Shaghaf Oud 2016

Shaghaf Oud by Swiss Arabian
Shaghaf Oud is a popular perfume by Swiss Arabian for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is oriental-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesSaffron
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose, Oud
Base Notes Base NotesPraliné, Vanilla, Oud

Submitted by Schakaa, last update on 29.10.2020.

Warm, sweet and harmonious
I dedicate my first comment on Parfumo to this fragrance here.

After searching for hours for a fragrance that 1. contains oud as a scent, 2. is wearable in everyday life and from which you can't get enough, I thought while reading the comments: This must be it!

Since I have never bought a fragrance blind, I was very sceptical about whether I should really dare to do so. But when I saw the price, I knew what I had to do next.
After two days he was there.
I opened the packaging, pulled the cap off the unusual bottle and sprayed it onto a test strip first.

I would like to clarify my thoughts on the fragrance.

Imagine you have finally arrived after a long journey by plane at the place where you have been thinking about the last 8 hours of your journey. Your hotel room is in the centre of the town. The city is quiet and yet lively. There is a warm light on the houses and the market place. A building catches your eye. A chocolatier, not far from the balcony of your hotel room. You are curious and open the balcony door.

Bam. The scent gets in your face. The smell of the warm city. The sweet one from the chocolatier's shop, which doesn't necessarily smell of chocolate, but simply sweet and a feeling of security, as if you have been to this city before.
"The harmony of this town, I'm used to it"
So much for my association with scent.

It smells sweet, slightly hot at the beginning (I think this is the saffron) and after a while the oud comes out dark and contributes to the hamony of the fragrance.
The durability is outstanding as well as the sillage. All in all for the price in no way to beat.
I dared to approach the fragrant oud in this way and I can't imagine a better way to do it.

I hope I could convince you of the fragrance in my first comment! Forgive me grammar and spelling mistakes. I am not very good at expressing my thoughts in texts.
Alilove
"Smells so good..." Dubai invites you for an exclusive tour of the city
After I had been seduced for a long time by rather rounded, sweet and seductive fragrance essences, I wanted to venture into something new, dark, mysterious and angular... "Guilty" for my change in the world of fragrances were also mystical acquaintances from distant countries, who revealed to me the access to the supernatural. The smell of incense from incense and sage, thick old books that hide so many secrets, leather and herbs burned into my subconscious. I had to find a fragrance that would do justice to my imagination and bring this very special feeling of these past impressions to life again and again.
Now that my third eye was open, I felt a daily inner urge to occupy myself more with the 2000 year old gold of nature; the fragrance "Oud", which is extracted from the resin of the eagle tree, which regularly opened the door to the Occident in my dreams. But the first period of searching was marked by disappointments. Again and again I visited old, rustic perfumeries, which almost drowned in their thousand bottles. But nobody could light my fire. Again and again I sniffed at an essence reminiscent of chemistry lessons. An Oud, which biting through my brain like lightning and leaving a sweaty note "Could that be all?!" I asked myself.
After researching on my own, I found what I was looking for and after a short time I held the golden treasure of Arabia in my hands. I cannot describe how excited I was when I sniffed the first spray; it was an explosion! At first you are overwhelmed by a heavy, slightly synthetic pointed oud, reminiscent of an old library, which quickly becomes velvety soft and releases the full beauty of the praline and vanilla. The shelf life is incredible and if you don't overdo it with the spraying, you will be enveloped and kissed all day long by a noble, sweet, sweet, oriental scent, reminiscent of an exciting city trip to distant, pulsating Dubai. Exceptionally dreamlike and unbeatable for the price!

Intoxicating...
Shaghaf Oud from Swiss Arabian is intoxicating, sensual and sweet. I own a few Swiss Arabian fragrances and while this is in the same vein as Shaghaf Oud Abyad it’s less incense and smoke. I really like the caramel, vanilla and Oud. The Oud is synthetic of course but well done. If you like middle eastern fragrances you’ll love this one. 9 / 10 for me. I’m glad I added this to my collection.
SchnüFFleRR
The king in the peasant dress
in the Middle Ages it was not unusual for the nobility to mingle unnoticed among the "simple folk". This happened for reasons of conviviality, opinion polls or to escape the court. To do this, however, even the finest of gentlemen had to disguise themselves, remove their pomp and slip into simple robes.

This metaphor always comes to mind when I think of Shaghaf Oud, which may not be as impressive as most niche perfumes in terms of price and presentation, but which does have "noble blood" inside.

I was allowed to sniff my way through a few rose-oud combinations in the niche sector but in the end the small, simple Shaghaf Oud was usually the most convincing fragrance composition for me. The perfume hits the skin with an almost brutal force. Houses like Dior, Prada or Chanel could learn a lot from silage and durability. I like to be the type of scent lover who has to exaggerate with his spraying and also likes to apply more than 5-8 sprays of his scents. (Often to the chagrin of my environment)
But even I have to slow down here. More than 2 sprayers and my environment is fogged in. Therefore my tip, be careful with the dosage. I have a few powerhouses in my collection, but I would definitely choose this one as one of my strongest, if not the strongest.

The fragrance itself is very pleasant to wear, despite its crisp appearance. The rose is very soft and vanilla. The character of the fragrance is quite linear, but that doesn't really bother me with this scent, because the gentle composition always has a calming effect on the nose. I see the fragrance more on a mature, self-confident woman, but nevertheless it is also absolutely wearable for men who can identify with the sweet powerhouse. For me the fragrance comes best in the deep winter. It accompanied me on many cold hikes or walks. The Sillage is with me about 7-9 hours, the shelf life is over 12 hours.

Finally, I would like to add that if the fragrance had been launched by Tom Ford, Parfums de Marly or Initio etc., no one would be able to complain about the quality.
For me, Shaghaf Oud is the niche fragrance from the "cheap assortment" that offers an incredible price-performance ratio.
That's probably why he can be called king of the cheapies.
Long live the king!
In the golden peasant dress!

Genie in a bottle
On a wonderful Sunday for a barbecue, I made a date with a friend who has been testing a lot of perfumes lately. On said Sunday we were sitting at the table and he gave me two samples without me knowing which direction it would go. One was Oud for Greatness by Initio and Shaghaf Oud.
Unfortunately the Oud for Greatness did not appeal to me at all, I can only describe it as a too pungent smell in my nose without knowing exactly which note disturbed me.

The other arm (Shanghaf Oud), on the other hand, was a real pleasure from the beginning to the end the next day. It opens sweetishly rosy and over time a wonderful woody note develops in this mix.
All in all, the fragrance is of course not suitable for the summer, as it is already very heavy and also has a damn good durability.

At first I did not know how much or little the perfume cost and assumed that you had to put 150€ for 50ml on the table and order it for 25€ (60€ RRP) for 75ml. Simply a crazy price/performance ratio!

Now, if you're worried about smelling like Granny through the rose, I can put your mind at rest. Shaghaf Oud is in contrast to his comrade-in-arms Shaghaf Oud Aswad really rather woody, powdery and sweetish and the rose is noticeable but in a very pleasant way and not the main note as in Aswad.

So I can really recommend the Shaghaf Oud to everyone who is enthusiastic about sweetish woody scents!
Niche fragrance at the Hofer Prize
I'm honest, I can't remember how Shaghaf Oud ended up on my watch list.
Maybe it was another evening where I sat in front of the computer until 2am and watched videos about some scents. Or maybe I read a blog entry and put it on my watch list. I really don't know anymore.

Anyway, he was now on my watch list and I ordered some bottlings, also from Shaghaf Oud.
But what I do know is that this scent took me completely by surprise. Positively, definitely. I just like this vanilla-ud combination, what can I say? It was sprayed on my left arm and Oud for Greatness on my right. So the two were in direct comparison. I asked five different people over the day which one they thought was better. Clear thing 5 to 0 for my left arm, for Shaghaf Oud. Did I expect that? Absolutely not. I'm still surprised at how good that smell is.
The durability is also quite a funny thing. 9.2 rating sounds like something. But it's not wrong there. 11 o'clock sprayed, 10 o'clock still smelled after the shower. Simply insanity!
Yesterday I carried him again and he was the first thing I smelled this morning
I also applied both fragrances (Oud for Greatness/Shaghaf Oud) to a friend of mine. He was blown away and ordered a bottle right that evening. Of course I ordered myself as well. Also the next morning I got a feedback from him, you can still smell the perfume!

Anyone who might like this fragrance should try it. I can only recommend it highly. Now I just have to find out who gave me the idea for this work of art (for a small thaler).

A gourmandish oud beast
Shaghaf Oud is an absolutely beast mode of a fragrance, so take that as a warning to go lightly on the trigger or you'll choke everyone out.

I'd classify this as a gourmand oud where the praline and vanilla gives it a very sweet opening. So be aware that it is very sweet because if you aren't into gourmands then there are probably better oud alternatives.

I ended up selling my bottle as I prefer different ouds that are less sweet, but darker (gucci intense) or fresher (aqcua di parma), and I just couldn't see when I'd wear this. This could work well outdoor for the Winter or the cooler half of Fall.

All in all, you get tremendous bang for your buck here if you're into sweets and oud.
LeGourmetNRW
Rose Oud chocolate in the golden bottle
Shaghaf Oud was recommended to me by a good friend when I was asked what good "beginner" oud fragrance there is here. I think for 25€ you can't do anything wrong and like to try it.
What was delivered to my office a few days later still makes me think.

Especially with good oud fragrances one quickly pays 25€ for a small bottling of 5-10 ML and the undoubtedly excellent niches like designer fragrances in the oud segment cost from 150€ upwards.

This fragrance is a POWER MONSTER from head to toe and lasts 12 hours and upwards on my skin. It is the fragrance with the longest durability in my collection. The sensual rose as well as the austere and dominant oud combine to a holiday memory from 1001 nights. This is very pleasant and also smells natural and not synthetic or even chemical.

There is absolutely nothing for me to criticize or criticize about this fragrance. Even the somewhat cheap-looking golden bottle cannot be criticized for the demanded price and I wonder if I own a comparable product for such a modest purchase price.
Shaghaf Oud LEVES from the simplicity and intensity of its few ingredients.

Saffron, lots of rose, some chocolate, GAAAANZ lots of Oud

Everyone should try the fragrance of the
Rose Oud scents mag
Would like to try Oud
oriental scents search

and really everyone of the

is looking for a price performance benchmark.
Chocolate from 1001 nights
For me oriental fragrances always have something special. Mystical, smoky, woody, aromatic, they can cast a spell over you. Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud was a blind purchase from me. For the cheap price of just over 20€ it was worth a try. First I expected to find this well known rose oud mixture, which you can find in many oud scents by now.

Shaghaf Oud opens very spicy and slightly smoky with saffron - well, I couldn't have said it was saffron, but that's roughly how saffron must smell in perfumes. This spiciness remains in the top note for quite a while. It's not at all like a classic rose oud at first. But the more the top note retreats, the more the rose emerges and comes along with a chocolaty sweetness. Hand in hand the two come more into the limelight, but the spice from the beginning remains constantly covered in the shadow of the two but does not disappear. The rose is dark, subtle, restrained. Furthermore I find the rose to be not very long in its splendour. After a while in the drydown then more vanilla, a little oud, a bit of what is indicated here as praline in the base note. The scents are all easy to distinguish and the fragrance is also clearly perceptible. The oud is not extremely strong, but the entire fragrance in its composition should be enjoyed with caution. I would also advise that the oud is synthetic and not natural, especially for this price. The rose probably isn't either, considering that these two oils are among the most expensive of all.

Better to spray a little less than too much, because I would not classify Shaghaf Oud as a fragrance that is perceived as positive by everyone in the environment. In fact, I made my first odour test of Shaghaf Oud when I went to the Christmas market. I had just sprayed two gentle strokes on my wrist. My companion could perceive this perfume very clearly in the mass of people without knowing that the perfume was from me. I almost chose this perfume as my Christmas Eve fragrance, but it was too delicate for me. But if you want to stand out, you are very well served here. Sillage strong, durability with me about 7 hours if I apply discreetly.

Price/performance ratio definitely top! But I don't think that Shaghaf Oud is a beginner's fragrance for rose-ud combinations. Yes - absolutely unique and striking but please apply it with feeling ;-)
The Golden Fleece
The myth:
Once upon a time there lived a bohemian king named Athamas, who had become a stranger to his wife Nephele. Thereupon he took Ino, the daughter of the Kadmos, as his new wife. But Ino hated her stepchildren Helle and especially the pretender to the throne Phrixos. That's why she wanted her own son who would take over his father's inheritance. But Nephele realized that because of the jealous stepmother her children were in danger. Therefore she called the gods to help her and Hermes sent her Chrysomeles, who flew her two children on his back east across the strait that separated Europe and Asia.
But when the ram had almost crossed this strait, Helle's daughter fell into the water. The ram, however, flew on and dropped Phrixos in Colchis on the Black Sea. This country was ruled by King Aietes. Out of gratitude that the gods had saved Phrixos, Chrysomeles was sacrificed in the temple of Zeus. (note text taken from wikia.org)

So much gold on the bottle. So blinding.
Somehow this story from Greek mythology came to my mind immediately. But why actually?
I imagine how the ram, equipped with speech and the ability to fly and with a golden coat, glides through the air with the two children entrusted to it. I find Shaghaf Oud as soft and grippy as its fur. One in which you can dig your fingers so nicely and feel the small resistance of the dense curls. The animal-leather that flows out of it is wonderfully pleasant and homely due to the body warmth and the sun.
And somehow I know the course of the story a little differently, especially fragrant... (blinking).

The golden ram Chrysomeles flew low over fields and forests with the two children. He took in the wood notes of the trees and the children also breathed in the breeze of the trees. The journey continued over wide saffron fields. The animal laid its flight so low that the children lowered themselves far down at the side of it and dug into the curls with one hand while stretched out with the other hand over the flowers. The agitated dust from the calyxes of the flowers whirled behind them through the warm summer air as if startled, before they slowly and in an orderly fashion descended back down to the flowers and the ground. When the ram climbed higher again at the end of the fields, its young travellers held on to their fur with their hands dusted by the flowers. In an instant, the slightly bitter but aromatic spice of saffron combined with the animal's curly hair and rose as a fragrant note of it on the faces and further up into the air.
The journey stretched over endless lush green meadows and colourful, fragrant rose groves, where the girl asked the ram to put it down for a moment so that she could pick the most beautiful of the flowers from it. No one knew whether the children would ever be able to live as carefree as before. And so the animal granted the girl's wish and let her roam through the roses for a moment and acquire a particularly full-bodied piece of it.
While the ride went on immediately, the girl sniffed again and again at the beautiful rose, under it rising from the animal, the warm note of fur, the saffron dust distributed in it and the fine vapours of the woods, meadows and groves behind them. A wonderful and captivating fragrance played around his nose. Meanwhile the ram left solid land behind and flew over the sea. Soon they would have reached their destination. The girl, however, was so taken with the mixture of aromas that she let go of the ram for a moment to lead her rose to her nose with both hands and to dip it completely into the pleasantly scented petals. Then suddenly it lost its balance and fell from the animal down into the sea, where the waves immediately devoured it. In order not to endanger the second life entrusted to him, the ram decided against searching for the girl, who was indeed lost, and now took the boy safely across the waters to Colchis, the destination of their journey.
The new arrivals were greeted exuberantly and the golden curled animal was led through the streets festively decorated, the boy still on his back and celebrated by the people for his courageous flight In the large market square the most delicious dishes were served on artistically carved wooden bowls, refined with saffron from the fields and decorated with the most luxuriant and fragrant roses from the groves. They also tasted of the brown, almond-shaped formations that they had never seen before. Slightly bitter, but with an irresistible note. This rose into their nose while eating and immediately mixed with the spices and the flowers. The fruit, known as cocoa bean and brought over the seas by merchants, gave an extremely fine sweetness by mixing it with the other aromas already wafting in the air, not honey-sweet, but very tasty and unique.
Tired from the long ride and the loss of his sister, the boy finally asked for a camp.
The ram, however, floated in the evening sun, gleaming with gold, through the alleys outside the gates of the city.
At the nearby temple he laid down his golden fleece at the statue of Medea, who was worshiped and sorcerers of the place, as a token of gratitude for the rescue of the second child and was henceforth indistinguishable from other rams by his gait and dress.
Shaghaf Oud by Swiss Arabian immediately captivated me with its soft-spicy, richly rosy and woody-leathery composition. Especially the chocolaty touch gives the fragrance a very sensual sweetness, but never exhausting or overpowering. It is created for all those who like exactly these notes, it is a mixed or borderline creature that dances dreamily on and beside the lines and at the same time knows about its effect. Certainly it is at home in cooler to warmer climates and does not tolerate heat.

If you take good care of it, it rewards its wearer with a warm aura
An aura enveloping like the Golden Fleece...

BertolucciKBertolucciK 145 days ago
Warm, cozy, gourmand, powerful and long-lasting.
SpicyDiceSpicyDice 6 months ago
Großartiger süßer Duft mit einem herrlichen Mix aus Puder, Rose und Holz!
KimJongKimJong 10 months ago
It's quite sweet and feminine, but practical choice for the price. Honest instead of complicated, sharp instead of delicate.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 11 months ago
Beautiful. Chocolate vanilla nutty oud....with a very slight rose hint. A new favourite
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 16 months ago
Specially recommended to vanilla lovers. A Deep hint of vanilla and praliné which gives to the classical rose-oud a different character
Carlitos01Carlitos01 16 months ago
The fragrance sweetens a lot with notes of praline & vanilla. You travel through the dry down with a rosy sweet Oud for quite a long time.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
Smooth vanilla with a rose opening. Nothing amazing
DavidBrazDavidBraz 2 years ago
Bit off putting with a medicinal oud in the first 15m. Than u get an excellent combo of chocolate+vanilla. Classy gourmandish & subtle rose!

by Raulski
by Tox707
by Schnupperl
by Schnupperl

Popular Swiss Arabian

Casablanca by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud Abyad by Swiss Arabian Attar al Ghutra by Swiss Arabian Dehn el Ood Mubarak by Swiss Arabian Sehr Al Sheila by Swiss Arabian Shumoukh Al Ghutra by Swiss Arabian Nawaf by Swiss Arabian Mukhalat Malaki by Swiss Arabian Rakaan (Eau de Parfum) by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud Aswad by Swiss Arabian Noora (Eau de Parfum) by Swiss Arabian Noora (Perfume Oil) by Swiss Arabian Spirit Absolute by Swiss Arabian Attar al Sheila by Swiss Arabian Attar Mubakhar by Swiss Arabian Al Basel by Swiss Arabian Shawq by Swiss Arabian Mutamayez by Swiss Arabian Cupid by Swiss Arabian Nouf by Swiss Arabian