Mortal Skin by Stéphane Humbert Lucas
Where to buy
Mortal Skin (Stéphane Humbert Lucas)
Where to buy

Search on

More
8.1 / 10     196 RatingsRatingsRatings
Mortal Skin is a popular perfume by Stéphane Humbert Lucas for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is spicy-woody. It is still in production.

Search on

More

Fragrance Notes

Top Notes Top NotesBlackberry, Ink, Galbanum, Frankincense, Cistus
Heart Notes Heart NotesLeather, Opoponax, Iris powder, Saffron, Davana, Myrrh, Cardamom
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Styrax, Sandalwood, Labdanum, Civet, Atlas cedar, Birch, Musk

Ratings

Scent

8.1 (196 Ratings)

Longevity

7.4 (169 Ratings)

Sillage

6.7 (174 Ratings)

Bottle

8.9 (168 Ratings)
Submitted by Hermesh, last update on 13.02.2019
  • RateRate
  • CollectionCollection
  • SoukSouk
  • ClassifyClassify
  • NotesNotes

Reviews

Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
Translated automatically Show originalShow translation
Greatly helpful Review    24
The little fear
"Mortal Skin" was on my watch list from the beginning.
I found the name incredibly fascinating.
How do you think the scent of mortal skin, i.e. that of every human being and perhaps also that of every animal, is converted into bottles?
Can this succeed?

I don't know the answer even after repeated tests yet, but yes, "Mortal Skin" reminds me of certain situations of being alive.

First of all the summers of my last school years.
As soon as school was over, I dashed home, grabbed my swimsuits and cycled to the outdoor pool.
I stayed there until I was totally exhausted from swimming and the blazing sun and drove through the dry fields on the dusty way back home.
There I rested briefly, then I had dinner and sometime I sat down to my homework. I abhorred them, like probably everyone who ever went to school, but I loved to write with the fountain pen and colourful ink, which is still the case today.
The fact that I already smoked makes the overall picture of Mortal Skin almost complete: It smells of hot, sunburned, dusty skin, of cooling sweat and of cigarette fingers that have touched the fountain pen too far down and are now smeared with ink.

That smells somehow strange, but I still like it really well.

Well...I said the overall picture was almost complete...because now comes the big but.

In the background of this fragrance is something that gives me goose bumps.

A shadow before the bright summer sun.
Something lurking beneath you in the water.
Someone who secretly follows you on a dirt road.
Eyes that watch you rest.
A strange feeling when crossing the inadequately illuminated alleyway.
Sudden steps behind you that make your pulse shoot up.
Someone with whom you have just enjoyed yourself deliciously and who looks at you all at once with a look that makes you all cold, who extinguishes the lights on this so far shining evening and makes it dark.

Fascinatingly beautiful and frightening "Mortal Skin" is unbearable for me.

10 Replies
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 9.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Naked in Space
A 2015. év egyik legkülönlegesebb hipnotikus művészi alkotása, nem egy hétköznapi viselet… egy brutális, de mennyei utazás kezdete…
Meztelenül állunk egy kristálytiszta térben, az abszolút sötétségben, bőrünkön érezzük a világegyetem, az örök éjszaka lüktetését, a távolban égő haldokló csillagködök lassú hullámzását, melyek csak az ionizált anyaguk miatt világítanak. A halandó bőr és egy összeomló távoli csillag feszültséggel teli illata…
Az utazás mesésen indul, fekete tinta füstös tömjénnel párosul, egyesülésüket a kardamom is támogatja, mindehhez a gyanták kellő meleget kölcsönöznek az írisz fagyosságával szemben. Finom füst lebeg mindenfelé, olyan érzésünk támad, hogy mindez az élet törékenységéről szól, melyet körülvesz a nyírfából, szantálfából és cédrusból készült erős keret.
Mindehhez nagy koncentrációban csatlakozik a parfüm tökéletes egyediségét biztosító, pézsmába és forró tintába mártott szeder igen különös illata. A háttérben egy száraz, illuzórikus zúgó erdőt hallunk, amely tényleg csak egy káprázat, hiszen valójában az erdő egy sima üvegre festett kép csupán.
Ez nem az a fajta parfüm, amelyet egyszerűen csak viselünk, ez olyan, amit akkor kívánunk meg, amikor olyan emberrel találkozunk, akivel érdemes együtt lenni, és amikor felnézünk az égre, tudjuk, hogy nem vagyunk egyedül.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
3
Venom
First I'm gonna say that I've never tried anything so dense, thick as this. This one is so inky, so mysterious with it's pretty complex composition. On my skin this one has several well played stages from pure balsamic from to incensy-fruity-spicy one to something woody but complex woody if I can call it that way? And all of it blends almost perfectly, like the most perfect orchestra.
It is really hard to explain the smell of this perfume and all I can say is that Mortal Skin has something so alluring and sinister in it, powerful too. Reminds me on thick black compound with it's own intelligence, reminds me of Venom!
On my skin this performs pretty well but not as well as I've thought it will based on all those "heavy" notes listed. It projects reasonably good for 2-3 hours and longevity is above 7h mark which is totally fine with me. The bottle and whole presentation is a class of itself and every detail is well thought and crafted. This is pure niche product and I cannot see mass appeal for this one but that's the way it should be.

Excellent work portraying the smell of Venom Mr. Stéphane Humbert Lucas.
3 Replies
Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 4.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 6.5/10
1
Berry oud and balmy myrrh
Mortal Skin is quite an abstract perfume on my skin. The notes blend and percolate through each other, that the smell as a whole, feels like an object exhibiting inflections of different notes. The evolution also takes place in a incremental manner, although three different phases can be distinguished on my skin.

The first 30 minutes of Mortal Skin is a chewy, almost chalk-like musk to my nose, with abstract berry sweetness and clean "ozonic" feeling lifting the fragrance up without actually smelling like marine or ozonic elements, which is probably the "ink" referred to in the note list.

The woody elements then become stronger with time, as well as the berry sweetness turns more sugary in parallel. There is also an almost oily creamy resin undertone and a saffron-like bitter fruitiness. The combined effect of musky, resinous and slightly inky wood and sweet berries, actually strongly reminds me of the synthetic oud dry down in certain western brands.

Like many western "oud" fragrances, Mortal Skin turns drier towards the dry down, but thankfully not as harsh as a few overdosed by woody amber aromachemicals. A simultaneously balmy, date-like and cool, mineral myrrh also comes to rescue, which makes a sweet balsamic berry skin scent with an interesting bitter twang.

Mortal Skin stays mostly close to skin and lasts about at least 9 hours.

I find it interesting that Mortal Skin is not as heavy as the note list suggests, which allows me to enjoy the fragrance even though I'm not so keen on occidental "oud" and sweet berry in general. But it also leaves me somewhat underwhelmed by this overall nebulous trail, especially at this price. If you happen to be looking for a soft, sweet "oud" and myrrh fragrance and has less limit on budget, Mortal Skin might be a contender, but I would otherwise hesitate to recommend it due to its price and accessibility.
Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 6.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
Very helpful Review    6
The Stalker
Every week you come to this old, refined and fine restaurant. Always at the same time.
Alone. Do you think this is not quite true? I can see you, I know all about you
I've been watching you for a long time, and you have not even noticed it. Or is it?
How good you look again. The black dress with leather gloves, too free.
You always come for a glass of noble red wine and for your hot-beloved dessert.
Flambéed blackberries, were they, did not they? A bite, a sip in the order.
And always this scribbling at the table with your beautiful filler, which you got from your father. I could read the engraving when I visited you at home. You should be more careful. You can open your door easily. You were unfortunately not there. But still the letters that smelled of ink. And you still write this man. I've read it all, all! You never send her off, that's better, he did not deserve you. But I, and I'll get you. Certainly!

When I lay alone on your bed and all the letters around me, which had already smelled spicy and woody after old paper, I lit the candles which are on your bedside. They enveloped your room in a waxy soft light. Oh God! How beautifully your sheet smelt.
I even had to take off my mask. You should not see her, she'd just scare you. The black thing. This smell on your pillow. So only you can smell.
After powder and spicy-herbs skin. Oh, your beautiful and delicate skin. I'll touch them soon, very soon! In a few minutes you will leave the restaurant. And you will cry again, as always. It has what animal your sadness, but you are not alone my beautiful treasure.
I'm always with you, never forget my love. I would find you everywhere. Your smell will always betray you, the smell of your skin.

Conclusion
Mortal Skin is a film, a gloomy-erotic film about fantasy and reality.
A scent of drama and eroticism that is difficult to fathom. Mysterious and obscure.
A shadow of the one follows and which is never quite there, but also never completely away.
Smoky, sensual and mysteriously attractive.
Shelf life: 8 to 10 hours.
Sillage: Creeping would be best.
Sex: unisex. Victims or perpetrators, this is the question again.

A scent of even a little worried me.
1 Replies

Statements

Can777 19 months ago
A fragrance for a film noir. Fruity-gloomy-dusty-spicy-lascivious-erotic and captivating. He has something disturbing in the positive sense.+5
Bottle 9.0
Sillage 6.0
Longevity 8.0
Scent 9.0
Hermesh 3 years ago
Dusty-powdery and dry, slightly balsamic wood. Fruity and berry touch gives volume without any sweetness. Eccentric & interesting!+2
Bottle 7.5
Sillage 7.5
Longevity 7.5
Scent 8.0

Perfume Classification by the Community


Photos by the Community

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
by EauMySoul
by EauMySoul
by Anarlan
by Anarlan
by BlueValkyrie
by BlueValkyrie
der Edelstein im Edelstein ......
by IrisNobile
Like a psycho-thriller..
by ChatonNoir
by Mokka
by Mokka
by IrisNobile
by IrisNobile
by ChatonNoir
by ChatonNoir
by IrisNobile
by IrisNobile
by Angua
by Angua
by BlueValkyrie
by BlueValkyrie
by Taskphorce
by Taskphorce
by Mokka
by Mokka
by Mokka
by Mokka
by Angua
by Angua
by Lilienfeld
by Lilienfeld
by Lilienfeld
by Lilienfeld
by Lilienfeld
by Lilienfeld
by Mokka
by Mokka
by Lilienfeld
by Lilienfeld
by ChatonNoir
by ChatonNoir
by EauMySoul
by EauMySoul
by Vanita
by Vanita
by Lilienfeld
by Lilienfeld
by Irmela1705
by Irmela1705
by Ergreifend
by Ergreifend
by Ergreifend
by Ergreifend
by Berna25
by Berna25
by Achilles
by Achilles
by Achilles
by Achilles
by Lilienfeld
by Lilienfeld
by Lilienfeld
by Lilienfeld
by Berna25
by Berna25
by Irmela1705
by Irmela1705
by Achilles
by Achilles
by Hitman
by Hitman
by DuftePerla
by DuftePerla
by Berna25
by Berna25
by Fedaie
by Fedaie
by Hitman
by Hitman
by Hitman
by Hitman
by DuftePerla
by DuftePerla
by DuftePerla
by DuftePerla