Salted Green Mango 2019

Salted Green Mango by Strangers
Salted Green Mango is a new perfume by Strangers for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is fruity-green. It is still in production.

Prin Lomros

Green mango, Orange bitters, Petitgrain, Lime, Bergamot, Elemi resin, Pineapple, Honey pomelo, Star gooseberry, Magnolia, Damask rose, Chili, Sandalwood, Guava leaf, Vetiver, Salt, Kelp

Submitted by Maggy4u, last update on 22.10.2020.

Maggy4uMaggy4u 18 months ago

„Blueprints of Our Lifes”

DrseidDrseid 77 days ago

„Bad Fruit...”

Bad Fruit...
Salted Green Mango opens with subdued bitter orange and moderately sweet hybrid pineapple and melon smelling mango before transitioning to its heart. As the composition enters its early heart the moderately sweet pineapple and melon-like mango remains, now adding a synthetic smelling salty, aquatic accord with sharp vetiver support. During the late dry-down the salty aquatic aspect dissipates and finally vacates, leaving the remnants of of the moderately sweet mango to pair with relatively dry sandalwood through the finish. Projection is average and longevity excellent at over 12 hours on skin.

I have had tremendous positive experiences with several other Prin Lomros compositions, finding the perfumer extremely talented. Knowing this perfume was a Lomros composition I fully expected to love it, but Salted Green Mango turned out to be a mega-stinker. The open immediately is off-putting, with the green mango's odd mixture of a sweet melon and pineapple hybrid that is quite unsettling. That said, the worst aspect of the composition is in the early heart phase, when a disgusting synthetic smelling salty oceanic accord is added to the mix, bringing the composition to scrubber territory in near record time. Things do improve considerably in the late dry-down when the salty oceanic accord finally leaves, allowing a fine, relatively dry sandalwood to balance out the remnants of the mango creating a rather pleasant finish. Pleasant late dry-down aside, had I not been forcing myself to continue wearing the perfume for this write-up, I would have never reached it as the middle is truly unbearable. The bottom line is the $80 per 30 ml bottle Salted Green Mango is easily the worst thing I have sniffed from talented perfumer Lomros (and one of the worst I have sniffed period), earning it a "poor" 1.5 stars out of 5 rating and an *extremely* strong avoid recommendation to all.

Salted & Green (NKNN)
I was taken by surprise by Salted Green Mango...eventhough the name tells most of the story. Salted, Green Mango...if you take those 2 things to heart, you have a pretty solid idea of where this is going. Now when they say salted, they mean it. This is not one of those fragrance where you get a hint of a connection to saltiness, like a seabreeze, but instead you get a proper amount of actual saltiness and seaweed. Now I know that a green mango isn't the same as a regular mango, but for some reason, I still thought I'd be getting more of that tropical, sweetness that you get from mango or mango products; in stead you're hit with this, almost zesty, mango skin. I also get a lot of lime at first and there's some bitterness. It's quite sour, but not sharp at all.

In the drydown, the saltiness does become more like a seabreeze or briny water and the fruitiness becomes a bit smoother, maybe more juicy, but it remains sourish and never becomes too sweet. It's very refreshing, I don't think it utilizes mint, but it has the same effect that mint can have in somewhat similar fragrances. In particular, I found that the late late drydown, when it becomes a skin scent and you get more vetiver, is reminiscent of the opening of Guerlain Homme EDP, but without the sharpness. A last thing I want to add is that there's a hint of spice, from chilli peppers, that only adds to the uniquness.

I think it smells amazing and unlike anything else that I've tried. The bottles are small, 30ml only, but for 70$, you have a unique, quite long-lasting, scent that'll get you through Spring & Summer. I want a bottle, but getting it to the Netherlands at a fair price might be a challenge.

Prins Opus Magnum
Well hello first of all dear perfume friends,

you already notice, I have holidays and so I (finally) get to reflect and write.

Today: Salted Green Mango.

Just a few days ago I was raving to you about Louis Vuitton's Sur La Route. That I only discovered this fragrance in 2019, that I feel comfortable with this fragrance Sau and that it would be the best designer fragrance for me. So a real "eye-opener".

Now I got my bottle of Salted Green Mango at the end of December, and I have a similar feeling of well-being.
Let me explain briefly why SGM is also an "eye-opener"...

SGM was the first fragrance I tested from indie perfumer Prin Lomros. And I don't have to climb on the "hypetrain" as well, I'll tell you one thing: everything positive you read or hear about Prin is true...

SGM is his orderer and also his personal favourite scent, as he designed it based on his childhood memories in Thailand. And man people, designed is the right word:

The fragrance starts incredibly fresh and green. But not a European, classic, fern green, rather a moist, tropical jungle green.
This is immediately joined by a relaxed sweetness that probably comes from the pineapple, mango and gooseberry. But for me, this Trinity smells more like honey.
This "honey" is accompanied by a tart and slightly hot rose that dances with the petitgran until the end of the fragrance. During the dance, salt and chili are also added to the mixture.

So much for the fragrance character.

But why is SGM a door opener?

1. You get the described scent from the beginning, so the scent is also very linear. Because Prin Lomros is not a fan of head notes.
2. On the skin this fragrance will last you at least 10 hours, on clothes of course longer. This is extremely rare for such a green, fruity fragrance.
3. This description is very subjective. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Bleu de Chanel, for example, is interpreted in a similar way by 80% of all people. However, since SGM is very complex but transparent at the same time, everyone will be able to elicit a different facet of the fragrance.
4. Because of SGM, I ordered Prin's entire portfolio as samples and I have to say that I have never had such a high number of hits of good, innovative and high-quality fragrances. And so I also feel comfortable with SGM and the scents of Prin einfach Sau!

As you can see, I have little to counter the smell. But I will certainly do this in my upcoming commentary on "Sombre" by Strangers.

Thanks for reading it!

Your incense

Blueprints of Our Lifes
Scents are the blueprints of memories of our lives. In this case, Prin dedicated Salted Green Mango to the memories of the smell and taste of a meal from his youth. Around his hometown grew these sour green mangoes. So sour. you couldn't eat them raw. With a sauce of chillies, salt and sugar, a combination is created which Prin describes as delicious and above all as a kind of taste of his home, his youth. The taste is still rather salty, sour and slightly hot. The sweetness of sugar serves only as a carrier.

Salted Green Mango starts sour, fresh and with the rawness of green fruits. It's these nuances of sour pomello, that describe it the best for me. It's like smelling the peel. It´s fruity yet raw. It´s fresh and not sweet at all. In addition, the salt is slightly ionic, but without having a real maritime effect or vibe.

For me as a European, who does not yet know this traditional Thai dish, a picture nevertheless emerges. And above all an impression of nature. Of freshness and moments in which life is exactly the way it is at that time and place your are. Nothing is embellished. Why should it be?

Salted Green Mango is home.
Green, sour, unspoilt.
And incredibly beautiful.
Incredibly wearable.
Honest.

ItchynoseItchynose 10 months ago
2 out of 3 for me: green and mango, no salt. Also bitter, unripe gooseberries, pomelo and seaweed. Medicinal fruit with no sweetness.

by Gerus525
by Gerus525

Popular Strangers

Oliver by Strangers Cigar Rum by Strangers Gheorghe by Strangers Burning Ben by Strangers Les Mauvais Garçons by Strangers SM Café by Strangers Sangre Dulce by Strangers Ember by Strangers Wicked John by Strangers San Clemente by Strangers Scotch Peat by Strangers Aroon Sawat by Strangers Fume Ma Peau by Strangers Virginia by Strangers Cigar Rum Intense by Strangers Maia by Strangers Eternal Summer by Strangers Iridescent Sky by Strangers Kira Kira / きら きら by Strangers Lumberjack Cologne by Strangers