Shaghaf Oud by Swiss Arabian

Shaghaf Oud 2016

ScentDane
04.04.2020 - 03:22 PM

A gourmandish oud beast

Shaghaf Oud is an absolutely beast mode of a fragrance, so take that as a warning to go lightly on the trigger or you'll choke everyone out.

I'd classify this as a gourmand oud where the praline and vanilla gives it a very sweet opening. So be aware that it is very sweet because if you aren't into gourmands then there are probably better oud alternatives.

I ended up selling my bottle as I prefer different ouds that are less sweet, but darker (gucci intense) or fresher (aqcua di parma), and I just couldn't see when I'd wear this. This could work well outdoor for the Winter or the cooler half of Fall.

All in all, you get tremendous bang for your buck here if you're into sweets and oud.

Latest Reviews

ScentDaneScentDane 7 months ago
Boundless - Amouage

Boundless Almost there but not quite
I had high expectations for Boundless after reading the note description, and the mood that Karine Vinchon-Spehner wants to portray with it. Boundless opens sweet and spicy with blood orange, green cardamom and cinnamon tree/bark. It gives...

ScentDaneScentDane 2 years ago
Enchanted Forest - The Vagabond Prince

Enchanted Forest A journey to a mysterious and magical forest
True to its name Enchanted Forest transport you to a lush, green, mysterious and inviting forest. It opens very sweet with a bubblegummy feel to it, but this sweet note settles down to a more fresh, green, sweet and vibrant...