Shaghaf Oud Abyad

Shaghaf Oud Abyad by Swiss Arabian
Shaghaf Oud Abyad is a popular perfume by Swiss Arabian for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is smoky-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.
Scent goes well with Monoï de Tahiti / Monoï (Eau Parfumante)

Top Notes Top NotesPepperPepper OreganoOregano BergamotBergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmberAmber FrankincenseFrankincense LabdanumLabdanum MyrrhMyrrh
Base Notes Base NotesLeatherLeather OudOud PatchouliPatchouli SandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by Irini, last update on 13.05.2022.

Zebra782
Chaotic opening, divine dry down.
First of all, the name of the fragrance has nothing to do with the actual smell, this is all kinds of darkness cramped together in the confinement of one heavy ceramic-type bottle, why they went with the name and the color is beyond me.

I stumbled upon this fragrance by pure chance, went into a Swiss Arabian boutique to get something for my wife, and the bloody salesman refused to let me go until I got something for myself as well -and since it was cheap (about $33) I figured why not ?- so here I am.

When I tested this on a testing strip at the boutique – which was air conditioned and absolutely freezing- I smelled classy aromatic Incense, and that impression was enough at the moment to bait me into buying it.

I kept it in its box and forgot all about it for several months, since I already have several oud/leather/incense fragrances in my collection, then a week ago or so I remembered it and sprayed it again, and it was a night and day difference, I got a harsh messy spicy smoky pungent smell, and to be honest I was initially disappointed, but in about 45 minutes things got very smooth and very pleasant.

I am not going to break down the smell and the longevity aspects since folks here have already done a pretty good job of it, however I am going to say something, it is said that pretty much all fragrances of all kinds are suitable for any type of situation all year round, depending of course on the notes of the fragrance and how many sprays you do, not this one though, this is thick and very heavy, the shine from the perfume oil alone will stay on your skin for a good 15 minutes, so even one spray in the summer on your hand will have people around you giving you the creeps, I would refrain from using it in spring as well, this is purely a winter creature, there it will be in its natural habitat where it will effortlessly cut through the cold like a hot knife through butter, and that’s exactly why it smelled so good in the boutique and not so at home.

Not familiar with Interlude Man so the comparisons here are meaningless to me, but I can tell this smells luxurious, and for a sub $40 price which is a little under a sixth of the price of a 50ml bottle of Interlude, the price to quality ratio here is so incredible that I would wholeheartedly recommend blind buying this and just keeping it away until the thick of winter, trust me, you won’t regret it..!!

This is DEFINITELY worth it
If you like Interlude, you’ll love this. While it might not be quite as “shiny” as far as materials/ingredients go… you’ll only notice it if you’ve already spent the $300+ on the Amouage lolol… and that’s the sad truth.

Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING is close enough to make a blind man smile.

Now I’m not saying go ahead and blind buy it, because if you don’t like incense, you won’t like this… but I am saying if you like Interlude, but don’t have $300 to just “drop”, then check this guy out.

Is it “exact”? No… it’s a tad lighter and sweeter. Is it “close enough”? Hmmm… for 15% of what you’d pay for the original, I’d say most definitely.

Performance wise; it projects very loudly (easy 4ft+ radius), for an easy 4+ hours before it “backs down” (the sillage lasts and lasts). Longevity is 8+ hours easily as well. The only gripe I would have is the bottle, but that is REACHING for something to cry about. If you like Interlude, check this out. I found it for $30. SCORE!!

I m impressed
I bought it for the first time the origan ( fresh spicy ) and smokyness is what you smell and than it becaumes woody acid and last 6h yet the second bottel is extremly different in first you smell only alchool after 2 min it becomes strong and smilar to the amouage interlude but it miss the spicy and smoky sides it's astonishing to see the same perfume changing from a botel that's why the reveiw differ between reveiwers
The twin...
The back story is that I came to the fragrances of Amouage and thereby in the perfumery the interlude Black iris have tested...as mitigation I ordered the interlude on ebay as a sample. Yes that pleases... The seller referred me thereby also to the shagaf oud abyad...
so keep an eye on it!
Now that I own ne filling and have tested the following:
The first spray tells me that is Amouage interlude.... yes actually it is the twin of this fragrance, however, I feel this here as not quite as heavy and oppressive at the beginning as the Amouage...
The fragrance itself is ne great mix of oriental, spicy and smoky...
Frankincense, myrrh, the woods...all that polarizes, but not too intrusive and in itself round and warm tuned where you have to say the fragrance is something special and not necessarily the everyday life in the office or the workshop...the sillage is fully there and it lasts very long...
Price super, if you value nuances or the name puts ok..otherwise the cheapest variant to Amouage...
Surferbooi
The coniferous forest in the bottle
Imagine you're walking in a coniferous forest and somewhere a campfire is still burning...
That's exactly how this fragrance smells!
Vor ab yes, it's a clone of Interlude Man, even a very good one!

The Shaghaf Oud Abyad starts with a fresh spicy note, but the spicy is definitely in the foreground. But now not so spicy in the direction of Christmas or so but rather Italian..dark...whether that would be a black oregano.... Sounds funny but so I feel that :D

And then the incense comes through, paired with resinous green notes and a squeeze of lemon, which rounds it all out. In addition, woody notes come with too and these in conjunction with the resinous green notes result in such a coniferous forest note for me.

The shelf life is 8 hours.
The fragrance does not project now like the Shagaf Oud but still for the price very good!
I would say 4-6 hours take him people around you well war.
Generally find him but also easier to wear.

I think who stands on incense & resinous fragrances or a cheap alternative to Interlude Man is hereby well advised!
Fireplace to feel good
I have this fragrance as a blind purchase in the Souk transacted and had no idea what awaits me. The original of Amouage, which it is probably based on reading the comments, I know just as little. I was just looking for a fragrance that offers a counterpoint to my otherwise rather sweet oriental fragrances.

What I can say for sure is that this fragrance has blown me away .

As I mentioned in my first comment, I deal "consciously" only a couple of weeks with the world of fragrances and have accordingly little comparison or experience, so I can only describe how this firecracker smells for ME.

Hardly was the package of dear Schleiby opened, were also already the first two pumping on my wrist and neck distributed . Like a slap in the face came to me immediately this wonderful smoky scent in the nose , not biting , rather cold and refreshing .

The first thought that immediately popped into my head was a walk in the winter time , when the sun shines but it is still cold and it smells wonderful outside everywhere like a fireplace .
I don't know how else to explain it , chimney smoke outdoors on a sunny winter day.

After the drydown and the first strong smell of smoke, the scent evolved for my nose in a very refreshing direction. The smoke remained, but also ethereal, cold citrus notes joined.
The whole reinforced the perception of freshness and winter in my head even more.
Besides the citrus notes, I could also perceive green and herbal notes that reminded me of thyme.

For me no fresh summer scent , but clearly refreshing . Just a cold, winter freshness.

To me the fragrance just gave a very comforting feeling and I could not stop smelling me in the evening on the couch .... as if we had the fireplace on and the window on :D

The durability is really bombastic and even the next morning I could still clearly perceive the fragrance. The sillage is equally expressive . After showering, I put it on the next day directly again and have had the feeling that even with mask (corona) the people at the shops, have turned around after me.
Besides all my sweet vanilla monsters, this is my new fragrance when I want to feel fresh, strong and comfortable

~~ Burned meat, warm 'n' sweet. ~~
Picture yourself going to the butcher's, picking up a fresh steak (with the skin still on), taking it home, dunking it in oregano and salt, throwing it on the BBQ and burning the edges. Then, with a careful hand, cuttin the burned edges away and holding them up to your nose. That's it. That's this scent exactly. Leather, oregano, incense, with just a smidgen (yes, that's a real word) of sweetness in the background.

It's definitely an Interlude clone, and a decent one at that, albeit a bit more reeled-in. Begins with a harsh cacophony of oregano, smoke and leather and dials it back after about 30 minutes before the incense really takes over the blend. On paper, descriptions of it being akin to a messy spice cabinet are bang on. But that incense PROJECTS boiii. Definitely a "mysterious" type of scent that turns heads, but not the kind that drops any kind of undergarments. In fact, up close, you might as well smell like a BBQ chef or firefighter. Well....I suppose ONE of those might be considered provocative. LOL

Projection is piercing and longevity is excellent, so I would never recommend more than 2-3 sprays, lest you feel like social distancing. Wouldn't consider it on the level of Interlude (especially in density), but it'll still fill a room. In essence, it's basically an herbal leather with incense tendrils that seek out the closest nose and tickle it to start asking questions. Nothing really complex, but oddly addictive in its own way. For the price, it's definitely a winner in my book. Budget Interlude approved.

Batch code - SM079149D (08/2020, made in UAE)

Update: It's strange, but the more I spray from the bottle, the warmer and richer the amber becomes. Literally didn't happen the first week I wore it, but now it's rather obvious. Needed to amend the title to reflect this, but it seems as though the leather is now enveloped by a warm amber blanket. Sometimes it even reminds me of a melted toffee - not in a gourmand sense, but a wonderful balance to the smokiness and herbs. It's now become closer to a love for me, and as a result, sure, what the hey, 4-5 sprays!

KimJong
Slightly different from bottle to bottle
I bought two more backup bottles and noticed that there were slight differences between them.

One bottle was purchased from fragrancex, and very similar to Interlude, but more smoky and less sweet from the opening. It smells like a bonfire and it's a dark smoke bomb, but the resinous sweetness is constantly subtly sensed at its source. It is a 2018 batch.

The other was bought from an Israeli seller on ebay, and it's woody herbal soapy water flowed out from the opening and gradually become animalic resin scent. Its opening is slightly reminiscent of Narciso Bleu Noir for my nose. The smoky side in it is much less, and the amber stands out more than the frankincense/myrrh in the drydown. If I can say this, it only has a slight touch of vapor, and there is no dark smoke at all (except for the drydown). Nevertheless, the lush woody vibes that seem almost refreshing still make this mystical. It is a 2019 batch.

The first one is the smoky resinous version, the second one is the herbal woody version, I call. This difference may not be the difference in the year of production due to reformulation, but may be just a subtle difference between each bottle. The two make a noticeable difference only in the opening, but over time they both become equally similar to Interlude, and both are very luxurious.

The herbal woody version is a bit less complex but much wearable for me. There is little difference between the two in terms of performance, but it seems that the smoky version is projected a little further. Both are really high quality, not just cheap clones. I rate both with the same score. The smoky version is much closer to Interlude, but the herbal woody version has another charm.

Add: In the drydown, herbal woody version is like a patchouli powder what is very similar to Molinard Vanille Patchouli. I reviewed one more day and concluded that the 2018 and 2019 batches still share similarities, but the 2019 batch no longer resembles Interlude.
Schruppen
Interlude yes, but not from the beginning
Yes, it is very reminiscent of the scent of Amouage. Still, I must say, not from the beginning. The first spray is intense. Woody, smoky, severe. So it's different from Amouage Interlude. But in the drydown, it gets closer and closer until it catches up with him. Then the two are almost identical. Also in terms of durability. I highly recommend it

Rquill67
My smokey favourite for winter and fall...
This is an amazing fragrance! You don’t need a lot. Maybe one spray. Projects great and lasts a long time. It’s spicy, woody, smokey and dries down into a nice smoked oud with amber. Great oriental fragrance. Mysterious, sensual and foreign. I will buy again!

Stevens95Stevens95 9 months ago
Just one of this fragrance showing you that all fragrances do not smell similar ! Love the audacity
CaspikaarCaspikaar 1 year ago
It’s a great performing and well balanced fragrance. However I find it a little boring, like it’s missing some unique dna. Casual sunday.
EinsteinvEinsteinv 1 year ago
Creamy balsamic oregano. Very heavy. Not for young people
KimJongKimJong 2 years ago
The best of the three Shaghaf Oud series. Religious ambience and luxury splendor coexist. Not as thick and diverse as Interlude.
MihaiuMihaiu 2 years ago
woody, aromatic and smokey leather. best cheap alternative for interlude
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 3 years ago
Spectacular scent for the price. A nice clone of Interlude man
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 3 years ago
A chance to get the interlude vibe without expending the Big amount of money It costs
CatarinaCatarina 3 years ago
A good example of how a fragrance can be similar to a hit, and also have a "life of its own". Myrrh, leather and oud to please your senses.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 4 years ago
Fantastic Oriental perfume. It smells like a million Euros. Swiss Arabian indulged us with a celestial scent for a quite inexpensive price.

Ebenbürtiger Zwilling von Interlude Man Amouage:-)
by Slickadam
by Helge
by Simplex
by Simplex

Popular by Swiss Arabian

Dehn el Oud Mubarak by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud by Swiss Arabian Casablanca by Swiss Arabian Dehn el Ood Shaheen by Swiss Arabian Attar al Ghutra by Swiss Arabian Sehr Al Sheila by Swiss Arabian Gharaam by Swiss Arabian Nawaf by Swiss Arabian Wajd by Swiss Arabian Shawq by Swiss Arabian Rakaan (Eau de Parfum) by Swiss Arabian Mukhalat Malaki by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud Aswad by Swiss Arabian Shumoukh Al Ghutra by Swiss Arabian Attar Mubakhar by Swiss Arabian Pure Instinct by Swiss Arabian Oud Maknoon by Swiss Arabian Al Basel by Swiss Arabian Mutamayez by Swiss Arabian Noora (Perfume Oil) by Swiss Arabian