Casablanca 2016

Casablanca by Swiss Arabian
8.1 / 10 212 Ratings
Casablanca is a popular perfume by Swiss Arabian for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-fruity. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.
Top Notes Top Notes GrapeGrape AppleApple
Heart Notes Heart Notes PatchouliPatchouli Orris rootOrris root
Base Notes Base Notes AmberAmber BalsamBalsam MuskMusk VanillaVanilla
Submitted by ELDE, last update on 12.11.2022.

1 in-depth fragrance description
Very helpful Review 12
Fresh, light apple pie with caramel coating
It is a fragrance of my wife and also sprayed exclusively on her. She pulls a pleasant scent cloud behind her, which is not room-filling, however. He changes in the course only a little - mainly the intensity decreases with time.
The apple association I can well understand, because it's the same for me. Overall, an excellent fruity gourmand companion throughout the day with and even the following day still on the skin to smell. The durability is incredible.
I have already caught me several times, as I smelled the bottle during the day.

Fragrance | Opening: 8,5 A truly beautiful opening with a friendly fruity sweetness.
Fragrance | Middle: 8.5 Apple pie with caramel.... but the best apple pie. Where is my pie fork?
Scent | Drydown: 8.5 It stays fruity, though that very brightness eventually goes away.
Overall rating: 8.5

Silage: strong at the beginning, but then briskly rather medium (4-5 sprays)
Projection duration: 6-8 h
Perceptible on the skin: 32 h

The following batch was evaluated: SM078264D (produced in July 2020)
Fresh from the bathtub
Well... Now, of course, it depends on what bath additive you use. In any case, the bath salts would have to be sweet (maybe with a dash of apple flavoring) to describe the scent. Afterwards, I put on some gentle body lotion and snuggle into my freshly laundered comforter. I think that describes it quite well... Warm, soft, creamy, sweet and fresh. A true feel-good scent!
Less helpful Review 2
Very sweet
I am "newbie" in the perfume industry, but very curious... Because of the good reviews here I bought this perfume, because I think that I like gourmand and sweet scents. Casablanca is very sweet though, I have a hard time smelling individual components. Durability and sillage is very good. For me rather only a winter fragrance.
Jasminroedig
A nice apple pie, just unfortunately not meant to be eaten
This perfume seems to be a must-taste among gourmand lovers. Of course I'm weak, I mean how could I resist Casablanca? A gourmand, without the popular vanilla, which my nose also reluctantly renounces. Whether Casablanca has convinced me, ... ?

The first sniff:
The lid removed and directly blows you the top note, a juicy, crisp apple, against. Grapes I do not really recognize here, maybe I'm just not very often come into contact with this fragrance. I have to admit, I liked the top, despite the synthetic, sweet as a button apple. Unfortunately, you don't get much out of it as the top of the pyramid fades away after a few seconds. Well let's see what happens.

The development:
What is clear is that Casablanca retains its moisture, which after about a minute merges with a barely animalic musk. I would not describe the heart as very floral, rather as spicy-fruity. Patchouli holds back here namely very much, but for that you get the iris, which contributes here considerably to the fragrance experience.
To be honest, it is so:
I myself rarely wear full-blooded gourmands in my everyday life or at work, with me in the hospital. Here I use fragrances that are safe and not potential headache producers. The iris manages to give this gourmand a tunedown, though. It is mainly, (with participation of the woods) that makes the fragrance wonderfully wearable.
What you also look in vain here, is the typical-creamy sweetness of vanilla. Instead, you get a decent load of caramel, which together with the iris, scoops up a gourmand that seems barely edible.
Picture this: You're standing outside a very swanky patisserie on an autumnal morning, peering through the shop window, your gaze lingering on a succulent apple pie glistening with syrup. As you step over the threshold, a sweet breeze wafts towards you, of course... that's the pie. Only this pastry is not meant to be eaten, rather it is meant to lure customers into the shop by its appearance and aroma. What can I say... i think he's done that Let's move on to the balm, which also makes its presence known fairly early on. The listed Peru Balsam provides the typical reaction that is triggered in the nose when dealing with balsamic scents. But don't worry, the whole thing isn't unpleasant and in fact, it's only noticeable if you're actively paying attention. The balsam adds freshness to the perfume, which is very well integrated into the spicy sweetness here. Suede I find here, by the way, not at all...
After 15 minutes, it smells then the most beautiful, here every fragrance note has found its place and so the fragrance then remains. A change worth mentioning I no longer noticed.

Conclusion:
For me, Casablanca tends to the women because of the overhang to the fruity-sweet Gourmands, even if I got a compliment from a man directly at the order. I also think that many young ladies can wear this one as a signature, but unfortunately I do not count among them.
For me, it is the composition as a whole that unfortunately led to headaches.
Feel free to tell me what your impression of Casablanca is :)

Rquill67
Opens fruity and stays that way...
This fragrance opens fruity and sweet and stays that way through the mid and the dry-down. So it’s a linear scent. Not bad just doesn’t have a story or change very much. The fruitiness comes from the Apple and Grapes and the sweetness comes from the caramel and amber. I don’t smell any woods, leather or patchouli. Just sharp juicy fruits and sweetness. Definitely unisex. Not necessarily feminine or masculine. Right in the middle. I give this fragrance a 7 / 10 and glad to have another Swiss Arabian fragrance in my collection. But it doesn’t wow me. I will wear this one all year round.

2 short views on the fragrance
EuzEuz 3 years ago
Don't be fooled, it's nothing like Gaulier2 or Altamir, it's a sweet, fruity scent while Gaulier is a dusty amber based frag.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
An oriental blend similar to Gaultier2 and Altamir. It means that Casablanca is a sweet pleasant eastern scent but I would stick to Altamir.

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

9 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Swiss Arabian

Dehn el Oud Mubarak by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud Abyad by Swiss Arabian Dehn el Ood Shaheen by Swiss Arabian Attar al Ghutra by Swiss Arabian Sehr Al Sheila by Swiss Arabian Nawaf by Swiss Arabian Shumoukh Al Ghutra by Swiss Arabian Gharaam by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud Aswad by Swiss Arabian Mukhalat Malaki by Swiss Arabian Shawq by Swiss Arabian Wajd by Swiss Arabian Rakaan (Eau de Parfum) by Swiss Arabian Pure Instinct by Swiss Arabian Noora (Perfume Oil) by Swiss Arabian Noora (Eau de Parfum) by Swiss Arabian Cupid by Swiss Arabian Al Basel by Swiss Arabian Oud Maknoon by Swiss Arabian