Shaghaf Oud (2016)

Shaghaf Oud by Swiss Arabian

Shaghaf Oud is a popular perfume by Swiss Arabian for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is oriental-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesSaffron
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose, Oud
Base Notes Base NotesPraliné, Vanilla, Oud

Submitted by Schakaa, last update on 31.05.2020.

DrGourmand
The competition, sorted scents and a club of strange people!
The annual regulars' table in the café house "Gute Stube" has become established. It was founded about three years ago by some members of the allotment garden association "Frauenschuh" and as a result of a special competition. The important question in the room was "Can this go away or is it still possible for the garden?" and usually applies to discarded trousers, slippers and practical utensils. Club gardener Sero Recycel from the recycling centre and manager of the local collection point had sold a lot with a few blind purchases of perfumes. In the spirit of "it still works for the garden" he offered several fragrances to apply over the season. Sero came from the Balkans, was a very nice guy and had been in Germany for about ten years. He was well integrated and had been a member of the Frauenschuh club for five years. The suggestion was accepted gladly and with the aim of selecting the winner, i.e. the best fragrance of the sorted out, "can go away" perfumes, in a big barbecue in autumn. The winner was then Shaghaf Oud from Swiss Arabian in front of Acqua di Giò Absolu by Giorgio Armani and Sheikh from Al Haramain as well as two other nose pickers.

The fragrances were worn for about three months in a row, individually, in company, while gardening, celebrating and doing nothing, and each perfume was given a fragrance godfather. In the case of Shaghaf Oud this was pharmacist Heilo von Witzel. Her first reports were devastating. She spoke of a terrible beginning with an intense alcoholic and metallic note, and as a pharmacist she knows all about it, she says. Like a strong sip of prima fuel from an old aluminium lunch box was her apt comparison. She then passed the scent on to her husband, veterinarian Dr. Wolf Gunzenberg-Witzel
Mrs. Heilo von Witzel had met Dr. Gunzenberg in Bad Kissingen, she was at home there and in the middle of the 90s he felt Asperger's because of his cure. After their love marriage and because a pharmacy was up for takeover, the couple moved to the east. Here Dr. Wolf Gunzenberg-Witzel has a veterinary practice and his wife Heilo von Witzel now runs the pharmacy. In the "Frauenschuh" association, both jointly manage the large corner garden.

Veterinarian Dr. Gunzenberg-Witzel attested similar results for the scent opening, but after the initial alcohol abuse, it smelled a distinct oud aroma, woody, smoky, discreetly spicy and softly rosy. Rose and saffron hide each other behind each other and both behind the oud, but unfortunately they are only butter-softly noticeable, but support the aroma sensitively. This scent sticks very firmly and is a rather mild, unobtrusive companion for a long time. Echoes of delicate, sweet notes are permanently noticeable in the further course. They may come from saffron and/or oud, but perhaps the base is already somewhat present. He didn't think the perfume was that bad, but he didn't want to tell his pharmacist so directly.

"Elementary school teacher" Schlauberger (only a few years left until retirement) was of the opinion that the oud is a bit stronger towards the back and the vanilla remains well recognizable but discreet. Sweet, even intense praline, chocolaty vanilla or lively, gourmand flair would not be there and he would have missed that very much. Anyway, he can only wear the discarded perfume if he, as a role model for the youth, plays the second-hand or recycling card.

From the sausage grill, butcher Enno Sülzbein interjected that the smell was smoky and weak on the chest, so his smoked sausages smelled longer and better and above all not so monotonous. Farmer Schorsch, the chief agricultural engineer of the cooperative Flotte Henne, agreed with this, saying that the smell in his stables was different and mysterious, sometimes even better, at every corner. The perfume here is rather unimaginative, arbitrary and nothing special.

Roswitha, owner of the "Büdchen" with mail room, sewing and ironing service, kiosk articles etc. and garden neighbour of butcher Enno Sülzbein said that it would last a long time and pointed out the favourable price. Butcher Enno Sülzbein himself knew of similar and better scents in this price category, but liked to direct Cupid's arrows in Roswitha's direction, so that his replies "all nonsense" sounded more like an invitation.

All participants had a lot of fun this garden season and so it was decided to repeat the competition every year once or twice under different themes and to set up a regulars' table for the cold, garden-free time in the café "Gute Stube" during the Advent season.

Note:
In loose order I would like to report here about the competitions as well as about the regulars' table and introduce perfumes to you, whereby you can also get to know their participants!

Till the next time you had a good time and thank you very much for stopping by!
SchnüFFleRR
The king in the peasant dress
in the Middle Ages it was not unusual for the nobility to mingle unnoticed among the "simple folk". This happened for reasons of conviviality, opinion polls or to escape the court. To do this, however, even the finest of gentlemen had to disguise themselves, remove their pomp and slip into simple robes.

This metaphor always comes to mind when I think of Shaghaf Oud, which may not be as impressive as most niche perfumes in terms of price and presentation, but which does have "noble blood" inside.

I was allowed to sniff my way through a few rose-oud combinations in the niche sector but in the end the small, simple Shaghaf Oud was usually the most convincing fragrance composition for me. The perfume hits the skin with an almost brutal force. Houses like Dior, Prada or Chanel could learn a lot from silage and durability. I like to be the type of scent lover who has to exaggerate with his spraying and also likes to apply more than 5-8 sprays of his scents. (Often to the chagrin of my environment)
But even I have to slow down here. More than 2 sprayers and my environment is fogged in. Therefore my tip, be careful with the dosage. I have a few powerhouses in my collection, but I would definitely choose this one as one of my strongest, if not the strongest.

The fragrance itself is very pleasant to wear, despite its crisp appearance. The rose is very soft and vanilla. The character of the fragrance is quite linear, but that doesn't really bother me with this scent, because the gentle composition always has a calming effect on the nose. I see the fragrance more on a mature, self-confident woman, but nevertheless it is also absolutely wearable for men who can identify with the sweet powerhouse. For me the fragrance comes best in the deep winter. It accompanied me on many cold hikes or walks. The Sillage is with me about 7-9 hours, the shelf life is over 12 hours.

Finally, I would like to add that if the fragrance had been launched by Tom Ford, Parfums de Marly or Initio etc., no one would be able to complain about the quality.
For me, Shaghaf Oud is the niche fragrance from the "cheap assortment" that offers an incredible price-performance ratio.
That's probably why he can be called king of the cheapies.
Long live the king!
In the golden peasant dress!

Genie in a bottle
On a wonderful Sunday for a barbecue, I made a date with a friend who has been testing a lot of perfumes lately. On said Sunday we were sitting at the table and he gave me two samples without me knowing which direction it would go. One was Oud for Greatness by Initio and Shaghaf Oud.
Unfortunately the Oud for Greatness did not appeal to me at all, I can only describe it as a too pungent smell in my nose without knowing exactly which note disturbed me.

The other arm (Shanghaf Oud), on the other hand, was a real pleasure from the beginning to the end the next day. It opens sweetishly rosy and over time a wonderful woody note develops in this mix.
All in all, the fragrance is of course not suitable for the summer, as it is already very heavy and also has a damn good durability.

At first I did not know how much or little the perfume cost and assumed that you had to put 150€ for 50ml on the table and order it for 25€ (60€ RRP) for 75ml. Simply a crazy price/performance ratio!

Now, if you're worried about smelling like Granny through the rose, I can put your mind at rest. Shaghaf Oud is in contrast to his comrade-in-arms Shaghaf Oud Aswad really rather woody, powdery and sweetish and the rose is noticeable but in a very pleasant way and not the main note as in Aswad.

So I can really recommend the Shaghaf Oud to everyone who is enthusiastic about sweetish woody scents!
Niche fragrance at the Hofer Prize
I'm honest, I can't remember how Shaghaf Oud ended up on my watch list.
Maybe it was another evening where I sat in front of the computer until 2am and watched videos about some scents. Or maybe I read a blog entry and put it on my watch list. I really don't know anymore.

Anyway, he was now on my watch list and I ordered some bottlings, also from Shaghaf Oud.
But what I do know is that this scent took me completely by surprise. Positively, definitely. I just like this vanilla-ud combination, what can I say? It was sprayed on my left arm and Oud for Greatness on my right. So the two were in direct comparison. I asked five different people over the day which one they thought was better. Clear thing 5 to 0 for my left arm, for Shaghaf Oud. Did I expect that? Absolutely not. I'm still surprised at how good that smell is.
The durability is also quite a funny thing. 9.2 rating sounds like something. But it's not wrong there. 11 o'clock sprayed, 10 o'clock still smelled after the shower. Simply insanity!
Yesterday I carried him again and he was the first thing I smelled this morning
I also applied both fragrances (Oud for Greatness/Shaghaf Oud) to a friend of mine. He was blown away and ordered a bottle right that evening. Of course I ordered myself as well. Also the next morning I got a feedback from him, you can still smell the perfume!

Anyone who might like this fragrance should try it. I can only recommend it highly. Now I just have to find out who gave me the idea for this work of art (for a small thaler).

A gourmandish oud beast
Shaghaf Oud is an absolutely beast mode of a fragrance, so take that as a warning to go lightly on the trigger or you'll choke everyone out.

I'd classify this as a gourmand oud where the praline and vanilla gives it a very sweet opening. So be aware that it is very sweet because if you aren't into gourmands then there are probably better oud alternatives.

I ended up selling my bottle as I prefer different ouds that are less sweet, but darker (gucci intense) or fresher (aqcua di parma), and I just couldn't see when I'd wear this. This could work well outdoor for the Winter or the cooler half of Fall.

All in all, you get tremendous bang for your buck here if you're into sweets and oud.
LeGourmetNRW
Rose Oud chocolate in the golden bottle
Shaghaf Oud was recommended to me by a good friend when I was asked what good "beginner" oud fragrance there is here. I think for 25€ you can't do anything wrong and like to try it.
What was delivered to my office a few days later still makes me think.

Especially with good oud fragrances one quickly pays 25€ for a small bottling of 5-10 ML and the undoubtedly excellent niches like designer fragrances in the oud segment cost from 150€ upwards.

This fragrance is a POWER MONSTER from head to toe and lasts 12 hours and upwards on my skin. It is the fragrance with the longest durability in my collection. The sensual rose as well as the austere and dominant oud combine to a holiday memory from 1001 nights. This is very pleasant and also smells natural and not synthetic or even chemical.

There is absolutely nothing for me to criticize or criticize about this fragrance. Even the somewhat cheap-looking golden bottle cannot be criticized for the demanded price and I wonder if I own a comparable product for such a modest purchase price.
Shaghaf Oud LEVES from the simplicity and intensity of its few ingredients.

Saffron, lots of rose, some chocolate, GAAAANZ lots of Oud

Everyone should try the fragrance of the
Rose Oud scents mag
Would like to try Oud
oriental scents search

and really everyone of the

is looking for a price performance benchmark.
Chocolate from 1001 nights
For me oriental fragrances always have something special. Mystical, smoky, woody, aromatic, they can cast a spell over you. Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud was a blind purchase from me. For the cheap price of just over 20€ it was worth a try. First I expected to find this well known rose oud mixture, which you can find in many oud scents by now.

Shaghaf Oud opens very spicy and slightly smoky with saffron - well, I couldn't have said it was saffron, but that's roughly how saffron must smell in perfumes. This spiciness remains in the top note for quite a while. It's not at all like a classic rose oud at first. But the more the top note retreats, the more the rose emerges and comes along with a chocolaty sweetness. Hand in hand the two come more into the limelight, but the spice from the beginning remains constantly covered in the shadow of the two but does not disappear. The rose is dark, subtle, restrained. Furthermore I find the rose to be not very long in its splendour. After a while in the drydown then more vanilla, a little oud, a bit of what is indicated here as praline in the base note. The scents are all easy to distinguish and the fragrance is also clearly perceptible. The oud is not extremely strong, but the entire fragrance in its composition should be enjoyed with caution. I would also advise that the oud is synthetic and not natural, especially for this price. The rose probably isn't either, considering that these two oils are among the most expensive of all.

Better to spray a little less than too much, because I would not classify Shaghaf Oud as a fragrance that is perceived as positive by everyone in the environment. In fact, I made my first odour test of Shaghaf Oud when I went to the Christmas market. I had just sprayed two gentle strokes on my wrist. My companion could perceive this perfume very clearly in the mass of people without knowing that the perfume was from me. I almost chose this perfume as my Christmas Eve fragrance, but it was too delicate for me. But if you want to stand out, you are very well served here. Sillage strong, durability with me about 7 hours if I apply discreetly.

Price/performance ratio definitely top! But I don't think that Shaghaf Oud is a beginner's fragrance for rose-ud combinations. Yes - absolutely unique and striking but please apply it with feeling ;-)
The Golden Fleece
The myth:
Once upon a time there lived a bohemian king named Athamas, who had become a stranger to his wife Nephele. Thereupon he took Ino, the daughter of the Kadmos, as his new wife. But Ino hated her stepchildren Helle and especially the pretender to the throne Phrixos. That's why she wanted her own son who would take over his father's inheritance. But Nephele realized that because of the jealous stepmother her children were in danger. Therefore she called the gods to help her and Hermes sent her Chrysomeles, who flew her two children on his back east across the strait that separated Europe and Asia.
But when the ram had almost crossed this strait, Helle's daughter fell into the water. The ram, however, flew on and dropped Phrixos in Colchis on the Black Sea. This country was ruled by King Aietes. Out of gratitude that the gods had saved Phrixos, Chrysomeles was sacrificed in the temple of Zeus. (note text taken from wikia.org)

So much gold on the bottle. So blinding.
Somehow this story from Greek mythology came to my mind immediately. But why actually?
I imagine how the ram, equipped with speech and the ability to fly and with a golden coat, glides through the air with the two children entrusted to it. I find Shaghaf Oud as soft and grippy as its fur. One in which you can dig your fingers so nicely and feel the small resistance of the dense curls. The animal-leather that flows out of it is wonderfully pleasant and homely due to the body warmth and the sun.
And somehow I know the course of the story a little differently, especially fragrant... (blinking).

The golden ram Chrysomeles flew low over fields and forests with the two children. He took in the wood notes of the trees and the children also breathed in the breeze of the trees. The journey continued over wide saffron fields. The animal laid its flight so low that the children lowered themselves far down at the side of it and dug into the curls with one hand while stretched out with the other hand over the flowers. The agitated dust from the calyxes of the flowers whirled behind them through the warm summer air as if startled, before they slowly and in an orderly fashion descended back down to the flowers and the ground. When the ram climbed higher again at the end of the fields, its young travellers held on to their fur with their hands dusted by the flowers. In an instant, the slightly bitter but aromatic spice of saffron combined with the animal's curly hair and rose as a fragrant note of it on the faces and further up into the air.
The journey stretched over endless lush green meadows and colourful, fragrant rose groves, where the girl asked the ram to put it down for a moment so that she could pick the most beautiful of the flowers from it. No one knew whether the children would ever be able to live as carefree as before. And so the animal granted the girl's wish and let her roam through the roses for a moment and acquire a particularly full-bodied piece of it.
While the ride went on immediately, the girl sniffed again and again at the beautiful rose, under it rising from the animal, the warm note of fur, the saffron dust distributed in it and the fine vapours of the woods, meadows and groves behind them. A wonderful and captivating fragrance played around his nose. Meanwhile the ram left solid land behind and flew over the sea. Soon they would have reached their destination. The girl, however, was so taken with the mixture of aromas that she let go of the ram for a moment to lead her rose to her nose with both hands and to dip it completely into the pleasantly scented petals. Then suddenly it lost its balance and fell from the animal down into the sea, where the waves immediately devoured it. In order not to endanger the second life entrusted to him, the ram decided against searching for the girl, who was indeed lost, and now took the boy safely across the waters to Colchis, the destination of their journey.
The new arrivals were greeted exuberantly and the golden curled animal was led through the streets festively decorated, the boy still on his back and celebrated by the people for his courageous flight In the large market square the most delicious dishes were served on artistically carved wooden bowls, refined with saffron from the fields and decorated with the most luxuriant and fragrant roses from the groves. They also tasted of the brown, almond-shaped formations that they had never seen before. Slightly bitter, but with an irresistible note. This rose into their nose while eating and immediately mixed with the spices and the flowers. The fruit, known as cocoa bean and brought over the seas by merchants, gave an extremely fine sweetness by mixing it with the other aromas already wafting in the air, not honey-sweet, but very tasty and unique.
Tired from the long ride and the loss of his sister, the boy finally asked for a camp.
The ram, however, floated in the evening sun, gleaming with gold, through the alleys outside the gates of the city.
At the nearby temple he laid down his golden fleece at the statue of Medea, who was worshiped and sorcerers of the place, as a token of gratitude for the rescue of the second child and was henceforth indistinguishable from other rams by his gait and dress.
Shaghaf Oud by Swiss Arabian immediately captivated me with its soft-spicy, richly rosy and woody-leathery composition. Especially the chocolaty touch gives the fragrance a very sensual sweetness, but never exhausting or overpowering. It is created for all those who like exactly these notes, it is a mixed or borderline creature that dances dreamily on and beside the lines and at the same time knows about its effect. Certainly it is at home in cooler to warmer climates and does not tolerate heat.

If you take good care of it, it rewards its wearer with a warm aura
An aura enveloping like the Golden Fleece...

2.5
Traum76
In search of the golden Shaghaf...
... ...I found what I was looking for. At least as far as the bottle is concerned. Noble and gold shining it makes a wonderful impression. The blind purchase will have been worthwhile, I thought, smiling and with beaming eyes. How I've been looking forward to this. Couldn't wait. The well and tightly fitting cap was removed. My hand surrounds the bottle and my index finger can no longer be bridled ... Launch! Finally. The first spray! Landing is on the wrist. The oriental scent is in the air and my nose finds its way to the sprayed area. And then what?! I can't explain it... I like oriental scents, don't I? I like sweet smells, don't I? How can it be that the need arises in me to wash the Shaghaf Oud off my wrist again?! It seems to me that all the spices of the Orient have been packed into this one bottle. And I realized I wasn't made for the Orient. At least as far as that smell is concerned. As I have an uncanny liking for Joop Homme, I thought, apparently wrongly, that the Shaghaf Oud would accompany me for many years on my fragrant path. I managed - I am proud of myself - to bear this scent on my skin until the evening. The durability is in any case very good. And after 5 to 6 hours, dream76 can hardly believe it, the scent was perceived as a pleasantly chocolaty powdery sweetness. The Orient had for the most part said goodbye. But still... i didn't feel enchanted. So, unfortunately, it can be said in conclusion that Shaghaf Oud will leave me again soon. Because of my euphoria when I bought blind, I actually ordered two of them. To the rhetorical question "Really?!" that might arise at this point, the answer is "Yes" with a sad face looking down. In this spirit, I will say goodbye to Shaghaf Oud with these words: "Take care, you two. I'm sure you'll find a good new home."

Wow... talk about LOUD
This one is PROUD to shine it’s golden notes... BANG!! Right from the start, it oozes sweetness. I get a strong vanilla/rose combo, that leaves days of resonance. Some guys might think it’s too soft, or “feminine”, but I really enjoy this one. The longer it goes the less flowery it feels, and the oud is very soft. Not for everyone, and I couldn’t find one to “try before buying” it, but I am happy with the purchase. I ordered directly from Swiss Arabian, and they sent me like 5 testers; if they all shine like this one, I’m definitely supporting this house.

A great fragrance indeed.

SpicyDiceSpicyDice 34 days ago
Großartiger süßer Duft mit einem herrlichen Mix aus Puder, Rose und Holz!
KimJongKimJong 156 days ago
It's quite sweet and feminine, but practical choice for the price. Honest instead of complicated, sharp instead of delicate.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 175 days ago
Beautiful. Chocolate vanilla nutty oud....with a very slight rose hint. A new favourite
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 11 months ago
Specially recommended to vanilla lovers. A Deep hint of vanilla and praliné which gives to the classical rose-oud a different character
Carlitos01Carlitos01 11 months ago
The fragrance sweetens a lot with notes of praline & vanilla. You travel through the dry down with a rosy sweet Oud for quite a long time.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 20 months ago
Smooth vanilla with a rose opening. Nothing amazing
DavidBrazDavidBraz 20 months ago
Bit off putting with a medicinal oud in the first 15m. Than u get an excellent combo of chocolate+vanilla. Classy gourmandish & subtle rose!

by Carslk76
by DavidBraz
by Schnupperl
by Schnupperl

Popular Swiss Arabian

Casablanca by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud Abyad by Swiss Arabian Attar al Ghutra by Swiss Arabian Dehn el Ood Mubarak by Swiss Arabian Shumoukh Al Ghutra by Swiss Arabian Nawaf by Swiss Arabian Mukhalat Malaki by Swiss Arabian Rakaan (Eau de Parfum) by Swiss Arabian Noora (Concentrated Perfume Oil) by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud Aswad by Swiss Arabian Sehr Al Sheila by Swiss Arabian Noora (Eau de Parfum) by Swiss Arabian Mutamayez by Swiss Arabian Al Basel by Swiss Arabian Attar Mubakhar by Swiss Arabian Kalimat by Swiss Arabian Cupid by Swiss Arabian Nouf by Swiss Arabian Attar al Sheila by Swiss Arabian Shawq by Swiss Arabian