Salt Caramel 2014

Salt Caramel by Shay & Blue
Salt Caramel is a popular perfume by Shay & Blue for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is gourmand-sweet. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Wood Sage & Sea Salt (Cologne)

Julie Massé

Top Notes Top NotesCaramel, Sea salt
Heart Notes Heart NotesTonka bean
Base Notes Base NotesBourbon vanilla, Sandalwood

Submitted by Michael, last update on 16.04.2021.

Salt Caramel is supposed to be inspired by the "Sea Salt Caramel Truffles" from english chocolatier house Charbonnel et Walker.

Nutella for the wrist
Since the notes of caramel and sea salt appealed to me - I love both - I got myself a bottling and was more than excited. And decidedly surprised when this then came. To me, it doesn't smell like what I was expecting, which is caramel candy or chocolate with a hint of sea salt. I smell mostly a hazelnut out of it, a bit nougaty. I don't detect the popcorn described by many at all. To me, it smells most like nut nougat cream to spray. With time, there is also something slightly salty. And then suddenly there's a hint of fresh laundry, or soap? Interesting in this combination, not off-putting, not mega-attractive. Someone wrote: "This is not a perfume", I agree. Certainly only suitable for very few signature scents. Since I'm always interested in how others perceive perfumes, including people who don't deal with fragrances that much, I wore the scent to work once. A colleague said the hallway smelled like roasted almonds. There are worse things than smelling like a visit to the fair. Still: For me, unfortunately, not a perfume that will come in my collection, which is a shame, because the bottle I actually find quite pretty. Unfortunately, also not a fragrance that I will spray on my skin again. I do, however, like to spray it on a strip of paper, just to be surprised again and again by the evolution of the scents. As a room spray for the winter season, I would find it successful, and I don't mean that in a derogatory way. Scent lovers will surely agree with me on how great a well-scented room can be. But unfortunately it is too expensive for me

No popcorn here
I’ve read the other reviews about this perfume smelling like popcorn or a movie theater. I don’t get this sense at all.

I smell a big salty piece of fresh caramel from Kilwin’s. (You know, the ice cream shop that smells like fudge, ice cream, and freshly baked waffle cones when you walk inside). It’s heavenly and delicious.

I blind tested the family to get their opinions since I’d made the mistake of reading the reviews beforehand.

Each person said they smelled salt and caramel and each one said I smelled delicious. No one said the words “popcorn” or “cinema.” I gave them each time to decide for sure what they smelled. My husband picked up vanilla.

I then asked if it smelled like popcorn to them and they all laughed and said no.

I honestly don’t get the whole popcorn experience. This scent is strong and it’s definitely not typical. I can’t say that I love it, but I also don’t dislike it.

It’s 100% gourmand.

Sillage is ok. I sprayed once on a wrist and dabbed together and sprayed once on my chest. I can smell myself very strongly.

I can’t rate the price or bottle because I bought a decant from Luxury Scentbox. (I have a great coupon code for my friends if you want to try it—Just ask).
0.5
A joke...
I'm probably a bit peculiar again, because I'm probably one of the few who do not like this "fragrance" absolutely. O.K. that is for me a fun fragrance but as a perfume totally unsuitable..

Finally came my samples and finally I could test this highly praised fragrance.
The first 5 minutes comes a very authentic scent / smell, however, of caramelized popcorn against, so authentic as I will have one of the monster large portions of popcorn hanging around the neck. So seriously, do you want to smell like popcorn? Smells all right when you're sitting in a movie theater and a monster is hungry for popcorn but as a perfume?

I imagine I go out to dinner with my husband and smell to heaven of popcorn.... Hmm, difficult. Feminine and romantic is a different story. Well, it does not come to that, because this caramelized popcorn note disappears completely within 5 minutes. That's the fastest I've ever seen a top note go bye-bye... What then comes is a thin totally boring and uninteresting woody note with something indefinable in the background, may be the salt note....

This fragrance is for me purely personally not a perfume.... The fragrance falls under the category of fun / fun / gag ...

The fragrance has in addition to my skin a catastrophic H+S. Durability 2 hours, Sillage absolutely Zero..
Got it today
Received today - applied immediately. Most of the comments here very spot on. Nice, salty, caramel popcorn. Would immediately like to take a sip of it. What strikes me which is not writ large here. It has for me a slightly "soapy" note, especially immediately after spraying. Comes me immediately a cinema in the sense - which is cleaned however straight. In any case, a great recommendation from me for all who like it fancy. S / H in the better midfield
The first date - A cinematic experience
I think everyone can tell you a thing or two about it; about the first date with the crush at the movies.
This fragrance brings back all the memories associated with it in an incredibly authentic way.
The evening has come, it's getting warm in the cinema. The incredibly delicious smell of warm, buttery-caramel popcorn is in the air. We share a jumbo bag and fall into our chairs with our swarm. There is excitement, tension and desire in the air. The film becomes a minor matter. Timidly we come closer, again and again we touch each other, while at the same time we fish the popcorn out of the bag. In the course of the film we snuggle up, listen to the crackling, start kissing.
The fragrance starts incredibly warm, buttery-creamy, slightly like burnt sugar without being artificially annoying. The lightly salted caramel, tonka bean and bourbon vanilla are present "all evening" and so seductive that they offer room for more ;)
NorbertP
This perfume always makes me happy. It is really funny but in a good way.
Very "funny" scent but I love it. Like caramelised popcorn in the cinema. Surprisingly completely unisex I liked it at first but it has grown on me more and more every time I wore it.
Both sillage and longetivity are very good especially considering the price.
Masterpiece in it's category if you ask me. Recommended.
For cineasts and nostalgics
Isn't it amazing how strongly memories and impressions are connected with scents and smells? I could also state quite unsentimentally that Salt Caramel simply smells of freshly prepared popcorn. But that would not do him justice. The scent catapults me every time with such intensity to this one special place cinema that I am amazed again and again.

Our parents unloaded us in pouring rain in front of the entrance of the cinema. Hastily we said goodbye and ran through the rain into the entrance hall. While we queued up to buy the tickets, we invited the air of the lobby, which was scented with all kinds of sweets. Finally another smell joined the candy mixture: fresh, warm popcorn. We took a big bag of popcorn and hurried into the cinema to get a good seat - as far back as possible. We let ourselves sink into the velvet armchairs and dived into another world.

Today I go to the cinema very rarely. But when it does happen, I always find out with satisfaction that nothing has changed in the smell atmosphere.

The fragrance is truly a work of art, amazingly authentic, linear and long lasting. When I smell it, I feel cozy and secure in my memories. I'm not yet sure how often I will actually wear the fragrance, but it is certain that it will be included in my collection.
Sinairq
Cinema, kisses and cold snow
Salt Caramell was funnily enough one of my first fragrances, right after Sauvage and Dylan Blue.
I'm no longer sure how I came up with the brand and the scent, probably just some
JF-Youtube video. Anyway, I am very grateful for having discovered him This fragrance is my fragrance for rainy days, for the uncomfortable cold weather, for the time when I put on a knitted sweater or a warm blanket and take out my granny's cuddly socks.

As many of the previous speakers have said, the fragrance is not particularly complex, you get exactly what the name promises, namely salt + caramel, and that is that the bars bend.
Sweet tooth and foodies should definitely keep their noses open !
Reminiscent of salty popcorn, cinema vestibules, dark halls, fairgrounds, roasted almonds and generally places that promise a good time.

It really always puts me in a comfortable and calm mood, but there is still a little heartbeat Like on a first date, in winter. You meet the girl in front of the building it's cold, but inside your heart is pounding. It's almost boiling with joy and excitement.
Go inside, warm air and the familiar smell hits you. Sweet, salty, pleasant You go to the counter in a suave way and order the tickets. She smiles as you turn around and ask if you would like to share the popcorn. You pay and grin from one ear to the other.
You enter the hall, have a shy and reserved conversation until the film begins.
Red velvet armchairs and curtains, dimmed light that suddenly goes out, then silence.
Her breath beside her. The film begins, naturally a romantic comedy One laughs and slowly the hand moves to hers on the cushion, slowly, carefully, until the fingers intertwine. Their gaze meets that of the boy and they kiss each other.
You move closer together and sink into the armchairs together.
Salty tears on the canvas, sweet in the musty room.
Happy ending, credits
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Silage and shelf life are really good, the smell would be rather reserved in smaller rooms.
Can be annoying quickly, since the scent is quite "penetrating", so enjoy with caution.
Beautiful for cold days and cozy situations, or for any employees in cinemas, at the North Pole and fairs who want to embody the attitude to life of peace, joy and pancakes also fragrant.

Otherwise a lot of love to the label Shay&Blue for beautiful and affordable fragrances !
For the hollow tooth?
I had to go to the dentist today. After a root canal treatment filling 1 should be made. Do they even wear perfume? I do! Absolutely! My choice fell on the cute little bottle of Salt Caramel. Of course I had certain intentions:
a) If I have to go through such a painful treatment and I am constantly afraid of the next action of the doctor, then I want to be comforted at least with a good smell,
b) If I can't eat anything for the next few hours, then at least I want to smell of something delicious to sweeten the waiting time,
c) Besides, I could also try to seduce the dentist, because he is an extremely attractive southerner (I immediately discarded this possibility - even Salt Caramel can hardly scent against the rather uninviting effect I will do on him with open mouth...).
Useful reasons to apply the award-winning fragrance. And it was worth it: this gourmand is also a real happiness maker. But there is more to his fine nuances of popcorn and roasted almonds than to his good friends "Lait de Biscuit" and "Vanille de la Réunion": it must be the sandalwood and perhaps unnamed components that, for all their sweetness, ensure that this fragrance does not drift off into boundless dreams of paradise, but retains a touch of tart masculinity, even if after a while. This slightly woody undertone creates a perfect balance to the sweetness; I can almost feel the light after-shave notes coming through and I find this very pleasant. Add to this the strength of Salt Caramel, to have a touch of salt at the beginning - this too is hardly noticeable with me, but still another part that provides this wonderful balance.
All in all, Salt Caramel is a particularly beautiful winter scent that keeps you together in the cold outside / on the sofa / at the dentist, a small all-rounder whose inexpensive purchase in a small bottle is worthwhile - it's not for the hollow tooth! On the contrary! Only scented caramel is the best tooth protection ever!
Serenissima
Crème caramel in salt crust
What kind of uprising was that back then? In the cooking lessons at school (yes, that was still there at that time) we had made "caramel sweets" out of sugar. The hot mass was poured on sandwich paper and this was then divided into portions with the knife back.
Of course this had to be tried at home: Pan heated, sugar pure - it smoked, the sugar burned, it stank, not only in the kitchen terrible; my mom complained about her favorite pan.
(Today I wonder why she didn't take another pan: after all, it was a kind of experiment for her too.)
Because none of us came up with the idea of stirring milk or cream under the mass - I certainly didn't!

So it's actually a miracle that I love caramel so much: "Crème Caramel" in Italy for dessert - oh, that's something!
"Can I have something right away, please, or better yet, a lot?" To speak to "Karlson from the Roof" by Astrid Lindgren.
That's why I was particularly curious about the fragrance "Salt Caramel" when it arrived in a fragrance letter from Gelis (thanks for that).
So far I only got to know two scents of "Shay & Blue": "Framboise Noire" and "Atropa Belladonna".
I love the black raspberry hot and hearty, but I also liked the belladonna.

Now then "Salt Caramel": the tension rose - sea salt in the fragrance, that could easily backfire!
Anyway, I wasn't so happy at the Olympéa test Bulgaris "Aqva Divina" taught me the opposite.
But I am now also a "Bulgari woman", so the value of this statement is not so reliable.

A delicious bomb of caramel welcomes and caresses me immediately: "Crème Caramel" in thick sea salt crust!
These two harmonize excellently; the sweetness of the "burnt" sugar and the sea breeze - this has a very special charm.
The addition of tonka bean is very successful here. Sometimes we both don't get along; then we argue a little and the outcome varies from time to time.
But this time this aroma is in the right place and also just right dosed: it just fits everything!
A generous portion of Bourbon vanilla, creamy-wool-white and creamy, marries with the typical, always slightly masculine sandalwood scent and both set the "keystone" of this fragrance construction (to stay with the architecture) - the work has succeeded!

"Salt Caramel" is a thoroughly entertaining fragrance; not of the exceptional variety, but interesting in the composition of the scents and very endearing in the sum.
It is astonishingly durable; with me the caramel note retreats sometime and it remains a breath of sea salt on the skin.
The illusion of a walk by the sea, with a light cape of salty moisture that floats around pleasantly - you can live with it!

Like "Atropa Belladonna", I wouldn't buy "Salt Caramel" either; but I'm happy about the rest of the bottling: it's a nice creature that I can add to my scent acquaintances with this one.
So I'm curious to see what else I'll discover with this brand: so far the tests have really paid off.
The brand "Shay & Blue" simply conveys joy when wearing its fragrances.
And do we actually want more?

BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 months ago
Salty caramel opening and a cloying boozy vanilla drydown. The scent in the first hour is bearable but after that it becomes sickening.

by AlexW
by Gwiazdka72
by Tasa77
by Tasa77

Popular Shay & Blue

Blood Oranges by Shay & Blue Parfum Nashwa by Shay & Blue Oud Alif (Fragrance Concentrée) by Shay & Blue Black Tulip by Shay & Blue Framboise Noire by Shay & Blue Blacks Club Leather by Shay & Blue Atropa Belladonna by Shay & Blue Blueberry Musk by Shay & Blue Suffolk Lavender by Shay & Blue White Peaches by Shay & Blue Sicilian Limes by Shay & Blue Dandelion Fig by Shay & Blue Blackberry Woods by Shay & Blue Amber Rose (Eau de Parfum) by Shay & Blue English Cherry Blossom by Shay & Blue Amber Oud Ahad by Shay & Blue Watermelons by Shay & Blue Scarlet Lily by Shay & Blue Almond Cucumber by Shay & Blue Kings Wood by Shay & Blue