Burning Ben by Strangers Parfumerie
Burning Ben is a popular perfume by Strangers Parfumerie for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is smoky-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Prin Lomros

PimentoPimento
JavanolJavanol
SaffronSaffron
Burnt rubberBurnt rubber

Submitted by PanicRoom, last update on 24.08.2021.

20th century flavour
Interesting fragrance in which I would highlight the smoke and tobacco part, perhaps also the coffee, with a spicy leather background.
I associate it with an old masculine scent, like that of the charismatic men who frequented the bars of the 20th century.
And it seems dark to me, although relatively warm.
In principle, described like this it does not seem something original, but I would say that I do not find similarities with other fragrances and it has a lot of personality.

In my case it is not at all a powerful perfume in sillage and projection.
Relatively short skin longevity.
For a quality niche perfume context, its performance is not a highlight.
Splitter
The best of family celebrations from the 90s, 2000s and today...
Burning Ben was a damn dear addition here from the Souk. The artist caught my attention with Bat (2020) and Sloth , somewhat weakened by Rhinoceros (2020) , because I love its predecessor so much.
That reinterpretation, however, has in my nose exactly the disturbing, which also brings the fragrance to be discussed here. A red-hot sharpness to the prelude. With the Ben it is short, with the Rhino destructive.

Burning Ben starts on my skin with shrill notes. They remind me of the dirty ashtrays at family gatherings in dubious, smoky clubhouses in my childhood in the 90s. But they also remind me of the boundless wafts of scent from hairspray and aftershave at those same family parties in my youth in the 2000s.
The prelude makes me so already olfactory, as well as historically hard to create. Especially since I have a strong dislike for my family. Too often I was slobbered off and pressed without being asked and with cheek kisses I have to this day neither desire, nor idea, what, how and why at all.
And then there is my aunt from Silesia, whom we visited in my childhood. In high summer. On a farm. And this woman with her surely 100 kilos of body mass and in her flowered apron grabs me, lifts me up and I still have a trauma today from so much female bust.

Okay. The opulent opening of this perfume is over. Lastingly marked but still. After that, it is not necessarily more enjoyable for me. The penetrating cosmetic cloud turns into a somehow not quite want to round melange of dark chocolate, burnt coffee and the scuffed (art?) Leather couch in the rocker bar, whose attraction even I have never understood.

With a lot of goodwill, I also still perceive something slightly nutty. But the rest of the notes just go down.
Who likes the new Rhinoceros, is certainly well served here. I'm not quite warm here... too bad

Burn, Ben, Burn!
Burning Ben is a tribute to a character (Ben) from the movie "Burning" by South Korean director Lee Chang-dong. He tries to address the mystery of the world with this film. Something that obviously goes wrong, but nobody can say what. His aim is to depict the rage of today's youth - without perspectives, apathetically. A youth looking for a culprit for its misery.

Although the film does not fall directly into the LGBTIQ genre, Prin probably dedicated one of the most beautiful scents of his collection to this film, around a triangle relationship. And especially the character Ben. Ben himself is rich, handsome and the archetype of a winner. So he doesn't fit into the desperation of youth portrayed in the film. He is, perhaps, rather the reason or also the guilty one, who lets the destitute appear even poorer and more powerless. While he takes what he wants.

But let´s do it, step by step.

The story unfolds around Hae-mi, a dreamy young woman who sets off for Africa with her hard-earned money to find the meaning of her life. Before that she met Jong-su, a boy from her old school (and her hometown) by chance and the two spend time together. There will be more. When she asks Jong-su to look after her cat during her absence (and search for meaning) in Africa, he agrees. But he never sees the cat during the following weeks and at some point he doesn't believe that it exists anymore.

When Jong-su picks up Hae-mi at the airport after weeks, she introduces him to Ben, whom she met in Africa. From now on all three of them spend more time together and Jong-su can only watch Hae-mi decay more and more Ben. One evening, while eating together, Hae-mi explains in tears what a huge fear of dying she has. She'd rather just disappear, go up in smoke as if she never existed. She never exists. This very open and emotional moment and her tears are only acknowledged by Ben with a lack of understanding for the despair, inner conflict and life fears of "the others". He, Ben, never cried before.

At another meeting, under drugs, Jong-su confesses to Ben not only that he loves Hae-mi, but also tells him about the loss of his mother and how his father forced him to burn all things and souvenirs after her death. Ben uses this keyword to report on his "hobby": burning abandoned greenhouses. Ben's complete lack of empathy now contributes even more to Jong-su's despair and enemy image.

After a disturbing phone call from Hae-mi, in which only steps and screams can be heard, Jong-su now completely believes that Ben is trying to kill his beloved (Hae-mi). After that call, Hae-mi disappeared without a trace. He's watching all the greenhouses and also Ben to put him to death. One day, when he is caught by Ben and invited into his apartment in a confusing way, he meets a cat who hears the same first name as Hae-mis cat (whom he had never seen). He also finds, among many watches and bracelets, things at Ben that belonged to Hae-mi.

In the conversation Ben mentions that he also wondered how Hae-mi could just disappear. Like it's gone up in smoke. (Yes, almost the same words...)

Jong-su then lures Ben out of town. Kill him and pour gasoline over him, then burn him. Hae-mi disappears without a trace.

That's Burning Ben.

The scent smells of smoke and delicious coffee. It smells like wonderful, noble car seats (Ben's Porsche). It smells like expensive cognac. Simple, but expensive. Wealthy, but astonishingly unobtrusive.

He smells of the being and the end of Ben. (you have to watch the film!)

With his pretty, perfect face and the lack to see the world as more than just a playground of his desires.
SchatzSucher
Should I or should I not...
Write a memoir, I mean Whatever, but please don't tell me afterwards that I didn't warn him/her Because I don't want to offend anyone who likes that scent. But those who know me, know my sincerity in liking and disliking With Burning Ben it is unfortunately once again the second option.

In the wonderful and very informative commentary by Maggy4u you can learn the story behind the development of the fragrance.
For this, there is definitely my greatest appreciation.
I should have been warned after reading the scent pyramid, which is actually a string of fragments, and after some comments and statements from people on whose judgment I trust. This fragrance is not for me! Don't stick your nose in there, you'll burn it! That actually happened in the truest sense of the word.

I completely hide the story behind this fragrance and invent my own, artistic freedom
I see a room in front of me, but this room is not cosy and comfortable. A fire recently raged in this room and there are only smoking debris and remains. The smoke bites my eyes and nose, only disappears slowly and hesitantly. The formerly beautiful furnishings have been damaged, the noble wood charred and raven black, the comfortable leather armchair is only an ugly scaffolding with some hanging rags, remains of a meal are still vaguely visible and additionally spread an unpleasant smell.
It also seems that the owner did not manage to get to safety in time. And neither did the pet But out of decency and reverence I do not want to go into this in detail.
I want to leave this dark and smoky atmosphere quickly.

I find Burning Ben loud, intrusive, unpleasant and unbearable for me.
The given scent components seem to me very overloaded and so the scent seems to me. A bunch of ingredients that don't really fit together and so that it doesn't attract attention, the whole thing is covered with a huge amount of smoke A coffee note still peels out of everything, but this coffee stood forever on the hot plate and has now contracted to a tar-like substance. Such a coffee I once got served at 3:00 a.m. in a dim bar...

I ask myself, where should or can one wear this? But really only if you have a day when everything and everyone gets on your nerves and you want to signal "Leave me alone! Otherwise there will be confro!"
A confrontation is definitely Burning Ben for me.
I was actually not actively looking for scents of the brand Strangers.
However, samples of Burning Ben and some others were part of a small hiking package and so we tested diligently.
3 other fragrances I didn't like either and one is not bad.

As I have already noticed with Pryn Parfum, the handwriting of Prin Lomros does not suit me. I don't understand these scents and they don't open up to me This is too complex and too much for me. I guess I'm knitted too simple too, who knows Burning Ben reminds me of the Not Perfumes in its gloomy style. I can't tell you exactly which fragrance from the series. I have already deleted them from my memory again ;-)

As so often, I tell myself that if I don't like a fragrance, there is all the more for those who do.
So it is here too, to all who like Burning Ben, I wish you a lot of fun with it!
I enjoy other scents
The hiking package will continue hiking soon, there are other fragrances I am also curious about.
Once again I see myself confirmed in the fact that certain scents do not appeal to me.
Last but not least, after a thorough decontamination, uh washing, I can say again in a good mood:
Now don't take the slating away from me But he who does not test, remains stupid
It doesn't stink anymore, now I'm glad
The smell was getting on my nerves anyway
Defiant phase
This fragrance appears like an annoyingly olfactory toddler: loud and panting for attention. He wants too much in the toy or fragrance supermarket. Espresso with lots of sugar, leather, tobacco, incense and other heavyweights - they all want to play the first violin like little four-year-old egomaniacs. I also think that every single one of them is incredibly lovable and sweet on good days. But when I'm courting for the shrillest voice together, I'd rather be ripped off.

Stylistically it is a heavy, sweetish and slightly leathery smell of coffee and tobacco with a lot of pathos. Whew! At a first test I felt reminded of Luten's more solid "Fumerie Turque". The resemblance, however, is only partial and phased, because espresso and later frankincense alienate the impression and lead to an almost gourmandig sugary combination with incense, which is above all one thing: exhausting. Something new is emerging, but I find it unbalanced. The little one's just going crazy ...

More decency would be much better here. The smell, washed off my arm after a shower, is still clearly there, but now suddenly better: the heavy sweetness disappeared, the incense brighter and now his attention sure. More straightforwardness brings reassurance.
Now you can pick up Burning Ben from the children's paradise.

No, honestly, there is a lot here - of ingredients, impressions, and maybe even an idea: For me it feels like you want to create something very complex and special. So the smell is surely perceived also quite differently. This is too intentional for me, too theatrical in my performance, and therefore seems humorless. Composing scents around a story is exciting, but I want to be able to wear them - yes, even in "everyday life".

Experiments of this kind can be used, I personally need them less and less. A (!) so special perfume can do itself quite well in a collection. It doesn't really smell bad either. But if you don't just call yourself an "all-rounder", you might want to look around for something you like to use more often instead of just challenging the environment olfactorically on a riotous day :-)
Because a single occasion per year does not justify a purchase in my opinion, and I would not give more attention to this fragrance. But if you prefer to swim against the current and are also a coffee aunt, you should take a test. At least it's an interesting try. And that's something!

Conclusion in Newspeak: "too much" ...

... for me :-)

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 1 month ago
After a thick and boozy, smoky-spicy opening, this gently leathery and fruity, earthy-spicy fragrance, settles to a smooth earthy-woody base

by KatharinaG
by KatharinaG
by GewoonBB
by GewoonBB
by Maggy4u
by Maggy4u

Popular Strangers Parfumerie

Cigar Rum by Strangers Parfumerie Oliver by Strangers Parfumerie Gheorghe by Strangers Parfumerie Les Mauvais Garçons by Strangers Parfumerie SM Café by Strangers Parfumerie Aroon Sawat by Strangers Parfumerie Salted Green Mango by Strangers Parfumerie Ember by Strangers Parfumerie Wicked John by Strangers Parfumerie Cigar Rum Intense by Strangers Parfumerie San Clemente by Strangers Parfumerie Sangre Dulce by Strangers Parfumerie Scotch Peat by Strangers Parfumerie Fume Ma Peau by Strangers Parfumerie Maia by Strangers Parfumerie Lumberjack Cologne by Strangers Parfumerie Comme Un Carrousel by Strangers Parfumerie Kira Kira / きら きら by Strangers Parfumerie Eternal Summer by Strangers Parfumerie Iridescent Sky by Strangers Parfumerie