Speick Natural Eau de Cologne

Speick Natural Eau de Cologne by Speick / Walter Rau
Speick Natural Eau de Cologne is a perfume by Speick / Walter Rau for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is citrusy-green. It is still in production.

Bergamot, Orange, Lavender, Celtic spikenard

Submitted by TVC15, last update on 26.08.2020.

Joy that lasts
I like old scents, niches and underdogs. Therefore I blindly bought Speick for testing, and I must say: I am positively surprised!
This fragrance has potential. The prelude is quite explosive: fresh, tart and citric. After the drydown, however, this striking first impression quickly fades. What I find exciting is above all what is left behind: These are quite pleasant, discreet, elegant nuances, which are still clearly perceptible after 4-5 hours. Whether the Sillage has to be stronger, I am not able to say at the moment. I think I will test the fragrance for a few more weeks before I make a final judgement. Until then I will add my experiences to this comment - Oh yes - He is definitely also a compliment getter - At least I have already received a compliment from a lady.
2.5

Apicius
Same Smell For Soap And Perfume?
The brand Speick is first known for its soap, and secondly, for its shower gel - and I buy both. The slightly herbal spikenard appeal make these products something special. It is more comfortable to use since you do not leave the shower smelly with all kinds of sticky synthetic musks. I gladly pay a bit more: Speick is neutral enough not to interfere with any perfume I might like to wear later on.

Spikenard is a herb which is traditionally found in alpine regions. I am not sure if it is a legend but somewhere I read more or less the whole production of spikenard goes to the Speick manufacturer. Presumably, the Speick products are too widespread for the fragrance to be natural spikenard only. However, the quality is higher than average, to say the least.

The Speick Eau de Cologne is a side product, and obviously something the hardcore fans will buy. It is not expensive which makes it fit well into the product line. The opening is a very strong lemon note, something we do not have in the soap and the gel. It reminds me a bit of sour lemon drops. Fortunately, the strong citrus note does not sustain, and slowly, the appreciated herbal note creeps in. I have never seen Celtic spikenard except on photos, so I do not know what kind of taste or smell this plant has. It is one of those cases where the industry determines our concept of a smell. Anyway, this note is fine, it has some resemblance to the smell of clary sage. Also, I detect a kind of medical appeal which makes it very interesting. With the transition from the citruses to the herbal notes, there is a kind of sugar and powder note coming up, just like he taste of sugar fondant. I am not sure if I like that, it makes this Eau de Cologne a bit sweetish, and I also cannot find that in the soap. This Eau de Cologne must be considered unisex as they have an extra gents' cologne.

The Speick Eau de Cologne is nothing refined, which is acceptable considering the price. Whereas Speick are top of the top with soap and shower gel, they are not with their cologne. It lacks the main quality of the other Speick products – the discreetness. So, what works out fine in soaps may not automatically work out in perfume. It would not have been a big loss if Speick had refrained from releasing a spikenard cologne. I recommend you try the soap instead!

Speick natural EdC 100ml (2007)
by Powershot

Popular Speick / Walter Rau

Speick Men (After Shave Lotion) by Speick / Walter Rau Speick Men (Eau de Toilette) by Speick / Walter Rau Speick Men Active After Shave Lotion by Speick / Walter Rau