Nankun Kodō by Sultan Pasha Attars

Nankun Kodō is a limited perfume by Sultan Pasha Attars for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is spicy-smoky. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production. Limited Edition

Cinnamon, Clove, Mysore sandalwood, Ambrette seed absolute, Musk, Fenugreek, Star anise, Black cumin, Hinoki cypress, Blue cypress, Heliotrope, Frankincense, Patchouli, Black ambergris, Benzoin siam, Oud, Ambrettolide

Submitted by MiaTrost, last update on 11.07.2019

Japanese Incense Captured In A Scent
I have to say he has captured the smell of Japanese Incense which is a remarkably achievement. I get smoky resinous spicy woods with cypress and it even has that incensey turpentine smell you get with some of the Japanese incense. I like it as I could light one of my incense sticks and get a similar smell.

Now the longevity was only two hours each time on my skin from two wearings and the scent is very subtle bordering on undetectable. You just get subtle wafts here and there. Now I like this scent but it's more of a artistic fragrance experience than something you would wear as a fragrance. If I wanted to smell this type of scent I would just light one of my Japanese incense sticks and enjoy a stronger incense experience. Though I take my hat off to Sultan Pasha for this realistic artistic creation, it actually does smell like Japanese incense and in that it's a achievement!

Ancient Japanese spice
Spicy yellow and red earth. Reminiscent of the remains of my Shoyeido incense, but this one is less floral and seductive than what I use. Nankun proposes an extremely contemplative route which is not the norm in perfumery where the aim is usually to seduce. Far from the world of scented gloves and boudoirs, this takes one back to sweet pungent trees and seeds of the earth. For monks and samurai.