Attar al Ghutra 2014

Attar al Ghutra by Swiss Arabian
Attar al Ghutra is a popular perfume by Swiss Arabian for men and was released in 2014. The scent is smoky-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin orange, Raspberry, Saffron, Thyme, Oud
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose, Jasmine, Patchouli, Frankincense, Oud
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Leather, Suede, Amber, Oud

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 02.11.2020.

Arabian Volkswagen
Yes, yes, the good old Volkswagen. A car for everyone with a very good durability, versatility of equipment but never at home in the premium segment ... (I don't want to sell a car to anyone here ;) that's not my intention at all but ...)

Yes the house Swiss Arabian reminds me a little bit of this comparison and if the Audis, BMWs and Benz of the Arabian fragrance industry are called perhaps Amouage, Tom Ford etc., then the house Swiss Arabian is definitely worth a look. Like my first own car back when I was 18 when it went to the Bund, Swiss Arabian is also one of my first brands not following the fragrance mainstream and I can say 3 purchases. 3 times very positively impressed.

For publication

Attar al Ghutra comes to my office in a very valuable package. The noble packaging, which could have come from the pen of any Apple packaging designer, makes me curious.
Unboxing... Colleague comes in WOW what is this, it cost 300€ Euro or what? I am smiling because I paid exactly 55€ for it and many expensive niche fragrances that I am now allowed to own, which cost many times more, do not come half as lovingly and well presented.
The flacon is of high quality (well, the brillies on the cap glitter very bling bling like) and is now finally made shorter by the cap.

To the fragrance

First thought very Arabic, masculine and has a lot.
The top notes of raspberries, saffron and oud fly towards me.
The incense and the rose come forward after 20-30 minutes and the fragrance develops. I discover smells from the kitchen.
Thyme is very present but also the sweetness of rose or raspberry and the powerful oud are present with opulent incense.

After 3-4 hours the friend says to me that I also have animal leather.
I really enjoy exploring the scent pyramid on my skin or on the polo shirt I wear.
When I come home in the evening at about 10 o'clock my daughter and my wife talked to me about the scent and I am glad to have sprayed only 2 strokes because Attar al Ghutra has power and is biting and penetrating with more than 2 strokes as I have tested in a self-experiment.
I like this scent very much and although it is a typical winter scent I can't resist to wear it in summer as well I can smell this fragrance on myself all the time, even now that I am enjoying my holiday in the evening on this mild summer night and am writing here for you again.

Overall, the fragrance is recommended for people who love Arabic fragrances or want to start buying them and do not want to spend 200-300€ to read on the counter. I, for one, think I will buy the fragrance again and like to wear it here and there.

Rquill67
A beastly leather... great performer!
Absolutely a must have for any fragrance collection. This is unmistakably a leather scent, and unlike Tom Ford’s Tuscan or Ombré Leather fragrances, this fragrance takes a completely different direction into the orient and exotic. There’s leather and suede in the top and base notes and leather stays prominent for the entire life of the fragrance on your skin. The saffron, patchouli, jasmine and amber take the leather notes to an entirely new level. This is a performance beast so be careful on the number of sprays. Definitely a fall and winter fragrance. You could wear to a special event in the evening. Would not suggest summer wear unless on a cool summer evening. Love this one!

SpicyDice
The macho BBQ sauce under the scents
Online I often read about Attar al Ghutra from Swiss Arabian and was of course curious. My first very positive experience I made with the Shaghaf Oud, which goes exactly in the direction I really like, slightly woody and sweet with a long shelf life, so of course I wanted to try this fragrance as well.

I just ordered a sample and it arrived right after one day. At first it reminded me a lot of Tom Ford Tuscan Leather, but that was relatively quick. The mix of the fresh and fruity top notes, with the quite prominent incense and woods generates a really very masculine and dark scent, which opens fresh.

Unfortunately I don't see the fragrance on my skin very often, but rather with young machos who want to make a statement. It is quite unique and has a damn good performance.
Also amazing was the price, around 50€ for 100ml, really crazy.

In itself a good fragrance, but too prominent and too masculine for me. So I can recommend it, but I won't buy it myself.
SchnüFFleRR
Yuqawam's sister likes to eat raspberries
Do you know this? One is just about to open up new worlds in terms of fragrance. After years of Dior, Bruno Banani and Jean Paul Gaultier, you discover Amuage, Tom Ford and Arabic niche houses. I would have wished that I had gotten this scent as one of my first "exotic" ones. What my nose had to go through in the beginning with Oud Wood or with Tobacco Oud was a hard beginning. I also had to get used to Rasasi La Yuqawam a little bit because for untrained noses the tobacco component can be very challenging and even a layman is not used to such scents at all
Attar al Ghutra does it differently. Sweet berry combined with leather and tobacco in an almost perfect, sensual way. Very sweet buried note that remains even in the dry down and helps the leather and tobacco to develop their sensuality. I have to admit that I love the fragrance as well because it contains an authentic raspberry note that runs like a red thread through the fragrance. At the beginning completely dominant later only as a companion. As already mentioned in the headline, it looks like the sweet-sweet sister variant of LY. If you are ready for something new and want a fragrance that has been processed to a high quality, you will find it here. Despite the uniqueness of the leather and the tobacco, it is good to smell for everyone and very sensual. This is rather rare with scents of this kind. So it has absolute niche quality! Could just as well come from the house of Tom Ford!
Falcon and sprayer are super high quality. Long does the scent last even just the projection could be better. People sitting next to you will not notice your perfume. But for "cuddle evenings" at home or at a nice evening with friends or even for a visit to the cinema very well suited, because the scent invites you to relax.
For me, the fragrance is definitely unisex as I could easily imagine it on women or even on my girlfriend. It's not a masculine Tom Ford tobacco oud or anything like that.
But if you like to wear sweet scents in general and prefer the scent of berries, leather and a hint of tobacco, the fragrance is highly recommended. For me one of the best handcrafted fragrances in my collection. Hats off!

Scent:
-Sweet variety of La Yuqawam (raspberry, leather, tobacco)
-First almost only sweet later leather tobacco in the background buried sweetness

Durability:
-On my skin about 7-10 hours

Sillage:
-Low/medium projection (not necessarily negative)
-No crass disturbing projection
-Rather close to the skin, which is pleasant because it doesn't take up the whole room.

Flacon:
-High-quality although not my colors but is suitable for the fragrance.
-Sprayer top!

Occasion and season:
-Winter scent / Autumn scent
-Evenings for two
-Walks
-Evenings at the cinema or with friends

For whom is the fragrance suitable?
Men and women
younger audience

Point of criticism:
maybe a little too sweet for many men
low projection

by Mann
by Mann

Popular Swiss Arabian

Casablanca by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud Abyad by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud by Swiss Arabian Dehn el Ood Mubarak by Swiss Arabian Nawaf by Swiss Arabian Sehr Al Sheila by Swiss Arabian Shumoukh Al Ghutra by Swiss Arabian Mukhalat Malaki by Swiss Arabian Rakaan (Eau de Parfum) by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud Aswad by Swiss Arabian Noora (Eau de Parfum) by Swiss Arabian Noora (Perfume Oil) by Swiss Arabian Al Basel by Swiss Arabian Attar al Sheila by Swiss Arabian Attar Mubakhar by Swiss Arabian Shawq by Swiss Arabian Mutamayez by Swiss Arabian Cupid by Swiss Arabian Nouf by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Men by Swiss Arabian