Mutamayez

Mutamayez by Swiss Arabian
Mutamayez is a popular perfume by Swiss Arabian for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is spicy-woody. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesOrange, Pine
Heart Notes Heart NotesClove, Cardamom, Cedarwood, Cashmere wood
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, Oud, Amber, Musk

Submitted by Globetrotter, last update on 28.07.2020.

5.5

Rquill67
Not completely sold on this one!
I'm not sure I'm totally sold on this one. There was a lot of hype in the fragrance community so I blind bought - will keep trying. Mutamayez is a sexy and delicious fragrance! It’s masculine, smells a little mysterious. I can definitely smell the orange and pine in the opening but not too strong (just enough); then the woods, spices and amber. The pine, vetiver and musk provide a placeholder, while the rest of the notes shine through to keep this warm and sensual. If you like more mass-appealing scents, then perhaps a good starter from Swiss Arabian?

The ugly Duckling
Sometimes we come across very difficult perfumes to classify in our tastes, or, at least, know for sure if we like them or not, because they have very nice things that we like very much, and others that we dislike. Well, that's how I meet Mutamayez, I don't know if I like it, I dislike it or I love it, because I have all these feelings with him.

The beginning of this perfume is pleasant but strange, it smells like a candied oranges on a creamy wood, but far from feeling crisp and natural, it is as if all this was opaque by a dusty veil, which nuances and is only perceived An echo of the aroma. It smells good, but it doesn't quite convince me, although you have to give it time, because the drying is spectacular. Drying is a spicy and sweet wood, to take off your hat.

I don't like the beginning much, then, little by little, I start to like it, and more and more, until there comes a time in the drying, which I love, and from there, it is amazingly beautiful.

As for his resemblance to M7 of YSL, now that I have it and have tried it several times, I can tell you that the final drying, after a few hours, does resemble the drying of M7, but the rest of the perfume , do not.

The duration is quite good, overcoming the 8-hour skin barrier, but with a moderate wake at all times, perhaps something more pronounced and heavy in the first hours of the application, and then somewhat more timid.

It is a perfume of cold and temperate climates, and indifferently for day or night, but not very suitable for days of extreme heat, it could easily tire.

For the beginning, I find a perfume difficult to recommend, it is strange with that orange powdered over blurred woods, although it is true that it is very original, you will never have smelled anything like it, but ..., drying, it is wonderful, and its Price, ridiculous, so, you will know if you are interested or not, I, just for drying the perfume, keep my bottle to enjoy it from time to time.

The M7 very casual ressemblance
Mutamayez translates into “something special”. And in fact this perfume is "somewhat" special.
Although, due to its scent and place of birth, this fragrance can be considered as Oriental, we could be dealing with a fragrance made by a western designer as well.
This fragrance has clearly 4 stages:
- After a generous spritz from the very good sprayer you receive a blast of alcohol together with a strong mature semi sweet orange. It's a cloying orange for my taste, and the scent becomes even stranger with a coniferous touch that does not really combine with the stronger orange note.
- The alcohol disapears in 20 seconds unveiling the two mentioned notes. You also notice the emerging spices and woody notes. Definitely my sinus does not like the mixture of orange with pine or cloves. And the cloves note becomes to strong, overpowering the nice cardamom as well the cashemere and cedar woody notes. Thankfully the clove note (and the cardamom) doesn't last long. The woody notes endure till the third phase.
- With the arrival of the bottom notes, you still feal a skirmish with a strong vetiver trying to dominate the ambiance backed up by a bit animalic musk. It seems that the scent development doesn't have a clear plan to follow. The other newcomers - oud and amber - are more peaceful and wait for their very important scene domination.
- After the initial alf an hour, truces are declared and the very nice well behaved oud and the sweet amber commence their drydown pleasant journey. In this phase, if you sprayed one hand with Mutamayez and the other with YSL M7, you only notice a small scent difference between the two of them. What a lovely scent you get now, and it lasts for more than 8 hours with 2 big sprays.

My rates for Swiss Arabian Mutamayez:
______________________________________________________________________________________________
Scent Opening: 5.0 (awkward opening; I don't like it much)
Scent Dry Down: 9.0 (very pleasant)
Longevity: 8.0 (up to 8 hours with two sprays)
Sillage: 7.5 (up to 5~6 feet at its peak with 2 sprays; average projection for 1.5 hours)
Uniqueness: 9.0 (preety unique to me but becomes similar to M7 during the drydown)
Wearability: 8.0 (It leans more to day time during Winter, Spring and Fall, although I consider perfectly safe to use it also at night. Summer freshy nights are also adequate for this fragrance)
Versatility: 8.0 (Safe fragrance for leisure and work situations. I consider it to be unisex)
Compliments: 6.5 (a few just during the drydown)
Quality: 8.0 (my judgement)
Presentation: 5.0 (acceptable but I don't like the strong yellow bottle color)
Price: 9.5 (100 ml non tester for 18 Euros + shipping)
Overall rating: 7.59 / 10.0
- between 7 and 8 =above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recomended;
- bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
I recommend this fragrance for colectioners due to its M7 similarity in the drydown. But as with any other oriental oud perfume, I also recomend that you try it before buying it.
For the M7 enthusiasts: It's not a Xerox copy of it. But for the price you may well give it a try.
Wow...
Well, that's a bang, I had read it was an M7 Dupe and so I just put it into the shopping cart, but I didn't expect this one to be so much better. Creamy oud smell not too sweet not too spicy just perfect. The optimal everyday scent with a unique selling point

MihaiuMihaiu 2 years ago
citrusy, resinous & delicious sweetness. it is like honey & tangerine hard candy + pine resin. makes me feel younger and optimistic :)
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
Many people claim this fragrance to be the second YSL M7. That ressemblance is casual and happens only in the drydown. Try before you buy.

by Globetrotter
by Globetrotter
by Vmaster
by Vmaster
by KC2503
by KC2503

Popular Swiss Arabian

Casablanca by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud Abyad by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud by Swiss Arabian Attar al Ghutra by Swiss Arabian Dehn el Ood Mubarak by Swiss Arabian Nawaf by Swiss Arabian Sehr Al Sheila by Swiss Arabian Shumoukh Al Ghutra by Swiss Arabian Mukhalat Malaki by Swiss Arabian Rakaan (Eau de Parfum) by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud Aswad by Swiss Arabian Noora (Eau de Parfum) by Swiss Arabian Noora (Perfume Oil) by Swiss Arabian Al Basel by Swiss Arabian Attar al Sheila by Swiss Arabian Shawq by Swiss Arabian Attar Mubakhar by Swiss Arabian Cupid by Swiss Arabian Nouf by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Men by Swiss Arabian