sand that contributes decisively to the cuddly warm feel-good aura of the fragrance. Now I discover Oudo, who has crept quietly among those present and tries to make the best of the situation. He apologizes, explains that after feeding the milk cows and washing the barn he had to jump under the shower to get rid of his - with respect - somewhat strong smell. Well then, dear Oudo, let's forget about it. Take a glass and enjoy the evening. If you smell so fine, you're forgiven The late guests are usually the most beautiful ones anyway.
Oudo was still frequently asked about his scent that evening, received compliments from various ladies and gentlemen, but always remained modest and reserved. To push himself brazenly into the foreground, that was never his style.
He joked, celebrated exuberantly and stayed a good eight hours, even though he had to fight a little against his tiredness in the early morning hours
2.5

Pointless oud
If we frankly answer the question "what happens that most straight English perfume houses engage in Arabian oud-oriented market?" then we find out many facts. The answer is money not ethics nor prestige. The money itself covers but does like the king's new dress!
Oud Alif is the only oud-dominated fragrance by Shay & Blue. It's sweet grassy, chocolate leathery, spicy and patchouli, all within an un-phenolic, un-medicinal oud accord. The final fragrance is sweet chocolaty oud with tinge of sad grey. You may like Pardon by Nasomatto if you like Oud Alif but Pardon has several times more characteristics that this. Not a bad perfume, but forgettable. Average projection, good longevity.
5/10

by Nicheuphoria
by Nicheuphoria
by Veilchen75
by Veilchen75

Popular Shay & Blue

Salt Caramel by Shay & Blue Blood Oranges by Shay & Blue Black Tulip by Shay & Blue Framboise Noire by Shay & Blue Atropa Belladonna by Shay & Blue Parfum Nashwa by Shay & Blue Blacks Club Leather by Shay & Blue White Peaches by Shay & Blue Suffolk Lavender by Shay & Blue Sicilian Limes by Shay & Blue Blueberry Musk by Shay & Blue Blackberry Woods by Shay & Blue Dandelion Fig by Shay & Blue Amber Oud Ahad by Shay & Blue Amber Rose (Eau de Parfum) by Shay & Blue English Cherry Blossom by Shay & Blue Watermelons by Shay & Blue Scarlet Lily by Shay & Blue Almond Cucumber by Shay & Blue 88 Pineapples by Shay & Blue