Opera

Opera by Sospiro

Opera is a popular perfume by Sospiro for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is floral-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesFruity notes, Turkish rose
Heart Notes Heart NotesYlang-ylang, Nutmeg, Leather, Amber
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Vanilla, Virginia cedar, Haitian vetiver, Musk

Submitted by Lilienfeld, last update on 09.01.2019

10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10
Absolutely overwhelming
....I have to do something good for myself every now and then, and then I go to look for a new scent. As for the great niche fragrances, I discovered them for myself about 2 years ago. I used to think that Douglas' offer was the end of the story. Since then I have the feeling someone would have turned on the light:-))
But now to Opera - already the name makes great expectations, as does the flacon. The comments here have made me so curious that I made a blind purchase, it was a damn good offer, dared.
As always, I could hardly wait until the parcel messenger finally arrived at the door. After that I literally fall over the packages and can't get them up fast enough.
Then finally the first sprayer on the wrist .... I take something herbaceous unsweet was and first disappointed. However, I know that several tests are always necessary for me. So I tried it again after 2 days and I was rewarded.
The scent gets better from time to time, no that's understated, more grandiose. I couldn't list all the things I perceive now, I take the smell was too complex for that.
As for shelf life, I can say it's gigantic for me. I take the scent even after days on my pillow was. I can say the same thing about Sillage. One is clearly perceptible and should dose the fragrance sparingly.
It is absolutely a fragrance for the big performance, but also just for me to enjoy.
8.0 10.0 9.0/10
Stanze
With roses and vanilla at the opera
Soon I'll be singing two arias at a music school festival, one of which is "Se tu m'ami." The text: "Se tu m'ami, se sospiri" for example "If you love me, if you sigh..." occurred to me when I read the description in the comments to this perfume. So I had to try it out and had a bottling done.

According to the official description (at essenza-nobile, the official website mentioned above doesn't work for me) a prince from the south appears in an orchard. (Well, I don't think of princes at all.) Then a businessman overwhelms the princess (aha) with all the stuff from the heart note. (I now have to think spontaneously of Asterix and Cleopatra, where an architect is showered with gold until only the tail of his tail peeps out. Probably the princess doesn't bow and her crown looks out. Anyway, I wouldn't want to be bombarded with leather anyway.) Then there is a wedding and the stuff from the base note is given away. Some beams of cedar wood? (Romance is not my thing..)

How does Opera smell? I tested it on myself and on family tester M, who only rarely allows me to spray him. That means he liked Opera very much on me. The top note handed us both a fruit basket, which we had to pass on to the other opera-goers. Then both of us were enveloped in the scent of roses. But this is where the differences began. In my case, the rose fragrance was immediately underlaid with ylang-ylang and leather. M, on the other hand, smelled clean of roses and vanilla. The vanilla remained with me in the background, but then the Vetiver really cut quite pure. At M the vetiver appeared later and didn't seem so dark, it was kept in check more by musk.
To Summarize: I quickly have a very opulent - I would have said almost pompous - smell, which may seem noble, but which you can only wear in opera, or even better, if you perform yourself. I can't really love it. Too noble for my everyday life. With M, however, a fragrance suitable for everyday use, clean and deep at the same time for the special man. You can even sigh.

Projection is rather strong, therefore not suitable for work. But not dangerous when used sparingly. The durability is good, sufficient also for the ring of the Nibelungen.

The price is not exactly low and therefore my small bottling, which I will only bring out for special occasions, is enough for me personally. Unless I spray M with it. You'll see.
8.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10
Opera addiction
The Scala from Milano in a bottle.I really have no intention to put this perfume in top 10 of all out there,but it certainly deserves a good place.Been testing a whole bunch of fruity floral scents and have bought my fair share of good and not so good fragrances,but I tell ya folks,Opera is an amazing perfume.The fruits and flowers linked by the one and only ambergris,and that touch of musk and leather makes Opera an unisex scent,even though i just can't see it on a man.It also comes with the Sospiro territory of huge sillage and great longevity.Superb!

by Nikolina
by Nikolina
by Alexis66
by Alexis66

Popular Sospiro

Opera by Sospiro Erba Pura by Sospiro Capriccio by Sospiro Wardasina / Rosso Afgano by Sospiro Laylati / Afgano Puro by Sospiro Melodia by Sospiro Accento by Sospiro Duetto by Sospiro Misterioso by Sospiro Ouverture by Sospiro Andante by Sospiro Vivace by Sospiro Classica by Sospiro Diapason by Sospiro Adagio by Sospiro Verde Accento by Sospiro Ensemble by Sospiro Muse by Sospiro Grazioso by Sospiro Soprano by Sospiro