Taklamakan by Stéphane Humbert Lucas
Taklamakan is a popular perfume by Stéphane Humbert Lucas for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is spicy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.
Goes well with Tabac Blond (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamotCalabrian bergamot OsmanthusOsmanthus NeroliNeroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesChinese toonChinese toon Indian patchouliIndian patchouli
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoinBenzoin VanillaVanilla CistusCistus MuskMusk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 02.10.2022.

4 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Danijels
Like thunder from a clear sky...
I read about it but I never experienced !
Yesterday morning, I got up and decided to finally put on Taklamakan bought back in August from Notino. Quite confident and full of enthusiasm, I sprayed the perfume 4 times (standard in the shape of a cross). And then, madness, disbelief! The only thing I felt was pure alcohol! But nothing at all! ZERO! Not a single note!
I immediately thought, covid-19. I took the first perfume that came to my hand, then the second, then the third ... And everything is fine. Not Covid-19! But Taklamakan, absolutely nothing! My wife who also woke up says, REDUCE THE EXPERIENCE, YOU WILL BEAT US ALL WITH THAT PERFUME!
OK I think to myself. Olfactive Fatigue probably. I’ve been pushing perfumes with amber, vanilla and benzoin too much these days. I'm comforting myself, it will pass, everything will be fine.
And then, the worst thing - that day, 7 people told me, '' What magnificent creation are you wearing today? YOUR PERFUME IS TIMELESS ''!
And I, I only feel medical alcohol. I can't even smell the perfume from the bottle.
Here, it's been 2 days and I don't know what's happening to me. It's just amazing that a man can be so sad about perfume.
Perfume anosmia probably, but on what? Definitely not for fragrant ingredients because I don't feel a single note. Only alcohol.
Maybe some binder component in the composition, maybe a fixative ... I don't know. The problem is that I wonder, is that component in all SHL perfumes ?
To my great regret, the environment reacts fantastically to Taklamakan. But it seems that we will have to part because, we wear perfume primarily for ourselves. Although...
Nomadic Life
The Milky Way and some torches light up the dry sandy surroundings. Torches whose flames are nourished by various oils and resins.
Leather straps hold the soaked cloth to the torch.
The light is not only to drive away the darkness, along with the resinous oil infused scent, the fire fights night after night against the souls that never came out, the souls that had to stay in the Taklamakan.

Resinous, smoky and dark, Taklamakan begins to excite me.
No, nothing animalistic gets in the way.

Light woods, not coniferous, dry old roots weathered by heat and cold glow before them. Burning resin crackles up now and then.
Not existing Animalik provides a well portable, oriental woody fragrance that is not lost in a fragrance mess.
Friendly, but not fruity or heavy sweet, Taklamakan welcomes its wearer.
Why not in the summer, this oriental goes well in the summer.

Is it the vanilla that shows the way like a light in the dark? Or the rose?
I believe that both well coordinated positively influence the entire course.

Good 6 hours I perceive him on me.

A cloth smelled even 2 days later still clearly oriental.

Taklamakan lands also because of the beautiful flacon on my Christmas wish list.
I am glad that I was allowed to get to know him.

The Most Elegant Desert
This is an absolutely masterpiece!
Taklamakan is an a Desert ,
It’s the hot sand and a hot air in your face
It hits you from the first spray and transfer you in the Endless Desert .
The scent is Unbelievable Dry and Hot from the first spray ! It’s always with you , Blending all of the notes in a Most Elegant scent , addictive and unforgettable.
Bottle is collectible and unique as all of the SHL creations!
A big big love !
OmegApo
The fragrance DNA looks familiar...
Even if it has not been specified here as duftzwilling, I find the something of Bentley for Men Intense. I don't know why, but when I tested the fragrance the other day, it came straight to my mind, you know the DNA from somewhere.... Looked at my collection and then stopped looking at Bentley. Side by side both scents were compared on the left arm the Taklamakan and the right arm the Bentley for Men Intense and tadaa whether you believe me or not, the Bentley smells very similar to the Taklamakan. In the top note not one to one the same but in the later course, they really resemble each other more. You're asking yourself, "So what? Why are you beating around the bush? What does Taklamakan actually smell like? Taklamakan starts off very powdery, spicy and oriental at the same time. I think it resembles Valentino Uomo Intense a little bit when I first smell it, at least in terms of the powderiness. In the later course, it is still a little woody / creamy rather it then becomes even sweeter at the end. The durability and sillage I would rate with 8.5 & 8. The flacon I find very elegant and high quality, which is why I give a 9/10. Price / performance: 6/10 with a super offer, you can strike, but you do not have to.

Conclusion: Who does not want to spend so much, which can buy in MY eyes for 20 € confidently the Bentley for men Intense. I find there are really certain parallels even if it has never addressed anyone. :-)
One Day
You are something special. When I sniff your scents, I know that I don't have to be sad in the near future. Because even when all my current life scents will be gone from this world, there is still one that is able to trigger this unspeakably beautiful feeling in me. You are a full-blooded Oriental who shows all facets. But also an oriental as they were created in the nineties or in the 2000s. No superficial oud notes, no "stable smell". No, here we have a fine, very elegant fragrance with a combination of fragrance notes, as we in Europe have imagined the Orient olfactory twenty to thirty years ago.

This is exactly the kind of scents I have always been partial to. I love how you let vanilla and your protagonist patchouli sound in duet. This is so wonderfully warming and fine, you can immediately let yourself fall. No matter how dull the day, how cold the winter. With you I find the warmth and light that I crave so much, especially in the dark season. I love your resinous notes and the soft musk in the base. I mean to also perceive myrrh, even if I can not locate this in your fragrance notes.

But there's something I'm also missing about you that my life scents, which have been with me for many years, can give me. I'm missing a teeny bit of sweetness. Something more vanilla, maybe a little touch of fruit? That would loosen you up a bit. You're a rather brittle fellow, so dry and earthy. A little more tenderness would suit your earthy garment of patchouli and woods wonderfully. But you can not have everything after all.

I breathe you in deeply and immediately think of the current song by Nea and Felix Jaehn. "Some say." Because the time will come when I can no longer get to my beloved companions. Then even the very last remnants will be used up and sold out. And then you will be the dearest to me. Then I will welcome you with open arms, despite your distinctive corners and edges, which I would rather have smoothed out. And my heart will beat - only for you!

"Some say you will love me one day
and I will wait I will wait to catch you lovin' one day"

With thanks to MadameLegras

3 short views on the fragrance
Blako11Blako11 1 year ago
Para mí el perfume cálido más agradable de la colección "barata" de SHL. Estela y proyección muy aceptable. Dentro de mi TOP 10.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 years ago
Taklamakan is a beautiful dry amber, woody, sweet, spicy and balsamic with the dusty powderiness of iris. Myrrh, gaiac wood and vanilla.
HermeshHermesh 6 years ago
Dry-warm scent, with dusty, finely spiced vanilla note (delicately sweet and slightly bitter at the same time). Pleasant and nice to wear.

Images

34 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Stéphane Humbert Lucas

Black Gemstone by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Ô Hira by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Isra & Miraj by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Mortal Skin by Stéphane Humbert Lucas 2022 Generation Man by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Wish Come True by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Soleil de Jeddah by Stéphane Humbert Lucas God of Fire by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Panthea by Stéphane Humbert Lucas 2022 Generation Woman by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Khôl de Bahreïn by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Panthea Iris by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Rose de Petra by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Oud 777 by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Une Nuit à Doha by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Lufu by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Venom Incarnat by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Qom Chilom by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Harrods H Mamba by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Manteuse by Stéphane Humbert Lucas