Au Coeur du Désert 2016

Au Coeur du Désert by Tauer Perfumes
Top 1 in Unisex Perfume
Au Coeur du Désert is a popular perfume by Tauer Perfumes for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is oriental-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Andy Tauer

Woody notes, Patchouli, Ambergris, Balsamic notes

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 27.02.2021.

DerOki
Through the desert with coke in hand
so I can not be the only one who perceives the synthetic note of cola. But not discreetly, but a little stronger. After about 1h, the smell subsides and it comes out this oriental fragrance. Maybe it's also due to my batch. Still, I would say a very great scent. It makes me think of a sandy desert, 39 degrees hot, turban on my head and a coke to cool down. Mega fragrance, but can understand that he is also hated
At the gates of Mecca
I wish you much fun with my first comment :)
I've been to many places around the world in my life and I associate very specific smells with many of them.
However, that association has never been as strong as it is with ACDD. You literally feel like you are standing in the middle of all the people. Spices, and balms are in the air mixed by the dry but unique smell of the desert wind For me by far the best chosen perfume name of the entire industry together with his little brother
L'air du Dessert Marocain.

I know it was not particularly detailed or me stonewalled expertise formulated but I still ask for your indulgence that this is my first comment!

P.s a belated Happy New Year I wish all perfumos here!
Hitchhiker's Guide to Spacetime
Shortly after New Year's Day, I'm standing on a foggy road, stretching out my arm. A nondescript blue, angular car passes, rumor has it the gas cap isn't quite tight. It slows down, a window drops down, "Hoi, I'm the Andy, want a ride?" "Howdy! For that price? I'd love to, but..." "Oh come on, the ride's free, at least almost. Get in..."
I'm cordially offered the passenger seat, I take a seat. On the strangely futuristic sat nav is some address in Morocco. "That's where we're going?", I ask, wondering if the little bit of gas I've filled up will be enough for the trip. "Somewhere in the Maghreb is where I usually drop off all the bores. They parrot everything I say anyway; if I told them it was going to the moon, they'd just smile and clap." He examines me insistently "For you I have another goal, another time. We're discovering a little part of you, a modicum of your memory." He types in the nav, a small button is pressed, the surroundings blur into glistening light. In the afternoon, individual contours become visible through the window, we slow down.... A city becomes visible, Cairo, we stop, at the edge of a busy street. I see myself as a child, on my father's shoulders. Watching with interest, questioning. We pass a souk, the dry afternoon heat beating down, a balmy breeze blowing out of it towards us. I can't smell it, because only Hitchhiker No2 would have taken me there - or so I think. Well, some other time. We walk out of town and Andy looks at me, "I've gotten you this far, only you can make the big leap in time." He gets in his car, honks the horn, and flies off toward the setting sun. What does he mean, I think, and turn around, lost in thought. I look to the northeast, and see...nothing. Where Cairo stood a moment ago, there is now only sand. The three great pyramids are suddenly white, smooth and magnificent. I see a few more scaffolds, not yet dismantled, and a magnificent barque behind the reeds of the Nile bank before the tops of the monuments hide the last golden rays. The little figures in white cloths, and their white houses on the shore, are swallowed up by the darkness in the distance. I sit down in the sand, still warm from the day's heat, and enjoy its comforting embrace. The wind begins to carry a variety of scents from the distance. Ethereal, almost humid, cool air sweeps around me from the direction of the Nile. Balmy smoke wafts to me from the pyramids and temples. All this while the warm sand, stones, and brittle wooden buildings cool creeping away, their warmth passing to me. I feel the age and power of my surroundings. Long before Alexander sets foot there; long before grain is shipped to a world city which still patiently awaits its founding; long before a certain Frenchman, greater than you think, challenges the Mamelukes. Long I sit there, losing my sense of time. Eons later, Ra rises his barque above the horizon, and as an ancient city awakens across the Nile, the shells of the beautiful pyramids crumble. The surroundings blur, and I'm back, the next morning, by the foggy road. Turn around, intoxicated, start walking, forgetting that I was supposed to be hitchhiking home. I guess I'll have to buy a blue car myself, but the satnav is permanently set to me by the factory - Luckily

Ptsau
It’s so Andy Tauer! Must try!
It is unique, complex, high quality, great performance fragrance. I actually tried L’Air du Desert Marocain first and loved the opening but then it smells weaker after the dry down, though still nice. Then I tried this one and found I love this one so much more. They smell very similar and share the same DNA but this one is much richer especially starting from the mid stage. I got slight leathery vibe from it. Performance also much better because this one is Extrait Parfum and the L’Air du Desert Marocain is Eau de Toilette Intense. So I decided to get a full bottle of this instead of the other. This is one of the perfumes that it doesn’t smell good straight from the bottle. Let it sits and does the chemical reaction on your skin then you would find it smells so heavenly. Perfumes by Andy Tauer just smell so different and cannot be found out there. You won’t be disappointed and won’t be able to find a similar one anywhere else if you can find the one that you love from the line. They all smell unique and edgy so do not blind buy but definitely worth check out their samples.

Better after a few days
At first, I wasn't that excited to wear this fragrance... it's a very good amber, slightly woodgize scent. I thought to myself, well it's nr. 1 unisex just like Herod is for men -> without exact reasons.

After a few days, when I smelled the drydown on's klamoten ... I was very curious to know more for it. Sprayed a few more sprays and just enjoyed those, wow what a scent. It's similar somehow with Grand Soir in dry down, the MFK is a bit subtler and classier, the Tauer is quite aggressive and strong ... you notice it immediately.

Durability is up to the roof, lasts and lasts and never gives it up, stays with it all day and more.

I don't necessarily like this little bottle, it looks classy but does nothing for me. In a world with the super luxurious bottles of YSL le vestiaire for the same price ... I expect more for 320€ 100ml.

Overall the fragrance is quite good and strong but never nr. 1 in unisex, there are much better on the market also as price, eg Coromandel EDP. Who likes the fragrance DNA much, can like the Air du dessert, eau de toilette intense buy and has the same fragrance but must pay less.
Epitome of Niche
This fragrance is for me the epitome of Niche. The smells really aussergwöhnlich and I have never smelled something like that. You really feel transported to a Moroccan desert on a bazaar. All the smells and impressions are present. The spices, the dry balsamic en notes but also the camels standing on the corner you can smell :D.
Great quality durability and silage.
Now comes the big BUT.
So far, all tested Tauer perfumes are not wearable. I would not know how when and what for. They do not fit for me and are rather very nice and high-quality room fragrances. Maximum which one can put on in the evening to dream and think

The perfume
This is the perfume. No one of the famous noses from the most famous houses has built a perfect perfume like this one. This master piece is years light of distance of any other that i know.
This is the perfume, only possible in a niche house like Tauer.
Well done Mr. Tauer, probably you have created the best perfume of this planet.
Lucy55
Tambourine beat of the desert
A brilliant Swiss perfumer - Andy Tower, who works with aromatic ingredients, like Raphael with his immortal works in his time, continues to tell the story of an exciting journey to Morocco and the Sahara with his perfume, which began with the first fragrance - L'AIR DU DÉSERT MAROCAIN, released in 2005.

Au Coeur du Désert captivates me from the first notes on - resinous green, woody-tangy note that reminds me of freshly sharpened pencils, deep and enchanting, highlighted by a delicious nut liqueur chord. Gradually honey and spicy tones flow into this desert sonata, accompanied by intoxicating labdanum, which for me smells slightly floral in the heart of the fragrance. I suspect that the fragrance has a distinctive note of cashmere wood, soaked in camel milk, for example, which completes this unique composition.

Luxurious, rich, infinitely aesthetic, aristocratic, purebred, voluminous, unforgettable - such epithets hit every drop on my skin, and I still haven't had enough of it!

I like the heart of the desert more, although the first fragrance also deserves maximum attention and endless enthusiasm.
Au Coeur du Desert is for me like a warm conversation with an old Bedouin, who mixes ancient wisdom with soft songs by the fire in the melodic beat of a wet tambourine...

Here we are dealing with a work that even the most severe perfumery critics, without exaggeration, describe as unique.
HonigBanane
Fata Morgana in the heart of the desert
The idea of exotic vastness is clearly captured in L'Air du Désert Marocain, and this desert narrative was demonstrated as a perfect still life. Au Coeur du Désert zooms in on the same image, so you miss the vastness but get a more intense and intimate image.

The blurred, amber-colored coriander seed humming at its edges is lost. Things are clearer and more distinct, and the focus on the heart allows for more obvious modifications that would be lost in the expansive L'Air. The heart, which is the fragrance in Au Coeur du Désert, gives the desert narrative a drier, much more austere perspective, with firmer, more sustained brushstrokes with more close-up detail. The result is a denser, richer and tighter weave of the exotic carpet.

The most obvious difference: a light and slightly sour citrus note at the top releases and adds momentum, evolving into a piece of patchouli with a wonderful leathery bounce and a spice blend of vetiver, while the Texas cedar note is drawn deeper and yet a cool contrast note offers oriental warmth. The patchouli is heightened in this extract and moves into the pleasantly funky range of burning, wood and rubber. This is imitated with oakmoss and weighed with vanilla. Au Coeur du Désert is a fragrance of slow burning, patiently intense and immediately familiar, but an equally new and transformed scent, able to sit between L'Air du Désert marocaine and yet move away from it. The squiggles are removed and the body remains with a more serious gravity, far less fairy-tale and easily categorized in patchouli leather (see: Patchouli 24 by Le Labo) with all the spicy oriental components one would expect from such a pairing.

It's the same Maghreb desert we all fell in love with. We can still close our eyes and find comfort in the incense-amber wash, but this time we are closer to the earth.
Smoking men
So that's the desert / barber / spice scent in question - Au Coeur du Désert.
In fact I was very excited to try it.
And I have to say the good reviews here are true. The shelf life is super good and Sillage is good too. The only thing that divides the spirits is the scent. It also reminds me of spices and if the desert has a smell then it will be similar. But in spite of all this it smells to me like a smoking man that you used to smell often. The smell really has its charms, but to smell like this for hours is not for me. Also I would not know where and when I would like to smell like this. Smell like the desert in winter? I don't think so. In summer I could imagine that it is too heavy. And spring/autumn there are simply better alternatives.
I don't want to speak ill of the scent here - it is really extraordinary and there are certainly people where the scent fits like a glove. I find it hard to imagine it on myself.
Nevertheless, he probably deserves his good ratings, because he is really something special

RonniweRonniwe 4 days ago
Que decir.. Una obra maestra, hay que tenerla si o si, huele ponente, una delicia de perfume.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 9 days ago
The opening is shyer than in LDDM. Also spicy (but with less cumin) and less sweet. The scent is dry, ambery, more leathery and deep.
BielwenassBielwenass 27 days ago
More potent than the original that was already not a lightweight. At times I find this is too much, I prefer the original.
EdP4hommeEdP4homme 5 months ago
I do not like insence so it is not for me. But it is a very delicate natural insence based fragrance, super long lasting, well done!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 10 months ago
Woody, ambery and balsamic. A simple recepty for a high quality, high pleaser, huge performance, indispensable perfume. Tauer nailed it!
PioPio 1 year ago
A very nice scent, wish it was a bit less dry though. Not a blind buy.
OvaissaleemOvaissaleem 1 year ago
A Stunning, Gorgeous and Mesmerizing masterpiece by Andy Tauer. A work of an art.
ItchynoseItchynose 1 year ago
Warm sirocco winds blow over the Saharan dunes carrying aromas of incense and resins. A million grains of sand scrub the skin under the sun.
AmberScentAmberScent 2 years ago
An intemporal oriental fragrance, a resinous and smoky masterpiece and a touch lighter than its older brother LADDM. Trully recomended.
MRothMRoth 2 years ago
LDDM with the sweet ambergris Tauerade dialled down and an extra chord of citrus/neroli added to top and middle for extra bite and clarity.

by Kylesa
by Lotte1
by Sirchelios
by Sirchelios
by Carlossp
An evolution and modernization of the 2nd LADDM, what differs most is a start of raspberries
by TiberiusNero
by TiberiusNero

Popular Tauer Perfumes

№ 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Tauer Perfumes Collectible PHI - Une Rose de Kandahar by Tauer Perfumes Attar AT by Tauer Perfumes L'Air des Alpes Suisses by Tauer Perfumes L'Air du Désert Marocain (Solid Perfume) by Tauer Perfumes L'Eau by Tauer Perfumes № 08 - Une Rose Chyprée by Tauer Perfumes № 03 - Lonestar Memories by Tauer Perfumes № 06 - Incense Rosé by Tauer Perfumes Les Années 25 by Tauer Perfumes № 14 - Noontide Petals by Tauer Perfumes L'Oudh by Tauer Perfumes № 01 - Le Maroc pour Elle by Tauer Perfumes № 05 - Incense Extrême by Tauer Perfumes Collectible ZETA - A Linden Blossom Theme by Tauer Perfumes Lonesome Rider by Tauer Perfumes № 09 - Orange Star by Tauer Perfumes Sotto la Luna - Tuberose by Tauer Perfumes Phtaloblue by Tauer Perfumes Cologne du Maghreb by Tauer Perfumes