Shaghaf Oud Abyad

Shaghaf Oud Abyad by Swiss Arabian

Shaghaf Oud Abyad is a popular perfume by Swiss Arabian for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is smoky-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Oregano, Pimento
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmber, Frankincense, Opoponax, Citric notes, Myrrh
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Smoked oud, Patchouli, Sandalwood

Submitted by Irini, last update on 12.12.2019.

burnt soap
I was aware that Opoponax is a very heavy note for me now it has been confirmed again.
Opoponax has been known since ancient times as myhrre resin. It has a wide fragrance spectrum and is therefore difficult to put into words. When smoked, the resin develops an aromatic, sweet, spicy and slightly animal fragrance.
In my opinion such a comment should help the reader to pass on impressions.
For me incense sticks come to mind, but no sweet incense sticks but rather patchouli incense sticks. The Myrre does not smell basically badly only as smoked Myrre I personally like it less. In addition, frankincense is added and the double charge is added to the smoke. The smoked cloud with patch smells a little too soapy to me. Bergamot and sandalwood go down.
However, since odours are perceived very differently, another person may perceive the scent as pleasantly spicy and calming.
I can try it as I want I won't become a fan of Amouage fragrances from any side. And this fragrance for Amouage fans a paradise especially also financially

EINDEUTIGER Fragrance Clone
I now have a sample of the acidic Amouage Interlude Man (100 ml - 300 CHF) in front of me. And this is IDENTICAL with the Shaghaf Oud Abyad (75 ml - 20 CHF). I ordered the swiss arabian some time ago for testing purposes. Oud Abyad is a bit smokier in the beginning, but if this smoke disappears, really 1 to 1 !!! That's a big price difference
9.0 8.0 9.0 8.0/10

The resinous oriental pearl
I blind bought this perfume without having tried interlude by amouage. After, when i could try the one from Omán i could ubderstand why so many oeople LOVE this fragance. This is very very similar to interlude but for a 10 parte of his price. And the performance is quité similar too. Honestly i like It but dont LOVE It. I find It a bit too smoky and resinous and, although the performance is very good, i think that his projection is too weird... It doenst make an aura around you... It projects Direct in rect línea from the área where you have aplied It. I think this is a must for Arabian fragance lovers
7.0 9.0 8.0 8.5/10

Vrabec
Searing heat and screeching cicadas.
Yeah, I understand why there's a winter scent here, and I'd put it in the same category if...
..he wouldn't smell EXACTLY like summer vacation in Croatian Dalmatia. The spiced air flickers at Camp Grebišce between the conifers, whose wood would have to burst from dryness. The sun burns on the skin and on the sea level. And the chirping of the cicadas is like an unceasing cry.
Man, was that awesome.
So to the perfume:
Interlude Man? Never sniffed before, but the similarity has already been treated extensively.
The fragrance has no real development, it simply becomes less biting and quieter over time. And that's a good thing, because: Old administrator's the strong one! I've never experienced anything like this before... Never more than 2-3 sprayers, otherwise you'll bother yourself and your fellow men.
I will not go into the individual fragrances, that has already been analyzed too many times. But from the bottle comes an incredibly complex mixture that I could only guess the fewest components. None of it muffs, they all lie next to each other glowing in the sun.

Attention: few seem to associate the fragrance with summer! So please don't get false expectations from my comment. For my part I lie somewhere in the Black Forest in the sun - it's almost 40°, the crickets don't chirp quite as loud but at least - I smell on my wrist and Shagaf Oud Abyad catapults me to the Croatian coast where the cicadas screech.

Mikxx
Blind purchase of the year
First of all I would like to say that I am a perfume novice with less than six months of experience. For years I penetrated my olfactory organ with the same boring scents, it's different since Parfumo and I always dare new experiments.
In the price range, in which the discussed fragrance is, I like to buy blind. So far I have rarely been disappointed by these. But now I've hit the jackpot with Shaghaf Oud Abyad.
I only own about 60 fragrances and have only twice as much experience with them. But this one is the absolute hammer.
A mixture of smoky leather combined with herbaceous, fresh oriental spices is like a bomb right from the start. Every now and then citric and fresh notes swap and disappear again.
The fact that the fragrance has an almost 9 rating here does not surprise me at all after the test. He's just awesome. You probably know it when you have a new bottle and after spraying it on you have to smell it over and over again on your wrist or under your t-shirt because the scent is just so horny - I had just such an experience with Oud Abjya.

Unfortunately the durability is not as described by others 12 but with me unfortunately only 6 hours. I can't get enough of this stuff. And now I spray myself with the price simply again a few splashes on it.

I'm glad I ordered two vials. For the money to simply enjoy such a crazy olfactory experience makes me simply happy.
9.0/10

AL AKHBAR!
Al Abyad! I meant of course! Which means this perfume is pretty big!
I don't know "Interlude Man" now, but I could already imagine that Amouage copied this fragrance here and released it as a dupe, as everyone wrote below. (I just skimmed that)

For all of you who like me can't read as much as I can due to lack of time, you can already see from my review that Shaghaf Oud Abyad smells pretty good. (insert link to souk here, Paypal, OneKlick)

For all, which need more help, because they cannot imagine the smell yet so correctly, are still undecided, because they are their whole life long already undecided, cannot decide, and never so really gain a foothold in the society, because you are simply not enthusiastic, here a detailed description:

Shaghaf Oud Abyad is a long-lasting unisex bouncer with proper bums in Kopp, heart + base.
"Rima" occurs to me, with its wonderfully stale full on the 12-cardamom, really beautiful, understatement sweetness by Tonka/Vanilla in the Base, and heartily always accompanying by Vetiver, which never bombs too loudly, but always only bockmäßig, sauer zwischenknallt with P99.

Well, if you don't know how the perfume smells now, then I don't know.
And what I now still say will not fit doubters (Abs.3): Fragrance pyramids are overrated.
8.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Basti87
Interlude Man for a small price
In the last week of 2018 I struck again. Once the Reflection Man by Amouage and this Shaghaf Oud Abyad by Swiss Arabian. With the crass resemblance one could almost count it to Amouage. Reflection and Interlude are the only two I find interesting about this brand. At least in the price range to think about buying. But Interlude was frankly too expensive for me, especially as it is inappropriate in many situations. That's why I chose this one, who has a good reputation here.

I found Interlude Man interesting at the first test, but somehow it wasn't mine. Too intense, too penetrating and somehow I couldn't think of a way to wear it. Until I wore it outside again on a warm summer night. Clear starry sky, full moon, warm temperatures and good music. That was a moment when I thought: It fits perfectly and is very interesting. It simply stands out from the usual fragrances and has something special.
When I didn't want to buy Shaghaf Oud Abyad, he was available for small money. When I got him, he wanted to be out of all the shops. Many shops do not carry this brand anyway. Notino has a large assortment of brands from Duabi (Rasasi, Swiss Arabian, Al Haramain etc.). After about half a year finally available again in the assortment. I think about 10 Euro more expensive, because they checked that it is very popular. But 34 Euros for 75ml is an extremely good price for such high quality fragrance.

I'm not going to describe this scent very well here. Most of them are here anyway because of Interlude Man. If you don't know either of the two fragrances, you should rather test one of them and not let yourself be influenced by the high ratings. They are oriental firecrackers, in which the motto is everything or nothing. Absolutely unfit for everyday use. No other scent to please everyone. Even if you have migraines or headaches, this scent can make you lose your mind.
If you look at the pyramids you see identical ones. Bergamot, oregano, pimento, amber, frankincense, opoponax, leather, oud, sandalwood, patchouli both share. In this respect, only a similar brew can come out. That's the way it is. The difference in price is not noticeable qualitatively. They are extremely identical. Only the performance is different. However, the poor performance is rather a plus point for the Swiss Arabian. The Amouage seems a little over and too much to me. But I have to say: Even for the "reduced" performance I still give 10 points. Could be the reformulated version of Interlude. From the scent no really big difference. I like the dry-down from Shaghaf better. The fragrance says goodbye more gracefully than Interlude. Even if the shelf life of Interlude is not from this world, the last minutes or hours I feel as slightly musty and disturbing.

All in one a perfect cheaper version. Even better for me.
8.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

Fortis
Who'd have thought, firecracker?
Long out of print and now available again. For läppische 24. - euro an Amouage Interlude.
I didn't want to believe it, but it is. Got the Interlude on the back of my hand on the left
and on the right the Shaghaf Oud Abayat. Stones me, but there's no difference
what's flirting under your nose. Of course there is a difference and that is the price.

Incense par excellence Incense pure, paired with myrrh and woods let the
Bedouin prince before the spiritual eye. The caravan makes a stopover at
Campfire, in between spices flash through the smoke, a tiny sweetness rises
on. Myrrh takes over temporarily, but the smoke is stronger. Class fragrance at the class price Es
really does not have to be a three-digit price, the Arabs prove with this fragrance very large
Desert station. Well done, boys.
9.0 10.0 9.0 9.5/10

Wonderful winter scent
Just received in the package, I had to tear open this white packaging with Arabic writing. The packaging is not inferior, the bottle also makes a good impression.
2 splashes applied...oh yes, that's not a bad buy!!!
Smoky, woody, resinous and somehow powdery...but I know this fragrance somehow from before.
I have to mention that I used to work in Switzerland for many years and had three times more income than today At that time I spent a lot of money with the purchase of high quality and expensive fragrances, from then on I know this or such a similar fragrance.
I just can't figure out which one it was, but it certainly wasn't cheap.
Quite in contrast to this fragrance, 28.50 with free shipping. But it's definitely too expensive on Ebay!
So, now some time has passed and the scent does not go through a big change, it only slowly decreases in intensity. But you clearly notice that it does not smell synthetic or cheap.
In the near future I will surely buy 2 more bottles, who knows how long it will last.
Who likes smells of this direction, that I can give an absolute buy recommendation.
If I can remember the scent from that time, I will edit this article.
8.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

Minigolf
What do I care Amouage... I got Swiss Arabian.
And with a perfectly clear conscience. A wonderful distinctive smoky fragrance with everything that was already "hip" more than 2000 years ago. A mixture of balsamic resins such as frankincense and myrrh, with a spicy hint of oregano on top. Birch resin and woods at the bottom, but also always well perceptible in the middle.
A slightly "dusty" Opoponax note completes the impression of a successful "Attars".
Oriental fragrance art of the special kind, also for small purses.
Now for a moment a cheeky statement: A fragrance makes an impression through its fragrance?! Who would walk around with a bottle drawn out and talk to people about "An expensive scent... "see what I can afford"?!?!!! Hardly anyone... at least I don't know anyone.
The "Shaghaf Oud Abyad" is a wonderful fragrance, exactly to my taste. And I don't have to brag about it. It impresses by effect (ME especially and my environment sniffs benevolently).
And if anyone asks me about it, I'll tell them (or write it down)....
And one thing is certain: an olfactory treat, more for cooler seasons...

Oregano bomb
Soo.. Before all these youtubers were sent this fragrance from the company itself, I've bought it earlier this year because I was 90% sure based on the notes, that it would smell like interlude by Amouage. Is it the case ? Yes, at 85 %.
The main notes here that I detect are : Oregano in the base, middle and top, frankincense.
Very herbal infusion tho, reminds of a tisane.
Performances : Great
8.0 9.0 10.0 9.5/10

Swiss Arabian Interlude Man or an almost unknown great oriental perfume
Middle East fragrance manufacturers sometimes indulge us with some fantastic fragrances.
Unfortunately in my case those oriental perfumes are never of the try and buy kind. My purchases always fall in one of two cases. Either I blind buy them or I get some help by reviews which is just an assisted way of a blind buy. I live in Portugal and I don't know any local retailer who carries perfums from the Middle East for me to test them before buying.
Well... to tell you the truth most of the times, after a careful analysis of the notes, the purchase is not regrettable. A few of them are quite successful purchases and such is the case of Shaghaf Oud Abyad. What a magnific blind buy. My saga begun with the purchase of the also magnific Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud (gorgeous golden flask) and atained the climax with this precious enamel white bottle of Oud Abyad. I expected it to be very good but I never imagined in advance that this fragrance would be so amazing.
As a matter of fact this two perfumes of Swiss Arabian make me look at this house as a top niche fragrance manufacturer, a regal maker of true heavenly alchemist potions.
After a couple of sprays, you start this voyage with a citrusy oregano scent served as a starter to fresh up your senses. Resins, smoky wood, sweet amber and intrusive incense create the mood for you to appreciate properly the triumphal bottom notes. In this olfactory banquet the smooth leather and the both wild and tamed oud give the final touch to this magnifically blended masterpiece.
Then it's time for the long pleasant balsamic smoky woody and leathery drydown. This long and pleasing phase may agraciate you with one of the best smoky woody scents I have ever experienced. And it seems to last forever.

EDIT: 14 hours went by and I still have an agreable and not faint skin scent in the back of my hand (where I tested it on skin).

My rates for Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud Abyad:
Scent Opening: 9.0 (my judgement)
Scent Dry Down: 10.0 (my judgement)
Longevity: 10.0 (very very long; 2 sprays may last for 12-14 hours)
Sillage: 9.0 (8~10 feet at its peak with just 2 sprays)
Uniqueness: 8.0 (quite unique but its enormeous similarity with Amouage Interlude Man make me take 2 points out; nevertheless if you are looking for a clone of Interlude Man, Shaghaf Oud Abyhad is almost a xerox copy of it, with better performance and 1/5~1/6 of its price.)
Wearability: 7.0 (cold weather)
Versatility: 7.0 (yes to enjoy on your own, clubbing, socializing, events, restaurants, dates, romancing, sex, office, picnics, weaddings, movies,... not good to office, small spaces, work out, places where you may sweat and beach)
Quality: 9.5 (my judgement)
Presentation: 8.0 (not as nice as Shaghaf Oud but simple and effective; very good sprayer)
Price: 9.5 (75 ml non tester for 22 Euros + shipping)

Overall rating: 8.70/10.00
- between 7 and 8 =above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recomended;
- bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
Advice: If you are a first timer with oriental oud fragrances, do try before you buy.
I strongly recommend this fragrance to oriental oud fragrances lovers; it's a dark, resinous, balsamic, oudy, woody, leathery fragrance with lots of smokiness and that may please many oriental fragrances lovers, both women and men and particulary in the over pleasant drydown.
7.0 9.0 10.0 10.0/10

Interlude Man of Amouage at ridiculous price
This is an incredible perfume, of a bestial quality and with an excellent performance, both in duration and in wake. Every time I find jewelry like this, I walk away from the designer perfumery, where they offer perfumed water and charge it to us as the pure essence of the gods, a scam we go ...

The box looks good, has a texture that mimics the wood and is very pleasant to the touch. The bottle is heavy and seems of good quality, sober lines, enameled in white and with a standard design, nothing spectacular. The cap is made of plastic, but it is well finished, and both the cap and the bottle include ornamental X-shaped slits, the bottle on its back and the cap on both sides.

The output is spectacular, a combination of sweet resins and oregano, with a touch citrus, fruity and picantito, I loved it! and I'm drooling ... This outing is frugal and in a matter of minutes you start to feel the incense and a slight nuance of smoked wood, resting on the last rattles of sweet resin of the exit, a preciousness! and I keep drooling ... Little by little the leather begins to feel, a bit rough, but very well balanced by the sweetness of the myrrh and the opoponac, which give it a more affable and sweet character, a preciousness with a slight nuance spicy and resinous, with touches of ethereal and smoky incense, amazing! and continued drooling ... In the final drying, the woody notes rise with drying, creating a woody, smoky, incense and resinous aroma, which, in particular, leaves me speechless and dry mouth from so much drooling . A resinous, incense, woody and sweet fragrance from start to finish, but not sugary sweet, is rather a natural sweetness of resins, which combines perfectly with an incense and smoky note that crosses the aroma from end to end. Amen.

This perfume is an almost 1: 1 clone of Amouage's Interlude.

The duration of the perfume is very good, exceeding 10 hours in skin, with a very marked wake, at least, the first two hours, then gradually falls and remains moderate to dry, a performance that could be classified as extraordinary.

The use of this perfume fits better in cold and temperate times, and of course, it is a nocturnal aroma, although, we could use it, unjustifiably, on a cold winter morning, just for the pleasure of carrying it, which is what I I will do it with total security, because I like so much its exquisite resinous warmth, that it has me spellbound and I want to dress it every time. This is what happens when I like a perfume so much, that every occasion is good to enjoy it, even if it is not the moment.

I recommend this perfume 100% to those who enjoy oriental sweet and resinous, with a good load of incense wood. A fragrant price perfume, for everything it offers, quality components and optimal performance, with an aroma far removed from current trends, but twinned with Western tastes, which should be in the collection of any good oriental lover.

Forgive me my bad English.

Mihaiu 18 days ago
best alternative for interlude ; quality/similarity/performance/price. It smells rich & expensive
JoaoMartins 29 days ago
Spectacular scent for the price. A nice clone of Interlude man
5.0
Emorandeira 149 days ago
A chance to get the interlude vibe without expending the Big amount of money It costs+1
Catarina 7 months ago
A good example of how a fragrance can be similar to a hit, and also have a "life of its own". Myrrh, leather and oud to please your senses.+3
Carlitos01 20 months ago
Fantastic Oriental perfume. It smells like a million Euros. Swiss Arabian endulged us with a celestial scent for a quite inexpensive price.+4
10.0

Ebenbürtiger Zwilling von Interlude Man Amouage:-)
by Nordlicht56
by Mann
by Helge
by Helge

Popular Swiss Arabian

Shaghaf Oud by Swiss Arabian Casablanca by Swiss Arabian Rakaan (Eau de Parfum) by Swiss Arabian Attar al Ghutra by Swiss Arabian Al Basel by Swiss Arabian Shawq by Swiss Arabian Nawaf by Swiss Arabian Noora (Eau de Parfum) by Swiss Arabian Mutamayez by Swiss Arabian Mukhalat Malaki by Swiss Arabian Shumoukh Al Ghutra by Swiss Arabian Attar Mubakhar by Swiss Arabian Zahra (Eau de Parfum) by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Men by Swiss Arabian Fadeitak (Eau de Parfum) by Swiss Arabian Dehn al Oodh Malaki by Swiss Arabian Black Afgano by Swiss Arabian Mukhalat Barq by Swiss Arabian Musk Flora Al Arais by Swiss Arabian Oud Maknoon by Swiss Arabian