L.I.L.Y. by Stella McCartney
L.I.L.Y. is a perfume by Stella McCartney for women and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-fresh. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesTruffleTruffle
Heart Notes Heart NotesLily of the valleyLily of the valley
Base Notes Base NotesOakmossOakmoss

Submitted by Lilau, last update on 10.03.2021.

Granny Panties
LILY is a grandma with a crooked wig and thick knee highs who leaves lipstick on your cheeks and forgets to wear her bra. She calls men, "Sonny," and won't let them leave, pushing brisket and leaky carrots on them, hoping they'll stick around. They won't.

Just, no.

L.I.L.Y
I absolutely loved the original Stella as one of the dreamiest rose scents I have tried, and as i love the scent of lily, I was ready to embrace this.
This review is after I sprayed perfume onto a cardboard strip.

I liked it when first sprayed. Sweet, high, sharp. It is said to be a chypre. I am not a fan of that genre.

3 hours later and I remember to smell it, it smells very powdery and, lightly, and surprisingly but unmistakeably, of urine, or chlorine, and strongly of baby talcum powder. A baby's nappy bag after half an hour. Oh dear. I have seen it described as metallic, salty water and alcoholic and that must be in this phase. My mother refuses to bring in her flag iris - although beautiful, she says the flowers smell like cat's pee after a day.
Later, the talc completely takes over and smells like a bright, high pitched baby powder, sweet, like lilac or jacarandah (Brazilian rosewood). Fades out on the high powdery lilac-sweet end of the spectrum.

I've never smelt truffle so can't comment. The scent is still strong on the card 15 hours later. It's a cool scent.

This must be lily of the valley which I don't love, and not lily which I adore.

The bottle is fascinatingly and fabulously faceted in an art deco style. Over the top but minimalist.
2.5

Very light, slightly green Lily of the Valley
Does the acronym L.I.L.Y., which is the name of Stella McCartney's new fragrance, actually mean anything? Or is this just another lame effort at coolness to mask yet another boring launch?

Having now smelled L.I.L.Y., I'm guessing the latter. It probably means nothing, as this is a light, watery, slightly green and totally forgettable lily of the valley soliflore which can be had from cheap-o soliflore fragrance houses for very little money. This does not smell bad, mind you, but it does not stand out at all from the crowd.

I am reminded a bit of Cartier BAISER VOLE, although I'm working from memory. I'll report back after retesting the Cartier. It's true that lily of the valley and lily are entirely different flowers, but both of these fragrances are more watery and green than floral, at least to my nose, and both feature "abstract", not natural flowers.

Basically, this is a yawn, and a short-lived one at that. Oh well, who wants a yawn with nuclear longevity?

-------------------
update: I stand corrected! L.I.L.Y. stands for "Linda I love you," and this fragrance was inspired by Stella's memories of "the estate" where she grew up. Oh brother.

by PennyT
by PennyT
by Liebmausdana
by Liebmausdana
by Schnuffi
by Schnuffi

Popular by Stella McCartney

Stella (Eau de Parfum) by Stella McCartney Stella Nude by Stella McCartney Stella Rose Absolute by Stella McCartney Stella Peony / Stella In Two - Peony by Stella McCartney Stella (Eau de Toilette) by Stella McCartney Sheer Stella by Stella McCartney Pop by Stella McCartney Stella In Two - Amber by Stella McCartney L.I.L.Y. Absolute by Stella McCartney Pop Bluebell by Stella McCartney Stella Summer by Stella McCartney Sheer Stella (2007) by Stella McCartney Sheer Stella (2009) by Stella McCartney Stella Summer Rose by Stella McCartney Sheer Stella (2010) by Stella McCartney Sheer Stella (2011) by Stella McCartney Sheer Stella (2008) by Stella McCartney Sheer Stella (2006) by Stella McCartney Stella (Solid Perfume) by Stella McCartney Stella Velvet Edition by Stella McCartney