Féminité du Bois (1992)Eau de Parfum

Féminité du Bois (Eau de Parfum) by Shiseido / 資生堂
Bottle Design Serge Lutens

Top 30 in Women's Perfume
Féminité du Bois (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Shiseido / 資生堂 for women and was released in 1992. The scent is woody-spicy. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Cedarwood, Clove, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Orange blossom, Peach, Honey, Plum, Beeswax, Sandalwood, Musk, Rose, Violet

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 11.07.2020.

The Forbidden Forest
After the heavy downpour the evening before, the ever hotter morning sun transforms the meticulously tended garden with its meticulously trimmed bushes, English lawn and carefully planted flower beds into a huge mosaic of precious stones. Cowering in the emerald-green grass, like carelessly scattered amethysts, are violet violets. Ruby-red roses have a lavish scent and longingly stretch their open calyxes towards the rising sun. The bees hum lazily.

Whistling, I cross the garden on the way to my tree house, dressed in a washed-out shirt and jeans at the age of twelve. I drive my hand through my short cut curls. In a small basket I carry my mother's homemade spice cake, pick some ripe peaches and plums on the way and can't resist the temptation to pluck some flowers and put them in my basket together with the fruit. A beguiling potpourri of scents rises from my basket. I stop and sniff: a spicy and tempting scent is in the air, coming from the nearby cedar forest. I have never entered this forest, too many wild stories are going around the village and exploring the forest is strongly discouraged. Besides, my ma has strictly forbidden me to...
The wind rustles in the treetops. I take a deep breath and enter the dark forest. The birdsong stops almost instantly. Except for the sound of a knocking woodpecker it is completely silent. As I feel my way forward, a murmur and whisper rises, dark shadows scurry around, pairs of eyes watch me. Hands reach for me, I shake them off. Sometimes a bright voice cries out, then everything is quiet again. An indescribably spicy-balsamic scent fills the air, I literally suck the scent into myself. I don't know how long I have been wandering through this forest, I have lost all sense of time...

Finally I reach a clearing and stop. Completely astonished I notice that my clothes have become much too tight and too short, I irritatedly get rid of them, hopefully nobody will cross my path. Fortunately my underwear is still a little bit too tight. I throw my long hair back and continue my way.

It cracks in the thicket. A deer with huge antlers appears before me. For a moment it stands completely still and looks at me with big, dark eyes before it jumps away light-footedly.
A softly rising and falling hissing fills the air, the forest thins out, the hissing becomes louder...at the same time the scent becomes weaker.

The ocean stretches before me, dark blue, almost black. The roar of the surf fills the air. A huge red sun sinks into the horizon. I take one last look at the cedar forest where my femininity has awakened...

Slowly I wade into the water and let myself slide into the dark waves. Only for a fraction of a second I am amazed by the withered skin on my forearms and the light brown spots on my hands. I smile tiredly and swim slowly but resolutely further, further and further out to the open sea, towards the setting sun.

The true soul of " Féminité du bois " has departed forever

Cedar done well.
It opens with Cedar. There is a hint of spices (cinnamon, cardamom, ginger) behind it, but cedar dominates fully. It's a fresh, dry cedar. Like wood freshly removed from the kiln. After it warms up a bit a sweet musk with some added sweetness of plum and honey peek out. This is really a lovely transformation. The plum and cedar pair so nicely. It's an interesting pairing, preventing the scent from getting boring. There is also that spice mix peeking out, but it's very understated.
After a couple of hours I mostly get benzoin, plum and honey in front of the cedar with a hint of spices.
The dry down is all sandalwood, benzoin and a nice ginger zing. There is also a nice clean musk in there and a faint memory of the cedar, spices, and honey.
Overall a lovely scent with a nice progression. The sillage is personal, but more than a skin scent and the longevity was about 8 hours or so.

Feb
2015

spoiled plums
I think this may be one of those fragrances that chooses its people. It hasn't chosen me. I keep retrying it every once in a while because it has so many notes in it that I usually love. (And I do like Fendi's Asja, which has a lot of them in it.) On me, it's plums that have just started to ferment, with a dusting of cumin. Yuk. (052809)

LillibetLillibet 2 years ago
A gorgeous fragrance combining spices, dry cedar & woods with delicious dark plum notes. Essence of autumn.
Bcars10Bcars10 3 years ago
Bold woods and spices. This (the original by Shiseido) comforts me deeply and is one of my all-time favorites.

by Hatka
by Hatka
by Merlina
Féminité du Bois (miniature)
by Lillibet
by Jayawardana
by Fran
by Fran

Popular Shiseido / 資生堂

Zen (2007) (Eau de Parfum) by Shiseido / 資生堂 Zen Gold Elixir by Shiseido / 資生堂 Basala / Basara (Eau de Toilette) by Shiseido / 資生堂 Energizing Fragrance / エナジャイジングフレグランス by Shiseido / 資生堂 Saso / 沙棗 (Eau de Parfum) by Shiseido / 資生堂 Tactics (Eau de Toilette) by Shiseido / 資生堂 Relaxing Fragrance / Fragrance Relaxante / リラクシングフレグランス (Eau de Parfum) by Shiseido / 資生堂 Zen Secret Bloom by Shiseido / 資生堂 Zen (Eau de Parfum Aromatique) by Shiseido / 資生堂 Vocalise / ヴォカリーズ (Eau de Parfum) by Shiseido / 資生堂 Nombre Noir / ノンブル ノワール (Parfum) by Shiseido / 資生堂 Murasaki / むらさき (Eau de Parfum) by Shiseido / 資生堂 Zen White Heat Edition by Shiseido / 資生堂 Zen Moon Essence by Shiseido / 資生堂 Zen (Eau de Parfum Concentrée) by Shiseido / 資生堂 Rising Sun by Shiseido / 資生堂 Zen (1964) (Eau de Cologne) by Shiseido / 資生堂 Ever Bloom / エバーブルーム (Eau de Parfum) by Shiseido / 資生堂 Zen for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Shiseido / 資生堂 Ever Bloom Ginza Flower by Shiseido / 資生堂