Ambre Sublime 2010

Ambre Sublime by Stendhal
Top 86 in Women's Perfume
Ambre Sublime is a popular perfume by Stendhal for women and was released in 2010. The scent is oriental-sweet. It is still in production.

Apple, Benzoin, Bergamot, Cardamom, Cashmere wood, Musk, Neroli, Patchouli, Rose, Sandalwood, Tolu balm, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Ylang-ylang, Cinnamon, Cistus

Submitted by Lav, last update on 26.11.2020.

Serenissima
"Throw gold and silver on me!
The night has again left a cleverly folded work of art in my face:
Oh, she could occupy her little finger in a different way than with this kind of "Origami" Even as the coffee water starts to boil (yes, I still make my coffee the old-fashioned way with the kettle - its taste is worth it!), I look for a suitable scent for this morning.
Because one thing became clear to me immediately after waking up: a merciful veil must be put between me and the mirror as a matter of urgency!

So I reached for "Ambre Sublime", a generous bottling of Stendhals fragrance.
Here I find the wonder tree, which I ask: "Little tree shake and shake you! Throw gold and silver on me!" As a polite person, I add a "request"; after all, that's how much time there must be!
I am immediately enveloped in a delicately scented gold film: it feels so enchanting that I decide to face this day after all (although still a little defiant!).

The aromatic apple, kissed by the sun and therefore so strong in its own fragrance, reveals itself only for a moment alone. Because almost immediately vanilla and cinnamon come and invite him to become a baked apple together with them: cosy warmth is created. How nice! Br /> Bergamot stops by, brings cardamom; they additionally perfume this baked apple scent.
Emotionally dosed rose scent - someone had a fine hand here! - smiles Princess Neroli, the well-known soul flatterer, in a friendly manner. The two get along wonderfully and are noticeably happy when finally Ylang-Ylang provides a magical triad of flowers.
Soft and balsamic, this flow of fragrance continues to evolve; reminiscent of fine soap in whose lather I want to immerse myself, because in it lies a secret that will never be solved.
(It does not have to be: secrets are so important for life! Not everything has to be frayed ;-)
So much harmonic whispering and smiling is too much for the always a little stubborn cistus; impatiently she stutters a little with her prickly spice, but cannot disturb the previous grace of "Ambre Sublime".
So she turns to her buddy Benzoin, seeking help from the spice: "Yes, when resin turns into resin!
Sandalwood and patchouli finally appear together: warm, sensual, fragrant.
Her rich dark brown harmonizes well with the fine gold composition; a little bit more powerful, more stable this beauty becomes now.
This is also necessary: because vanilla appears again, this time quite powerful. She's not coming alone! No, musk and tonka bean accompany: erotic warmth and sweetness are spreading, but they reach their limits with the fragrance alliance that sandalwood and patchouli have since closed After a short scent slaughter, each of the probably very vain scents has found its place in "Ambre Sublime".
An elegant, physically rich beauty radiates and generously spreads her charm; she immediately moves into a loving embrace!
A hug, which is so very welcome to me today (oops! it's raining in the meantime).
I give myself completely to her and dream myself away from this dwelling, from this city, so tenderly and cuddly embraced
The fragrant dream lasts for a few hours; every now and then I meet a few bites of aromatic baked apple, the scents of the blossoms dance a harmonious round dance around me and the balsamic, sensual "golden robe" that the little wonder tree gave me here and in which I gratefully slip into remains with me as a well-cut and fitting cover.

"Ambre Sublime" presents itself to me as a modern oriental: not quite as plush, as dusty (Iris was not invited this time), as breathtaking as many others in this fragrance family.
"Ambre Sublime" is an elegant woman, who rests in herself and thus likes to share her charm and her so natural elegance with another woman!
The rich glow of this work of art likes to reveal this fairy tale fragrance and invites you in a friendly way:
"Sit with me on one of these soft pillows and follow the story I'm going to tell you!"
Jas0N
For the woman of the world
I don't think much of the clichés that today's perfume advertisements convey. The Beachboy, who 10 women are praying to and almost fainting and so on and so forth...

I've worn the scent myself a few times now. A big thanks to EveMist for the sample.
Two things have become clear to me:
1. The woman wears the scent of the world, emancipated, knows exactly what she wants. Professional and private.
2. I like a man's tart scent, but I like to wear it too. None for the collection, but one for in-between.
The composition and filtering of the individual scents is really difficult. Sweet, but definitely pleasant. Vanilla, a fine veil that surrounds you warmly. I also smell apple somewhere, but I can't exactly place where and when the exact performance. Ambre is not to be found in the smell description, is as I find however clearly to smell. Good durability and to smell again and again. In one's own perception as well as in the perception of others.

You won't find the scent at clubbing. The wearer enjoys a Bordeaux in a place where she has peace. The last rays of sunlight fall on her face and she just relaxes. Let the exhausting week pass in review and simply enjoy the free time. The wearer has achieved everything. A leading entrepreneur, a great man, a healthy self-confidence.
She has achieved everything in life and the scent underlines this kind of personality.
A fragrance that goes down in the amount of all the sweet overkill synthetic fragrances, but that's what makes it so special. A rare scent with recognition. Just like that kind of woman. Rarely, with character.

I said I don't like clichés, but this doesn't reflect a cliché, it reflects an archetype. Someone who knows he's got something doesn't have to show it. He just radiates it!
A fragrance for The Woman of the World!
Emancipated, educated, self-confident

Amber Empire
Stendhal is more famous for their cosmetics than they are for their fragances. Indeed i had never experienced any interest motu proprio to sample any of their perfumes being them in the same counter than Balmain and Annick Goutal (and Jesus del Pozo) in my local perfume shop. Lets face it: Stendhal´s marketing and packaging are dated and unappealing. But so is Ormonde Jayne´s, so i lost my Stendhal´s virginity in the hands of a very helpful shop assistant, who insisted to show me Ambre Sublime after i asked about the price of Ambre Gris.

Well, Ambre Gris and Ambre Sublime are very different takes on amber. The first is a light (but persistent)slightly odd, sweet/salty, aquaeous, clean-skin scent. The second is a way stronger, sweet, smoked resin scent.

The truth is that Ambre Sublime recalls a Serge Lutens creation, Ambre Sultan, of course, but also the extravagant Serge Noire. I should test SN again to check up to what extent, but it was an immediate association.

Ambre Sublime starts as a very powerful amber scent plus a healthy dose of sweet spices, specially cinnamon and a touch of vanilla; this will make some to see this as a gourmand ( i don´t find this fragance edible at all, personally) There is a terribly classic feeling about this scent´s opening: the ylang, the almost chypre flowers... on paper i noticed some aromatic aspects i dont notice on my skin. The "cashmeran woods" are rather noticeable, i smell the type of cedar you would expect in a Lutens; and what really makes this amber intriguing are both the smokedness and the not-so-pretty nuances of raw resins.

The balance achieved between the sweetness and then the addictive un-concealed resinous rubber aftertaste is masterful. And i praise the burnt/smoked touch. I can see the boldness and the sexyness in this otherwise old school Amber. I wonder who is the perfumer.

The intensity of the opening sets into a more powdery scent. I smell something almond-y, or better, like play-doh, probably from the interaction of ylang with other ingredients, that is what really hooks me up. Apple adds some freshness, completely natural and unsweetened (all the sweetness comes from the benzoin, the cinnamon and the vanilla) Amber´s balmy, silky character is explored in full intensity.

Ambre Sublime is a pretty linear fragance with a remarkable sillage and lasting power. The overall effect is a very high quality fragance, rich, with some eccentric touches, always inside of the realm of elegance.

Wüstenschiff
by Nyze29
by Nyze29

Popular Stendhal

Elixir Blanc by Stendhal Noir Divin by Stendhal Elixir Noir by Stendhal Symbiose (Eau de Toilette) by Stendhal Rouge Divin by Stendhal