Au Coeur du Désert (2016)

Au Coeur du Désert by Tauer Perfumes

Au Coeur du Désert is a popular perfume by Tauer Perfumes for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is spicy-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Andy Tauer

Woody notes, Patchouli, Ambergris, Balsamic notes

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 14.12.2019.

10.0 9.0 9.0/10

No risk - no fun
The first test of "Au Coeur du Désert" - under real conditions in the (open-plan) office. As far as my colleagues are concerned, I am lacking a bit of sympathy, because I do not normally work on Fridays, but now I do because of colleagues who are ill or on holiday, and of course the others should also suffer if I have to. So: No pardon, no empathically selected office fragrance, gentle and reserved, no, today I let it crash. No risk - no fun. Thauer's desert planet.

Right now I'm really happy about the scruple I had left this morning and about the fact that I only gave a single, rather cautious spray in the direction of the neck, neckerchief and sweater hem. The whole thing is now, as I write these words, almost an hour ago and I sit here in a gigantic fragrance cloud. A Sillage as big as the Namib.

This is certainly one of the most unconventional fragrances that I, the friend of old perfume art with classical signatures, possess and also the one that breaks with her time-honored principles most of all. It's less a perfume than an epic narrative
Following the traditional idea of a top note, the "heart of the desert" only smells halfway authentic in the opening: a little floral, with a hint of plant sap and stem and a delicate bitter sweetness. It tells of an oasis, of a rose, of its scent, of the smell of hot rock, hot sand, moistened for the purpose of cooling. Of resins and bittersweet honey, collected from small wild bees.

Still it is not hot, the morning sun paints long shadows.

The pace of the story is slow. Gradually, step by step, I walk on with the narrator, leaving behind the last irrigated fields and also the last shadow. It gets warmer, then it gets hot. He tells me of wild beauty, of the silhouette lines of the horizon in the distance, of violet shimmering mountain flanks, of the dance of hot air over ochre, over dark orange, over violet, over blood red and over all shades of brown, of light so bright that it appears black. We look at stone lines, mineral-oily shimmering, feldspar mica. Spiked, resinous-scented plant heroes, survivors in nothingness. Dry wood with a dark colour and a silky shimmer, who knows how old it is.

We're hiking. But time stands still.

About three hours after application, the fragrance also seems to have come to a standstill. The sun is still high, the colours are faded, dried up in the heat. I smell dusty, creamy ambergris and mineral sandstone notes, dry warm resins with subtle sweetness. I smell warm woods and dry earth. It smells good, the scent likes me, is friendly to me. On the skin tenderly sweet-warm-powdery - on the clothes rather dusty-warm-mineral. Own and beautiful. The Sillage is still enormous, the smell fills my nose effortlessly with each breath, with each small movement a bright little cloud puffs up, with matte texture and warm oily smell color.

Once again many hours later the narrator and I sit on a rock, we are tired, the day was long. The narrator has almost fallen silent, he speaks only little and with a quiet voice, but there is no need for words either. We have become familiar on the way together, many words are no longer necessary. Soon the sun will set and it will get cold. I put on a towel, get up and go.
---<¶

And last but not least: The hardcore test in the open-plan office didn't go wrong. Nobody has made a big bow around me or - as if by chance - constantly rubbed his nose with his hand near me. However, nobody was enthusiastic about my scent of the day either. I think it's a vitrine scent to me. Precious and like to be smelled, but not worn in the end.

The shelf life is exceptional and the Sillage is gigantic in the first hour, then still clear for many hours.
8.0 9.0 9.0 8.0/10

Wood desert - desert wood
Au Coeur du Désert was too much on my nose after I sprayed it on, although I only applied something to the back of my hand. It was then briefly closed and at times smelled into the fragrance almost no longer. The boarding was too hard for me, so I'll give you one point off. It unfolded then an extremely!!! woody, dry scent. However, I would not classify this as a desert smell. In the course of time I also thought to sniff something "potatoy", which irritated me. This is probably due to the fragrance; you should probably keep an appropriate distance from the fragrance if it should smell optimally. To my surprise, I spontaneously received a compliment for the good fragrance from a woman. I didn't think he'd get smelled even though I put him on a little spot. After a few hours something resinous or earthy was added, which I liked very much. My conclusion is that the perfume should probably be applied sparingly; by deducting points I would rate it 8. (to award the 10, the fragrance would have to offer something unique and perfect for me) If you are looking for a beautiful warm wood fragrance, you can strike here without hesitation.
8.0 9.0 9.0 9.5/10

The famous market: Djemaa el Fna
Do you know the feeling of getting on a plane, looking forward to your holiday and just relaxing on the plane? Already in this moment one realizes the distance. But, first arrive, get out of the plane & BOOM. The air is just not the same. This feeling gives me the personal feeling of being far away. The air that smells different is such a special moment that throws you into adventure.

I am drinking a pitch-black mocha in one of these street coffees, watching through my tunnel view a foreign couple haggling with the dealer about the latest articles, while the crowd is constantly disturbing my tunnel view - but I remain concentrated. Haggling with hands and feet. The dealer's scent is dispersed by the wagging in such a way that it makes the situation even more special. Who doesn't know it - the feeling of getting a bargain, while the dealer claims exactly the opposite, but in the end both hands rub each other and are satisfied. It was of course a must for both to haggle, through the dealer who usually still grants discounts, wisely includes the woman, the dry yet tasty air, a feeling one likes to remember.

Andy, the fragrance is great and so barbaric, seductive, smart, funny, but powerful enough to get your way - just adapting until it just grabs you at the end and everyone is happy! The dealer was in my eyes just like the scent!

Test him and you will immediately recognize the dealer!

Sillage and durability - Top!
7.0 9.0 8.0 8.0/10

The Mysterious Conformist
Hardly any fragrance is so hyped here, if you look at the ratings. I must honestly admit, here I went to the hype on the glue and got myself 15ml. I was pretty disappointed the first time I wore it. Au Coeur du Desert is beautiful, but in view of these ratings and this high price he is not so beautiful now. That is, it is beautiful, but not extraordinary.,

The lead here is Amber. Not quite as soft as you know it from elsewhere, because there is still something smoky resonating. I'm guessing myrrh. These are the two main components I can identify here. In the course of the scent the smoky becomes stronger and stronger. Only if you smell directly at the sprayed place, it is a little scratchy. The Sillage is quite human for it. So I have the impression I smell a bit like a man who only lets the highest quality aftershaves on his million dollar body. Probably doesn't suit me at all. The woody notes make Au Coeur du Desert look very masculine to me. Cedar wood and musk, maybe? And homeopathically dosed oud? And at the beginning there's a little rose floating by. Everything together very pretty, very harmonious. And with a mini droplet you are well supplied over the whole day. That's what justifies the price the most for me. I also noticed that the fragrance develops much better in colder weather. If it's over 25 degrees, it seems a little flat. This woody, human-looking one comes to the fore quite strongly, while amber and myrrh step into the background. There are people who like that, I don't like to think of men's skin. When it is cold, the fragrance appears warmer and more accentuated.

In itself it is so that many fragrances, which are actually very wearable and pleasing, are very well received. Especially in the high-priced range. Aventus, Reflection Man, and also Au Coeur du Desert. . But also in the mainstream. Sauvage, Bleu de Chanel, Terre d'Hermes... Solid fragrances of good quality but nothing to attract attention because they are so extraordinary. Thus Aventus is the fragrance for the party animal, Reflection wears the serious businessman. And Au Coeur du Desert? The guy who likes to make a little bit mysterious and sexy. But of course not too much, you don't want to frighten anyone. Stay nice and consistent. That sounds more condescending than it's meant to sound. Because in principle, that's what most people want. The breath of a little excitement, a little adventure, but not too much and please polished to a high gloss. That's Au Coeur du Desert
10.0/10

PMRP12
And the story continues...
Truly the next chapter in the story of LADDM. However, missing are the arid spices and vastness of the former, which to me are what made it magical. Many will prefer this for its sweeter, denser character that makes it slightly more wearable, albeit more similar to other ambers. I put this along the same lines as HdP’s Ambre 114, though not quite as smooth and sweet. If the spicy opening put you off of LADDM, then ACDD may be for you.
7.0 8.0 9.0 8.0/10

Jilly
Nice desert without corners and edges
First of all - it was a blind purchase. I had been inspired by this fragrance at Parfumo and in the verse videos.
I ordered it and unpacked it.... What annoyed me from the very beginning and is still annoying today is that the bottle licks. I've always been hanging in the lid and on the nebulizer perfume it's like permanently damp up there in the cap. With the price I do not find that at all.
Now for the fragrance. He's like described a dry desert. Stand once in the Sahara and let the dry dust and sand blow around your body. This best describes the fragrance. He's very straightforward. There's little surprise coming. With this fragrance you will certainly do little wrong, but it will not polarize in my eyes either. The shelf life is therefore 8 hours plus.
Get a sample before you buy him. I think you'll be easily disappointed otherwise.
8.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Condensed LADDM
This smells like you sprayed LADDM, then captured the spritz in the air and condensed it. I guess the way I look at it is it's simply what you would expect from a parfum version of just about any fragrance. Less citrus, more base, a richer heart, more sillage, and longer-lasting (I know this is not always the case with parfum concentrations, but that's how it's "supposed to be" in our minds. I also know this is not a parfum, but it smells like it is). This version reminds me of a desert night, not a desert under the scorching hot sun. But the sand is still hot. I absolutely adore this version, just as much as the original. I own both and would give neither up!
8.0 9.0 9.0 9.5/10

passionate passion
Already Andy Tauers N° 2 "L'Air du Désert Marocain" fascinated me and took me on a trip to North Africa.
There I followed in Paul Klee's footsteps and August Macke's. Both painters had embarked on this great journey in the spring of 1914 - see my commentary on this "With Paul Klee in the Desert".

So of course I was particularly excited about "Au Coeur du Désert".
Would I like it? What would it tell me?
Finally I managed to get a bottling from a very dear Parfumo soul mate; thanks at this point!

I don't like to draw comparisons; here they would be completely out of place.
"In the heart of the desert" - this promise is fully fulfilled:
Immediately I feel the scorching heat of sun and sand surrounding me.
Gleißendes Licht conjures wabernde pictures: do I believe in a "Fata Morgana"?
I have to!
Silence! Silence that is not interrupted by anything. Motionless silence and seemingly endless expanse!
In the Middle of Nowhere!

But there: some tents, camels, horses and people! Very strange, proud people!
People who set up their camp for the night. The preparations have been made, a fire is smouldering in a hollow in the sand, a tajine is sitting in it.
What a delicious fragrance comes from this ceramic tableware!
Hospitality in the desert: the invitation is immediately pronounced and joyful, accepted full of interest!
Slightly curious looking Khol-edged women eyes; friendly and at the same time shy!
Men, racy and wild like their horses: sparkling teeth and searching looks!
Mysterious fascination lies over this scene!

The wind, now awakened, brings with it the strong scent of strange wood that has been deformed and dried by the sun. Not recognizable is what it once was in life: now it is only wonderfully spicy aroma.
Temptingly this mixes with the lustre of mature patchouli surrounding these mysterious women.
The tasty meal with its scents is forgotten; it only counts what this eternal desert and its inhabitants offer.
The fire is kindled again, it burns calming and protective; magic lies in the beginning night.
Thousands and thousands of stars of the southern hemisphere draw their images in the dark sapphire sky.
Attractive, seductive looks - passion flickers on, the surroundings begin to blur ...
Hot skin of hot skin; light, reminiscent of the delicacy of fine porcelain; deep dark, balsamic amber scent, on which golden lights come to life.
Quiet whispering; in the silence of the endlessly seeming night a woman's soft laughter blows away ...

"Au Coeur du Désert" breaks his story here.
Also this fragrance is according to Andy Tauers motto "perfume created with love"!
And how!

Durability and Sillage are again excellent; well so, because the separation from this fragrance experience is unspeakably difficult for me.
If I opened the well-known Tauer flacon again: would this story be told again or would it hold other mysterious and glowing promises?
I'll have to wait until someone moves in with me.
When that is is still written in the stars; but until then I will guard this bottling and from time to time tread the path of glowing passion with its contents.
Will I find her again?

Childhood memory of Tehran
I can't believe how this scent lets images from my childhood rise up. We lived almost 2 years in Tehran when I was a child and this scent lets a lot of pictures from this time rise up again. I smell/see the dusty roads and the smell of kerosene when we drove into the mountains on the weekend. I remember sweet pastries soaked in rose water and honey. The hot sun that lets the air waft and softens the tar. Carpet dealers in the bazaar offer their customers strongly sweetened tea. Fruits dried by the mountain on the market, such as mulberries, apricots and sour barberries. A friend of the family brings my mother honeycombs as a present, which we suck out with pleasure.
My favourite food, a stew of meat strongly seasoned with cinnamon and dried apricots.
The colored dresses and the clinking jewelry of the Berber women. The smell of the goat that was kept some time in the garage.
Fresh Barbari (bread) with sesame. Bundles of herbs and panir (cheese). The slightly smoky smell of the bakery in which soured flat bread was baked in an oven on hot pebbles (woe, I was too greedy and immediately eaten a piece with hot pebbles!)
I could continue to indulge endlessly and therefore like to hold my nose to the specimen again and again. It's too special to wear, though

Itchynose 15 days ago
Warm sirocco winds blow over the Saharan dunes carrying aromas of incense and resins. A million grains of sand scrub the skin under the sun.+2
AmberScent 10 months ago
An intemporal oriental fragrance, a resinous and smoky masterpiece and a touch lighter than its older brother LADDM. Trully recomended.+2
MRoth 10 months ago
LDDM with the sweet ambergris Tauerade dialled down and an extra chord of citrus/neroli added to top and middle for extra bite and clarity.+2
Giesta40 24 months ago
Even better than LDDM (is it possible?)... LDDM in edp concentration, superb!+3
Lexa 3 years ago
The best part of LDDM,without the smothering opening.Spicy,creamy,and as i've noticed there is a slightly citric note in the mix.Unique!+5

by Kylesa
by Lotte1
by Sirchelios
by Sirchelios
by Carlossp
An evolution and modernization of the 2nd LADDM, what differs most is a start of raspberries
by TiberiusNero
by TiberiusNero

Popular Tauer Perfumes

No. 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain by Tauer Perfumes Collectible PHI - Une Rose de Kandahar by Tauer Perfumes No. 03 - Lonestar Memories by Tauer Perfumes No. 06 - Incense Rosé by Tauer Perfumes L'Eau by Tauer Perfumes No. 09 - Orange Star by Tauer Perfumes No. 14 - Noontide Petals by Tauer Perfumes № 01 - Le Maroc pour Elle by Tauer Perfumes No. 08 - Une Rose Chyprée by Tauer Perfumes No. 05 - Incense Extrême by Tauer Perfumes Collectible ZETA - A Linden Blossom Theme by Tauer Perfumes Lonesome Rider by Tauer Perfumes L'Air des Alpes Suisses by Tauer Perfumes No. 04 - Rêverie au Jardin by Tauer Perfumes Pentachord White by Tauer Perfumes No. 07 - Vetiver Dance by Tauer Perfumes No. 11 - Carillon pour un Ange by Tauer Perfumes Cologne du Maghreb by Tauer Perfumes No. 10 - Une Rose Vermeille by Tauer Perfumes Attar AT by Tauer Perfumes