Shaghaf Oud 2016

Shaghaf Oud by Swiss Arabian
Shaghaf Oud is a popular perfume by Swiss Arabian for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesSaffron
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose, Oud
Base Notes Base NotesPraliné, Vanilla, Oud

Submitted by Schakaa, last update on 15.01.2021.

1001 Nights.......and it went *boom*
Hello dear community!

This is my first comment, so show a little indulgence. :-)
I thought long and hard about which fragrance would have the honor of gracing my first comment. And the winner is.......(*drum roll*).....Shaghaf Oud.

Why? Well, because this fragrance surprised me the most. It was (like far too many in my collection) a blind buy. But hey, time and time again this fragrance was recommended and for 35,00€ how can you go wrong? (Honey, if you're reading this - yes I know, a lot....and yes, 10 blink buys at 40,00€ is a lot of money too)

So off to the shopping cart and wait. How I hate it, but who wants the one etc..Then, finally it's time. Already when unpacking this much too pompous bottle falls into my hands. I don't know why, but I love it. Massive, gold, chav. I like it.
So the lid on and off we go.

And then it happens *boom*
Unbelievable.

This fragrance does not even try in restraint. With the hammer is directly beaten me a load of oud, combined with a sweet vanilla in the face. The rose (which I usually do not like so much) resonates discreetly. Since I have no idea what saffron smells like I can't say if I smell it, but it doesn't matter. Because what I smell is just wonderful. Smoky on one side - and wonderfully sweet on the other. So perfectly balanced. And yet so incredibly powerful. My wife is standing next to me. She doesn't have to come poet. Immediately she gives the perfume the same verdict as I do *wow*.
The scent gets a little more subtle throughout the day. He becomes softer. But please do not get me wrong. A spray and everyone within a radius of 3 meters perceives you intensely the first 6 hours.

This fragrance is certainly not for the office.

To tame the fragrance just needs cold temperatures. For me, this fragrance is despite oud an absolute unisex fragrance.

The durability is just brutal. Locker 10 hours and more. Unrivaled in this price segment. On the clothes keeps the thing weeks.

Fill the ab in a bottle of Amouage and people spend 6 times.
It just smells so incredibly expensive.

Swiss Arabian shows here once again that an awesome, long-lasting fragrance does not have to be expensive. Quite the opposite, the price is outrageously cheap.

Conclusion: Would I be allowed to keep only 3 scents from my collection, this would be there. More I do not have to say!
The Oriental Dream
This fragrance is a dream!
Opening spicy,smoky,woody,flowery.
Quickly develops the extra sweetness Until then I would rather see the fragrance in the direction of men Ü25,
the sweet base note makes it out because you can already perceive it quite well in the heart note. An oriental woman can wear the fragrance just as well, it would definitely suit her. This is exactly one of those fragrances that have a perfectly Arabic/oriental vibe. This combination of oud, spices, floral notes and the sweet vanilla or praline is very, very good! Unbelievably good for this price! Not a bit synthetic. Shelf life a 10/10th. I applied it in the afternoon and could still smell it strongly the next morning. Sillage is strong, you will definitely be noticed. Flacon is all ok, nice gold with black engraving and fancy details on the back.
A dream and even more for this price!
FFloyd
What's that??? He's going to smash everything!!!
This Oud is my first of this kind, and I have to say that this is a heavy dog, if you want to put it as a vehicle this is an Audi A8 long version
It is heavy but portable, rather what for cold days from 5 degrees and less.

In the beginning the scent will remove everything that gets in its way, later (after 2-3h) the scent becomes more pleasant and also more bearable. You can smell it all the time more or less but it is very present.

As often as you wear it, you like it more, but it is also not an everyday scent.

Durability incredible 8h+ without batting an eyelid. Less is more with the fragrance, more than 2 splashes should not be made

4.5
ElPassajero
Please do not compare with Oud Bouquet ?
Full of joy and expectations to have found a cheap alternative to Oud Bouquet by lancome ? unfortunately no ! Shagaf Oud is just disgusting? I felt sick, absolutely no comparison to Oud Bouquet? ?
An Arabian Midsummer Night's Dream
February 2020: I am standing at King's Cross station in London. A young woman with beautiful, long, dark hair walks past me. The wind blows her scent into my nose and I am stunned. An opulent, strong fragrance envelops my nose. I can't interpret the notes of the fragrance, but I'm immediately blown away. She looks like Princess Jasmine and disappears almost as fast as Aladdin on his flying carpet. I'm disappointed because I know that I can't ask her the name of this miracle of a fragrance now, but I can still perceive the notes in my nose.
A week later, still in London, I'm in a restaurant and see again an elegant lady, probably from the Middle East, wearing exactly the same fragrance. Again I fall for the charm of the scent within seconds. So I take my courage and ask her which perfume she is wearing, whereupon she answers that it is an oriental saffron scent. Unfortunately there are a lot of saffron scents and after months of searching I never thought I would find this treasure again.
A few days ago I decide to search again and find this scent. My hope that this is the Phantom from London is almost non-existent. By the quick sending of a nice member, I receive the bottling of the scent already two days later. I open the envelope and float in seventh heaven. My nose is numb again and I can hardly believe that I have found it. It is him. When I smell my wrist, I feel like Princess Jasmine herself. My own version of the fairy tale of the Arabian Nights.
Oud as narcotic
I admire the people who call this perfume an everyday scent or even wear it. Two careful sprayers so that I and the whole living room smell of this fragrance. In the freezing cold winter outside in the open air I can imagine the scent very well. The cold air can tame the strong scent. In the office or in another closed room you could use the scent for anaesthesia.
It's a picture-perfect oriental scent. Very sweet with rosewater note, spicy, smoky and very heavy.
When testing, many people start with a sprayer first.
Good luck.
Warm, sweet and harmonious
I dedicate my first comment on Parfumo to this fragrance here.

After searching for hours for a fragrance that 1. contains oud as a scent, 2. is wearable in everyday life and from which you can't get enough, I thought while reading the comments: This must be it!

Since I have never bought a fragrance blind, I was very sceptical about whether I should really dare to do so. But when I saw the price, I knew what I had to do next.
After two days he was there.
I opened the packaging, pulled the cap off the unusual bottle and sprayed it onto a test strip first.

I would like to clarify my thoughts on the fragrance.

Imagine you have finally arrived after a long journey by plane at the place where you have been thinking about the last 8 hours of your journey. Your hotel room is in the centre of the town. The city is quiet and yet lively. There is a warm light on the houses and the market place. A building catches your eye. A chocolatier, not far from the balcony of your hotel room. You are curious and open the balcony door.

Bam. The scent gets in your face. The smell of the warm city. The sweet one from the chocolatier's shop, which doesn't necessarily smell of chocolate, but simply sweet and a feeling of security, as if you have been to this city before.
"The harmony of this town, I'm used to it"
So much for my association with scent.

It smells sweet, slightly hot at the beginning (I think this is the saffron) and after a while the oud comes out dark and contributes to the hamony of the fragrance.
The durability is outstanding as well as the sillage. All in all for the price in no way to beat.
I dared to approach the fragrant oud in this way and I can't imagine a better way to do it.

I hope I could convince you of the fragrance in my first comment! Forgive me grammar and spelling mistakes. I am not very good at expressing my thoughts in texts.
Alilove
"Smells so good..." Dubai invites you for an exclusive tour of the city
After I had been seduced for a long time by rather rounded, sweet and seductive fragrance essences, I wanted to venture into something new, dark, mysterious and angular... "Guilty" for my change in the world of fragrances were also mystical acquaintances from distant countries, who revealed to me the access to the supernatural. The smell of incense from incense and sage, thick old books that hide so many secrets, leather and herbs burned into my subconscious. I had to find a fragrance that would do justice to my imagination and bring this very special feeling of these past impressions to life again and again.
Now that my third eye was open, I felt a daily inner urge to occupy myself more with the 2000 year old gold of nature; the fragrance "Oud", which is extracted from the resin of the eagle tree, which regularly opened the door to the Occident in my dreams. But the first period of searching was marked by disappointments. Again and again I visited old, rustic perfumeries, which almost drowned in their thousand bottles. But nobody could light my fire. Again and again I sniffed at an essence reminiscent of chemistry lessons. An Oud, which biting through my brain like lightning and leaving a sweaty note "Could that be all?!" I asked myself.
After researching on my own, I found what I was looking for and after a short time I held the golden treasure of Arabia in my hands. I cannot describe how excited I was when I sniffed the first spray; it was an explosion! At first you are overwhelmed by a heavy, slightly synthetic pointed oud, reminiscent of an old library, which quickly becomes velvety soft and releases the full beauty of the praline and vanilla. The shelf life is incredible and if you don't overdo it with the spraying, you will be enveloped and kissed all day long by a noble, sweet, sweet, oriental scent, reminiscent of an exciting city trip to distant, pulsating Dubai. Exceptionally dreamlike and unbeatable for the price!

Intoxicating...
Shaghaf Oud from Swiss Arabian is intoxicating, sensual and sweet. I own a few Swiss Arabian fragrances and while this is in the same vein as Shaghaf Oud Abyad it’s less incense and smoke. I really like the caramel, vanilla and Oud. The Oud is synthetic of course but well done. If you like middle eastern fragrances you’ll love this one. 9 / 10 for me. I’m glad I added this to my collection.
SchnüFFleRR
The king in the peasant dress
in the Middle Ages it was not unusual for the nobility to mingle unnoticed among the "simple folk". This happened for reasons of conviviality, opinion polls or to escape the court. To do this, however, even the finest of gentlemen had to disguise themselves, remove their pomp and slip into simple robes.

This metaphor always comes to mind when I think of Shaghaf Oud, which may not be as impressive as most niche perfumes in terms of price and presentation, but which does have "noble blood" inside.

I was allowed to sniff my way through a few rose-oud combinations in the niche sector but in the end the small, simple Shaghaf Oud was usually the most convincing fragrance composition for me. The perfume hits the skin with an almost brutal force. Houses like Dior, Prada or Chanel could learn a lot from silage and durability. I like to be the type of scent lover who has to exaggerate with his spraying and also likes to apply more than 5-8 sprays of his scents. (Often to the chagrin of my environment)
But even I have to slow down here. More than 2 sprayers and my environment is fogged in. Therefore my tip, be careful with the dosage. I have a few powerhouses in my collection, but I would definitely choose this one as one of my strongest, if not the strongest.

The fragrance itself is very pleasant to wear, despite its crisp appearance. The rose is very soft and vanilla. The character of the fragrance is quite linear, but that doesn't really bother me with this scent, because the gentle composition always has a calming effect on the nose. I see the fragrance more on a mature, self-confident woman, but nevertheless it is also absolutely wearable for men who can identify with the sweet powerhouse. For me the fragrance comes best in the deep winter. It accompanied me on many cold hikes or walks. The Sillage is with me about 7-9 hours, the shelf life is over 12 hours.

Finally, I would like to add that if the fragrance had been launched by Tom Ford, Parfums de Marly or Initio etc., no one would be able to complain about the quality.
For me, Shaghaf Oud is the niche fragrance from the "cheap assortment" that offers an incredible price-performance ratio.
That's probably why he can be called king of the cheapies.
Long live the king!
In the golden peasant dress!

BertolucciKBertolucciK 8 months ago
Warm, cozy, gourmand, powerful and long-lasting.
SpicyDiceSpicyDice 9 months ago
Großartiger süßer Duft mit einem herrlichen Mix aus Puder, Rose und Holz!
KimJongKimJong 1 year ago
It's quite sweet and feminine, but practical choice for the price. Honest instead of complicated, sharp instead of delicate.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 1 year ago
Beautiful. Chocolate vanilla nutty oud....with a very slight rose hint. A new favourite
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 2 years ago
Specially recommended to vanilla lovers. A Deep hint of vanilla and praliné which gives to the classical rose-oud a different character
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
The fragrance sweetens a lot with notes of praline & vanilla. You travel through the dry down with a rosy sweet Oud for quite a long time.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
Smooth vanilla with a rose opening. Nothing amazing
DavidBrazDavidBraz 2 years ago
Bit off putting with a medicinal oud in the first 15m. Than u get an excellent combo of chocolate+vanilla. Classy gourmandish & subtle rose!

by Raulski
by Tox707
by Schnupperl
by Schnupperl

Popular Swiss Arabian

Casablanca by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud Abyad by Swiss Arabian Attar al Ghutra by Swiss Arabian Dehn el Ood Mubarak by Swiss Arabian Nawaf by Swiss Arabian Sehr Al Sheila by Swiss Arabian Noora (Perfume Oil) by Swiss Arabian Shumoukh Al Ghutra by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud Aswad by Swiss Arabian Mukhalat Malaki by Swiss Arabian Rakaan (Eau de Parfum) by Swiss Arabian Noora (Eau de Parfum) by Swiss Arabian Al Basel by Swiss Arabian Attar Mubakhar by Swiss Arabian Shawq by Swiss Arabian Attar al Sheila by Swiss Arabian Mutamayez by Swiss Arabian Florence by Swiss Arabian Cupid by Swiss Arabian Nouf by Swiss Arabian