Valkyrie by Sylvaine Delacourte
Valkyrie is a perfume by Sylvaine Delacourte for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is spicy-creamy. It is still in production.

Sandalwood, Madagascan vanilla, Galbanum, Basil, Bitter orange, Lime, Bergamot, Spearmint

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 25.08.2020.

Late Confession
Noramlerweise, I don't like solifore vanilla scents. They are often too one-dimensional for me, too gourmandig, too unimaginative, too synthetic, too vulgar, too insistent etc.. Something is always missing or something is always too much. Well, you're always taught something better by life, as in the case of Valkyrie.

I got a sample of the fragrance in a perfumery as an addition to my purchase. I have already read about this vanilla series on the Internet and asked myself, what am I supposed to do with it if I don't crave vanilla? Well, last night I finally got to test the scent. Unanticipated I sprayed a splash of scent onto my wrist.

First, indifferent reaction: vanilla, as expected. Second reaction: mmm, what I smell here is delicious! I smell fresh, sweet dough and then cinnamon slugs fresh from the open! And this even though cinnamon is not on the list of ingredients. And the sandalwood can also be heard, from the way the Lutens used it in "Jeax de Peau". The vanilla is (probably due to galbanum and wood) well grounded and very beautiful. Everything smells very natural and also gourmandig, but not too much. And the wearer must probably be the person who just baked the cinnamon snowcn :).

I have to say: you hear the scent very well from the middle distance. Again and again the wonderfully warm, calming, homely scent rises into your nose and delights your heart. In the Sillage, the fragrance even seems a bit fresher and more interesting, it gets a twist, because from the distance you can really get a good idea of the bitter orange and mint.

I fall asleep with the scent and the next morning it's still there: more than skin scent now, but still very good to hear. The durability of the perfume is therefore enormously great!

Conclusion: the fragrance definitely has something, it is something special, of good quality and has enchanted me. The performance is also totally convincing. If it weren't for the 160 € you have to pay for Valkyrie, I would have got the scent. But he'll definitely get on my wish list.
The apples of the Hesperides
The Hersperids were six nymphs whose origin - often in Greek mythology - is not quite clear.
Both Atlas and Hersperos, the evening star, can be considered as fathers.
With the mothers the selection is probably just as large and indeterminable.
In the "Garden of the Hesperides" these nymphs, together with the hundred-headed dragon Ladon (who possesses his own, after the fragrance named) guarded the wonder tree, which was a present for Hera's wedding with Zeus.
Its golden fruits/apples should give eternal youth to the gods.
But only Heracles managed, as eleven of his twelve tasks, to pick these fruits.
This young man was also not from "pure divine line", although his direct ancestors are at least known for a change.
Zeus was an "old philanderer" during his divine life and came up with the most fantastic ideas when it came to approaching his current beloved. We only think of the bull, the swan and the rain.
That was already necessary, because Hera, his wife and probably also government in Olympus, already looked on the fact that he did not jump too often sideways.
For the beautiful Alkmene, who didn't want to know anything about him, he thought up something quite perfidious in his once again bubbling sensuality: he came as Amphitryon, her husband! - She could not even be accused of adultery: how practical! But also how treacherous of the old lecher!
Heracles, who practically grew up in the household of his foster father Amphitryon, originated from this connection.
Everything else can be found in the "Greek legends of gods and heroes".
(I hope nobody here insists on an exact source.)

I tell this beautiful story for a reason: Sylvaine Delacourte has subtitled her vanilla fragrance creations.
So "Valkyrie" is also called "Vanilla Hespéridée": here they are, the Hesperides.
And we know that the golden fruits were not so much apples as oranges in colour and shape.
(In the other case, this garden of the Hesperides might even have been located in the "Old Land"; only they would have had to dress a little warmer.)

This is how this wonderfully fresh entrée of "Valkyrie" can be explained: juicy and aromatic bitter oranges and limes meet here with bergamot and green mint and basil are added as special guests!
Basil's spice is always worth a reunion joy to me (or would "re-smelling joy" be more right here?).
Aromatically fresh and strongly spicy, this fragrance opens.
Sylvaine Delacourte's always very delicate vanilla is a wonderful match; it grinds off the somewhat hard corners and edges that the herbs bring with them, covering many a slightly hearty scent.
Thus "Valkyrie" becomes supple and forms the ideal loading area for galbanum and sandalwood!
Fresh, spicy, creamy, this fragrance appears fresh: sandalwood takes it skilfully out of the stage of neutrality and gives it a slight sexuality, a tender sensuality!

The durability is as delicate and fine as with "Virgile": a densely woven, albeit light cloth at the beginning, only a fine hint of vanilla spice remains at the end!
Vakyrie" is also pleasing and can be worn at any time; nobody will mind.
It is more likely that a slight sniff of vanilla will occur: because these vanilla dreams leave a fine trace of scent, which if necessary also leads out of "a dark forest"!

With "Valkyrie", Sylvaine Delacourte has created an extremely successful "Praise of the Gods".
A star in the olfactory Olympus is definitely safe for her!
Maryam1410
1979 - Mama unpacked the good soap...
....and the soap paper I was allowed to keep, it was then placed between the nightdresses in the wardrobe and I was so proud of the great smell.
The older ones of us still remember that they didn't have liquid soap back then. And there was a fairy tale that soaps that were stored for a long time would last longer. My mother had a whole suitcase of soaps on the wardrobe. Lots of cheap drugstore soaps they had back then. But there were also "good" soaps, which were first wrapped in paper and then stowed in the soapbox. They were then unpacked at Christmas or after the big spring cleaning - and the paper from it went into the linen cupboard.

No matter how hard I try, I can't get anything out of this fragrance, not even vanilla. Actually, I can't perceive any scent at all, everything inside me is just screaming "soap". Certainly a good soap with fragrant paper ...... but still: pure soap.
Veilchen75
A quintet of great finesse and a new vanilla experience
A series of five fragrances actually, in place of these fragrances, commented on as a whole. For as such they are to be seen. They kind of belong together. Quite independent, but clearly related. Only when you have tested all five vanilla fragrances does one of the reasons for the series open up. Each fragrance should represent and capture a nuance, a vanilla gracefulness. Hesperidic, Floral, Solar/Sunny, Spicy and Aromatic. As different as the perfumer's demands on each fragrance are, I claim they are not as different as the ingredients and characters suggest. I like every direction. All five are very finely woven, balanced, soft and like a veil. To speak of Sillage here almost does not do justice to the scents, they surround me more like an aura, a shell. They adapt. No one has an in-your-face vanilla. All are created with the same fine natural Madegass vanilla. Probably for this reason they are particularly similar in the base. And yet, I guess everyone here will find someone they like more. But I don't really feel "inappropriate" for anybody. That is actually the special thing about this creation.
I'm not much of a vanilla fan. But this may also be due to the fact that sweet, synthetic vanillas blow around our noses.
All in all, a big compliment, if I may even say so. I'm trapped. And yet I have a wafer-thin favorite. This one here, Valkyrie.
Addendum: Now it dawns on me what the beautiful base vanilla reminds me of: Souffle de Shalimar - ouch, from the house of Guerlain :)

by Felsn
by Felsn

Popular Sylvaine Delacourte

Florentina by Sylvaine Delacourte Vahina by Sylvaine Delacourte Lilylang by Sylvaine Delacourte Virgile by Sylvaine Delacourte Dovana by Sylvaine Delacourte Vanori by Sylvaine Delacourte Smeraldo by Sylvaine Delacourte Vangelis by Sylvaine Delacourte Oranzo by Sylvaine Delacourte Ozkan by Sylvaine Delacourte Olyssia by Sylvaine Delacourte Osiris by Sylvaine Delacourte Helicriss by Sylvaine Delacourte Oscarine by Sylvaine Delacourte