deadofnight 2014 Eau de Parfum

deadofnight (Eau de Parfum) by Strangelove NYC / ERH1012
deadofnight (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Strangelove NYC / ERH1012 for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is animal-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

OudOud
AmberAmber
MuskMusk
TuberoseTuberose
JasmineJasmine

Submitted by Michael, last update on 29.08.2021.

KristinaKii
deadofnight, or it is always darkest before dawn
I wanted to try it for too long. Finally, last month, I bought a sample set of the house, and I was over the moon at least having a chance to get my nose on it.

I have to tell you, I loved every single perfume from the collection. All of them are very unique, deep, creative, and take me to places. That is why I want to tell you about them separately.

deadofnight was my first sniff, and it proved to me one more time: never test perfumes on the paper. I know we don’t have enough skin to try many fragrances on at once, but the blotters may ruin the scent for you forever.

I tested this perfume on paper, and it was super oudy animalic. And it stayed on the paper this way. I usually like oud, but this one, I thought, will be too challenging for me to wear. So I was dragging my feet preparing for full wear.

And I am so happy I finally sprayed it on myself.

Yes, the opening is a little challenging. Strong, dark oud bites and stuns. But it takes just a few minutes until it becomes softer as if I trained it. I start smelling light flowers, as if in the early morning when they are still wet from the dew.

I know that dead of night is midnight, but to me, this scent is mostly about the minutes before dawn. They say that it is always darkest before dawn, right? And so, the perfume opens in a very dark way. And then it gets brighter and brighter, as the dawn breaks.

The base is about stunning vanilla with some musk and incenses. There are amber and sandalwood listed as well but I don’t pick them much. Of course, the oud leaves its traces here and there, as long as the scent is alive on my skin. But it is not so angry, and not so challenging as I first thought.

Monsala
One of the best fragrances of its kind

Composition repeated many times, but for me this work is among the best, made by a master perfumer that I love Christphe Laudamiel

They are three ouds, Borneo, Cambodja and Thailand masterfully mixed, with a heart of rose and white flowers, all this holding with a wonderful sandalwood scent, making it a sexy and playful scent.

Excessively high price, it is a good reason to try before you buy, it will surely be one of the fragrances without middle ground that you love or hate.

Uniqueness: 6/10
Scent: 10/10
Performance: 8/10
♀️▫️▫️▫️◾▫️▫️▫️♂️

Oudaddict
A really solid oud contender
Having samples most rose-oud combos on the market, a friend recommended that I'd look into the offerings from the uber niche house strangelovenyc. As I looked into the brand it seemed to me something for the nouveau riche judging by their prices at least. But, the fact that all their creations are works by master perfumer Christophe Laudamiel peaked my interest quite a bit.

Deadofnight is a really solid contender in the rose-oud market, especially if you've hit a plateau on your oud journey. Is it innovative? No. Original. Not really. Well done ? Hell YEAH ! The quality of the ingredients and the tapestry they manage to conjure are one of a kind. As you as you spray this baby you are hit by a fabulous blend of ouds and soon the rose, hints of violet and incense creep in. Seamlessly blended with quite a presence for the first couple of hours, after which it milds down but still whispering and offering you gorgeous whiffs throughout the day.

Lovers of high quality genuine oud shouldn't overlook this one as it really is the kind of scent that can become signature scent worthy (if you can afford it that is :D)

Great work !
Oud Oud Rose Vanilla
Dead of Night is one of my favorite scents. From the opening, I immediately recognize the oud accord. I think it's a combination of different ouds. I can recognize the Cambodian / Thai ouds with their sweet resinous character, but there is also a woody and somewhat smoky character that after some research I found to be Borneo oud. There is a leathery note but I don't think it comes from the oud, but perhaps the perfumer used a trace amount of birch tar to add a smoky effect that I perceive as leather. In the opening, the oud is accompanied by a green-ozone violet leaf note and a citrus note that I couldn't distinguish. Upon opening, the scent becomes sweeter and more resinous with a rose note joining the oud. Unlike the usual rose ouds where you get a prominent rose accord with oud in the background, here the oud shines and the rose plays the supporting role. I could not distinguish the type of rose used in this fragrance . I could not make out the floral notes separately. The base is all about the creamy sandalwood with a sweet labdanum / vanilla combination along with the rose oud combination. Overall, Dead of Night is not the most original fragrance but it is very well blended with very high quality ingredients.
0.5

Dead of Night
One day you had a long drive to take. You drank a big ol' coffee to wake yourself up. Somewhere down the highway, as expected, the urge to pee came on, and you pulled over at the nearest rest stop. There was a long line at the men's room though, so you went out into the woods and relieved yourself on a dry-rotted tree stump.

It's early August, and the stump sits there (well, where's it going to go?) for a rainless week before a male raccoon wanders by, fresh from a shopping trip to the rest area dumpster, fur matted with sticky-sweet dried soda, dragging a used baby diaper with him for some reason. It is high noon. It is hot. He is in the thick of heat, and sprays.

Put a frame around it. Dead of Night.

Not my favorite Laudamiel creation.

Liz617
Best oudh scent I have tried
deadofnight is incredible! This oudh is much more elegant than the others I have tried; I love the richness of the oudh mixed with the woody, musky amber and rose. The scent unfolds beautifully throughout the day, lasts a full 24 hours on my skin and always elicits compliments. deadofnight is completely unique and smells like nothing else...Christophe Laudamiel and Helena Christensen have outdone themselves!

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 9 months ago
A powdery/soft and musky, oriental floral-woody Fall fragrance, balanced by a gentle and airy animalic-spicy opening. Smooth rose-oud combo!
K84K84 2 years ago
Stunning quality in this piece

by PallasCC
by PallasCC

Popular Strangelove NYC / ERH1012

deadofnight (Perfume Oil) by Strangelove NYC / ERH1012 meltmyheart (Eau de Parfum) by Strangelove NYC / ERH1012 fallintostars (Eau de Parfum) by Strangelove NYC / ERH1012 silencethesea (Eau de Parfum) by Strangelove NYC / ERH1012 lostinflowers (Eau de Parfum) by Strangelove NYC / ERH1012 lostinflowers (Perfume Oil) by Strangelove NYC / ERH1012 meltmyheart (Perfume Oil) by Strangelove NYC / ERH1012 fallintostars (Perfume Oil) by Strangelove NYC / ERH1012 silencethesea (Perfume Oil) by Strangelove NYC / ERH1012