Mutamayez

Mutamayez by Swiss Arabian
Mutamayez is a popular perfume by Swiss Arabian for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is spicy-woody. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesCypressCypress SpicesSpices
Heart Notes Heart NotesVetiverVetiver SpicesSpices AmberAmber
Base Notes Base NotesCashmere woodCashmere wood VanillaVanilla OudOud

Submitted by Globetrotter, last update on 07.05.2022.

5.5

Rquill67
Not completely sold on this one!
I'm not sure I'm totally sold on this one. There was a lot of hype in the fragrance community so I blind bought - will keep trying. Mutamayez is a sexy and delicious fragrance! It’s masculine, smells a little mysterious. I can definitely smell the orange and pine in the opening but not too strong (just enough); then the woods, spices and amber. The pine, vetiver and musk provide a placeholder, while the rest of the notes shine through to keep this warm and sensual. If you like more mass-appealing scents, then perhaps a good starter from Swiss Arabian?

The ugly Duckling
Sometimes we come across very difficult perfumes to classify in our tastes, or, at least, know for sure if we like them or not, because they have very nice things that we like very much, and others that we dislike. Well, that's how I meet Mutamayez, I don't know if I like it, I dislike it or I love it, because I have all these feelings with him.

The beginning of this perfume is pleasant but strange, it smells like a candied oranges on a creamy wood, but far from feeling crisp and natural, it is as if all this was opaque by a dusty veil, which nuances and is only perceived An echo of the aroma. It smells good, but it doesn't quite convince me, although you have to give it time, because the drying is spectacular. Drying is a spicy and sweet wood, to take off your hat.

I don't like the beginning much, then, little by little, I start to like it, and more and more, until there comes a time in the drying, which I love, and from there, it is amazingly beautiful.

As for his resemblance to M7 of YSL, now that I have it and have tried it several times, I can tell you that the final drying, after a few hours, does resemble the drying of M7, but the rest of the perfume , do not.

The duration is quite good, overcoming the 8-hour skin barrier, but with a moderate wake at all times, perhaps something more pronounced and heavy in the first hours of the application, and then somewhat more timid.

It is a perfume of cold and temperate climates, and indifferently for day or night, but not very suitable for days of extreme heat, it could easily tire.

For the beginning, I find a perfume difficult to recommend, it is strange with that orange powdered over blurred woods, although it is true that it is very original, you will never have smelled anything like it, but ..., drying, it is wonderful, and its Price, ridiculous, so, you will know if you are interested or not, I, just for drying the perfume, keep my bottle to enjoy it from time to time.

Nauseated by an orangy drink mix and pleasured by an M7 resemblance
Mutamayez translates as "something special" in Arabic. And indeed, this perfume is "somewhat different". It is special in a bad way because I always got nauseated by this fragrance opening. It is special in a good way because I have always felt comfortably pleasured with the fragrance drydown.
Due to its scent and origin, this fragrance could be considered oriental, at least by its birthplace. In reality, we are dealing with a woody fragrance that could be made by a western designer as well.
This fragrance clearly has 4 distinct phases:
- After a generous spritz from the very good spray, you get a blast of alcohol along with a strong, ripe semi-sweet candied orange. The scent is just too "Tang Orange" for my taste. The aroma gets even weirder with a coniferous and clove touch. That accord doesn't really combine with the candied orange synthetic note.
- The alcohol disappears within 20 seconds, fully revealing the mentioned notes. Emerging spicy and woody notes are also noticeable now. Definitely, my sinus doesn't like the mixture of orange with pine or clove. The clove note becomes too intense, but on a pair with pleasant cardamom, cashmere and cedar notes. Fortunately, the clove accord doesn't last too long. The woody notes last until the third phase.
- With the arrival of the bottom notes, you feel a skirmish commanded by strong vetiver trying to dominate the atmosphere supported by animalistic musk. It seems that the scent development has no clear plan to follow. Other newcomers - oud and amber - are more peaceful and waiting for their very important dominant role in the perfume theatre stage.
- After the initial half-hour, the truce is declared and the very well behaved oud and sweet amber begin their pleasant journey of dryness. At this stage, if you had sprayed one hand with Mutamayez and the other with "M7 (Eau de Toilette) | Yves Saint Laurent", you would only notice a slight difference between the two hands. Finally, we get the lovely smell we were hoping for. It lasts for over 8 hours with 3 great sprays and has average sillage.

My classifications for Mutamayez:
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
Scent Opening: 4.0 (awkward opening with candied orange and a coniferous touch; I don't like it)
Dry Down Scent: 9.0 (very pleasant woody base drying with oud and sweet amber)
Longevity: 8.0 (8 hours with three sprays)
Sillage: 7.5 (up to 5~6 feet at its peak with 3 sprays; average projection for 1.5 hours)
Uniqueness: 9.0 (quite unique to me, even if not in a good way; It becomes similar to M7 during drought)
Wearability: 8.0 (it leans more towards daylight during winter, spring and autumn, although I consider it perfectly safe to use it at night as well. Cool summer nights are also suitable for this fragrance)
Versatility: 8.0 (the fragrance is a safe one for leisure and work situations. I consider it unisex)
Compliments: 6.5 (you will get a few compliments but only during the drydown)
Quality: 8.0 (sturdy flask; ingredients quality is ok, or even better than average; only the blending design is under average)
Presentation: 6.0 (acceptable but I don't like the bottle flashy yellow colour)
Price: 9.5 (100 ml non-tasting for 18 Euro + shipping)
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
Overall Rating: 7.59 / 10.0
- between 7 and 8 = more than average;
- between 8 and 9 = recommended;
- greater than 9 = do not miss;

My opinions:
- I recommend this fragrance only for collectors because of its M7 similarity during the dryness. As with any other oriental oud perfume, I also recommend you try it before you buy it. As far as I am concerned, I don't like to use it at any time. I don't seem to be able to forget the awkward opening.
- Just for M7 enthusiasts: It does not smell like an M7 xerox copy in the drydown, but is close by. But for the price, you might as well try it.

Music: Gipsy Kings - "Djobi, Djoba" (I never understood if I love or hate this song)
Wow...
Well, that's a bang, I had read it was an M7 Dupe and so I just put it into the shopping cart, but I didn't expect this one to be so much better. Creamy oud smell not too sweet not too spicy just perfect. The optimal everyday scent with a unique selling point

MihaiuMihaiu 3 years ago
citrusy, resinous & delicious sweetness. it is like honey & tangerine hard candy + pine resin. makes me feel younger and optimistic
Carlitos01Carlitos01 4 years ago
Many people claim this fragrance to be the second YSL M7. That ressemblance is casual and happens only in the drydown. Try before you buy.

by Globetrotter
by Globetrotter
by Vmaster
by Vmaster
by KC2503
by KC2503

Popular by Swiss Arabian

Dehn el Oud Mubarak by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud by Swiss Arabian Casablanca by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud Abyad by Swiss Arabian Dehn el Ood Shaheen by Swiss Arabian Gharaam by Swiss Arabian Attar al Ghutra by Swiss Arabian Nawaf by Swiss Arabian Sehr Al Sheila by Swiss Arabian Wajd by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud Aswad by Swiss Arabian Rakaan (Eau de Parfum) by Swiss Arabian Shawq by Swiss Arabian Pure Instinct by Swiss Arabian Mukhalat Malaki by Swiss Arabian Shumoukh Al Ghutra by Swiss Arabian Attar Mubakhar by Swiss Arabian Walaa by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Men by Swiss Arabian Al Basel by Swiss Arabian