Taklamakan by Stéphane Humbert Lucas

Taklamakan is a popular perfume by Stéphane Humbert Lucas for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is woody-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Rose, Chinese toon
Heart Notes Heart NotesSandalwood, Iris, Patchouli, Gaiac wood, Cade juniper wood
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Vanilla, Cistus, Musk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 11.07.2019

9.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

in the Middle of Nowhere
"Taklamakan" is a little bit my destiny scent: I love it hot and intimate, but I also know that I will never own it. That's life!
And yet I can't leave him!
Beside "Tauer N° 2" this was one of the first bottlings Sweetsmell 75 left to me; today I still thank her very much for it.
You can almost say it's some kind of "Everlasting Love!"

This concentrated fragrance on the rich base of Patchouli fascinates me; it captures me, binds me and leads me to the second largest sand desert in the world.
There's a danger of losing me there!
It's windy and the wind doesn't just carry a lot, a lot of sand, but also a lot of mysterious scents; it's a desert scent full of sensual appeal - straight-lined and hot (that's what ALzD says; I'll go along with that!).
This dry and mysterious desert wind carries with it many woody scents: it reminds us that this desert Taklamakan used to be called "the Valley of Poplars".
Where have these poplars gone?
The complex magic of this fragrance makes it difficult for me to break it down into individual parts: it is always a whole; and as it is, it is simply perfect!
The scents merge so harmoniously that it is difficult for me - even with my hypersensitive nose - to analyze them.
I perceive a touch of mahogany: I still belong to the generation that knows magahoni and teak wood from the production of fine furniture.
They were beautiful and sensual: today they are questioned ...
Woods, in various selection, and roses - how wonderfully they harmonize with each other!
The powdery iris dampens something as usual; it lays a calming, powdery veil of scent over the whole!
The fragrances of the spicy, bulky cistus rose are surprisingly clear: in addition to the various wood chords, it leads to a climax: wood is not just wood - "Taklamakan" becomes lively, spicy and stimulates the senses!
The fragrance-intensive base gives this fragrance a magic that is second to none: "Taklamakan" appeals to the soul; this fragrance (if it is!) moves deeply!
For this he needs the heavy, enticing eroticism of creamy vanilla and the sensual heaviness of benzoic resin: Stéphane Humbert Lucas opens the door to the realm of sensual power: to the power of intelligent and extremely intense fragrance life!

"Taklamakan" touches my soul deeply; it takes me to a country that is actually foreign to me: mysterious, hot-blooded and without any logical thinking.
I let this fragrance work as a whole on me: its magic, its powerful intimacy!
I simply don't feel the need to disintegrate his fragrance pyramid - I just let myself drift!
Drift - in "the Middle of Nowhere"!
And listen (very intensively) to the enchanting Caro Emerald with her song "I'm sitting in the Middle of Nowhere ..." (s. there!).

I like to sit in the middle of the desert and in the scent called "Taklamakan"!
Filigree, fine and extremely sensual, I am embraced: long-lasting, like all fragrances of this brand.
Opulent and seductive and yet very down-to-earth: this magic lives!
I let the magic work without resistance: "Taklamakan" enchants, dominates me, surrounds me!
This "middle of nothingness" leaves all options open: "Make your choice! It's the Best you can do!!"
9.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

Heartbreaking beauty
The first thing you can notice is an intense herbaceous note, which has a light tangy aura and is due to the bergamot.

At the same time a very soft aromatic, juniper-like sweet note is perceptible, which has a strong distinctive woody accent and my research showed that this comes from Cade wood.

In the very background a light dry, invigorating peppery shade can be perceived, which I also could not assign, but the Internet revealed to me that this scent property stems from the sura tree and I didn't even know until today that such a tree exists at all
A little later a very pure and opulent rose is perceptible, which also has a light fleshy twist and gives the fragrance a very pleasant subliminal eroticism.

The iris, very softly powdery, discreetly flowery, was only used to lift the rose into the air.

In the background, a nice creamy, slightly spicy note is responsible for the fact that the composition appears very round, even without corners and edges and is due to the sandalwood.

These 3 notes are surrounded by a woody, slightly smoky note that gives the fragrance a heart-rending beauty and one already has a slight desire to pour oneself on one's head like Jean Baptiste Grenuille, Taklamakan.

In the last 3.5 hours the fragrance becomes a little dark, sweet - creamy, pleasantly viscous and comes from the black vanilla.

The vanilla becomes finely woody, balsamic - clearly warmed up that gives the fragrance a wonderful cuddly aspect and stems from the cistus rose in interaction with the musk.

In the background, a subtle earthy hint rounds off the fragrance and lets it fade away wonderfully.

Unfortunately, I could not perceive benzoin, but I can imagine very well that this component was used for background music.

Taklamakan is a great companion in the spring, autumn and winter months for women and men of all ages who are looking for a multi-layered sweet, woody, rosy, creamy, spicy and balsamic fragrance that makes them feel beautiful
In total the fragrance lasts 9 hours on my skin.

In the first 2.5 hours, the Sillage is designed in such a way that one is perceived very clearly at the 3.5 metres and then swings for 2 hours to a very clearly perceptible whole arm length, before it minimises itself in quiet steps until the end of the fragrance.

I would like to express my sincere thanks to our Parfuma "Elbchen" for the bottling.

Hermesh 3 years ago
Dry-warm scent, with dusty, finely spiced vanilla note (delicately sweet and slightly bitter at the same time). Pleasant and nice to wear.+6
9.0

....Happy Halloween :-)
by Sunshine00
Jenseits von richtig und falsch gibt es einen Ort. Dort treffen wir uns-Rumi
by Can777