Baba Yaga (2013)Eau de Toilette

Baba Yaga (Eau de Toilette) by SuléKó
Bottle Design Joëlle Fèvre, Alain Fichot, La Manufacture de Porcelaine de Limoges Merigous

Baba Yaga (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by SuléKó for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is woody-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Submitted by Michael, last update on 09.03.2020.

In Slavic culture Baba Jaga is a mythological and fairy tale figure that is mostly described as an old crone living in the forest.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Baba Yaga (Eau de Parfum) by SuléKó, which differs in concentration.

10.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Baba Yaga
So I set out to find Baba Yaga and with her the elixir of memories Just like almost everyone who still believed in the stories of the elders, the stories of our world as it once was before everything changed forever; before many things that people once loved and believed to be guaranteed disappeared.

On my way I followed the vague descriptions that have been given to me over time. They all differed a little bit, but all pointed in the same direction.
Somehow I had to reach the eastern edge of the big city, which should not be an easy task.

If one left the centre, it quickly became deserted and inhospitable. The infrastructure functioned less and less and the environment became more and more barren and hostile.
Collapsed buildings from the most different epochs, broken and impassable roads as well as rejecting or unpleasantly curious figures accompanied me on my way further and further to the east.

The city seemed endless and my journey seemed more and more senseless. Only isolated encounters with other seekers kept my germ of hope alive to reach the border of the metropolis and find Baba Yaga.

The further I advanced, the more often I saw plants and here and there also a shy creature watching me from a safe distance. I knew plants and animals from the zoos and botanical gardens in the city centre. Out here, the visual impressions were suddenly joined by unfamiliar and strangely familiar smells, green and fresh, dark and tart, sweet and tantalizing, increasingly asserting themselves against the omnipresent smell of decaying man-made things.

And then came the birches and the junipers, at first sporadically between thinning buildings, then more and more. The white trunks and the bright foliage of the birch trees looked almost surreal in front of the almost permanently grey sky, which, however, more and more often revealed shreds of blue. My steps were now muffled by grass, moss and herbs on the ground and I felt imperceptibly lighter and lighter, more and more alert. I noticed more and more smells, all of which were wonderful in their own way.

I saw her sitting from a distance on a remnant of the wall of the partly decayed and very old industrial hall.
Baba Yaga.
A thin column of smoke rose from one of the half collapsed chimneys and there was a pleasant smell of incense.
She was writing down a little booklet in which she was writing little notes and looked interested in my direction from time to time while I approached her more and more calmly.
Her grey hair looked very well-groomed and her facial features were fine and sharply drawn. In a peculiar way she seemed ageless and at the same time like a creature that had been wandering through this beautiful heath and quiet birch forests for a long time.

As I stood opposite her and she smiled at me, a wave of joy rolled over me and her wink told me that I had understood ... that I had found what I was looking for
I closed my eyes and sucked in the scents of the world that surrounded me here and now. Peace embraced me like a gently blowing cloth
Baba Yaga took my hand, I opened my eyes and looked into her beautiful face. "Come inside, it's time to create your elixir. You already know what it's gonna smell like."

Well... the things scents can do to you. I am happy about everyone who has made it this far and maybe even enjoyed accompanying me on this little journey.
With "Baba Yaga" Cécile Zarokian has created a really fascinating fragrance for SuléKó, which I was able to get to know as EdT thanks to the dear x57deadsoulx. But the EdT is already so intense that I would probably approach the EdP with some respect.

The fragrances and the pyramid are absolutely reflected in "Baba Yaga".
It opens intensely citric and then quickly becomes very green and spicy peppery before juniper wood, subtle leather and pleasantly dosed patchouli join in It seems rather dry to me than - as often described here - mossy-woodsy.
I also find it much brighter than one might think
Two of my most treasured and iconic fragrances were constantly in my mind while wearing Baba Yaga yesterday and today. On the one hand the friendly-warm and archaic "Akkad" by Lubin and on the other hand the herbaceous and rather structured "Envy" by Gucci.
Baba Yaga has both in her, without clumsily copying them and baking them into a mélange.

I'm not sure if I want Baba Yaga yet. It is already demanding and can be strenuous at times. But it is also beautiful and has many interesting facets, which are worth getting to know!

With this in mind I wish you all a nice sunday and "Happy Sniffing" ;)
9.0 7.0 7.0 6.5/10

FabianO
At the beginning a nasty spice border sneezing attack, later half-heartedly nicely meant embracing attempts of a witch
So the witch from the old Russian fairy tales. The bottle (-coat) is already a beautiful eye-catcher, in the bathroom unquestionably an eye-catcher.

In the beginning it whips you through the nostrils. Lots of pepper, even more cloves make you ponder whether you have just accidentally sneezed into the spice cabinet. Nutmeg is still on top.

You have to wait a few (more) minutes until the witch calms down a bit. After all, (bitter)-orange works something against it, even a somewhat benevolently mild, almost soapy mid-pitch tone tries it with an at least half-hearted embrace.

Cinnamon and leather are also still used later and after about 20 min. the woman in the russian grove has gotten a little bit into her and won't become a host, who can be recommended by AirBnB because of his warmth, but who at least won't let you die of boredom like on one of these I-stand-some-times-as-every-3-hours-otherwise-in-the-buffet-snake-at-cruise ships.

"Baba Yaga" and I will certainly not become friends, the fragrance is too special for me, too carnation/pepper-heavy, but charisma and individuality, that's what he has, you have to let him have that.
9.0 7.0 7.0 7.5/10

Shaking
Paint the church of Avignon, leave it in the village!
First of all many thanks to Scentence who sent me a small sample of this fragrance!

First way:
I don't want to step on anyone's tie and find it really nice what associations a fragrance can evoke in some people.

With me this is not quite the case, or actually even contrary.
Although I can understand,but only after I've read the recessions,why the scent is perceived that way.
That's why the headline is deliberately chosen like this.

I smell first and foremost cloves, nutmeg, pepper (yes it may even be pink pepper) and wood.
(More about the wood later)

The fragrance goes directly into the solid when sprayed on for the first time and starts with a very distinctive pungency (clove and pepper), which is however soon weakened by a discreetly sweet note (might it be the orange?).
Anyone who has ever spiked oranges with carnations for Christmas will be able to imagine what I mean. Although the orange here is not dripping with juice, but rather somewhat dried out and wrinkled ☺

In the course of time, the nutmeg quickly joins in, underlining the bitter-sweet scent.

The clou, in my opinion, is the cade wood (juniper wood), which is used by many of this herbaceous, earthy "I am in a Provencal forest" to heat up head cinema.
(of course underpinned by the strong, tart notes of the spices)

But with forest, moss, mushrooms, witch women etc. this has nothing to do with it...for my part I see there rather a dry, sandy and barren heath landscape, with maybe a few scattered trees and the dry wind, with the sun above me, drives the smells of the plants into my nose...if I really concentrate on the scent.

For me this is rather a dry, slightly oriental scent (at least very southern scent), which in my eyes, has nothing to do with a forest gnome and moist mossy, deep forest.

The scent is by no means bad, but certainly not a mystical, dark secret that some want to see in it.

But maybe this is also the strength of "Baba Yaga" or of fragrances in general
You can kidnap anyone in a small, new world.

Durability and sillage are safely in the midfield.
The flacon design is beyond all doubt, but as described above, it does not correspond with the fragrance experience !
in any way

10.0 10.0 9.0/10

Greatly helpful Review
Dark black
Have you ever faced a black, big bull in a meadow?
They're powerful, powerful appearances. Respectful and strong.
They look dark and dangerous.
Everything around him seems to stand still, nobody moves. You look carefully to the left and right
in order to check in which direction one finds faster protection, should this black muscleman
suddenly go off. He fixes you and looks at you as if no hair can be crooked.
And then he just lowers his head, snorts with his big nostrils over the blades of grass, sucks the
The scent of the daisies comes in and trots away calmly.
That's how I feel about Baba Yaga. It's dark and mysterious. Hard, engaging and distant at the beginning and then becomes as madly gentle as a hand, hesitating but determined, approaches an anxious animal to caress it tenderly.
I love it when a scent is so changeable. Strong and powerful and just as gentle and homey.
Baba Yaga is said to be an old myth and fairy tale character who lives in the forest.
The "power" of the scents, I feel as described above, but it also raises memories of a dark, old forest. I love it when it's dark and mysterious.
There's so much to explore and see and smell. Touch and greet everything.
Baba Yaga is a woody green fragrance. Influenced by many times rain, sun, breaking moss and zich
different people and animal smells. Only fine particles that have settled on the ground of the dense forest over the decades. Thick bark protects the old trees, they appear almost leathery. If one strokes one's hand over its unevenness, it smells heavenly of leather and earth. Again and again small clearings, which bring in freshness and sparkling scent flashes. Wild and dangerous at the beginning and so protective with time the longer you walk through the forest.

by Kylesa
by Kylesa

Popular SuléKó

Baba Yaga (Eau de Parfum) by SuléKó Djélem by SuléKó *Albho- by SuléKó Vy Roza by SuléKó