Nawaf by Swiss Arabian
Nawaf is a popular perfume by Swiss Arabian for men and was released in 2012. The scent is oriental-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesOudOud SaffronSaffron
Heart Notes Heart NotesSandalwoodSandalwood AmberAmber MuskMusk
Base Notes Base NotesLeatherLeather TobaccoTobacco

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 25.04.2022.

The dark knight rises
Never judge a fragrance from the 1st try.
This is another situation in my case in which this rule applies.
At first, I felt like "ewww, I must return this" but I gave it some time and it changed my world.
If you like fragrances like TF Noir Anthracite, Dior Fahrenheit, TF Tobacco Oud, Gucci Guilty Absolute, Interlude man and this realm with burnt leather, burnt tar, burnt rubber and those dark nuances, woody, resinous and thick elements, you will love this. It is a very very complex fragrance for my taste. I feel also some Mhyrr in it, some smokey incense and an old church vibe, a very mature vibe and an ultra masculine feel.
Fall and Winter will suit this the best, no doubt. Only for a night out, nothing for indoors, IMO.

Performance ? 10+ hours, beast mode gem right here.
Sillage and projection are great as well. Spray it once in your room, leave and come back few hours later. You will still feel it there, in the air.

Price ? Absolutely worth it. Very cheap most of the times.

I will give it an additional 10/10 for the presentation. VERY heavy bottle and cap, kinda metallic and very very "handsome" looking.
I guess this is my #1 fragrance at the moment from this sphere of incense, woody, burnt and dark nuances.

I love the fact that this fragrance smells really expensive, if you ask me.
You have to try it !

Overall : 9.1/10

A mysterious Arabian tale
[short review]
This oriental fragrance is a masculine ode to oud. It's seasoned by hot spices, oriental balms, dark amber, animalic leather and sweet warm tobacco. Its seductive wave begins in the bottle itself, strangely designed but visually imposing and pleasant. It is heavy, hard and made of high quality materials.
Its scent backbone, from the first spray until the end of the drydown, is based on a strong but tamed arabic oud note and without any references to barnyard scents or carcass aromas. It's neither a western and medicinal nor a stinky agarwood despite its strength and projection. After this strongly seductive burnt wood opening, there are slight nuances of saffron and cumin seeds, as well strong balsamic vectors of incense swirling around the persistent oud. For the bottom notes, oud is blended with a very alluring amber, acords of strong and piercing animalic leather and with the warm sweetness of a languorous warm tobacco.
This is typically the fragrance we imagine to be used by an adventurous Prince Aladdin or in Princess Scheherazade 1001 seduction nights... lucky Arabian princes!
The long drydown still gives you hints of the alluring oud in an ambery and sweet smooth ambiance.
Its performance is well above average and the perfume accompanies us for an entire day and a long night focusing the surrounding people attention on us. Its blending is exemplary and, as a whole, this perfume becomes quite singular and very desirable. The ingredients used seem to be of superior quality and very natural.
Due to its uniqueness, It's not easy to establish a reference for a similar fragrance. But I assume the risk of referring Kalemat Black by Arabian Oud.
A collection of oriental perfumes becomes poor without this precious Nawaf jewel. I can only recommend this superior oriental fragrance.

Music: Will Smith - "Arabian Nights"
A bewitching confusion
"Nawaf" is an oud scent. That now sounds more like boredom than joy. The market is more than saturated, the train has already passed through the station three times. But wait! "Nawaf" can do more than the usual eagle-wood ruminant. I can confirm the comparison to the Ferrari price hit, once a short test of this was enough. Doesn't bother me much.

"Nawaf" sounds like dog barking and smells like a warm blanket of dry tobacco and moist oud, plus a good shot of saffron and something cocoa-like - a cacophony that works and beguiles. Dark and creamy, with harsh facets and soft edges. A beautiful Halloween scent full of brown tones and Arabic sounds, without planing away too oriental. Since I like saffron, he's got a rock in my board anyway. Who can buy little from this spice, may go a bow. "Nawaf" smells like a royal shisha bar, far sweeter and more expensive than he is. The complete package is right and carries self-confidence and wealth on the forehead without showing off.

Flacon: heavy, hard, quite high quality - a blackjack
Sillage: has ups and downs, but usually draws attention to itself
Shelf life: don't think about leaving - over 10 hours.

Conclusion: like an autumnal layer of leaves, cosiness, tobacco and oud. If you don't mind the compote-like composition, you might come across a favourite. The opposite of a frippery perfume

A spectacular incense wood
This perfume is amazing, of incredible quality, an intense arabesque aroma, very durable and with an extraordinary projection, the only bad thing, because, we can only find 50ml bottles of this exotic concoction, a pity, because of a perfume like that, I would buy liter jars, although we can not complain much, since its price is unbeatable and really ridiculous for everything it offers.

The bottle in the hands is a preciousness, offering us visual clues of the elixir that contains its interior. An elixir that starts with a resinous and sweet incense, with a slight woody bottom of oud. This beginning, soon acquires a very spicy effervescent sensation, where the saffron and the caraway, make of theirs, with a little leather, feeling the aroma very spicy and dirty, but nothing unpleasant. Then, it begins to sweeten a tad, but it is not a sugary or cloying sweetness, it is a balmy and resinous sweetness, contributed by the labdanum, which perfectly balances a mixture of leather and oud with slight spicy nuances, spectacular. From here you start to feel the tobacco in the mix, but in principle it is tenuous and slight, highlighting in this part the leather, very well mixed with a little bit of oud, a tad of tobacco and the right touch of spicy sweetness, I do not know how to describe it, I'm flattered, but it's a wonder. In the drying, the leather lowers in intensity, although it does not disappear, and tobacco is more clearly visible, but very well feted by the leather and the oud, and this time, seasoned by a mysterious halo of somewhat spicy incense, and the fair point of sweet labdanum, amazing and without anything to envy to perfumes niche, or designer, or the mother who pario. If you know Azza Silver of this same house, you can have an orientation of how the final drying of this perfume, smell similar, not exactly the same, but it is true that they share a similar vibration at the end of their lives.

I do not know if I have described well its development, because it is a very complex and changing aroma, every time I smelled it on my wrist, I noticed different perceptions and it was very difficult to establish a pattern in its development, sometimes there were nuances, which then , when I thought they were lost, I noticed them again, as I say, a very changeable and interesting perfume, especially in its first hour on the skin, then it calms down and stays for a longer time unchanged.

The performance of this beast is deadly, has been radiating on my skin for more than 10 hours, and I do not know if more, because I went to sleep and could not specify more, but even in the morning you could feel a light halo of this nectar hanging around my wrist. The projection is very good too, at least 2 hours is very intense, then it calms down a bit, but it still feels good. Exceptional performance

As it is appreciated in its description, it is not a perfume for anybody, nor for any occasion, it has a very marked character and I only see it use in particular occasions, specials and formal events. And how could it be otherwise, it is the perfume of cold or temperate climates and generally for night use, although in a morning event of a cool day, it is an exceptional weapon, surely you do not go unnoticed, but forget about this in summer if You do not want to go killing people in your path.

The perfume I did not like, I LOVED IT !!, has everything I can ask for a perfume, a precious fragrance, intense, lasting and projects like a jealous rook, and above with a ridiculous price, is Can you ask for more? Yes, the bottle is of a bestial quality, it is like a resin with a metallic sensation and super hard, at first I thought it would be metal, because it weighs a lot and is cold with balls, but I do not think it is, even so, only for the bottle is worth the disbursement, which, by the way, is minimal, not like other houses that leak water at the price of gold.

If you like woody aromas, intense, incensed, rough hides, spicy, and all with just the right sweetness, you can not stop trying it, now, forget the westernized woods and leathers and open your mind, because start your journey to Orient…

Sorry for my bad english.

Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
Amazing bottle, amazing performance and amazing juice. Oud with a balsamic and resinous sweetness, spicy saffron & animalic hints. A jewal!
DarkbeatDarkbeat 4 years ago
A forceful oriental, a mixture of woods, incense, spices and resins, spectacular. A great perfume at a ridiculous price, highly recommended.

by Carslk76
by Carslk76
by Michael0815
by Michael0815

Popular by Swiss Arabian

Dehn el Oud Mubarak by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud by Swiss Arabian Casablanca by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud Abyad by Swiss Arabian Dehn el Ood Shaheen by Swiss Arabian Attar al Ghutra by Swiss Arabian Gharaam by Swiss Arabian Sehr Al Sheila by Swiss Arabian Wajd by Swiss Arabian Shawq by Swiss Arabian Rakaan (Eau de Parfum) by Swiss Arabian Mukhalat Malaki by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud Aswad by Swiss Arabian Shumoukh Al Ghutra by Swiss Arabian Attar Mubakhar by Swiss Arabian Pure Instinct by Swiss Arabian Oud Maknoon by Swiss Arabian Al Basel by Swiss Arabian Mutamayez by Swiss Arabian Noora (Perfume Oil) by Swiss Arabian