Fjerne by Slumberhouse
Fjerne is a new perfume by Slumberhouse for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is woody-resinous. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Josh Lobb

Carob tree
VanillaVanilla
CistusCistus
StyraxStyrax

Submitted by Crysson, last update on 26.09.2021.

Lovely.
This is my first Slumberhouse - first test and first purchase. Happened into my happy place shop while the shipment was being invoiced, planning to purchase one of two other bottles which were both out of stock. An hour later, almost completely noseblind (and having run out of time), I pulled a panic buy. Figured it was meant to be, timing and all, that I try the house and - again, panicked - between Sova, Jeke and Fjerne I went with the light side, having not even a passing clue what I had in the bag. By the time I tried it on I was hot, sweaty and It. Was. DISGUSTING. Sweet, doughy, heavy honeyed, powdery sticky sweat. Eww. Super bummed, totally grossed out, I started thinking of who MIGHT like it for a re-gift. Then I took a shower. Then I smelled it on my shirt from the sweaty day. Then I tried it again. THEN I started to get it, I think. On fresh skin I sprayed 4-5 times, forearms, neck and torso. It started unfurling about me much as a fern frond uncurling in the sunlight. I could smell dew drying. Dry dust puffing up from soft, silent footfalls. Sweet grass drying in the summer heat. I was transported, soothed, comforted. I was small, adventuring on familiar but unknown trails in a light dappled wood on the border of a open field, no dark corners to harbor harm, alone and thoughtlessly unafraid : why would I be. After a time I began to catch notes, light in a bubble. Amber was the sweetness, my sweat had made it heavy but now it is light as spiders web, I see everything else through it. Dust is the powder, and flour, dry and fine. The patchouli peaks around corners where it could easily have stomped through and mangled the scene. The honey smells green now, a clover honey. Now I am the fern and all I smell is sunshine and it is so sad and beautifully ephemeral and such is life. It is what it is. I dig it.

Landshark321
Sweet, resinous, floral, woody, very comforting and mostly agreeable
Slumberhouse Fjerne is a limited-edition release from 2020 that I had to find on the secondary market as I was a little slow to buy it the first time. It’s very interesting and probably more agreeable than most of the relatively daring house offerings, a sweet, resinous, floral, and musky blend that has a bit of a play doh accord that’s specifically reminiscent of the undertones of Tom Ford Lavender Extreme, albeit without the sharp lavender.

The notes are not formally described but my guess would be something along the lines of opoponax, labdanum, sandalwood, tonka, musk, and then perhaps a white floral of some kind. It’s quite comforting, sweet but not saccharine, with powdery and musky touches that nevertheless blend in well, along with sort of play doh accord that I quite enjoy but that I realize may be distracting to some.

It performs well but certainly not as well as most of the darker juices in the line (Norne, Jeke, Ore, Sova, etc.). I believe Fjerne’s retail pricing was around the same as other entries in the line, mostly recently $180 for 30ml and in extrait concentration.

Increasingly it’s the case that ALL Slumberhouse fragrances feel like limited editions in that the demand is high, the batches are relatively small, and the batches take some time to produce, but I do not believe that Fjerne is making a return, so enjoy it if you have it. Otherwise, the brand is sold through its house website as well as great boutiques like Fumerie and Luckyscent.

7 out of 10

AlchemystedAlchemysted 1 year ago
The juice is clear and yet I get a note of cocoa. Ambery and powdery, but intense and fuzzy. Is this pure Ambergris? Mind blown!

by Taskphorce
by Taskphorce
by Alchemysted
by Alchemysted
by Scensodine
by Scensodine

Popular Slumberhouse

Baque by Slumberhouse Norne (2012) by Slumberhouse Kiste by Slumberhouse Ore by Slumberhouse Jeke by Slumberhouse New Sibet by Slumberhouse Sådanne by Slumberhouse Rume by Slumberhouse Brosse by Slumberhouse Pear + Olive by Slumberhouse Sova by Slumberhouse Zahd by Slumberhouse Grev by Slumberhouse Vikt by Slumberhouse Eki by Slumberhouse Mond by Slumberhouse Lanz by Slumberhouse Sixes & Sevens by Slumberhouse Norne (2021) by Slumberhouse Mare by Slumberhouse