Brosse by Slumberhouse

Brosse is a popular limited perfume by Slumberhouse for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is spicy-resinous. Projection and longevity are above-average. The production was apparently discontinued. Limited Edition

Submitted by AmyAmy, last update on 25.08.2018.

8.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Camphire
Come in front of the campfire. In the woods. It's getting cold slowly and we're adding wood. What we found. It was warm the last days and the needles and bark crack when the fire receives them. The last lifeblood of the fallen branches evaporates warmly and aromatically. Resiny drops glow briefly and exude their scent.
We wait until only the embers remain and the dance of the flames finally rests. The warmth still on the skin, we get up at dawn to move on. The forest in our clothes. A welcome guest. And faithful companion.

Brosse is a scent, like the glowing heart of a forest. Resin, cones and wood. Burning together to a wonderful smoked note. Full salary. Full of warmth. The fragrance reminds me a little of Oud 777, at least in the context of the resinous aromas that dominate this fragrance, along with the slightly smoky.

We always, with Josh Lobbs scents, the name is fictitious, but always sounds somehow Nordic. As always, it's an extrait that truly lives up to its name. Similar to Oud 777, this light oiliness and deep dark colour after spraying is another aspect that is at the beginning of the fragrance journey and picks me up at something special. Swear to me. Enchanted. Banishes.

Brosse is absolutely suitable for everyday use. It vibrites with warmth and radiates massively, especially at the current summer temperatures (above 30 degrees). If other fragrances become rather close to the skin when warm, Brosse Projection and Mood skilfully holds out over 12+ hours. At higher dosages it even survives showers and the daily limit. In the drydown I smell amber and sandalwood, just great.

I can recommend the fragrance to anyone who likes resinous smoky fragrances. They don't just belong in autumn or winter. If one would want to describe brosse with only one color, then this would be difficult. Shall we say camouflage? Warm brown and dark green. Your pulse as an accelerant.

9.0 9.0 9.0/10

Appealing Gourmand
Think of Norne mixed with Zahd but without the former's ashes or the latter's candy. At first, Brosse seems a gourmand in the style of Serge Lutens' Arabie which conjurs Christmas and plum pudding. Brosse is less plummy. It has more hearth than Arabie, but it too reminds me of Christmas. On skin, however, something fresh and beautiful rises above the general date-fig-clove-wood atmosphere. For me, it makes Brosse more wearable than some of the Slumberhouse wonder scents. Don't get me wrong. I love them, want to own them all. Each is a not-to-be-missed smell event. Brosse, like New Sibet, is one I'll regularly be spraying on. Must find out what that lovely top note is. A citrusy floral?

Popular Slumberhouse

Norne by Slumberhouse Kiste by Slumberhouse Jeke by Slumberhouse Ore by Slumberhouse Sådanne by Slumberhouse Pear + Olive by Slumberhouse Sova by Slumberhouse New Sibet by Slumberhouse Baque by Slumberhouse Rume by Slumberhouse Vikt by Slumberhouse Grev by Slumberhouse Brosse by Slumberhouse Zahd by Slumberhouse Sixes & Sevens by Slumberhouse Sana by Slumberhouse Eki by Slumberhouse Mare by Slumberhouse Lanz by Slumberhouse Flou by Slumberhouse