Au Coeur du Désert 2016

Au Coeur du Désert by Tauer Perfumes
Top 1 in Unisex Perfume
Au Coeur du Désert is a popular perfume by Tauer Perfumes for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is oriental-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Andy Tauer

Woody notes, Patchouli, Ambergris, Balsamic notes

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 25.11.2020.

Lucy55
Tambourine beat of the desert
A brilliant Swiss perfumer - Andy Tower, who works with aromatic ingredients, like Raphael with his immortal works in his time, continues to tell the story of an exciting journey to Morocco and the Sahara with his perfume, which began with the first fragrance - L'AIR DU DÉSERT MAROCAIN, released in 2005.

Au Coeur du Désert captivates me from the first notes on - resinous green, woody-tangy note that reminds me of freshly sharpened pencils, deep and enchanting, highlighted by a delicious nut liqueur chord. Gradually honey and spicy tones flow into this desert sonata, accompanied by intoxicating labdanum, which for me smells slightly floral in the heart of the fragrance. I suspect that the fragrance has a distinctive note of cashmere wood, soaked in camel milk, for example, which completes this unique composition.

Luxurious, rich, infinitely aesthetic, aristocratic, purebred, voluminous, unforgettable - such epithets hit every drop on my skin, and I still haven't had enough of it!

I like the heart of the desert more, although the first fragrance also deserves maximum attention and endless enthusiasm.
Au Coeur du Desert is for me like a warm conversation with an old Bedouin, who mixes ancient wisdom with soft songs by the fire in the melodic beat of a wet tambourine...

Here we are dealing with a work that even the most severe perfumery critics, without exaggeration, describe as unique.

Mohdt966
A touch by "The Alchemist"...
In "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho, A young Andalusian shepherd called Santiago travels through the desert looking for his treasure, on his way he met the Alchemist, who was a 200-year-old, residing in the Al-Fayoum Oasis. He dresses in black, rides a white horse, and carries the Philosopher’s Stone, and the Elixir of Life. He understands the Soul of the World and the importance of Personal Legends.

The Alchemist carried the philosopher's Stone, which he used for making gold from cheaper metals in the middle of the desert, in a parallel universe he would be making this.

SCENT:
It's the most unique out there, there's nothing like it, it's very dry, very dusty, makes me feel like i should cough, but very very unique.
The uniqueness comes in a masterfully blended balsamic, woody notes, the result is outstanding.
I find it hard to distinguish the notes though.
I grew up around deserts, when i finally got to smell that one, i started to like desert a bit more, it never pictured it that good, I can't wait to wear this at home.

VERSATILITY: I don't find this to be versatile, I think it's perfect for evening time in Autumn, less for winter.

SILLAGE: I wasn't very satisfied with sillage, it's below my expectation, longevity should be great though.
HonigBanane
Fata Morgana in the heart of the desert
The idea of exotic vastness is clearly captured in L'Air du Désert Marocain, and this desert narrative was demonstrated as a perfect still life. Au Coeur du Désert zooms in on the same image, so you miss the vastness but get a more intense and intimate image.

The blurred, amber-colored coriander seed humming at its edges is lost. Things are clearer and more distinct, and the focus on the heart allows for more obvious modifications that would be lost in the expansive L'Air. The heart, which is the fragrance in Au Coeur du Désert, gives the desert narrative a drier, much more austere perspective, with firmer, more sustained brushstrokes with more close-up detail. The result is a denser, richer and tighter weave of the exotic carpet.

The most obvious difference: a light and slightly sour citrus note at the top releases and adds momentum, evolving into a piece of patchouli with a wonderful leathery bounce and a spice blend of vetiver, while the Texas cedar note is drawn deeper and yet a cool contrast note offers oriental warmth. The patchouli is heightened in this extract and moves into the pleasantly funky range of burning, wood and rubber. This is imitated with oakmoss and weighed with vanilla. Au Coeur du Désert is a fragrance of slow burning, patiently intense and immediately familiar, but an equally new and transformed scent, able to sit between L'Air du Désert marocaine and yet move away from it. The squiggles are removed and the body remains with a more serious gravity, far less fairy-tale and easily categorized in patchouli leather (see: Patchouli 24 by Le Labo) with all the spicy oriental components one would expect from such a pairing.

It's the same Maghreb desert we all fell in love with. We can still close our eyes and find comfort in the incense-amber wash, but this time we are closer to the earth.
Smoking men
So that's the desert / barber / spice scent in question - Au Coeur du Désert.
In fact I was very excited to try it.
And I have to say the good reviews here are true. The shelf life is super good and Sillage is good too. The only thing that divides the spirits is the scent. It also reminds me of spices and if the desert has a smell then it will be similar. But in spite of all this it smells to me like a smoking man that you used to smell often. The smell really has its charms, but to smell like this for hours is not for me. Also I would not know where and when I would like to smell like this. Smell like the desert in winter? I don't think so. In summer I could imagine that it is too heavy. And spring/autumn there are simply better alternatives.
I don't want to speak ill of the scent here - it is really extraordinary and there are certainly people where the scent fits like a glove. I find it hard to imagine it on myself.
Nevertheless, he probably deserves his good ratings, because he is really something special
So that's him....
So this is the famous and one of the top rated perfumes here. Forgive me for not having a trained nose and not being able to smell all the ingredients out ???? I still try to evaluate him as best I can. Until that time when I smelled it I only knew the designer world from the turquoise branches. I first became aware of this fragrance through the parfumo community. So quickly get a sample and test it. When I first smelled him, I thought to myself, okay... Very unusual... But not bad at all. During the day I tested and smelled him several times. Because of the positive comments here, I ordered it short hand. I didn't know such prices for a perfume until now. Now about 1 year after the purchase comes the disillusionment. It's a good scent anyway, but it's not for me. Well, I don't know when. That's why he's about to be sold... So who's interested? Aroma: Spicy, dry, dusty. So I can understand the connection to the desert.
Durability: With me loosely at least 10 std
Sillage : Very well perceptible.

End of Comment..... ???? Please don't judge me too harshly... ????
No risk - no fun
The first test of "Au Coeur du Désert" - under real conditions in the (open-plan) office. As far as my colleagues are concerned, I am lacking a bit of sympathy, because I do not normally work on Fridays, but now I do because of colleagues who are ill or on holiday, and of course the others should also suffer if I have to. So: No pardon, no empathically selected office fragrance, gentle and reserved, no, today I let it crash. No risk - no fun. Thauer's desert planet.

Right now I'm really happy about the scruple I had left this morning and about the fact that I only gave a single, rather cautious spray in the direction of the neck, neckerchief and sweater hem. The whole thing is now, as I write these words, almost an hour ago and I sit here in a gigantic fragrance cloud. A Sillage as big as the Namib.

This is certainly one of the most unconventional fragrances that I, the friend of old perfume art with classical signatures, possess and also the one that breaks with her time-honored principles most of all. It's less a perfume than an epic narrative
Following the traditional idea of a top note, the "heart of the desert" only smells halfway authentic in the opening: a little floral, with a hint of plant sap and stem and a delicate bitter sweetness. It tells of an oasis, of a rose, of its scent, of the smell of hot rock, hot sand, moistened for the purpose of cooling. Of resins and bittersweet honey, collected from small wild bees.

Still it is not hot, the morning sun paints long shadows.

The pace of the story is slow. Gradually, step by step, I walk on with the narrator, leaving behind the last irrigated fields and also the last shadow. It gets warmer, then it gets hot. He tells me of wild beauty, of the silhouette lines of the horizon in the distance, of violet shimmering mountain flanks, of the dance of hot air over ochre, over dark orange, over violet, over blood red and over all shades of brown, of light so bright that it appears black. We look at stone lines, mineral-oily shimmering, feldspar mica. Spiked, resinous-scented plant heroes, survivors in nothingness. Dry wood with a dark colour and a silky shimmer, who knows how old it is.

We're hiking. But time stands still.

About three hours after application, the fragrance also seems to have come to a standstill. The sun is still high, the colours are faded, dried up in the heat. I smell dusty, creamy ambergris and mineral sandstone notes, dry warm resins with subtle sweetness. I smell warm woods and dry earth. It smells good, the scent likes me, is friendly to me. On the skin tenderly sweet-warm-powdery - on the clothes rather dusty-warm-mineral. Own and beautiful. The Sillage is still enormous, the smell fills my nose effortlessly with each breath, with each small movement a bright little cloud puffs up, with matte texture and warm oily smell color.

Once again many hours later the narrator and I sit on a rock, we are tired, the day was long. The narrator has almost fallen silent, he speaks only little and with a quiet voice, but there is no need for words either. We have become familiar on the way together, many words are no longer necessary. Soon the sun will set and it will get cold. I put on a towel, get up and go.
---<¶

And last but not least: The hardcore test in the open-plan office didn't go wrong. Nobody has made a big bow around me or - as if by chance - constantly rubbed his nose with his hand near me. However, nobody was enthusiastic about my scent of the day either. I think it's a vitrine scent to me. Precious and like to be smelled, but not worn in the end.

The shelf life is exceptional and the Sillage is gigantic in the first hour, then still clear for many hours.
Wood desert - desert wood
Au Coeur du Désert was too much on my nose after I sprayed it on, although I only applied something to the back of my hand. It was then briefly closed and at times smelled into the fragrance almost no longer. The boarding was too hard for me, so I'll give you one point off. It unfolded then an extremely!!! woody, dry scent. However, I would not classify this as a desert smell. In the course of time I also thought to sniff something "potatoy", which irritated me. This is probably due to the fragrance; you should probably keep an appropriate distance from the fragrance if it should smell optimally. To my surprise, I spontaneously received a compliment for the good fragrance from a woman. I didn't think he'd get smelled even though I put him on a little spot. After a few hours something resinous or earthy was added, which I liked very much. My conclusion is that the perfume should probably be applied sparingly; by deducting points I would rate it 8. (to award the 10, the fragrance would have to offer something unique and perfect for me) If you are looking for a beautiful warm wood fragrance, you can strike here without hesitation.
The famous market: Djemaa el Fna
Do you know the feeling of getting on a plane, looking forward to your holiday and just relaxing on the plane? Already in this moment one realizes the distance. But, first arrive, get out of the plane & BOOM. The air is just not the same. This feeling gives me the personal feeling of being far away. The air that smells different is such a special moment that throws you into adventure.

I am drinking a pitch-black mocha in one of these street coffees, watching through my tunnel view a foreign couple haggling with the dealer about the latest articles, while the crowd is constantly disturbing my tunnel view - but I remain concentrated. Haggling with hands and feet. The dealer's scent is dispersed by the wagging in such a way that it makes the situation even more special. Who doesn't know it - the feeling of getting a bargain, while the dealer claims exactly the opposite, but in the end both hands rub each other and are satisfied. It was of course a must for both to haggle, through the dealer who usually still grants discounts, wisely includes the woman, the dry yet tasty air, a feeling one likes to remember.

Andy, the fragrance is great and so barbaric, seductive, smart, funny, but powerful enough to get your way - just adapting until it just grabs you at the end and everyone is happy! The dealer was in my eyes just like the scent!

Test him and you will immediately recognize the dealer!

Sillage and durability - Top!
The Mysterious Conformist
Hardly any fragrance is so hyped here, if you look at the ratings. I must honestly admit, here I went to the hype on the glue and got myself 15ml. I was pretty disappointed the first time I wore it. Au Coeur du Desert is beautiful, but in view of these ratings and this high price he is not so beautiful now. That is, it is beautiful, but not extraordinary.,

The lead here is Amber. Not quite as soft as you know it from elsewhere, because there is still something smoky resonating. I'm guessing myrrh. These are the two main components I can identify here. In the course of the scent the smoky becomes stronger and stronger. Only if you smell directly at the sprayed place, it is a little scratchy. The Sillage is quite human for it. So I have the impression I smell a bit like a man who only lets the highest quality aftershaves on his million dollar body. Probably doesn't suit me at all. The woody notes make Au Coeur du Desert look very masculine to me. Cedar wood and musk, maybe? And homeopathically dosed oud? And at the beginning there's a little rose floating by. Everything together very pretty, very harmonious. And with a mini droplet you are well supplied over the whole day. That's what justifies the price the most for me. I also noticed that the fragrance develops much better in colder weather. If it's over 25 degrees, it seems a little flat. This woody, human-looking one comes to the fore quite strongly, while amber and myrrh step into the background. There are people who like that, I don't like to think of men's skin. When it is cold, the fragrance appears warmer and more accentuated.

In itself it is so that many fragrances, which are actually very wearable and pleasing, are very well received. Especially in the high-priced range. Aventus, Reflection Man, and also Au Coeur du Desert. . But also in the mainstream. Sauvage, Bleu de Chanel, Terre d'Hermes... Solid fragrances of good quality but nothing to attract attention because they are so extraordinary. Thus Aventus is the fragrance for the party animal, Reflection wears the serious businessman. And Au Coeur du Desert? The guy who likes to make a little bit mysterious and sexy. But of course not too much, you don't want to frighten anyone. Stay nice and consistent. That sounds more condescending than it's meant to sound. Because in principle, that's what most people want. The breath of a little excitement, a little adventure, but not too much and please polished to a high gloss. That's Au Coeur du Desert

PMRP12
And the story continues...
Truly the next chapter in the story of LADDM. However, missing are the arid spices and vastness of the former, which to me are what made it magical. Many will prefer this for its sweeter, denser character that makes it slightly more wearable, albeit more similar to other ambers. I put this along the same lines as HdP’s Ambre 114, though not quite as smooth and sweet. If the spicy opening put you off of LADDM, then ACDD may be for you.

EdP4hommeEdP4homme 2 months ago
I do not like insence so it is not for me. But it is a very delicate natural insence based fragrance, super long lasting, well done!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 7 months ago
Woody, ambery and balsamic. A simple recepty for a high quality, high pleaser, huge performance, indispensable perfume. Tauer nailed it!
PioPio 9 months ago
A very nice scent, wish it was a bit less dry though. Not a blind buy.
OvaissaleemOvaissaleem 10 months ago
A Stunning, Gorgeous and Mesmerizing masterpiece by Andy Tauer. A work of an art.
ItchynoseItchynose 12 months ago
Warm sirocco winds blow over the Saharan dunes carrying aromas of incense and resins. A million grains of sand scrub the skin under the sun.
AmberScentAmberScent 2 years ago
An intemporal oriental fragrance, a resinous and smoky masterpiece and a touch lighter than its older brother LADDM. Trully recomended.
MRothMRoth 2 years ago
LDDM with the sweet ambergris Tauerade dialled down and an extra chord of citrus/neroli added to top and middle for extra bite and clarity.
Giesta40Giesta40 3 years ago
Even better than LDDM (is it possible?)... LDDM in edp concentration, superb!
LexaLexa 4 years ago
The best part of LDDM,without the smothering opening.Spicy,creamy,and as i've noticed there is a slightly citric note in the mix.Unique!

by Kylesa
by Lotte1
by Sirchelios
by Sirchelios
by Carlossp
An evolution and modernization of the 2nd LADDM, what differs most is a start of raspberries
by TiberiusNero
by TiberiusNero

Popular Tauer Perfumes

№ 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Tauer Perfumes Collectible PHI - Une Rose de Kandahar by Tauer Perfumes Attar AT by Tauer Perfumes L'Eau by Tauer Perfumes L'Air des Alpes Suisses by Tauer Perfumes № 08 - Une Rose Chyprée by Tauer Perfumes № 03 - Lonestar Memories by Tauer Perfumes № 06 - Incense Rosé by Tauer Perfumes № 14 - Noontide Petals by Tauer Perfumes L'Oudh by Tauer Perfumes № 01 - Le Maroc pour Elle by Tauer Perfumes № 05 - Incense Extrême by Tauer Perfumes Les Années 25 by Tauer Perfumes Collectible ZETA - A Linden Blossom Theme by Tauer Perfumes Lonesome Rider by Tauer Perfumes Cologne du Maghreb by Tauer Perfumes № 09 - Orange Star by Tauer Perfumes Sotto la Luna - Tuberose by Tauer Perfumes Pentachord White by Tauer Perfumes Phtaloblue by Tauer Perfumes