Casablanca 2016

Casablanca by Swiss Arabian
Casablanca is a popular perfume by Swiss Arabian for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesGrapeGrape
Peru balsamPeru balsam
MuskMusk
SuedeSuede
Caramel syrupCaramel syrup

Submitted by ELDE, last update on 15.10.2021.

KarlssonDach
Fresh, light apple pie with caramel coating
It is a fragrance of my wife and also sprayed exclusively on her. She pulls a pleasant scent cloud behind her, which is not room-filling, however. He changes in the course only a little - mainly the intensity decreases with time.
The apple association I can well understand, because it's the same for me. Overall, an excellent fruity gourmand companion throughout the day with and even the following day still on the skin to smell. The durability is incredible.
I have already caught me several times, as I smelled the bottle during the day.

Fragrance | Opening: 8,5 A truly beautiful opening with a friendly fruity sweetness.
Fragrance | Middle: 8.5 Apple pie with caramel.... but the best apple pie. Where is my pie fork?
Scent | Drydown: 8.5 It stays fruity, though that very brightness eventually goes away.
Overall rating: 8.5

Silage: strong at the beginning, but then briskly rather medium (4-5 sprays)
Projection duration: 6-8 h
Perceptible on the skin: 32 h

The following batch was evaluated: SM078264D (produced in July 2020)
Fresh from the bathtub
Well... Now, of course, it depends on what bath additive you use. In any case, the bath salts would have to be sweet (maybe with a dash of apple flavoring) to describe the scent. Afterwards, I put on some gentle body lotion and snuggle into my freshly laundered comforter. I think that describes it quite well... Warm, soft, creamy, sweet and fresh. A true feel-good scent!
Very sweet
I am "newbie" in the perfume industry, but very curious... Because of the good reviews here I bought this perfume, because I think that I like gourmand and sweet scents. Casablanca is very sweet though, I have a hard time smelling individual components. Durability and sillage is very good. For me rather only a winter fragrance.
Jasminroedig
A nice apple pie, just unfortunately not meant to be eaten
This perfume seems to be a must-taste among gourmand lovers. Of course I'm weak, I mean how could I resist Casablanca? A gourmand, without the popular vanilla, which my nose also reluctantly renounces. Whether Casablanca has convinced me, ... ?

The first sniff:
The lid removed and directly blows you the top note, a juicy, crisp apple, against. Grapes I do not really recognize here, maybe I'm just not very often come into contact with this fragrance. I have to admit, I liked the top, despite the synthetic, sweet as a button apple. Unfortunately, you don't get much out of it as the top of the pyramid fades away after a few seconds. Well let's see what happens.

The development:
What is clear is that Casablanca retains its moisture, which after about a minute merges with a barely animalic musk. I would not describe the heart as very floral, rather as spicy-fruity. Patchouli holds back here namely very much, but for that you get the iris, which contributes here considerably to the fragrance experience.
To be honest, it is so:
I myself rarely wear full-blooded gourmands in my everyday life or at work, with me in the hospital. Here I use fragrances that are safe and not potential headache producers. The iris manages to give this gourmand a tunedown, though. It is mainly, (with participation of the woods) that makes the fragrance wonderfully wearable.
What you also look in vain here, is the typical-creamy sweetness of vanilla. Instead, you get a decent load of caramel, which together with the iris, scoops up a gourmand that seems barely edible.
Picture this: You're standing outside a very swanky patisserie on an autumnal morning, peering through the shop window, your gaze lingering on a succulent apple pie glistening with syrup. As you step over the threshold, a sweet breeze wafts towards you, of course... that's the pie. Only this pastry is not meant to be eaten, rather it is meant to lure customers into the shop by its appearance and aroma. What can I say... i think he's done that Let's move on to the balm, which also makes its presence known fairly early on. The listed Peru Balsam provides the typical reaction that is triggered in the nose when dealing with balsamic scents. But don't worry, the whole thing isn't unpleasant and in fact, it's only noticeable if you're actively paying attention. The balsam adds freshness to the perfume, which is very well integrated into the spicy sweetness here. Suede I find here, by the way, not at all...
After 15 minutes, it smells then the most beautiful, here every fragrance note has found its place and so the fragrance then remains. A change worth mentioning I no longer noticed.

Conclusion:
For me, Casablanca tends to the women because of the overhang to the fruity-sweet Gourmands, even if I got a compliment from a man directly at the order. I also think that many young ladies can wear this one as a signature, but unfortunately I do not count among them.
For me, it is the composition as a whole that unfortunately led to headaches.
Feel free to tell me what your impression of Casablanca is :)

Rquill67
Opens fruity and stays that way...
This fragrance opens fruity and sweet and stays that way through the mid and the dry-down. So it’s a linear scent. Not bad just doesn’t have a story or change very much. The fruitiness comes from the Apple and Grapes and the sweetness comes from the caramel and amber. I don’t smell any woods, leather or patchouli. Just sharp juicy fruits and sweetness. Definitely unisex. Not necessarily feminine or masculine. Right in the middle. I give this fragrance a 7 / 10 and glad to have another Swiss Arabian fragrance in my collection. But it doesn’t wow me. I will wear this one all year round.
Soft opulence
A few years ago, when I was not yet interested in fragrances, I would have imagined a prototype perfume: engaging, delicious, a little seductive. An accessory that has two main goals - to attract attention (positively). Then, at some point, my fragrance journey began, and in the meantime I don't see it that closely anymore. Nevertheless, when (re)wearing the Casablanca I had to think of this clarity of my naïve years, when perfume was still "functional" for me in a non-negative sense.

Casablanca awakens western-filtered fantasies of an "oriental" city full of scents, 1001 nights, hustle and bustle, colourful historical buildings, embraced by the desert, kissed by the sun. This smoothed image is likely to relate to the reality of life in Casablanca, a metropolis of 3.36 million inhabitants, like an Instagram self-portrait of real people. It is not a look (want) at reality, but a staging. More Casablanca film than "Sky over the desert".

Casablanca opens with a soft, (not pointed) sour sweetness, which is why "apple" and "grape" are good associations. The fragrance itself seems to me to be relatively linear, but over time a little dry woodiness in the background of the soft opulence of this delicately sweet fragrance creates a bed to rest on. "Caramel" could indicate that we are dealing with a caries scent - but that's not the case; the sweetness doesn't kill (me). In my opinion, what distinguishes it is that, despite all the "humming around", it still allows air to breathe. A warm (because it has a balsamic touch), slightly fruity, delicious fragrance, which in my opinion suits ladies better than gentlemen. But perhaps it is also just unisex. Although Casablanca seems to be made for the cold season, it also wears well in midsummer - tested last year at 30 degrees at a company party. But you have to like this sweet genre. That's why I rarely wear it, even if I have to say subjectively-objectively: It's really a good thing when: you don't expect art; no complexity; no "niche" experiments. Because it is very smooth and uncomplicated in its design. But I like it
Shelf life and Sillage: each really good, but not yet in the "premium segment".

Flacon: slim and slender glass with rounded edges. A little wobbly on its legs. The plastic cap does not sit very firmly on the bottle. Overall okay for the price (25-30,-/100ml, that's really fair).
Denise1410
"Hello, I greet you!" ....
...I am also greeted every day at work by an employee of the airport, accompanied by a small bow and prayerful hands carried before me. I can safely say that I have never met a more polite person in my life who throws himself into his greeting with such fervour that I turn red every time.
The man is a small Arab-looking gentleman, always very well-groomed and pulling a silage of scents behind him, which nobody can ignore. And he smells, as would be stereotypically demanded of him, after a thousand and one nights. More precisely, after candied apple with some cinnamon and cardamom, accompanied by cloves and other treasures from the Orient.

Now to the subject at hand, Casablanca. I ordered the scent blind, I read so many good comments and the comparison with Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana (my favorite summer scent) .
When I first tried it out, he stood in front of me again, this polite man with his veil of fragrance, who accompanies him like a flying carpet, woven from all the sweets and spices that the oriental market has to offer.
I was a little disappointed because of that, not because I don't like the scent, it smells very pleasant at the said gentleman, but he is nothing for me. The apple can be compared to Light Blue, but it is much sweeter and covered with a tart spice netting. He lacks the freshness that makes Light Blue so attractive to me. It is rather balsamic, very warm and spicy, never scratchy but just too tart for me to consider. So I gave him to my husband and he loves him... me too, but only to him, not to me.

The silage is stunning, two sprayers are enough, and the whole apartment smells of spicy apple and that even after hours.
For me it's not a Light Blue dupe, but who has anything against a trip in the Orient Express ;) For me only as a guest, but I like to be taken along.

Basti87
Insider tip for fans of sweet fragrances
Swiss Arabian, another great brand from Dubai, which sells its fragrances below value in my opinion. Similar to Al Haramain and Rasasi. Some have a strong oriental touch and some less like this one. From the Swiss Arabian brand I also have the strong Interlude Man twin Shaghaf Oud Abyad which is a real hit. I've been interested in this Casablanca for some time now. The pyramid reads beautifully and as a fan of sweet scents of course top. I'm surprised there's no Kommenatr on this. But insider tips are always great and mostly very unique like most brands from Dubai.

First of all, of course, I have to praise the price-performance ratio. One gets a high-quality and above all really long-lasting smell with strong Sillage. And that for 30 to 40 Euro a 100ml. Very strong. This is also an Eau de Parfum, which also comes from the strength.
The bottle is very attractive and elegant. The name Casablanca does not have much in common with the fragrance. Could also fit any other city, as it is a sweet fragrance without reference to the capital of Morocco.
You have to be a fan of sweet fragrances. For many gentlemen this will be too sweet, but with today's sweet trend it is also wearable as a man. Should fit the guy, though. A good choice for ladies, too. Everyone has to decide for himself.
The DNA of the fragrance reminds me slightly of Light Blue by D&G or Versace Man Eau Fraiche. The citric is of course not present here, but the DNA is similar. Here apple is very present. The indicated grape can also be guessed. It has something of dextrose, which comes across very delicious with the apple. The basic DNA is active over the entire course and changes only slightly. What is also active over the entire course is caramel. It smells as if the composition had been covered with caramel. Very tasty and very pleasant at cool temperatures. The fragrance also has something sensual and balsamic about it. Despite its great sweetness, the fragrance is never too penetrating, as the sweetness meets a balanced mixture. Also reminiscent of Black XS by Paco Rabanne. If you like this fragrance, you'll probably like it too. Nevertheless very unique, due to this beautiful apple-grape-caramel note.
All in all a fragrance that can be worn well on cold days, but also on mild ones. Thanks to its bombastic performance, it can also be used for many purposes. The stability is well over 10 hours and the Sillage is very good, but also not too much. Well dosed and successful.

A great fragrance that not everyone has and actually only on the Internet to have. He has earned the high rating, even though only 40 people have voted

EuzEuz 2 years ago
Don't be fooled, it's nothing like Gaulier2 or Altamir, it's a sweet, fruity scent while Gaulier is a dusty amber based frag.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
An oriental blend similar to Gaultier2 and Altamir. It means that Casablanca is a sweet pleasant eastern scent but I would stick to Altamir.

by Irini
by StefanKrenn
by Tom27
by Tom27

Popular Swiss Arabian

Shaghaf Oud by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud Abyad by Swiss Arabian Dehn el Oud Mubarak by Swiss Arabian Attar al Ghutra by Swiss Arabian Dehn el Ood Shaheen by Swiss Arabian Gharaam by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud Aswad by Swiss Arabian Nawaf by Swiss Arabian Sehr Al Sheila by Swiss Arabian Shumoukh Al Ghutra by Swiss Arabian Mukhalat Malaki by Swiss Arabian Shawq by Swiss Arabian Rakaan (Eau de Parfum) by Swiss Arabian Al Basel by Swiss Arabian Attar Mubakhar by Swiss Arabian Pure Instinct by Swiss Arabian Noora (Eau de Parfum) by Swiss Arabian Mutamayez by Swiss Arabian Oud Maknoon by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Men by Swiss Arabian