Shaghaf Oud Aswad

Shaghaf Oud Aswad by Swiss Arabian

Shaghaf Oud Aswad is a popular perfume by Swiss Arabian for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is oriental-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesWoody notes, Saffron, Thyme, Rose
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoriander, Cumin, Rose, Jasmine, Patchouli, Oud
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Sandalwood, Leather, Oud, Amber, Vanilla

Submitted by eBOSS, last update on 26.03.2020.

6.0 8.0 8.0 5.0/10

SchnüFFleRR
Did that camel just pee-pee in the spice market?!
For now, I would like to note that this evaluation only corresponds to my subjective perception and I can absolutely understand that the fragrance has its lovers.

I am a great friend of the quality and many a fragrance creation of Swiss Arabian.
Abyad, al Ghutra, or also shaghaf oud (gold) I consider to be price-performance firecrackers and absolutely creative creations. As a logical consequence I also bought Shaghaf Oud Aswad.

I have been praying for some weaker oud scents and have often read/heard about animal/faecal occurrence of oud scents in videos or on perfume, but could not really imagine anything underneath... until Shaghaf Oud Aswad landed on my skin.

The opening is really crass, a lot of oud that stinks strongly of urine and sweat (I have to say it unfortunately).
Then after about 30 minutes of suffering, the other components come into play. Mainly rose and vanilla and a few indefinable spices that my nose can't quite place. On the positive side, the strong oud faecal smell is diminishing. The rose and a sweet vanilla are now more present. (Becomes sweeter and spicier)
The drydown is then actually very pleasant. Smells a bit like old rose in the Shishabar but there are definitely worse things.

Unfortunately, this unpleasant "oud smell" never disappears completely, making the fragrance difficult for me to wear. The fragrance Stark reminds me of the times in Turkey and Egypt. Many people there wear this combination of fragrances. I always thought the people there always "sweat" a little bit (no offense meant!) Now I know but I think better, because it was apparently the oud, which my western nose did not know.

The headline is deliberately provocative to at least warn people who expect a fragrance like Abyad or shaghaf oud. Here you get something completely different.
I think under certain circumstances the scent is really wearable for a small group of people. I can well imagine the smell on my Syrian friend. A traditional wedding or a family birthday would perhaps be appropriate as an occasion for the order. But even for him, the occasions for wearing them are probably very limited. I think I will give him the scent and I hope he enjoys it, because unfortunately the scent does not suit me at all.

Conclusion:
If you like oud scents and oriental scents and if you feel like a traditional, authentic scent and don't want to go with the crowd then have a go!
Do you want an everyday scent / party scent that is a little exotic and you and many other noses like well then hands off! I would advise against blind buying here despite the low price! Think one in ten people like the scent.
In the end it remains a matter of taste and I hope I was able to give one or the other an insight.
We're snooping...
8.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Noble - spicy
I confess, I'm a fan of Swiss Arabian!
My first blind purchases of this brand were Shaghaf Oud and Shaghaf Oud Abyad.
I was so taken with them that I bought almost everything I could afford from Swiss Arabian.
There are still 4 slightly more expensive ones that I will afford later.
Aswad doesn't really have anything of the other two, except that this is also a price cracker.
A bottle for 28th - you can't go wrong with that.
It starts with a lot of rose and spices and is underlaid with wood in the base.
In the base it reminds me a bit of G-Man and Aigner No2, but these two have a flowery and soapy entre.
H+S are good average.
If you like spicy scents, I'm sure there's nothing wrong with Aswad

Amazon1975 8 days ago
Maybe I go noseblind to this but it doesn't last to long for me....unlike the oud version which lasts forever....it's still a good one
6.0
KimJong 96 days ago
My judgment is "not bad". It's a bit clunky. If you spend only $10 more, you can get ST Dupont Rose & Oud which is far better than this.
Darkbeat 8 months ago
Oud very spicy, leather and floral, the mixture of roses and jasmine, is very balanced and is beautiful, excellent performance.+1
AmberScent 12 months ago
It's Rose & Oud but animalic Leather, smoky Vanilla and soft Amber as well !
Tamed enough to please you, and oriental enough to capture you.+2
Mihaiu 12 months ago
spicy balsamic velvet woody- amber- vanilla, very well combined with rose. Sweetish, sensual, unisex-feminine, for cool weather+1
Carlitos01 13 months ago
It's a complex oud perfume, woody, spicy, resinous and just a bit sweet. It's strong but not barnyard type. I love it and recommend it.+4

Popular Swiss Arabian

Casablanca by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud by Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud Abyad by Swiss Arabian Attar al Ghutra by Swiss Arabian Nawaf by Swiss Arabian Rakaan (Eau de Parfum) by Swiss Arabian Mukhalat Malaki by Swiss Arabian Dehn el Ood Mubarak by Swiss Arabian Shumoukh Al Ghutra by Swiss Arabian Spirit Absolute by Swiss Arabian Sehr Al Sheila by Swiss Arabian Al Basel by Swiss Arabian Noora (Eau de Parfum) by Swiss Arabian Attar Mubakhar by Swiss Arabian Mutamayez by Swiss Arabian Kalimat by Swiss Arabian Cupid by Swiss Arabian Nouf by Swiss Arabian Attar al Sheila by Swiss Arabian Shawq by Swiss Arabian