Sådanne by Slumberhouse

Sådanne is a popular perfume by Slumberhouse for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is sweet-fruity. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Josh Lobb

Ambergris, Strawberry, Rose

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 03.11.2019

4.0/10

Gourmand
This is home candle worthy, but not a scent for the body in my opinion. I found most of the Slumberhouse scents gourmand, but maybe this one most of all. Good for the kitchen.
7.5 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Cystallized and Strawberried Rose
Not being a big fan of Slumberhouse (the only other perfume I loved was Rume), I was astounded by Sadanne. When I first smelled it, I immediately pictured sheets of transparent strawberry candy. The next impression was of something hot. I am not sure how that effect was achieved but it was wonderful. At the same time, a very realistic wine note makes this a boozy dream with a tiny bit of rose floating in it. This is sour, sweet, hot, candy-like but at the same time, extremely well-blended and animalic. There is a dirtiness at the bottom that makes the super-sweet notes bearable. This is not a teenage perfume. It is most complex and beautiful but what makes it all the more amazing is how the notes have been worked in together to create such harmony.

The sillage and lasting power are amazing (I know, I know: it is an extrait, but not all extraits are created equal). It radiates far and others might think you've been drinking strawberry wine.

Splatter Baroque
A tough one to review. I wore this for one day and made a complete twist about this. From the very first sniff you clearly get some of the “signature” features of Slumberhouse’s scents, mostly the base Lobb seems to use for many fragrances: that sort of dark, medicinal boozy-ambery thickness, here with something animalic... but twisted in a complete different way than usual, pretty upsetting at first – and frankly hard to wear for the first minutes. Basically, Sadanne opens as a rotting lollipop: there’s all this fruity, jammy juiciness halfway raspberry bubblegums and cough syrups for children, juxtaposed to – or drowned in, I’d say – the “industrial Baroque” which characterizes Lobb’s world, the oily, deadly base rot which you get in most of his scents. The juxtaposition is daring and insolent, and quite messy at first: I admit I get a charming feel of creepiness, a sort of psychedelic, playfyl horrific decadence, like watching a Z-series splatter movie directed by John Waters. But at first I can’t really consider this something one would ever want to wear. There’s just... too much of everything – too sweet-juicish on one side, too rotting-dark on the other. Too powerful and cacophonic, which means almost repulsive. Nonetheless... with a little bit of patience, as hours pass Sadanne becomes more and more consistent, wearable, “harmonic” and compelling, reaching a really interesting substance. It still remains a challenging clash between jamminess and gloominess, but all the notes and nuances kind of “melt” tuning on the same tone, reaching some sort of odd balance, like a chorus of freaks finally finding some harmony – a warm, medicinal, colourful shade of madness, completely nondescript, with a range of nuances from carnal to caramel. To me, a really innovative experiment which tries to rewrite the “fruity-jammy gourmand” in a filthy, gloomy light, a dirty “psychocandy” which I can’t not like – even only for the concept. And as I said, after a couple of hours it becomes even quite “easier”to wear, and frankly also rather pleasant and fun, more civilized than the opening phase – basically a sort of boozy-ambery civet topped with a bittersweet, sugary-fruity “dark” syrupy accord (think of Lutens for children). And a subtle powdery-musky undertone. And something smelling like blood. I would talk of... don’t know, “splatter pop Baroque”? Sadanne feels like an olfactive depiction of those tacky teen horror movies of the 1980s’ - Troma and friends. Just even more crazy – darker on one side, more childish on the other. Maybe hard to appreciate in its entirety, but really promising, intriguing, genuinely creative and different from the rest. Completely out of fashion and clichés. As Lobb often reformulates and fixes his scents, I am sure that a couple of fixes may make Sadanne a milestone for contemporary niche.

8,5/10
7.5 10.0 9.0/10

New Love
I adore and own most Slumberhouse fragrances, but find myself rarely wearing them. That just changed. This new one, a blind buy, is a wearable delight. Think the sultry berry of Zahd, its sweetness toned down, add a dusky-musky rose and a metallic note as in Ex-Idolo 33 and Craft. That's Sadanne, to me. The strong top note settles into a sultry and alluring floral. I love it. I'm wearing it. I will many times again. Longevity is about about 6 hours.

by Lasisa
by Lasisa
by Lazolkov
by Lazolkov

Popular Slumberhouse

Norne by Slumberhouse Kiste by Slumberhouse Jeke by Slumberhouse Ore by Slumberhouse Sådanne by Slumberhouse Pear + Olive by Slumberhouse Sova by Slumberhouse New Sibet by Slumberhouse Baque by Slumberhouse Rume by Slumberhouse Vikt by Slumberhouse Grev by Slumberhouse Brosse by Slumberhouse Zahd by Slumberhouse Sixes & Sevens by Slumberhouse Lanz by Slumberhouse Sana by Slumberhouse Eki by Slumberhouse Mare by Slumberhouse Flou by Slumberhouse