Shaghaf Oud 2016

Shaghaf Oud by Swiss Arabian
Shaghaf Oud is a popular perfume by Swiss Arabian for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesSaffronSaffron
Heart Notes Heart NotesRoseRose
OudOud
Base Notes Base NotesPralinéPraliné
VanillaVanilla
OudOud

Submitted by Schakaa, last update on 24.09.2021.

Sticky baklava
If I'm honest, I was very skeptical for a long time what the apparent buyer from the house of Swiss Arabian concerned. I was already a little busy with the subject of oud and could hardly imagine that at the price called a passable oud fragrance was to be expected, nor why such a fuss was made about him. Despite my skepticism, I did not want to pigeonhole him in advance, but at least give him a chance out of my interest.

As luck would have it, a nice conversation with a perfumer resulted in a bottling being on its way to me very soon. Unfortunately, the fragrance mail did not make it to me undamaged, which is why again quite a while went into the country, until a new filling made its way to me.

I must say that I was very excited about what would await me after the first spraying, although my expectations were not extremely high. First of all, I took a quite sharp combination of rose and saffron in the head. I found both the saffron and the rose used here to be extremely synthetic and pungent. So pungent, in fact, that I first perceived the opening as quite unpleasant. After the first surge of fragrance had passed, the sharpness also settled relatively quickly and made way for a clearly perceptible oud accord.

Why chord?

Even if the oud note is well implemented here and comes across fine, bright and woody, I do not expect to find real oud in this price category. Regardless, the accord comes across quite solid and can be absorbed into the category of light-woody ouds, which are usually quite pleasant for Western noses. So the first impression confirmed my assumption that I was basically dealing with a rose oud scent. So far, so good.

Then, however, it became abruptly sweet and sticky, because the praline and vanilla notes were not long in coming and ensured that the fragrance drifted in a strongly gourmand direction. Really, I didn't have to think long about what Shaghaf Oud reminded me of now - fresh baklava with rose water. And just as you can be overwhelmed by just one piece of this really very sweet seduction, the same happens here if you press the spray head a little too often. And even though I am one of the faction who likes to apply 10+ sprays, I have to say that I can only dose Shaghaf Oud sparingly. Because it's the gourmand notes that make the scent pungent and unpleasantly sweet on the nose, causing mild nausea.

And that brings us to what I consider the biggest shortcoming of Shaghaf Oud - the implementation. In principle, you can not complain about the offered at the price, however, it lacks me here clearly in subtlety in the implementation. You get a brute perfomance, but just as brute and ungraceful present themselves the individual notes, so the fragrance is for me only in the good midfield. All in all, you get a conventional rose oud scent with a sticky sweet gourmand twist. Who likes sugar-sweet fragrances is well advised here, all others should perhaps sample it once before.
PapaDennis
Charming gold in the form of rose and oud
When I take this perfume out of its packaging, I see gold, more than gold.
For my taste visually too much, it seems cheap, he still feels good, high quality.

The first spray by a tester immediately intrigued me and the confirmation of my girlfriend that she liked the fragrance confirmed me.

So it should be now, an offer comes and I strike.
Rose Oud should it be so. For many a no-go for me heavenly.

The at the beginning strongly staged saffron tickles my nose so much that I have to sneeze from it, but
the pleasant scent of the rose oud mixture here lets me love this perfume.

This said mixture lasts for a long time.
The durability and the Sillage inspire me, besides the view that this fragrance has an almost unbeatable price.

To fade away, the vanilla and the praline comes to the fore so beautifully charming that in my thoughts once again the YES to this fragrance resounds - that's it.

For me in my collection one of the greatest fragrances, because just also inexpensive.

For Rose Oud lovers I think there is no evasion!
The price-performance monster
Moin people,
There are few fragrances that I count to the "non plus ultra spectrum" of the perfume world, however, this is a perfume that definitely belongs there.
Don't let the 7.9 rating fool you, even though it's not really bad. Still, an Orient lover will most likely not rate this fragrance below 8.5.
An absolutely elegant chocolate with present oud and a fine vanilla note. Really great! What makes this fragrance stand out once again is the monstrous longevity and sillage. Guys, I am someone who is into fragrances who wants an H/S of the vintage versions of Joop! Homme Eau de Toilette and Kouros Eau de Toilette and I know what fragrance bombs they were back then and still are for many and right here I can tell you YES! Finally a fragrance that can play in this league. At least 16 hours of longevity with sillage throughout.... fantastic. If you want to stand out, you can't go wrong with this fragrance. However, in my opinion, this fragrance can be worn by more reserved individuals due to its gentle scent profile. A unisex masterpiece with a H/S that is second to none. A must-have for this price!
Love greetings

5 stars across the board
Sprayed it around 8pm and still smelled it on me 12hrs later. Wow what a fragrance! The best part is the price which is just about $50. That is truly a bargain. It is an oud based scent with a heavy dose of saffron in the opening. It's mainly a linear scent which is fine because i love the smell. Swiss Arabian has been putting out quality products since 1974 so they've been around a while. Do yourself a favor and pick up a bottle of this juice today.
The Orient to bite into
I bought the fragrance blind at the time and it was love at first spray..
This combination between Rose Oud on the one hand and on the other hand this Gourmandige..simply a dream!

The fragrance starts with a medicinal pungent note, is that the saffron? I do not know.
But then it goes over into spicy and there comes the rose oud combo paired with a dark chocolate and a hint of vanilla..extremely delicious!

Actually, I would wear this fragrance only in autumn or winter but I find just to the warmer season also very cool, because he develops there again differently with the skin chemistry.

For me, this is one of the best Oriental entry-level unisex fragrances in the range of under 50 €
I would even go out on a limb and say that you get to 100 € nothing better in the range.

The H / S can definitely be seen!
8-12 durability
And the projection is over 5-6 room filling, so watch out!
Sometimes less is more, I think you're good with 3-5 sprays.

In conclusion, if someone is looking for an oriental fragrance that does not cost much but performs, is hereby very well advised!
1001 Nights in a bottle
A cool breeze, in Dubai, you walk down the street left and right you see palm trees at the edge of the road.
The side streets flow through the scent of but many oriental spices, which are not stuck in the nose, but caress them lovingly. This association is experienced as soon as one ,this masterpiece on the skin applies.

A fragrance that reminds one of the Disney film 1001 Nights.

Who applies Shaghaf of oud gets to first a sweet vanillege note, which gets with the help of saffron a spicy component, rose penetrates the fragrance only subtly, the smell is perfect with the help of a very very noble smelling oud.
Swiss Arabian manages to create a fragrance, which fulfills the potential in, the Nieschenwelt to put a Tom Ford in the shade.

When do I recommend this masterpiece...

- Autumn / winter / spring
- as a date fragrance
- for bars in the evening hours

It is important to be careful with the dosage. This fragrance polarizes!
Three sprays are enough perfectly ;)

H+S are above average 12 hours plus

A how I find absolute recommendation to everyone, the oriental oud fragrances loves.
Dubai Luxury
First..the Shaghaf reeks of big money and luxury boutiques in Dubai, no one would guess the very reasonable price!

I stroll through an oriental market, strong spices like saffron alternate with heavy floral scents, from the desert the wind blows over the flirty hot sand, noble horses swirl it. Beside me stands a proud, dark, handsome man, very erect, a hawk on his hand. I look into almost black eyes and smell his perfume! The wind blows my silk scarf before my eyes......the scent lingers......I wake up........a dream??....But there is that scent......sel
Prince from Dubai
Short and sweet,

Opening Light saffron with rose and oud
Later luxury Praline rounded with light vanilla.
That's it but it's awesome! Also meant for women.
Durability is better than any of Parfums de Marley about 20 hours, but please only 2 to max 3 spritzes apply even if so little comes out, the Sillgae is a bomb explosion.
Only for people who want to smell like a prince slightly feminine (but not ik negative sense)
Chocolate Beast!
The fragrance is a beast... Durability is insane as well as the sillage...Very sweet, almost toouu sweet but definitely also wearable by men. No office fragrance:-) fits great for autumn, winter or cold summer evenings. 2 sprüher are here completely enough to be perceived for the next 10 hours. Top perfume.
Oud Rose Vanilla Praline Battle
In the right corner (on the right arm): Lancôme's "Ôud Bouquet" (OB). On the left, the challenger "Shaghaf Oud" (SO), traded as the perfect dupe.

Conclusion up front:
Not a perfect dupe, but the differences are on my skin only in direct comparison to erschnuppern. But the two Ouds are very similar, so SO can pass as a much cheaper alternative with equal durability and sillage. In both cases, one pulls the same, clearly perceptible fragrance trail behind him...

With SO, the "medical" of the oud is more present in the first moment, with OB comes immediately powdery-vanilla rose with, which makes the oud softer already in the top note and recedes faster. Overall, OB is a bit more refined, round, sweet, gourmand in my nose, SO on the other hand is more one-dimensional with slightly more concise oud. Even though an untrained nose can probably hardly smell out any differences, I end up liking OB better. In any case, you don't need both if you can already call OB your own. If you are still looking for an olfactory upgrade to SO, a test smelling of OB can be worthwhile.

MikaelMikael 2 months ago
If you want to smell like a lady from the middle east, go ahead.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Warm, cozy, gourmand, powerful and long-lasting.
SpicyDiceSpicyDice 1 year ago
Großartiger süßer Duft mit einem herrlichen Mix aus Puder, Rose und Holz!
KimJongKimJong 2 years ago
It's quite sweet and feminine, but practical choice for the price. Honest instead of complicated, sharp instead of delicate.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 2 years ago
Beautiful. Chocolate vanilla nutty oud....with a very slight rose hint. A new favourite
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 2 years ago
Specially recommended to vanilla lovers. A Deep hint of vanilla and praliné which gives to the classical rose-oud a different character
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
The fragrance sweetens a lot with notes of praline & vanilla. You travel through the dry down with a rosy sweet Oud for quite a long time.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 3 years ago
Smooth vanilla with a rose opening. Nothing amazing
DavidBrazDavidBraz 3 years ago
Bit off putting with a medicinal oud in the first 15m. Than u get an excellent combo of chocolate+vanilla. Classy gourmandish & subtle rose!

by Raulski
by Tox707
by Schnupperl
by Schnupperl

Popular Swiss Arabian

Casablanca by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud Abyad by Swiss Arabian Dehn el Oud Mubarak by Swiss Arabian Attar al Ghutra by Swiss Arabian Gharaam by Swiss Arabian Nawaf by Swiss Arabian Dehn el Ood Shaheen by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud Aswad by Swiss Arabian Sehr Al Sheila by Swiss Arabian Shumoukh Al Ghutra by Swiss Arabian Mukhalat Malaki by Swiss Arabian Shawq by Swiss Arabian Rakaan (Eau de Parfum) by Swiss Arabian Al Basel by Swiss Arabian Attar Mubakhar by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Men by Swiss Arabian Noora (Eau de Parfum) by Swiss Arabian Mutamayez by Swiss Arabian Oud Maknoon by Swiss Arabian Cupid by Swiss Arabian