Salt Caramel (2014)

Salt Caramel by Shay & Blue

Salt Caramel is a popular perfume by Shay & Blue for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is gourmand-sweet. It is still in production.

Julie Massé

Top Notes Top NotesCaramel, Sea salt
Heart Notes Heart NotesTonka bean
Base Notes Base NotesBourbon vanilla, Sandalwood

Submitted by Michael, last update on 05.08.2020.

Salt Caramel is supposed to be inspired by the "Sea Salt Caramel Truffles" from english chocolatier house Charbonnel et Walker.

NorbertP
This perfume always makes me happy. It is really funny but in a good way.
Very "funny" scent but I love it. Like caramelised popcorn in the cinema. Surprisingly completely unisex I liked it at first but it has grown on me more and more every time I wore it.
Both sillage and longetivity are very good especially considering the price.
Masterpiece in it's category if you ask me. Recommended.
For cineasts and nostalgics
Isn't it amazing how strongly memories and impressions are connected with scents and smells? I could also state quite unsentimentally that Salt Caramel simply smells of freshly prepared popcorn. But that would not do him justice. The scent catapults me every time with such intensity to this one special place cinema that I am amazed again and again.

Our parents unloaded us in pouring rain in front of the entrance of the cinema. Hastily we said goodbye and ran through the rain into the entrance hall. While we queued up to buy the tickets, we invited the air of the lobby, which was scented with all kinds of sweets. Finally another smell joined the candy mixture: fresh, warm popcorn. We took a big bag of popcorn and hurried into the cinema to get a good seat - as far back as possible. We let ourselves sink into the velvet armchairs and dived into another world.

Today I go to the cinema very rarely. But when it does happen, I always find out with satisfaction that nothing has changed in the smell atmosphere.

The fragrance is truly a work of art, amazingly authentic, linear and long lasting. When I smell it, I feel cozy and secure in my memories. I'm not yet sure how often I will actually wear the fragrance, but it is certain that it will be included in my collection.
Sinairq
Cinema, kisses and cold snow
Salt Caramell was funnily enough one of my first fragrances, right after Sauvage and Dylan Blue.
I'm no longer sure how I came up with the brand and the scent, probably just some
JF-Youtube video. Anyway, I am very grateful for having discovered him This fragrance is my fragrance for rainy days, for the uncomfortable cold weather, for the time when I put on a knitted sweater or a warm blanket and take out my granny's cuddly socks.

As many of the previous speakers have said, the fragrance is not particularly complex, you get exactly what the name promises, namely salt + caramel, and that is that the bars bend.
Sweet tooth and foodies should definitely keep their noses open !
Reminiscent of salty popcorn, cinema vestibules, dark halls, fairgrounds, roasted almonds and generally places that promise a good time.

It really always puts me in a comfortable and calm mood, but there is still a little heartbeat Like on a first date, in winter. You meet the girl in front of the building it's cold, but inside your heart is pounding. It's almost boiling with joy and excitement.
Go inside, warm air and the familiar smell hits you. Sweet, salty, pleasant You go to the counter in a suave way and order the tickets. She smiles as you turn around and ask if you would like to share the popcorn. You pay and grin from one ear to the other.
You enter the hall, have a shy and reserved conversation until the film begins.
Red velvet armchairs and curtains, dimmed light that suddenly goes out, then silence.
Her breath beside her. The film begins, naturally a romantic comedy One laughs and slowly the hand moves to hers on the cushion, slowly, carefully, until the fingers intertwine. Their gaze meets that of the boy and they kiss each other.
You move closer together and sink into the armchairs together.
Salty tears on the canvas, sweet in the musty room.
Happy ending, credits
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Silage and shelf life are really good, the smell would be rather reserved in smaller rooms.
Can be annoying quickly, since the scent is quite "penetrating", so enjoy with caution.
Beautiful for cold days and cozy situations, or for any employees in cinemas, at the North Pole and fairs who want to embody the attitude to life of peace, joy and pancakes also fragrant.

Otherwise a lot of love to the label Shay&Blue for beautiful and affordable fragrances !
For the hollow tooth?
I had to go to the dentist today. After a root canal treatment filling 1 should be made. Do they even wear perfume? I do! Absolutely! My choice fell on the cute little bottle of Salt Caramel. Of course I had certain intentions:
a) If I have to go through such a painful treatment and I am constantly afraid of the next action of the doctor, then I want to be comforted at least with a good smell,
b) If I can't eat anything for the next few hours, then at least I want to smell of something delicious to sweeten the waiting time,
c) Besides, I could also try to seduce the dentist, because he is an extremely attractive southerner (I immediately discarded this possibility - even Salt Caramel can hardly scent against the rather uninviting effect I will do on him with open mouth...).
Useful reasons to apply the award-winning fragrance. And it was worth it: this gourmand is also a real happiness maker. But there is more to his fine nuances of popcorn and roasted almonds than to his good friends "Lait de Biscuit" and "Vanille de la Réunion": it must be the sandalwood and perhaps unnamed components that, for all their sweetness, ensure that this fragrance does not drift off into boundless dreams of paradise, but retains a touch of tart masculinity, even if after a while. This slightly woody undertone creates a perfect balance to the sweetness; I can almost feel the light after-shave notes coming through and I find this very pleasant. Add to this the strength of Salt Caramel, to have a touch of salt at the beginning - this too is hardly noticeable with me, but still another part that provides this wonderful balance.
All in all, Salt Caramel is a particularly beautiful winter scent that keeps you together in the cold outside / on the sofa / at the dentist, a small all-rounder whose inexpensive purchase in a small bottle is worthwhile - it's not for the hollow tooth! On the contrary! Only scented caramel is the best tooth protection ever!
Serenissima
Crème caramel in salt crust
What kind of uprising was that back then? In the cooking lessons at school (yes, that was still there at that time) we had made "caramel sweets" out of sugar. The hot mass was poured on sandwich paper and this was then divided into portions with the knife back.
Of course this had to be tried at home: Pan heated, sugar pure - it smoked, the sugar burned, it stank, not only in the kitchen terrible; my mom complained about her favorite pan.
(Today I wonder why she didn't take another pan: after all, it was a kind of experiment for her too.)
Because none of us came up with the idea of stirring milk or cream under the mass - I certainly didn't!

So it's actually a miracle that I love caramel so much: "Crème Caramel" in Italy for dessert - oh, that's something!
"Can I have something right away, please, or better yet, a lot?" To speak to "Karlson from the Roof" by Astrid Lindgren.
That's why I was particularly curious about the fragrance "Salt Caramel" when it arrived in a fragrance letter from Gelis (thanks for that).
So far I only got to know two scents of "Shay & Blue": "Framboise Noire" and "Atropa Belladonna".
I love the black raspberry hot and hearty, but I also liked the belladonna.

Now then "Salt Caramel": the tension rose - sea salt in the fragrance, that could easily backfire!
Anyway, I wasn't so happy at the Olympéa test Bulgaris "Aqva Divina" taught me the opposite.
But I am now also a "Bulgari woman", so the value of this statement is not so reliable.

A delicious bomb of caramel welcomes and caresses me immediately: "Crème Caramel" in thick sea salt crust!
These two harmonize excellently; the sweetness of the "burnt" sugar and the sea breeze - this has a very special charm.
The addition of tonka bean is very successful here. Sometimes we both don't get along; then we argue a little and the outcome varies from time to time.
But this time this aroma is in the right place and also just right dosed: it just fits everything!
A generous portion of Bourbon vanilla, creamy-wool-white and creamy, marries with the typical, always slightly masculine sandalwood scent and both set the "keystone" of this fragrance construction (to stay with the architecture) - the work has succeeded!

"Salt Caramel" is a thoroughly entertaining fragrance; not of the exceptional variety, but interesting in the composition of the scents and very endearing in the sum.
It is astonishingly durable; with me the caramel note retreats sometime and it remains a breath of sea salt on the skin.
The illusion of a walk by the sea, with a light cape of salty moisture that floats around pleasantly - you can live with it!

Like "Atropa Belladonna", I wouldn't buy "Salt Caramel" either; but I'm happy about the rest of the bottling: it's a nice creature that I can add to my scent acquaintances with this one.
So I'm curious to see what else I'll discover with this brand: so far the tests have really paid off.
The brand "Shay & Blue" simply conveys joy when wearing its fragrances.
And do we actually want more?
Blockbuster for the nose
Is this the perfect combination of my two greatest hobbies and passions?!
Will now overcome the hurdles that always gaped between cinema and perfume?

Shay & Blue has caught him mercilessly well, the smell of popcorn in the foyer of a classic cinema,
know about it, in times of Netflix and Amazon, soon only filmnerdige dinos?!

No, still every child knows this smell, no wonder that it hails comments, mostly positive,
if one nails a warm smell so skillfully and genuinely popular on all sides into a perfume.

Slightly salty notes permeate the caramelized, popped corn,
this fragrance is for movie fans like me more than just nice.

It's not uncommon to hear a saying like, "Wow, can I bite you?"
with this perfume you can capture every sweet nose in a playful way.

Never before has popcorn been so lifelike and rich in texture banished into a scent,
after the application I ran directly to the cinema.

A little circus, more show and a lot of cinema,
from Charlie Chaplin to Mickey Mouse.

If you like movies only rudimentarily and have cinema in your heart,
then one has poured pure joy here into the bottle.

He lights one up, naive and dear, almost like from the advertisement to the sweet grain,
as can calmly meet me, from the olfactory buffers of anger.

"Salt Caramel" is an event fragrance, monothematic but perfect in its implementation and idea,
he puts a smile on my lips, even if I'm standing in the snow with my car.

Everyone knows what awaits him, everyone knows what comes, thoughts of the most beautiful days of childhood awaken,
just don't stand too hard on the sprayer, because this memory projector lets it crash.

Super cute, super simple, super hit and super potent,
from Alice to Ripley to the one whose name nobody mentions.
Heaven can wait
Only about 2 weeks ago, after my first tests of Salt Caramel, I agreed with FabianO that, despite a certain fascination, I saw no real reason to wear this fragrance.
Yesterday, I was eagerly awaiting the post office to deliver the bottle I bought at the souk. What had happened there in the last 14 days? I'm afraid it was exactly the same thing that happened with popcorn and the like: Sometime between the first and the eighth bite, the vanguard of drug molecules arrives at the receptors in the brain - bang! - addicted. And Angelliese is now my trusted scent dealer.

Yes, I admit, this is not a subtle, noble fragrance, not an exquisite work of art by a rapt perfumer who brings us the blue from the sky to float in never known spheres. This is also not an intellectual fragrance that presents us with the art of romanticism and the art of the artificial or whatever interesting. This is a down-to-earth scent, physical, almost bold. It's the perfumer who gets us the devotional items from the nearest confectionery or just the popcorn from the counter. Awesome! And, sorry for the expression, awesome
Salt Caramel is sweet and salty, cream and tonka at the same time. It has hardly any run, only towards the end there is minimal vanilla. That says it all, but still too little.
Because how do you manage to create the impression of salt, although you can't smell salt, you can only taste it? It's ingenious how this salty impression succeeds here very authentically without appearing synthetic.
And not all sweeties are the same. At Salt Caramel, I smell the sweetness of sugar, roasted sugar. And this sweetness is completely different from the sweetness of honey or dextrose or certain sweet smelling substances that you smell as such, like maltol.
It may even contain maltol, but it does not smell like it: Ah, yes, the sweetness comes from maltol The warmth of Tonka combines sweet and salty into a pleasant whole. When I read about popcorn in the comments here, I could understand it, I wouldn't have thought of it myself, maybe because I rarely eat popcorn. Also the statement that the fragrance should represent "Sea Salt Caramel Truffles" from Charbonnel and Walker immediately makes sense to me, even if I don't know these special truffles. Although it sounds much more profane than "Sea Salt Caramel Truffles", the overall impression reminds me more of the Ritter Sport chocolate "Honey-Salt-Almond", which with its whole, salted almonds is one of my favourite varieties.
And just like this chocolate, which is not a gourmet chocolate of an exclusive brand, but is quite normal and down-to-earth and available in almost every supermarket, which, yes it is true, is actually too sweet and not enough chocolaty (but I love it anyway), so is Salt Caramel. So relaxing normal, so physical, so salt, sugar, almond, cream, somehow simple and just great!
As beautiful as the sky may be, it is also possible to revel on the earth.
Heaven can wait.

I would like to thank Angelliese for the bottle and Pudelbonzo for the term "fragrance dealer of my trust".

Salty & Sweet...
I didn't know what to expect from this one before I tried it. Would it be too much for me? Would it be overwhelmingly sweet or cloying? Would I have to scrub it off?

Thankfully, none of those things happened because it's a wonderful fragrance and one I appreciate a lot. It's true there is a degree of linearity to this one but it is simple and has such a nice smell that I don't dislike it at all, in fact it's really quite nice!

I think the best thing about it is the addition of salt to the mix, because without that, it would just have smelled nauseatingly sweet (ie just pure caramel). So to be able to balance the sweet and sour (yin-yang) aspects of this was a really good step to take when composing this one.

I do see where the vanilla and sandalwood come in, as the dry-down starts to happen. The smell of salted caramel stays throughout, turning into a caramel biscuit/cookie feel by the end. For me it's something I really like. As a gourmand lover I would recommend it if you are into these kinds of fragrances. It's worth a try.

The son of Coco Mademoiselle and Jeux de Peau
On my mind, this is what happens if Jeux de Peau and Coco Mademoiselle had a child. I don't get much salt on this, but i do get a sugary caramel note and something that smells a lot like the bread note and the creamy sandalwood of Jeux de Peau. The base seems to have something of the sweet woodiness of Coco and curiously i also smell a floral element too, the usual jasmine accord they like to use in modern chypre creations. Not original, but a interesting combination.

Baloma
Salted Caramel Vanilla Popcorn (And Sandalwood)
There's a current vogue in the culinary world for mixing sweet and savoury to produce delectable new flavours. (North Africans have been doing this for centuries). Now Shay & Blue have translated this to tremendous effect by creating Salt Caramel.

This fragrance starts off with a mouthwateringly syrupy toffee popcorn accord that slowly becomes ever more irresistible as the tonka bean note joins the fiesta. The savoury sweetness (or sweet savouriness) continues unabated through to the fragrant, elegant sandalwood base. Gorgeous.

This is a sophisticated gourmand. It is not so literal as to be a food smell. Rather, it is a multilayered, meticulously-constructed perfume in the best French tradition (but with a British twist). It lasts a tremendously long time and projects admirably. I fancy it might also do wonders for layering with other fragrances. Perhaps a spray of this with Shay & Blue's Sicilian Limes? Lemon caramel tart anyone? Yes please!

by Seejungfrau
Süßes unterm Weihnachtsbaum
by Gwiazdka72
by Gwiazdka72

Popular Shay & Blue

Blood Oranges by Shay & Blue Oud Alif (Fragrance Concentrée) by Shay & Blue Framboise Noire by Shay & Blue Blacks Club Leather by Shay & Blue Atropa Belladonna by Shay & Blue Black Tulip by Shay & Blue Dandelion Fig by Shay & Blue Suffolk Lavender by Shay & Blue White Peaches by Shay & Blue Blueberry Musk by Shay & Blue Sicilian Limes by Shay & Blue Amber Rose (Eau de Parfum) by Shay & Blue Blackberry Woods by Shay & Blue Amber Oud Ahad by Shay & Blue Parfum Nashwa by Shay & Blue English Cherry Blossom by Shay & Blue Watermelons by Shay & Blue Almond Cucumber by Shay & Blue Scarlet Lily by Shay & Blue Kings Wood by Shay & Blue