Soleil de Jeddah 2013

Soleil de Jeddah by Stéphane Humbert Lucas
Soleil de Jeddah is a popular perfume by Stéphane Humbert Lucas for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is oriental-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesRoman chamomileRoman chamomile OsmanthusOsmanthus LemonLemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmberAmber Earthy notesEarthy notes Orris rootOrris root
Base Notes Base NotesOrris butterOrris butter Russian leatherRussian leather Bourbon vanillaBourbon vanilla

Submitted by Avelus, last update on 02.08.2022.

2 in-depth fragrance descriptions

IonutFeidi
A sweet but dirty flower
Let me begin with saying that this is the first fragrance I encountered that features camomile. The camomile in here is very realistic, but more like you would pluck it out of the ground with a lot of earth on it, you smash that gentle camomile flower in your earth dirty hand and smell it. Off putting? Maybe, if you like your fragrance to be simple and not challenging at all. In my opinion it's amazing. Reminds me of my childhood. In the dry down the vanilla and leather become more and more prominent and you are left with a lovely concoction that is classy and sexy at the same time. Totally unisex. Longevity and silage on the skin above avarage, 10+hours.
Oriental soap spicy sweet
Hello everyone,
wanted to start the day with a new sample and dug out a bottling from a dear niche perfume house. Hand labeled. (I'm into son shit'... ?) sprayed on left and right neck, one on cleavage. What can I say, he stayed with me the whole working day. 8 hours of sweaty work and afterwards I sprayed again, just because I wanted him back, strong and the full blast. How I missed him when he got quieter and quieter.... Something so special and beautiful, really successful :) yes I will save on it, it shall be my summer scent for the future. This juicy delicious lemon, with chamomile and osmanthus just beguiling ...chamomile makes it warmer, osmanthus adds the spice, together with the lemon sweet and spicy deliver a fierce battle. I perceive this scent as dry and very aromatic later on, which I like a lot, the earthy notes maybe ?..with iris and the amber?..it actually grounds me, makes me feel far away from everything, I love its delicious spicy soapiness, yes you could really say that, imagine a delicious smelling oriental soap. A masterpiece. And my future summer all rounder
Kiss my hand, ma'am
Fruity-ambery-spicy, gently wild-leathery, with some balsam and much vanilla. Very sweet! Normally I run away from sweet-fruity, but this one quite elegantly keeps a balance somewhere between heavy and light. It's hard to tell if it's for 17 year olds or 70 year olds. After a while, the scent loses a bit of its jammy charmer vibe and becomes a bit warmer. - I can't imagine liking this perfume on anyone in the morning (too heavy-sweet) or evening (too little mystery). It's the first scent I would classify as a pure afternoon scent, best suited at a coffee gathering or an outdoor standing reception.

Chamomile Oud
Chamomile is a quite rare guest in perfumery compositions. This fragrance is one of those unique creations, where a bitter chamomile is so large, that you can smell it there, almost during all the phases of its development.

Soleil de Jeddah combines this rare plant with raw oud, dense amber and rubbed-till-the-dust roots, which with time transforms into a delicate scent of leather, or even suede, with noble wood and dry steppe herbs nuances. It is very beautiful and lasts forever. For me Soleil de Jeddah is like an aromatherapy - I can just inhale it from the bottle and be happy. :)
Salva
On the shores of the Red Sea...
Stéphane Humbert Lucas, a French painter, poet and perfumer, is considered an admirer of the Orient's and his enthusiasm for everything Oriental he tries to celebrate in his own way in his fragrances.

In his Collection 777, the flacons symbolize the aesthetics of oriental sacred buildings. The number 7 is said to promise luck, spirituality and protection and is featured in triplicate on many of the flacons. The dome-shaped and pointed caps are designed in an extremely fine honeycomb structure, which is intended to represent, among other things, the magnificent sparkle typical in the Orient of many buildings.

The naming of the fragrance is due to the city of Jeddah (gladly also Jeddah), located on the shore of the Red Sea in the province of Mecca. It is considered the most important port city of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia's and is located in the west of the country.
His inspiration for this fragrance got S.H. Lucas probably from the blazing midday sun of the city.
[...]

With the Soleil de Jeddah one has to do with a basically fresh-spicy oriental.

Right at the beginning, it opens with a very aromatic freshness, which is however enveloped by slightly herbaceous-spicy chords. In the head, chamomile is given as a note and exactly this also determines the tone here. As a tea lover, the beginning is of course a treat for me as the scent immediately gives me an incredibly comforting feeling. In addition, the top note is provided with a touch of citrus accord, which ensures that it is not too herbaceous-spicy at the beginning.

As it progresses, a very minimal sweet note joins in, giving the fragrance its first unisex character. I attribute this to the dear iris, which can often provide a feminine impact in fragrances as is well known. Because at the beginning I could imagine that he can act on many ladies too masculine.

Towards the base, however, the herbaceous-spicy notes have long left the stage and hand over to a sensual vanilla note the main role. But this vanilla is not at all as dense and voluminous as you might know it from other vanilla-heavy perfumes. Still floats namely a slight breeze of freshness with, which is just responsible for this very friendly and pleasant basic character, which radiates the fragrance in my eyes.
[...]

The durability is on my skin with about 7h to be considered very good as I find. I perceive in the first 3h a larger cloud of fragrance, which then withdraws somewhat and is still close to the skin to perceive.

Due to its composition, I find you can wear the Soleil de Jeddah without further ado throughout the year as well as for any occasion. If I had to commit to one or more seasons, I would choose both spring and fall. He is described here as oriental, but he is not a typical Oriental in my eyes; fresh-spicy with slight oriental hints I think is more accurate.
Conclusion:

S.H. Lucas apparently attaches importance not only to spicy and sensual beguiling fragrances, but also incredibly much on the design of elegant packaging and gorgeous decorative flacons. You can see that already here in the pictures.

I like the Soleil de Jeddah really extremely well. I feel him as very pleasant, cozy, friendly and even slightly gentle. He is rated with a strong 8.5 , but with a tendency to bear strong 9.

As a tea drinker and also a fan of oriental fragrances, I find this fragrance very exciting and in a certain way 'unique', as it is called in perfumery circles so beautiful. Unfortunately, of course, the price is such a thing. But sometimes just fillings have to suffice.
[...]
My thanks to my amico Bastian, who sent me a bottling and I was thus my very first fragrance of S.H. Lucas get to know.

[...]
Thank you so much for reading!

6 short views on the fragrance
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 2 years ago
A warm and creamy/sweet oriental leathery-floral Mid season fragrance, balanced by a bright and salty/spicy citric-floral opening. Unisex!
BertolucciKBertolucciK 10 months ago
Fruity opening with a bitter herbal camomile and lemon. Smoky leather and salty ambergris. Spicy, quite tart with iris and a smooth vanilla.
SangeliccaSangelicca 1 year ago
One of my favourite,
I have purchased it on winter and was fall in love but in summer a notes opens even better from opening to drydown!
MrLawmanMrLawman 1 year ago
Shines like a full sun over an iris field. The iris, which by the way has no DH character, is accompanied by a delicious leather note.Winner
FarouhaFarouha 7 years ago
Wonderful citrus woody scent. Reminds me of 'Nur' by So Oud.
More statements

Images

18 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Stéphane Humbert Lucas

Black Gemstone by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Taklamakan by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Ô Hira by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Isra & Miraj by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Mortal Skin by Stéphane Humbert Lucas 2022 Generation Man by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Wish Come True by Stéphane Humbert Lucas God of Fire by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Panthea by Stéphane Humbert Lucas 2022 Generation Woman by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Khôl de Bahreïn by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Rose de Petra by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Panthea Iris by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Oud 777 by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Une Nuit à Doha by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Lufu by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Venom Incarnat by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Qom Chilom by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Harrods H Mamba by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Manteuse by Stéphane Humbert Lucas