Shaghaf Oud 2016

Shaghaf Oud by Swiss Arabian
Shaghaf Oud is a popular perfume by Swiss Arabian for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesSaffron
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose, Oud
Base Notes Base NotesPraliné, Vanilla, Oud

Submitted by Schakaa, last update on 21.06.2021.

The Orient to bite into
I bought the fragrance blind at the time and it was love at first spray..
This combination between Rose Oud on the one hand and on the other hand this Gourmandige..simply a dream!

The fragrance starts with a medicinal pungent note, is that the saffron? I do not know.
But then it goes over into spicy and there comes the rose oud combo paired with a dark chocolate and a hint of vanilla..extremely delicious!

Actually, I would wear this fragrance only in autumn or winter but I find just to the warmer season also very cool, because he develops there again differently with the skin chemistry.

For me, this is one of the best Oriental entry-level unisex fragrances in the range of under 50 €
I would even go out on a limb and say that you get to 100 € nothing better in the range.

The H / S can definitely be seen!
8-12 durability
And the projection is over 5-6 room filling, so watch out!
Sometimes less is more, I think you're good with 3-5 sprays.

In conclusion, if someone is looking for an oriental fragrance that does not cost much but performs, is hereby very well advised!
1001 Nights in a bottle
A cool breeze, in Dubai, you walk down the street left and right you see palm trees at the edge of the road.
The side streets flow through the scent of but many oriental spices, which are not stuck in the nose, but caress them lovingly. This association is experienced as soon as one ,this masterpiece on the skin applies.

A fragrance that reminds one of the Disney film 1001 Nights.

Who applies Shaghaf of oud gets to first a sweet vanillege note, which gets with the help of saffron a spicy component, rose penetrates the fragrance only subtly, the smell is perfect with the help of a very very noble smelling oud.
Swiss Arabian manages to create a fragrance, which fulfills the potential in, the Nieschenwelt to put a Tom Ford in the shade.

When do I recommend this masterpiece...

- Autumn / winter / spring
- as a date fragrance
- for bars in the evening hours

It is important to be careful with the dosage. This fragrance polarizes!
Three sprays are enough perfectly ;)

H+S are above average 12 hours plus

A how I find absolute recommendation to everyone, the oriental oud fragrances loves.
Alsterbarbie
A kiss on the left cheek, a slap on the right..
That's about how I would describe my relationship with Shaghaf Oud. I purchased the "Prince from Persia", as I like to call it, as a blind buy. At the low price, it was worth the risk to me. Even the first spray was a full blast to the face or nose. Rose, vanilla, praline, oud. Period. A tolerable oud for me, this one usually overwhelms me quickly. Smells definitely more expensive than it actually is, I think. But that not everyone can make friends with it, I can understand. The perfume is warm, soft and very, very, very loud. If you have it on, then others still smell days later - and despite intensive shock ventilation - that you were there. There is no secrecy. It's better not to go into the office, unless you want your colleagues to leave you alone and stay away. Thanks to Corona, I now sit in a single office, so I risk taking him to work with me now and then. Some days I can't stand him, others I could bathe in it. For me, definitely a perfume meant more for the cooler days. When it's 30 degrees on the subway, you're bound to cause a collapse or two otherwise. But when I'm in the right mood and the wolves are howling outside in the cold winter night, I'm sitting by my imaginary fireplace and hoping that the Siberian snowstorm won't shut me off from the outside world for days, I love it, it warms me and wraps me up like a cozy cashmere blanket. On top of that another oriental vanilla rose water praline!
Dubai Luxury
First..the Shaghaf reeks of big money and luxury boutiques in Dubai, no one would guess the very reasonable price!

I stroll through an oriental market, strong spices like saffron alternate with heavy floral scents, from the desert the wind blows over the flirty hot sand, noble horses swirl it. Beside me stands a proud, dark, handsome man, very erect, a hawk on his hand. I look into almost black eyes and smell his perfume! The wind blows my silk scarf before my eyes......the scent lingers......I wake up........a dream??....But there is that scent......sel
Prince from Dubai
Short and sweet,

Opening Light saffron with rose and oud
Later luxury Praline rounded with light vanilla.
That's it but it's awesome! Also meant for women.
Durability is better than any of Parfums de Marley about 20 hours, but please only 2 to max 3 spritzes apply even if so little comes out, the Sillgae is a bomb explosion.
Only for people who want to smell like a prince slightly feminine (but not ik negative sense)
Chocolate Beast!
The fragrance is a beast... Durability is insane as well as the sillage...Very sweet, almost toouu sweet but definitely also wearable by men. No office fragrance:-) fits great for autumn, winter or cold summer evenings. 2 sprüher are here completely enough to be perceived for the next 10 hours. Top perfume.
Oud Rose Vanilla Praline Battle
In the right corner (on the right arm): Lancôme's "Ôud Bouquet" (OB). On the left, the challenger "Shaghaf Oud" (SO), traded as the perfect dupe.

Conclusion up front:
Not a perfect dupe, but the differences are on my skin only in direct comparison to erschnuppern. But the two Ouds are very similar, so SO can pass as a much cheaper alternative with equal durability and sillage. In both cases, one pulls the same, clearly perceptible fragrance trail behind him...

With SO, the "medical" of the oud is more present in the first moment, with OB comes immediately powdery-vanilla rose with, which makes the oud softer already in the top note and recedes faster. Overall, OB is a bit more refined, round, sweet, gourmand in my nose, SO on the other hand is more one-dimensional with slightly more concise oud. Even though an untrained nose can probably hardly smell out any differences, I end up liking OB better. In any case, you don't need both if you can already call OB your own. If you are still looking for an olfactory upgrade to SO, a test smelling of OB can be worthwhile.
Nadine21287
This is how it must smell in Dubai
A sample of the fragrance reached me today from a dear member. Thank you again for this.

And the first thing I thought when I sprayed it on: this must be how it smells in Dubai. It's pappy sweet (like most of my fragrances) but still has something so resinous, must be the oud? I've never smelled oud before.... :-)

The rose fortunately doesn't come out at all on my skin, because I always have an extremely hard time with it....

For me, the scent also definitely leans more towards the feminine than the masculine side, at least on my skin.

All around you can say a very successful fragrance. Will definitely get him today still in Fullsize.

Intensity at first impression also absolutely top! :-)
AstaLaVista
A Midsummer Night's Dream in Dubai ..
I wasn't sure at first if I wanted to write a comment on this perfume, or if a statement would suffice. But this perfume deserves more than a statement. It deserves a hymn of praise.... A street named after it, a stadium named after it (... Shaghaf Oud Stadium... doesn't it sound good?) and much more.... ;)

Don't get me wrong, but I'm not exaggerating when I say I spray it on my wrist every night so I dream of Dubai in the night.... of freedom, sun, souks full of spices, of scented veils (and other veils :)))
Yes, it's true, I'm in love.... but only in winter or when the weather is a humid summer Dubai weather, not in summer in Germany, because it gives me a headache.

I had already fallen in shock love with Lancome's Oud Bouquet in 2018. Back then in a store in the Dubai Mall.... I spent every day of my 2 week holiday spraying myself with it. The scent lasted until the next day, until I sprayed myself with it again. I was looking forward to the next scent in the evening ;) But every time I stood in front of the bottle, I got a stab in the heart - it wasn't the scent, no, it was the price....
Well, it lasted 2 weeks and on the day of departure, I bought the fragrance discounted from the airline's on-board shop.
I was so happy to take this fragrance with me to Germany, to have this holiday feeling every day with me....
Until the moment where I then went into the office on Monday and wanted to present my "new Arab friend" to everyone.
It was shocking... "Could it be that it smells like incense in here?" or "What's that smell?"
Oh well... I was disappointed. My colleagues appreciate this Lamborghini (Aventador with 770 hp) among the fragrances, unfortunately, not at all :((
In addition, came that I got in the hot weather in Germany on the fragrance hellish headache & him sometime heavy heart unfortunately had to give :( Now we had the salad...

3 years later:
When I was visiting a friend I smelled it again! Was it my old Arabian friend from 2018, who I had to give away with such a heavy heart for my colleagues and my headaches back then? Was it him? Was he also still thinking about me as much as I was thinking about him?
When I asked my friend, he said it was Shaghaf Oud by Swiss Arabian and I was in Love again. Overnight, all the memories flashed through my head and I was back in Dubai - mentally - of course. That saffron, that rose and oud, oud and more oud and some pralines and a big pinch of delicious vanilla.... Three days later, I had the golden bottle in my hand. Even though I can only smell you in winter without a headache, we are reunited, even though your name is different and you look different, you smell, you smell just as good as my old love....
Smoke grenade
First of all a big thank you to AnaWinter for the bottling! :)
And now I don't even know how to start.
Maybe with the funny story that I started with 5 sprays and then merrily walked into the drop off at work. Without exception, everyone talked to me in the first 10 seconds I was in the room about the vanilla scent I was wearing behind me. Overdosed, a headache candidate.
Additionally, when you go into an isolation room fully veiled in a plastic gown and heat yourself through for 20 minutes, even more so.
It got to the point where I changed my clothes and used a washcloth to try to get that aggressive scent off me. Learned from this; the next day only 2 sprays.
You still pull a scent cloud behind you, but this one is much more subtle, but it was still present the whole 8,5h I spent at work, be it for others or for me. Really nice gourmand scent. The rose oud blend is probably not of natural origin considering the price, but on the other hand it doesn't smell synthetic. It just makes you hungry for sweets and mulled wine. A top winter fragrance and lives up to the hype.

What you should say about it; It is for a man really already at the pain threshold, as far as femininity is concerned. Personally, it does not bother me and I will also buy a full bottle but you have to like something and can wear.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Warm, cozy, gourmand, powerful and long-lasting.
SpicyDiceSpicyDice 1 year ago
Großartiger süßer Duft mit einem herrlichen Mix aus Puder, Rose und Holz!
KimJongKimJong 1 year ago
It's quite sweet and feminine, but practical choice for the price. Honest instead of complicated, sharp instead of delicate.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 2 years ago
Beautiful. Chocolate vanilla nutty oud....with a very slight rose hint. A new favourite
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 2 years ago
Specially recommended to vanilla lovers. A Deep hint of vanilla and praliné which gives to the classical rose-oud a different character
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
The fragrance sweetens a lot with notes of praline & vanilla. You travel through the dry down with a rosy sweet Oud for quite a long time.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 3 years ago
Smooth vanilla with a rose opening. Nothing amazing
DavidBrazDavidBraz 3 years ago
Bit off putting with a medicinal oud in the first 15m. Than u get an excellent combo of chocolate+vanilla. Classy gourmandish & subtle rose!

by Raulski
by Tox707
by Schnupperl
by Schnupperl

Popular Swiss Arabian

Casablanca by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud Abyad by Swiss Arabian Dehn el Oud Mubarak by Swiss Arabian Attar al Ghutra by Swiss Arabian Nawaf by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud Aswad by Swiss Arabian Sehr Al Sheila by Swiss Arabian Shumoukh Al Ghutra by Swiss Arabian Shawq by Swiss Arabian Rakaan (Eau de Parfum) by Swiss Arabian Mukhalat Malaki by Swiss Arabian Attar Mubakhar by Swiss Arabian Al Basel by Swiss Arabian Kenzy by Swiss Arabian Attar al Sheila by Swiss Arabian Gharaam by Swiss Arabian Noora (Eau de Parfum) by Swiss Arabian Mutamayez by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Men by Swiss Arabian Pure Instinct by Swiss Arabian