Shaghaf Oud Aswad

Shaghaf Oud Aswad by Swiss Arabian
Shaghaf Oud Aswad is a popular perfume by Swiss Arabian for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is oriental-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesWoody notesWoody notes SaffronSaffron ThymeThyme RoseRose
Heart Notes Heart NotesCorianderCoriander CuminCumin RoseRose JasmineJasmine PatchouliPatchouli OudOud
Base Notes Base NotesMuskMusk SandalwoodSandalwood LeatherLeather OudOud AmberAmber VanillaVanilla

Submitted by eBOSS, last update on 22.09.2022.

1 in-depth fragrance description
The rose jam
The Shaghaf Oud Aswad is in my opinion a mixture of the Shagaf Oud but without the gourmand notes, Oud Satin Mood and its own vibe And this own vibe makes the fragrance very interesting in my opinion.
I smell out a sweet rose that goes in the direction of jam.
There is also a hint of animalic and dry woody oud notes that are very soft and remind me a bit of Cambodian oud, which is what I have at home.
Overall, I also find the fragrance much gentler than its golden brother Shagaf Oud, which goes very much into the gourmand.

The durability is slightly worse than the Shagaf Oud.
I would say that holds on my skin about 6-7 hours.
Nevertheless, if you look at the price, you do nothing wrong!
Manogi
He might as well be a zoologist
A few days ago I had the opportunity to test "Shaghaf Oud" and was thrilled. Therefore, now also the "Shaghaf Oud Aswad" had to be here, whose spicier notes appealed to me. Many thanks to @Claudio78 for the bottling.

I also really like this fragrance. Although I think the oud notes are not as well done as in the "Shaghaf Oud". Instead, it comes up with a strong portion of animalism, which can also occur so with oud, but it still lacks the aroma typical for oud something. I agree with other commentators who have detected a strong urine note here. However, it is not as pervasive as in Zoologist's "Bat (2020)", for example. I can also trace the sweat note - presumably the usual suspect, cumin - here, albeit much more subtly.

In other respects, too, it reminds me of scents by Zoologist. The rose I feel here first as not very strong. For this I smell, similar to the "Camel", dried fruits.

After a few hours, it then becomes softer and sweeter. He then almost aligns a little with his big brother.

I think it is very wearable if you like Animalik. And who are the fragrances of Zoologist too expensive, which finds here an excellent and cheap alternative

Heavy and dense oud...
I have a few fragrances from the house of Swiss Arabian, and really enjoy this house. I have Shaghaf Oud Abyad, and Shaghaf Oud, and now I have Shaghaf Oud Aswad. While my favourite is Abyad (sweet and smokey); I do enjoy Aswad as it starts to dry down. The opening is very different from the dry-down, the dry-down is much better (after 15 minutes). This is a complex, heavy, dense, oud, incense, and rose. Sweet, spicy, woody, floral, balsamic, and silk. I’m warning you that you only need a few sprays. This projects well and last more than 8 hours. I definitely see wearing this in the fall and winter and give this fragrance a 8 / 10; not a 9/10 only because the Oud is a little soapy. I recommend picking up this fragrance from Swiss Arabian if you like Oud fragrances and you like a little bit of a challenge.
4.5

Rose and Oud? Rose!
I ordered a sample of the Shanghaf Oud Aswad, because I was and am really damn enthusiastic about the normal Shanghaf Oud! A great, sweetish scent with notes of roses and wood. Great!
Unfortunately, I cannot say the same about Shanghaf Oud Aswad.

When I first sprayed it on, the scent reminded me directly of my grandmother. In the first few strokes, the rose overwhelms you like I've never had it before! A little later a very light sweetness and far away a little wood mixes in. Basically, I also smell the scent DNA of the normal Shanghaf Oud, but the Aswad is turned full pot to rose
The performance is fantastic! It can still be smelled after 24h and a shower and several hand washes. Just for the price again a great performer from Swiss Arabian.

If you are looking for a cheap and perfomant rose scent, you will surely be very satisfied with the Shanghaf Oud Aswad.
SchnüFFleRR
Did that camel just pee-pee in the spice market?!
For now, I would like to note that this evaluation only corresponds to my subjective perception and I can absolutely understand that the fragrance has its lovers.

I am a great friend of the quality and many a fragrance creation of Swiss Arabian.
Abyad, al Ghutra, or also shaghaf oud (gold) I consider to be price-performance firecrackers and absolutely creative creations. As a logical consequence I also bought Shaghaf Oud Aswad.

I have been praying for some weaker oud scents and have often read/heard about animal/faecal occurrence of oud scents in videos or on perfume, but could not really imagine anything underneath... until Shaghaf Oud Aswad landed on my skin.

The opening is really crass, a lot of oud that stinks strongly of urine and sweat (I have to say it unfortunately).
Then after about 30 minutes of suffering, the other components come into play. Mainly rose and vanilla and a few indefinable spices that my nose can't quite place. On the positive side, the strong oud faecal smell is diminishing. The rose and a sweet vanilla are now more present. (Becomes sweeter and spicier)
The drydown is then actually very pleasant. Smells a bit like old rose in the Shishabar but there are definitely worse things.

Unfortunately, this unpleasant "oud smell" never disappears completely, making the fragrance difficult for me to wear. The fragrance Stark reminds me of the times in Turkey and Egypt. Many people there wear this combination of fragrances. I always thought the people there always "sweat" a little bit (no offense meant!) Now I know but I think better, because it was apparently the oud, which my western nose did not know.

The headline is deliberately provocative to at least warn people who expect a fragrance like Abyad or shaghaf oud. Here you get something completely different.
I think under certain circumstances the scent is really wearable for a small group of people. I can well imagine the smell on my Syrian friend. A traditional wedding or a family birthday would perhaps be appropriate as an occasion for the order. But even for him, the occasions for wearing them are probably very limited. I think I will give him the scent and I hope he enjoys it, because unfortunately the scent does not suit me at all.

Conclusion:
If you like oud scents and oriental scents and if you feel like a traditional, authentic scent and don't want to go with the crowd then have a go!
Do you want an everyday scent / party scent that is a little exotic and you and many other noses like well then hands off! I would advise against blind buying here despite the low price! Think one in ten people like the scent.
In the end it remains a matter of taste and I hope I was able to give one or the other an insight.
We're snooping...

7 short views on the fragrance
Carlitos01Carlitos01 4 years ago
It's a complex oud perfume, woody, spicy, resinous and just a bit sweet. It's strong but not barnyard type. I love it and recommend it.
AmberScentAmberScent 4 years ago
It's Rose & Oud but animalic Leather, smoky Vanilla and soft Amber as well !
Tamed enough to please you, and oriental enough to capture you.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 3 years ago
Maybe I go noseblind to this but it doesn't last to long for me....unlike the oud version which lasts forever....it's still a good one
KimJongKimJong 3 years ago
My judgment is "not bad". It's a bit clunky. If you spend only $10 more, you can get ST Dupont Rose & Oud which is far better than this.
DarkbeatDarkbeat 3 years ago
Oud very spicy, leather and floral, the mixture of roses and jasmine, is very balanced and is beautiful, excellent performance.
More statements

Images

6 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Swiss Arabian

Dehn el Oud Mubarak by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud by Swiss Arabian Casablanca by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud Abyad by Swiss Arabian Dehn el Ood Shaheen by Swiss Arabian Attar al Ghutra by Swiss Arabian Wajd by Swiss Arabian Gharaam by Swiss Arabian Sehr Al Sheila by Swiss Arabian Nawaf by Swiss Arabian Mukhalat Malaki by Swiss Arabian Shawq by Swiss Arabian Rakaan (Eau de Parfum) by Swiss Arabian Shumoukh Al Ghutra by Swiss Arabian Pure Instinct by Swiss Arabian Attar Mubakhar by Swiss Arabian Noora (Eau de Parfum) by Swiss Arabian Al Basel by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Men by Swiss Arabian Oud Maknoon by Swiss Arabian