Shaghaf Oud Abyad

Shaghaf Oud Abyad by Swiss Arabian
Shaghaf Oud Abyad is a popular perfume by Swiss Arabian for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is smoky-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.
Scent goes well with Monoï de Tahiti / Monoï (Eau Parfumante)

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
Base Notes Base NotesLeatherLeather
OudOud
PatchouliPatchouli
SandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by Irini, last update on 25.10.2021.

The twin...
The back story is that I came to the fragrances of Amouage and thereby in the perfumery the interlude Black iris have tested...as mitigation I ordered the interlude on ebay as a sample. Yes that pleases... The seller referred me thereby also to the shagaf oud abyad...
so keep an eye on it!
Now that I own ne filling and have tested the following:
The first spray tells me that is Amouage interlude.... yes actually it is the twin of this fragrance, however, I feel this here as not quite as heavy and oppressive at the beginning as the Amouage...
The fragrance itself is ne great mix of oriental, spicy and smoky...
Frankincense, myrrh, the woods...all that polarizes, but not too intrusive and in itself round and warm tuned where you have to say the fragrance is something special and not necessarily the everyday life in the office or the workshop...the sillage is fully there and it lasts very long...
Price super, if you value nuances or the name puts ok..otherwise the cheapest variant to Amouage...
Surferbooi
The coniferous forest in the bottle
Imagine you're walking in a coniferous forest and somewhere a campfire is still burning...
That's exactly how this fragrance smells!
Vor ab yes, it's a clone of Interlude Man, even a very good one!

The Shaghaf Oud Abyad starts with a fresh spicy note, but the spicy is definitely in the foreground. But now not so spicy in the direction of Christmas or so but rather Italian..dark...whether that would be a black oregano.... Sounds funny but so I feel that :D

And then the incense comes through, paired with resinous green notes and a squeeze of lemon, which rounds it all out. In addition, woody notes come with too and these in conjunction with the resinous green notes result in such a coniferous forest note for me.

The shelf life is 8 hours.
The fragrance does not project now like the Shagaf Oud but still for the price very good!
I would say 4-6 hours take him people around you well war.
Generally find him but also easier to wear.

I think who stands on incense & resinous fragrances or a cheap alternative to Interlude Man is hereby well advised!
Fireplace to feel good
I have this fragrance as a blind purchase in the Souk transacted and had no idea what awaits me. The original of Amouage, which it is probably based on reading the comments, I know just as little. I was just looking for a fragrance that offers a counterpoint to my otherwise rather sweet oriental fragrances.

What I can say for sure is that this fragrance has blown me away .

As I mentioned in my first comment, I deal "consciously" only a couple of weeks with the world of fragrances and have accordingly little comparison or experience, so I can only describe how this firecracker smells for ME.

Hardly was the package of dear Schleiby opened, were also already the first two pumping on my wrist and neck distributed . Like a slap in the face came to me immediately this wonderful smoky scent in the nose , not biting , rather cold and refreshing .

The first thought that immediately popped into my head was a walk in the winter time , when the sun shines but it is still cold and it smells wonderful outside everywhere like a fireplace .
I don't know how else to explain it , chimney smoke outdoors on a sunny winter day.

After the drydown and the first strong smell of smoke, the scent evolved for my nose in a very refreshing direction. The smoke remained, but also ethereal, cold citrus notes joined.
The whole reinforced the perception of freshness and winter in my head even more.
Besides the citrus notes, I could also perceive green and herbal notes that reminded me of thyme.

For me no fresh summer scent , but clearly refreshing . Just a cold, winter freshness.

To me the fragrance just gave a very comforting feeling and I could not stop smelling me in the evening on the couch .... as if we had the fireplace on and the window on :D

The durability is really bombastic and even the next morning I could still clearly perceive the fragrance. The sillage is equally expressive . After showering, I put it on the next day directly again and have had the feeling that even with mask (corona) the people at the shops, have turned around after me.
Besides all my sweet vanilla monsters, this is my new fragrance when I want to feel fresh, strong and comfortable

~~ Burned meat, warm 'n' sweet. ~~
Picture yourself going to the butcher's, picking up a fresh steak (with the skin still on), taking it home, dunking it in oregano and salt, throwing it on the BBQ and burning the edges. Then, with a careful hand, cuttin the burned edges away and holding them up to your nose. That's it. That's this scent exactly. Leather, oregano, incense, with just a smidgen (yes, that's a real word) of sweetness in the background.

It's definitely an Interlude clone, and a decent one at that, albeit a bit more reeled-in. Begins with a harsh cacophony of oregano, smoke and leather and dials it back after about 30 minutes before the incense really takes over the blend. On paper, descriptions of it being akin to a messy spice cabinet are bang on. But that incense PROJECTS boiii. Definitely a "mysterious" type of scent that turns heads, but not the kind that drops any kind of undergarments. In fact, up close, you might as well smell like a BBQ chef or firefighter. Well....I suppose ONE of those might be considered provocative. LOL

Projection is piercing and longevity is excellent, so I would never recommend more than 2-3 sprays, lest you feel like social distancing. Wouldn't consider it on the level of Interlude (especially in density), but it'll still fill a room. In essence, it's basically an herbal leather with incense tendrils that seek out the closest nose and tickle it to start asking questions. Nothing really complex, but oddly addictive in its own way. For the price, it's definitely a winner in my book. Budget Interlude approved.

Batch code - SM079149D (08/2020, made in UAE)

Update: It's strange, but the more I spray from the bottle, the warmer and richer the amber becomes. Literally didn't happen the first week I wore it, but now it's rather obvious. Needed to amend the title to reflect this, but it seems as though the leather is now enveloped by a warm amber blanket. Sometimes it even reminds me of a melted toffee - not in a gourmand sense, but a wonderful balance to the smokiness and herbs. It's now become closer to a love for me, and as a result, sure, what the hey, 4-5 sprays!

KimJong
Slightly different from bottle to bottle
I bought two more backup bottles and noticed that there were slight differences between them.

One bottle was purchased from fragrancex, and very similar to Interlude, but more smoky and less sweet from the opening. It smells like a bonfire and it's a dark smoke bomb, but the resinous sweetness is constantly subtly sensed at its source. It is a 2018 batch.

The other was bought from an Israeli seller on ebay, and it's woody herbal soapy water flowed out from the opening and gradually become animalic resin scent. Its opening is slightly reminiscent of Narciso Bleu Noir for my nose. The smoky side in it is much less, and the amber stands out more than the frankincense/myrrh in the drydown. If I can say this, it only has a slight touch of vapor, and there is no dark smoke at all (except for the drydown). Nevertheless, the lush woody vibes that seem almost refreshing still make this mystical. It is a 2019 batch.

The first one is the smoky resinous version, the second one is the herbal woody version, I call. This difference may not be the difference in the year of production due to reformulation, but may be just a subtle difference between each bottle. The two make a noticeable difference only in the opening, but over time they both become equally similar to Interlude, and both are very luxurious.

The herbal woody version is a bit less complex but much wearable for me. There is little difference between the two in terms of performance, but it seems that the smoky version is projected a little further. Both are really high quality, not just cheap clones. I rate both with the same score. The smoky version is much closer to Interlude, but the herbal woody version has another charm.

Add: In the drydown, herbal woody version is like a patchouli powder what is very similar to Molinard Vanille Patchouli. I reviewed one more day and concluded that the 2018 and 2019 batches still share similarities, but the 2019 batch no longer resembles Interlude.
Schruppen
Interlude yes, but not from the beginning
Yes, it is very reminiscent of the scent of Amouage. Still, I must say, not from the beginning. The first spray is intense. Woody, smoky, severe. So it's different from Amouage Interlude. But in the drydown, it gets closer and closer until it catches up with him. Then the two are almost identical. Also in terms of durability. I highly recommend it

Rquill67
My smokey favourite for winter and fall...
This is an amazing fragrance! You don’t need a lot. Maybe one spray. Projects great and lasts a long time. It’s spicy, woody, smokey and dries down into a nice smoked oud with amber. Great oriental fragrance. Mysterious, sensual and foreign. I will buy again!
The Saudi Shaft
Long name, short conclusion: "Shaghaf Oud Abyad" is the best "Interlude Man" clone on the market!

A smoking dog before the Lord, this high quality Swiss Arabian therapy is an oriental monster without mercy. Smoky, woody, roomy. A campfire in Oman, the most beautiful forest fire ever, a charred pizza in a leather handbag, a hairy sultan without clothes, a board with teeth, an angular beast with curves. Sounds stupid, but that's how it is! Oud perfectly woven, myrrh like from the holy three, Christmas at the Burj Khalifa. Solid and transcending borders. Not for the faint of heart, not for the sensitive, not for the sensitive nose, not for the beginner. A scent in bass. It's not just the wallet that's happy!

Flacon: typical Cheapie from 'm Orient
Sillage: La Bomba
Durability: does not stop - and that is a good thing! 18 hours?!

Conclusion: the perfect, easily affordable alternative to the beast "Interlude Man". Even a bit rounder and more portable, but very close. Amazing. And good. Very good. Brute and powerful, a furious pocket fireplace!

Queruccio
Excellent fragrance! Still a clone, but very good job!
It is difficult to explain the fragrance, it is quite unique and it is much easier to go to a perfume shop and try Amouage Interlude for Men.
Not a easy and wearable fragrance, but very luxurious and complex. You will stand out from the mass fragrances, as this is something unusual.
In short, a great clone of Amouage Interlude, differences:
- a touch less smoke and complexity in the opening;
- a bit weaker after 1 hour - where Interlude still project 1 mt;
- drydown - after 2 hrs - is not very complex and refined as Amouage.

Performance:
- longevity - my skin 6/7 hrs - clothes 16hr.
- projection - my skin 1/2 hrs - clothes 8 hrs.
After 1/2 hrs the projection is almost gone, still u ve a few cms bubble.

ps. I have just tried also Ard Al Zaafaran Midnight Oud, differences:
- sweeter than Shaghaf Oud Abyad, a bit sweeter than Interlude;
- Midnight oud has slightly better performance than this, probably due to its sweetness in the drydown.
1.5
Traum76
It's turned out "shaggy."
When I stumbled upon Swiss Arabian by chance, I couldn't help but inform myself and read up on Shagaf Oud Abyad. Whether perfume contestants or ratings on YouTube. Parallels to Amouage Interlude were drawn again and again. And as a dream76 living in NRW, but originating from Baden-Württemberg, and also fascinated by the world of fragrances, the economy fox grabbed me by the collar. The description of the fragrance made me more than curious. I had to order it blind. Two of them. Correctly read... two of them. Blind?! Yeah, blind. Very well. The shipment came... unpacked... with my heart pounding, I held the heavy white bottle in my hand. Big eyes, I had. And bright eyes and a smirk on her face?! Yes and yes! That too! The moment had come... i held the desired bottle tight in my hand. Quickly remove the tightly fitting cap and off you go. Spray head activated. Landing site is my forearm. A herbaceous spice note found its way into my nose. I then held these against my sprayed forearm and... a metaphorical tear of sadness seemed to trickle out the corner of my eye. That's it?! This should be the fragrance that is not wearable by everyone, but that inspires so many scent noses? I left the first sobering impression in the room and decided not to wash off the scent until the evening. Several hours passed... sniffed the forearm from time to time. In the late evening this intense spice bomb was still (negatively) perceptible. Go into the shower and then spray Bentley for men intense deliberately lavishly, especially on the affected forearm. But... even after hours, I could smell the Shaghaf Oud on my skin... and I don't like him. The Bentley was literally beaten by a spice cabinet. Poor Bentley. I'm reasonable... got it. It definitely turned out shaggy

Stevens95Stevens95 3 months ago
Just one of this fragrance showing you that all fragrances do not smell similar ! Love the audacity
CaspikaarCaspikaar 6 months ago
It’s a great performing and well balanced fragrance. However I find it a little boring, like it’s missing some unique dna. Casual sunday.
EinsteinvEinsteinv 10 months ago
Creamy balsamic oregano. Very heavy. Not for young people
KimJongKimJong 2 years ago
The best of the three Shaghaf Oud series. Religious ambience and luxury splendor coexist. Not as thick and diverse as Interlude.
MihaiuMihaiu 2 years ago
woody, aromatic and smokey leather. best cheap alternative for interlude
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
Spectacular scent for the price. A nice clone of Interlude man
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 2 years ago
A chance to get the interlude vibe without expending the Big amount of money It costs
CatarinaCatarina 2 years ago
A good example of how a fragrance can be similar to a hit, and also have a "life of its own". Myrrh, leather and oud to please your senses.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 4 years ago
Fantastic Oriental perfume. It smells like a million Euros. Swiss Arabian endulged us with a celestial scent for a quite inexpensive price.

Ebenbürtiger Zwilling von Interlude Man Amouage:-)
by Slickadam
by Mann
by Helge
by Helge

Popular Swiss Arabian

Shaghaf Oud by Swiss Arabian Casablanca by Swiss Arabian Dehn el Oud Mubarak by Swiss Arabian Gharaam by Swiss Arabian Attar al Ghutra by Swiss Arabian Dehn el Ood Shaheen by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud Aswad by Swiss Arabian Sehr Al Sheila by Swiss Arabian Shumoukh Al Ghutra by Swiss Arabian Nawaf by Swiss Arabian Mukhalat Malaki by Swiss Arabian Shawq by Swiss Arabian Rakaan (Eau de Parfum) by Swiss Arabian Al Basel by Swiss Arabian Attar Mubakhar by Swiss Arabian Pure Instinct by Swiss Arabian Noora (Eau de Parfum) by Swiss Arabian Mutamayez by Swiss Arabian Oud Maknoon by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Men by Swiss Arabian