Taklamakan by Stéphane Humbert Lucas
Top 53 in Unisex Perfume
Taklamakan is a popular perfume by Stéphane Humbert Lucas for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is woody-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.
Scent goes well with Tabac Blond (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
RoseRose
Chinese toonChinese toon
Heart Notes Heart NotesSandalwoodSandalwood
IrisIris
PatchouliPatchouli
Gaiac woodGaiac wood
Cade juniper woodCade juniper wood
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoinBenzoin
VanillaVanilla
CistusCistus
MuskMusk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 21.10.2021.

Nomadic Life
The Milky Way and some torches light up the dry sandy surroundings. Torches whose flames are nourished by various oils and resins.
Leather straps hold the soaked cloth to the torch.
The light is not only to drive away the darkness, along with the resinous oil infused scent, the fire fights night after night against the souls that never came out, the souls that had to stay in the Taklamakan.

Resinous, smoky and dark, Taklamakan begins to excite me.
No, nothing animalistic gets in the way.

Light woods, not coniferous, dry old roots weathered by heat and cold glow before them. Burning resin crackles up now and then.
Not existing Animalik provides a well portable, oriental woody fragrance that is not lost in a fragrance mess.
Friendly, but not fruity or heavy sweet, Taklamakan welcomes its wearer.
Why not in the summer, this oriental goes well in the summer.

Is it the vanilla that shows the way like a light in the dark? Or the rose?
I believe that both well coordinated positively influence the entire course.

Good 6 hours I perceive him on me.

A cloth smelled even 2 days later still clearly oriental.

Taklamakan lands also because of the beautiful flacon on my Christmas wish list.
I am glad that I was allowed to get to know him.

The Most Elegant Desert
This is an absolutely masterpiece!
Taklamakan is an a Desert ,
It’s the hot sand and a hot air in your face
It hits you from the first spray and transfer you in the Endless Desert .
The scent is Unbelievable Dry and Hot from the first spray ! It’s always with you , Blending all of the notes in a Most Elegant scent , addictive and unforgettable.
Bottle is collectible and unique as all of the SHL creations!
A big big love !
OmegApo
The fragrance DNA looks familiar...
Even if it has not been specified here as duftzwilling, I find the something of Bentley for Men Intense. I don't know why, but when I tested the fragrance the other day, it came straight to my mind, you know the DNA from somewhere.... Looked at my collection and then stopped looking at Bentley. Side by side both scents were compared on the left arm the Taklamakan and the right arm the Bentley for Men Intense and tadaa whether you believe me or not, the Bentley smells very similar to the Taklamakan. In the top note not one to one the same but in the later course, they really resemble each other more. You're asking yourself, "So what? Why are you beating around the bush? What does Taklamakan actually smell like? Taklamakan starts off very powdery, spicy and oriental at the same time. I think it resembles Valentino Uomo Intense a little bit when I first smell it, at least in terms of the powderiness. In the later course, it is still a little woody / creamy rather it then becomes even sweeter at the end. The durability and sillage I would rate with 8.5 & 8. The flacon I find very elegant and high quality, which is why I give a 9/10. Price / performance: 6/10 with a super offer, you can strike, but you do not have to.

Conclusion: Who does not want to spend so much, which can buy in MY eyes for 20 € confidently the Bentley for men Intense. I find there are really certain parallels even if it has never addressed anyone. :-)
One Day
You are something special. When I sniff your scents, I know that I don't have to be sad in the near future. Because even when all my current life scents will be gone from this world, there is still one that is able to trigger this unspeakably beautiful feeling in me. You are a full-blooded Oriental who shows all facets. But also an oriental as they were created in the nineties or in the 2000s. No superficial oud notes, no "stable smell". No, here we have a fine, very elegant fragrance with a combination of fragrance notes, as we in Europe have imagined the Orient olfactory twenty to thirty years ago.

This is exactly the kind of scents I have always been partial to. I love how you let vanilla and your protagonist patchouli sound in duet. This is so wonderfully warming and fine, you can immediately let yourself fall. No matter how dull the day, how cold the winter. With you I find the warmth and light that I crave so much, especially in the dark season. I love your resinous notes and the soft musk in the base. I mean to also perceive myrrh, even if I can not locate this in your fragrance notes.

But there's something I'm also missing about you that my life scents, which have been with me for many years, can give me. I'm missing a teeny bit of sweetness. Something more vanilla, maybe a little touch of fruit? That would loosen you up a bit. You're a rather brittle fellow, so dry and earthy. A little more tenderness would suit your earthy garment of patchouli and woods wonderfully. But you can not have everything after all.

I breathe you in deeply and immediately think of the current song by Nea and Felix Jaehn. "Some say." Because the time will come when I can no longer get to my beloved companions. Then even the very last remnants will be used up and sold out. And then you will be the dearest to me. Then I will welcome you with open arms, despite your distinctive corners and edges, which I would rather have smoothed out. And my heart will beat - only for you!

"Some say you will love me one day
and I will wait I will wait to catch you lovin' one day"

With thanks to MadameLegras

Vainilla on the rocks
Probablemente el perfume que más me gusta de stephan humbert lucas .
Aquí encontramos una vainilla como
Nota predominante sobre un fondo amaderado y algo tostado.
Diría que es unisex y para primavera, otoño e invierno.
Pale desert landscape
The more good ratings a fragrance has and the more you look forward to it based on its individual notes, the greater the disappointment can be if the high expectations are not met. Of the 16 comments so far, 15 have a rating between 8 and 10 - only DaveGahan101 gives a 7.5 - and you can also read a lot of positive things in the statements. Today I tested the scent again after a long time and although Taklamakan doesn't annoy me either, I only feel indifference as I move my wrist towards the nose. I'm aware that there might be some contradictions to this comment, but just because most people have a different opinion, I shouldn't bend mine but start from my own perception.

The name and the associations associated with it are quite understandable, because warmth and dryness are clearly recognizable, but the texture of the fragrance does not seem quite right to me. Something synthetic seems to keep the individual notes relatively close together, as I have already noticed in other creations by Stéphane Humbert Lucas (including soOud).

At the beginning Taklamakan has a slightly 'boozy' character, but basically the fragrance starts with the heart and base notes. The rose that I can smell directly from the sprayer of the sample is not present on my skin at any time. Instead, the resinous and woody sides hold their own, while a slightly sweet vanilla is always perceptible. The big problem for me is that everything seems to be densely packed and yet quite dimmed. But good perfumes give the individual notes air to breathe, no matter how heavy they are. Benzoin leaves an impression of something dried up waxy, and rockrose doesn't have its ethereal quality here; sandalwood seems only partly creamy to me, and patchouli at least gives a soft, earthy touch. A further difference can be seen in the projection/silage, because I can only perceive Taklamakan really strongly in the immediate vicinity of the skin. Only the pale mixture remains in the air, which does not do justice to the given scents.

The question whether my sample is not authentic or tilted, I can answer in the negative, because I received it in exchange from a long-time perfumer who owns Taklamakan himself. You have to assume that every now and then there are those fragrances where you simply get completely different impressions than the majority do.

Desert stories
I have now sampled a few from this house, Mortal Skin, Black Gemstone, Soleil de jeddah, and Taklamakan. It has certainly left me wanting to explore the house even more. Hope you enjoy this review and thank you for watching.

The Summoning of the Desert Djinn

The name "Taklamakan" alone, in combination with the golden, luxurious bottle, creates a picture of fragrance in my imagination. Warm and dry, it will carry with it the mineral smell of sand and perhaps smoke. Is there a well or an oasis nearby? No, that's not what the word sounds like to me, it sounds like vastness, emptiness, sublimity. Perhaps it is a fragrance of the night when the starry sky above the pure desert air shines so brightly on some nights that I can see my own shadow? Or perhaps the djinni I fear in perfumes lives in the bottle after all - namely oud, which I still smell in traces myself and which (so far, but I doubt that this will change) regularly lets me flee.

I'm certainly not the only one who can make out a certain picture of how the content will smell based solely on the name, the bottle or the colour of a fragrance. And Taklamakan fulfils my expectations, plays with them, surpasses them and at the same time leaves the longing for more open. That's the first thing you have to do as a fragrance.
When spraying on I spontaneously think: "resin patchouli" - so not wrong for my fragrance preferences. At the same time, however, there is an immediate hint of freshness and something herbaceous and aromatic that opens the first impression and gives hope for more.

Two fragrances that I have come across so far go in a similar direction for me: Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain and Coromandel by Chanel. And yet the three are fundamentally different. Bois d'Arménie is much woodier, less resinous-aromatic and the freshness hidden in Taklamakan is completely missing here. The desert scent shares the patchouli with Coromandel. At Coromandel it is much more natural and present, earthier, cooler cellar, while Patchouli in Taklamakan is wrapped in a soft coat of sweet resin and vanilla. Maybe that's why Taklamkan is also worth a try for people who aren't real patchouli fetishists. For all who fear oud as much as I do, this is good news. Although in Taklamakan there is hidden something dirty, dark, slightly disturbing, almost animalistic, it is so subliminal, that even for me Animalik-und Oud-Memme it is not too much, but simply wonderful!

The way Patchouli is finely woven in Taklamakan brings me straight to the next point: the sweetness. Here, too, the scent surprises. It is sweet and dry at the same time - or maybe unsweet-vanilla and sweet-aromatic-resinous after all? Depending on what my perception concentrates on, different layers of the scent come to the fore, like a desert wind that brings scents from all directions from far away. Sometimes it's the mineral clash of hot sand that has a characteristic smell that one can almost taste more than smell, made to float by ethereal translucent smoke. The resin of crippled small bushes, which release spicy aromas in the scorching sun, mixes with it and it almost seems to me as if sometimes flowers from the far away oasis could be guessed at.

Now one should think that, after this, as I like to admit, somewhat overflowing hymn of praise Taklamakan immediately ascended with enthusiasm to my new darling, who from now on often accompanies me, my dreamy desert wind. And yet it is not so. For me it is (once again) a fragrance that I admire, but which I don't want to smell of as a person all day long. Then he is too much for me, too present and also too long staying in one phase.
But at the weekend, sprayed on my wrist to take a deep breath while walking, shopping or reading, to dream of the glistening sun, of faraway lands, of unfulfilled desires and of the possibilities that hopefully lie ahead of me: Yes, it's just the scent my heart longs for!
in the Middle of Nowhere
"Taklamakan" is a little bit my destiny scent: I love it hot and intimate, but I also know that I will never own it. That's life!
And yet I can't leave him!
Beside "Tauer N° 2" this was one of the first bottlings Sweetsmell 75 left to me; today I still thank her very much for it.
You can almost say it's some kind of "Everlasting Love!"

This concentrated fragrance on the rich base of Patchouli fascinates me; it captures me, binds me and leads me to the second largest sand desert in the world.
There's a danger of losing me there!
It's windy and the wind doesn't just carry a lot, a lot of sand, but also a lot of mysterious scents; it's a desert scent full of sensual appeal - straight-lined and hot (that's what ALzD says; I'll go along with that!).
This dry and mysterious desert wind carries with it many woody scents: it reminds us that this desert Taklamakan used to be called "the Valley of Poplars".
Where have these poplars gone?
The complex magic of this fragrance makes it difficult for me to break it down into individual parts: it is always a whole; and as it is, it is simply perfect!
The scents merge so harmoniously that it is difficult for me - even with my hypersensitive nose - to analyze them.
I perceive a touch of mahogany: I still belong to the generation that knows magahoni and teak wood from the production of fine furniture.
They were beautiful and sensual: today they are questioned ...
Woods, in various selection, and roses - how wonderfully they harmonize with each other!
The powdery iris dampens something as usual; it lays a calming, powdery veil of scent over the whole!
The fragrances of the spicy, bulky cistus rose are surprisingly clear: in addition to the various wood chords, it leads to a climax: wood is not just wood - "Taklamakan" becomes lively, spicy and stimulates the senses!
The fragrance-intensive base gives this fragrance a magic that is second to none: "Taklamakan" appeals to the soul; this fragrance (if it is!) moves deeply!
For this he needs the heavy, enticing eroticism of creamy vanilla and the sensual heaviness of benzoic resin: Stéphane Humbert Lucas opens the door to the realm of sensual power: to the power of intelligent and extremely intense fragrance life!

"Taklamakan" touches my soul deeply; it takes me to a country that is actually foreign to me: mysterious, hot-blooded and without any logical thinking.
I let this fragrance work as a whole on me: its magic, its powerful intimacy!
I simply don't feel the need to disintegrate his fragrance pyramid - I just let myself drift!
Drift - in "the Middle of Nowhere"!
And listen (very intensively) to the enchanting Caro Emerald with her song "I'm sitting in the Middle of Nowhere ..." (s. there!).

I like to sit in the middle of the desert and in the scent called "Taklamakan"!
Filigree, fine and extremely sensual, I am embraced: long-lasting, like all fragrances of this brand.
Opulent and seductive and yet very down-to-earth: this magic lives!
I let the magic work without resistance: "Taklamakan" enchants, dominates me, surrounds me!
This "middle of nothingness" leaves all options open: "Make your choice! It's the Best you can do!!"
Heartbreaking beauty
The first thing you can notice is an intense herbaceous note, which has a light tangy aura and is due to the bergamot.

At the same time a very soft aromatic, juniper-like sweet note is perceptible, which has a strong distinctive woody accent and my research showed that this comes from Cade wood.

In the very background a light dry, invigorating peppery shade can be perceived, which I also could not assign, but the Internet revealed to me that this scent property stems from the sura tree and I didn't even know until today that such a tree exists at all
A little later a very pure and opulent rose is perceptible, which also has a light fleshy twist and gives the fragrance a very pleasant subliminal eroticism.

The iris, very softly powdery, discreetly flowery, was only used to lift the rose into the air.

In the background, a nice creamy, slightly spicy note is responsible for the fact that the composition appears very round, even without corners and edges and is due to the sandalwood.

These 3 notes are surrounded by a woody, slightly smoky note that gives the fragrance a heart-rending beauty and one already has a slight desire to pour oneself on one's head like Jean Baptiste Grenuille, Taklamakan.

In the last 3.5 hours the fragrance becomes a little dark, sweet - creamy, pleasantly viscous and comes from the black vanilla.

The vanilla becomes finely woody, balsamic - clearly warmed up that gives the fragrance a wonderful cuddly aspect and stems from the cistus rose in interaction with the musk.

In the background, a subtle earthy hint rounds off the fragrance and lets it fade away wonderfully.

Unfortunately, I could not perceive benzoin, but I can imagine very well that this component was used for background music.

Taklamakan is a great companion in the spring, autumn and winter months for women and men of all ages who are looking for a multi-layered sweet, woody, rosy, creamy, spicy and balsamic fragrance that makes them feel beautiful
In total the fragrance lasts 9 hours on my skin.

In the first 2.5 hours, the Sillage is designed in such a way that one is perceived very clearly at the 3.5 metres and then swings for 2 hours to a very clearly perceptible whole arm length, before it minimises itself in quiet steps until the end of the fragrance.

I would like to express my sincere thanks to our Parfuma "Elbchen" for the bottling.

Blako11Blako11 6 months ago
Para mí el perfume cálido más agradable de la colección "barata" de SHL. Estela y proyección muy aceptable. Dentro de mi TOP 10.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 8 months ago
Taklamakan is a beautiful dry amber, woody, sweet, spicy and balsamic with the dusty powderiness of iris. Myrrh, gaiac wood and vanilla.
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Dry-warm scent, with dusty, finely spiced vanilla note (delicately sweet and slightly bitter at the same time). Pleasant and nice to wear.

....Happy Halloween :-)
by 008Pauline
...Nebelgeflüster in der Taklamakan... Vielen Dank für Eure lieben Fotobesuche und anerkennenden Worte!!:-))
by LaVioletta
Besuch aus der Wüste am Rhein
by Graybeard
Das Bild war ein Kampf, die Strömung zu stark... Ich war nass bis auf die Unterwäsche...
by Gandix
Die Spinne kriecht aus ihrer Höhle ;)
by Graybeard
by EssAli
by Spendabel
by Spendabel

Popular Stéphane Humbert Lucas

Black Gemstone by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Ô Hira by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Isra & Miraj by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Mortal Skin by Stéphane Humbert Lucas 2022 Generation Man by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Wish Come True by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Soleil de Jeddah by Stéphane Humbert Lucas 2022 Generation Woman by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Panthea by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Khôl de Bahreïn by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Panthea Iris by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Rose de Petra by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Oud 777 by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Une Nuit à Doha by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Lufu by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Harrods by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Qom Chilom by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Manteuse by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Oumma by Stéphane Humbert Lucas