Malibù - Party In The Bay 2018

Malibù - Party In The Bay by Simone Andreoli
Malibù - Party In The Bay is a popular perfume by Simone Andreoli for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Simone Andreoli

Top Notes Top NotesLimeLime
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoconut waterCoconut water
SugarSugar
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwoodSandalwood
RumRum

Submitted by ExUser, last update on 23.09.2021.

Parfumflyer
Sweet and fresh mood enhancer
Sea, beach, pools, cocktails... who doesn't love that?
Animated by the many positive comments here I had to test this fragrance, which supposedly implements this scenery olfactory very well, simply and luckily there is the souk here!

The sample is there, today is tested:

9 o'clock:
I dare 5 sprays (2 x neck, 1 x neck, 1 x back of the hand, 1 x shirt elbow area).
The top note tingles freshly in the nose, very clearly I hear the lime, while the child praises: you smell so like "Zritone".
But was that it? No, there's something else! Pineapple? Cocos? I dismiss the initial pineapple association then again, because it's the combination of lime and sweet sticky sugar that gives off a similar vibe. Although this sugary touch (a previous comment spoke of a similarity to a "Nimm2 candy", which I can well understand) is still supported by a hint of coconut, the fresh note of lime (or "Zritone") clearly prevails.
The sillage is strong, I smell the fragrance itself so clearly that I probably draw a scent veil of several meters behind me in closed rooms or corridors.

11 o'clock:
The radiance has reduced very slightly, the tingle from the beginning is gone, the notes melt into a rather sugary syrup of lime and coconut. Rum? Sandalwood? Rather not yet. On the skin, the scent is clearly more pleasant than on the shirt sleeve, amazing.

11:15:
A colleague comes into the office. "What smells so good in here? Is that a room fragrance?"

1:00:
So very tentatively something woody shows up close to the skin. On the clothes, the performance has clearly diminished.

15:00:
The lime retreats further and further, sugar and coconut become more powerful. At the same time, the fragrance becomes thinner overall, thereby one is not crushed by the sweetness. A subtle woody note provides a touch of elegance.

17:00
The fragrance is very close to the skin and so slowly runs out of breath.But 8 hours is a decent performance. End of the test.

So much for my impressions.
Now, of course, the question is: When do you wear the?
For very high temperatures, it is a tad too sweet, and if you wear it in the evening at the bar, you will be suspected of having accidentally poured a (real) cocktail over the clothes.
For this it is super suitable as a mood lifter on gray days. Who says that you can wear fragrances with summer vibes only in the summer?

Overall, it is a beautiful, special, high-quality unisex fragrance (perhaps a tick more suitable for female creatures because of the timid woody note).

Comparison with Virgin Island Water:
I had of course also already tested, it is however longer ago. In comparison, "Party In The Bay" is a tad better to me, but I can not say exactly why. In addition, the term "sweet Plörre" came to my mind at some point with the Creed, not with the Malibu - so overall I felt it as a higher quality.
Tropical vibes
"Club Tropicana, drinks are free
Fun and sunshine, there's enough for everyone
All that's missing is the sea
But don't worry, you can suntan"

This song must have been on Simone Andreoli's mind while she was creating this tropical water
And yes, it just fits so well. When I listen to /view Wham! 's 80s summer hit, I think to myself, this must be exactly how it smelled in the music video.

Party in the Bay and Club Tropicana both give you the same good mood holiday feeling :-)
Even if the top note is something very lime dominant, yes almost in the direction of glass cleaner / toilet fresh, this fragrance makes you want to summer and party. One stands at the bar, snips limes, and stomps them with cane sugar, just as Malibu smells. The coconut doesn't come across too creamy here, which isn't a bad thing at all, more watery/sparkly. Rum I take here, however, not too strong war.

Just at hot temperatures a great companion, and may be missing on no pool party

Pure beach party
Since the ingredients made me curious, I got myself a 10 ml filling in the souk.
The problem I have now is that my wish list has been extended again by a fragrance.

Opening: Boooom.... Lime It's like someone pours the juice of several fruits over your head.
Quickly joined by the scent of coconut.

Mentally, I sit in said bay, drinking a cocktail from the bamboo beach bar in front of me and listening to electronic music in the dusk, illuminated by fairy lights.

This is how I imagine a party in the bay.

The H/S is superhuman.
2 sprays and I pulled still 3 hours later ne cloud from Cocos and lime behind with.
When I greeted my mom and took in his arms, she herself had ne Sillage :D
Could me all in all after 8 to 9 hours even still smell.

So definitely have to get me the 100 ml bottle. I'll see how long I can pull the 10 ml from the souk. 2 sprays are enough... more is but also okay :D All in all... for me a 9/10!

Great fragrance!

Cocktail on the beach
It is difficult to talk about this fragrance and not think about VIW, they are not the same, but the resemblance is there. In my opinion, the Creed fragrance has more quality and is more balanced. But for those who don´t want to pay those prices or want something more striking, Malibu is a very good option.
What do we find here?
An exit with a very powerful lime, which gives you a rush of energy, behind that, sugar, rum and coconut. A cocktail, no more, no less.
All this rests on a creamy woody background. Cheerful, informal, for day and heat.
Put on your sunglasses, your summer shirt and hit the trigger.

A fresh summery cocktail
I wanted to try it after a girl mentioned it in a Facebook discussion about Intense Tiaré by Montale.
Very nice, fresh and pleasant! It reminds me of Cuba Libre cocktail or Haribo frizz cola candies...it makes me travel with my mind.
Lacrimosa86
Cocktail party on the beach
WOW
Perfect for hot days, smells like a creamy cocktail, in the opening with a tart fresh lime. Then comes a creamy coconut with brown cane sugar through and is easily beschwipst with a soft rum.
The name says it all, smells like vacation by the sea.

I'll have to budget well for the 8ml in the summer!

Funnily enough, the longer the perfume is on the skin, I have the feeling that Malibu has similarities with So hooked on Carmella by Benefit.
King of the parties
Sparkling, juicy and tart! Lime in all its glory, lightly sprinkled with sugar. After a while, the citrus component softens with coconut and creamy sandalwood. Coconut here is cool, not creamy-nourishing, but quite edible, but at the same time not sweet
MamaMiALIBU
At the beginning I would like to say times few bars to my actually smell taste.

I never had much interest in fresh, citrus fragrances, because I was always annoyed because of the durability. That's why fall and winter have always been my favorite seasons for my perfume addiction. Therefore, 90 percent of my collection also consists of spicy-woody-oriental fragrances.

Now about this fragrance. Many said it was a dupe of the fragrance VIW by Creed. The fragrance I have had half an eternity ago once in front of my nose, in memory have him but no longer exactly, because in the meantime already hundreds of fragrances have dusted my nose. On recommendation in the ticker, I have the fragrance then bought as a sample to.

Now I opened the package and it overcame me a scent of freshly squeezed lime. When I then sprayed it on, the so natural and so tangy lime made itself felt on my skin. It blew me away right away. It smells so much like vacation, like freedom, like summer. I felt like I was in Malibu (although I only know it through movies). This freshman has catapulted me into scent direction, which I have long tried to avoid.
After about half an hour then comes out this coconut aura, which reminds me of the eponymous Perlweise bottle, with the sunset and the palm trees in the foreground! I personally love coconut. Thus, this fragrance has convinced me in addition again. In the drydown then comes the sandalwood added with a light rum note.

Conclusion: This fragrance is just perfect for the summer! I have directly bought a bottle and am already looking forward to wearing the summer and enjoy the weather
Saxendi
More horsepower like the original.
A good fragrance twin of Creed Virgin Island Water, the "original" is for my taste
More natural and a tick better than Malibu.
Durability and Sillage is in any case better as with Creed.
Who knows the Nimm 2 candy lemon I smell now and then with the
beautiful and well-made perfume from Andreoli.
Happy
I was allowed to smell this fragrance by chance in a small niche perfumery in Italy.
My Creed VIW Water bottle has been empty for quite some time, and this scent smells identical to mine.
However, the drydown is not quite so sweet, which I like very much.
You can now be critical and think why a young aspiring perfumer is copying a fragrance from Creed.
But it doesn't matter to me, the fragrance is at least as good, a little better and the price is also okay ( 100 ml 130€)

BertolucciKBertolucciK 5 months ago
Lime, coconut and rum. Greener, more bitter than VIW, which balances the creamy coconut and the sugar. The rum gives an intoxicating facet.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 1 year ago
A fresh and bright green-citric Summer fragrance, balanced by a slightly boozy and creamy sweet-woody base. Way better than VIW. 100% Unisex

by Crows
by Crows
by Felsn
by Felsn

Popular Simone Andreoli

Leisure in Paradise by Simone Andreoli Sentosa by Simone Andreoli Eterno by Simone Andreoli Deep Island by Simone Andreoli L'Or du Sillage by Simone Andreoli Business Man by Simone Andreoli Silenzio by Simone Andreoli Moorea by Simone Andreoli Camouflage by Simone Andreoli Don't Ask Me Permission by Simone Andreoli Zest di Sorrento by Simone Andreoli Smoke Of Desert / Smoke Of God by Simone Andreoli Fico Nero di Sardegna by Simone Andreoli Mandorla del Sud / Mandorla di Noto by Simone Andreoli Sunplosion - Aloha State of Mind by Simone Andreoli Pacific Park by Simone Andreoli Born From Fire by Simone Andreoli