Stella 2003 Eau de Parfum

Stella (Eau de Parfum) by Stella McCartney
Stella (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Stella McCartney for women and was released in 2003. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orangeMandarin orange
PeonyPeony
RoseRose
Heart Notes Heart NotesRoseRose
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 22.11.2021.

My original
At the ripe old age of 21 I decided that, as an adult, I could justify spending a little money on a bottle of “real” fragrance and leave behind all those gifted body splashes. Stella is the fragrance I came home with. It’s a sophisticated and grounded floral that’s given some extremely well blended sharpness by the mandarin, and some heft from the amber. Peony adds a twirling descant around the rose heart that adds dimension. While lately I’ve started to explore the niche houses that carry a heftier price tag, I’m not sure I can truly dethrone Stella, even as I find new favorites. It’s aged remarkably well and I’m sort of shocked that it still feels appropriate on me 17 years later. I may not wear it every day anymore, but Stella is my still-relevant first love.

Distant violet starlight of Stella
It is definitely one of my top liked perfumes. I think it is no longer current and became underrated. It’s still very now and is an incredibly gorgeous perfume. It manages to be both everyday and seductive night time scent somehow at the same time. It opens up with a light mandarin note and shifts into gentle dark rose. The dry down somehow smells very soapy on my skin, but more like a very upscale expensive soap. I cannot say it projects loudly at all. But I think people notice as you smell seductive and at the same time a little distant. Who is this dark mysterious sexy stranger? It lingers as you pass by. When I smell it I get a wistful feeling you get at sunsets when you’re alone with nothing to entertain you but passing light. The darkness lingers and you feel like you’re on the cusp of meeting someone. Will you be star crossed lovers? The bottle that I have in 30 ml is shaped like a violet purple gem. It’s a perfume that is deeply emotional and magical, and perhaps more for a mysterious dark romantic with a gothic touch. What will your journey be wearing it? Where will it take you? You only will know.

M.V.P.
I really love this rose! It's not a stuffy in-your-face rose (like Ombre Rose), but it's got a little zest, for lack of a more descriptive word. It's salty, yet clean; fresh, yet a bit sultry. It goes with anything. Good for day, night, fancy, casual.

Cloying and tangy
This one keeps reminding me of Juilette Has a Gun Miss Charming (I was relieved to see I'm not the only one). It's not a dead ringer for Miss Charming, but without putting them side by side I'd have a hard time telling which one a person is wearing. The Rose was a bit richer and deeper in Miss Charming (before the Litchee explosion that tried to suffocate me).

The Mandarin and peony blend together to have a very litchee like sharp, almost sweet, tanginess. It overshadows the rose and is cloying on me. The scent is pretty linear on me as well with the litchee-like tangy scent playing in front of a soft rose that never quite gets confident enough to come fully into the light or develop any real depth. I really can't seem to get to the amber.

This one, like Miss Charming, has great longevity and okay sillage. It's just definitely not for me.

Jan
2014

Popular w/ Customers
Love the Rose opening, but the middle notes bring out the peony... ick!
They try to dance, but the peony overpowers the rose in the middle.

Dark rose
I decided to try Stella when I read many reviews which claimed that this fragrance was a new classic in the making. Stella is not your typical sweet and flowery rose fragrance, it is much darker and more woodsy. It's actually not a sweet fragrance at all.

Stella overall, (including the dark purple bottle), reminds me of something from a gothic or medieval age. Due to my personal tastes I didn't fall in love with Stella, but I can see why some people adore it. Perhaps when I'm older I will retry this fragrance and like it a lot better, as I see this fragrance appealing to much more mature, sophisticated women.

ScentwitchScentwitch 9 months ago
Light, fragrant roses and amber are inviting; good enough to sleep in! One of my favorites.
ScentilityScentility 12 months ago
Definitely a classic in my view. It is a melancholy gentle peony rose in a gorgeous purple gothic vase. Subtly seductive and sexy.

by Nanina
by Echtdufte
by Maris
by Maris

Popular Stella McCartney

Stella Rose Absolute by Stella McCartney Stella Nude by Stella McCartney Stella Peony / Stella In Two - Peony by Stella McCartney Stella (Eau de Toilette) by Stella McCartney Sheer Stella by Stella McCartney Pop by Stella McCartney L.I.L.Y. by Stella McCartney Stella In Two - Amber by Stella McCartney L.I.L.Y. Absolute by Stella McCartney Stella Summer by Stella McCartney Pop Bluebell by Stella McCartney Sheer Stella (2007) by Stella McCartney Sheer Stella (2009) by Stella McCartney Stella Summer Rose by Stella McCartney Sheer Stella (2010) by Stella McCartney Sheer Stella (2011) by Stella McCartney Sheer Stella (2008) by Stella McCartney Sheer Stella (2006) by Stella McCartney Stella (Solid Perfume) by Stella McCartney Stella Velvet Edition by Stella McCartney