Norne by Slumberhouse

Norne is a popular perfume by Slumberhouse for men and was released in 2012. The scent is resinous-woody. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Josh Lobb

Pine needle, Lichen, Fern, Moss, Hemlock, Frankincense

Submitted by Formicula, last update on 14.05.2019

8.0/10

The Best Slumberhouse!
Oh, yes -- this does invoke memories as tdwctdwc states below. For me it is from my childhood in Ontario -- conifers, dank moss, smokey cottage. And yet, there is a slight freshness that lifts the wonderful blend to a happy but still cozy place that makes me smile. Seriously considering a full bottle.
5.0 7.5 7.0/10

Inky Green
I was pleased to receive a sample of Norne in a purchase I made some time ago. I would never have actively sought this fragrance out but I am really happy that I've had the opportunity of sampling it … it smells like an Enchanted Forest!

The sample I have proclaims this fragrance as being Unisex, but it leans well toward the masculine end of the spectrum for me. This is probably due to inherent memories of flipping through magazines in the 70's and 80's and being bombarded with images of ruggedly handsome men in cable knit sweaters advertising frags like Pino Sylvestre and Agua Brava. Pine forests (think lumberjacks) and hiking in the Alps are traditionally masculine pursuits, so while this fragrance conjures these images I can't help flights of Elven fancy (a la Legolas of the Woodland Realm) while smelling this concoction.
There is absolutely no doubt that this fragrance is beautiful … it just occupies a niche within a niche of the fragrance world. Pine, unfortunately, comes coupled with images of not-so-clean taxi cabs and bathroom disinfectant … thankfully Norne is so beautifully blended that these ideas are never reached. I first thought that the glass containing this frag was black. To my surprise, as I emptied half the contents to the back of my left hand it became clear (or so to speak)! When held up to the light, Norne is a deep, inky green … reminiscent of what one would imagine the light to be like in a deep forest clearing.
A mentholated blast in the opening of green Pine needles is soon followed by muted, dark tones … reminiscent of wet undergrowth. The Moss in this fragrance is prevalent throughout and a definite, 'felled timber' feeling also. I have no idea what Hemlock smells like, but I think that the mention of this note is what inspires the idea of mystery here … like having Gandalf looking over one's shoulder :). As I draw my hand away from my nose I also get a faint touch of cannabis … probably from the combination of green stuff and resiny Frankincense.

I have been known to wear the odd coniferous scent in my fragrant past. Perhaps the time has come to re-visit these fumes. Be that as it may, Norne by Slumberhouse is a brilliant rendition of the coniferous genre … a 'must try' imho!

Update:

Dang and Blast!! Just a few hours in and Norne has me entranced under its intoxicating spell!! At £95 per 30ml my wallet just gave an involuntary groan … but on the upside I'm wearing the contents of what looks like a 1ml sample and filling my car with sillage, so it ought to last a while. One truly just needs a drop … this is definitely produced in true extrait formulation. It looks as if I will have to sample the other fragrant wares from Slumberhouse!!
7.5 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Drseid
Forest Green Lovers Take Note...
Norne is very fine release from Slumberhouse. On me it is all about a deep, dark coniferous forest. It immediately gets down to business with its dark resinous fir, coupled with supporting notes of moss, nutmeg and clove spice. Definitely the resinous fir is the dominant accord to my nose. There really is not much in the way of development, with the scent staying pretty linear. That said, it accomplishes the artistic deep forest vision of the parfumier quite effectively, IMO, and is quite easy to wear. I think that Norne will primarily appeal to folks who enjoy coniferous scents like Polo and others, but want something with a distinctively different take on things that only a house with a personal touch like Slumberhouse can provide effectively.

Norne is created 100% from forest absolutes, so it is quite concentrated and requires only one spray to get the job done for most folks. It goes on almost oil-like with a very dark black color (so be careful with allowing it to dry a bit on your skin before putting on clothing, as stains can and will occur if used carelessly). Projection and longevity are both above average.

I definitely like Norne a lot, and bought a bottle after my positive experience sampling it. It is nice to see a small house offering superior scents with personal attention to creativity, value and customer service. Norne is an excellent release from an even better house, earning 4 stars out of 5.

MrFumejunkie 22 months ago
wearing norne feels like walking through a deep dark forest & being tightly hugged by a grizzly bear with anger management issues. At once.+3
Hermesh 4 years ago

by K1
by Dory
by Dory

Popular Slumberhouse

Norne by Slumberhouse Kiste by Slumberhouse Jeke by Slumberhouse Ore by Slumberhouse Pear + Olive by Slumberhouse Sådanne by Slumberhouse New Sibet by Slumberhouse Sova by Slumberhouse Baque by Slumberhouse Vikt by Slumberhouse Rume by Slumberhouse Grev by Slumberhouse Brosse by Slumberhouse Zahd by Slumberhouse Sixes & Sevens by Slumberhouse Lanz by Slumberhouse Sana by Slumberhouse Eki by Slumberhouse Mare by Slumberhouse Flou by Slumberhouse