Au Coeur du Désert 2016

Au Coeur du Désert by Tauer Perfumes
Top 8 in Unisex Perfume
Au Coeur du Désert is a popular perfume by Tauer Perfumes for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is spicy-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Andy Tauer

Top Notes Top NotesCitrus notesCitrus notes SpicesSpices
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmberAmber
Base Notes Base NotesWoody notesWoody notes PatchouliPatchouli AmbergrisAmbergris Balsamic notesBalsamic notes

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 26.05.2022.

Pized
Masterpiece, but handle with care
This is not easy to wear, as it exists and diffuses by itself, with a strong personality.
A work of art that makes you feel good whenever you sniff it, and capable of telling a story.
Projection and sillage are incredible.
Not something I would "wear" everyday, but I like to have a full bottle to come back to it every time I need some comfort, be it at home or on a special occasion.
It makes me think of some great avant-garde music which I definitely enjoy and projects me in another world, but which not necessarily would fit as background music.
A must have, at least in a sample.

Tauer
Au Coeur du Desert is a luxurious extrait that uses higher concentrations of the keynote ingredients that gave the original L’Air its soul: coriander, cumin, patchouli, cedar, ambergris, and resin. To our noses, Au Coeur has a smoother quality of patchouli, warmer woods, and a higher dose of ambergris, its salted golden warmth throwing all the other notes into stark relief. In terms of texture, Au Coeur is dense silk to L’Air’s smoke.Those who love L’Air du Desert Marocain will be relieved to find clear echoes in Au Coeur, but those who found the original too dramatic will be delighted to find a version built on a more human scale.

Evocative Masterpiece
A powerful herbal blast in the opening sandwiched between fresh spices on top and dry woody undertones. An ambery sweetness quickly makes its presence known and it stays that way through the drydown, getting slowly more syrupy-balsamic over time but never overpowering the other elements of the fragrance. The image evoked in my mind is a vanilla-flavored wind blowing across the twilight desert, picking up bits of sand as it swirls about, enough to feel but not to cause harm. Can wind be flavored? I don't care.

I sampled it based off sheer hype to reach free shipping while buying other Vanilla samples. Does it live up? Honestly, yeah kinda. I was looking for something more gourmandish, which this is not, but it's a beautiful scent nonetheless. Performance is quite strong as well, I get about 3hr of strong projection and 9-11hr longevity as a noticeable skin scent.

Compared to L'Air du Desert Marocain, it's an unmistakable higher concentration flanker. ACDD is like +10% more ambery, -10% less herbal. It's also a touch more moist, as LDDM doesn't really get "syrupy" in its drydown, and has marginally better performance.
The smell of Spice
I experience again and again a romantic longing for the Orient, the desert, the landscape and the cities, oriental spices and handicrafts This fascination and longing I seem to have in common with many sensitive people from the Western culture - including many artists - who banish their passion in pictures, stories and art or even fragrances and then further romanticize me.
That I therefore № 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain and Au Coeur du Désert attracted like a moth the light is almost self-evident or? I like both very much - Au Coeur du Désert is for me still a little deeper, fuller, like the completion of an already before grandiose masterpiece.

How does Au Coeur du Désert smell? That's not even that easy to describe, because the perfume is wonderfully interwoven. To me it smells wonderfully warm, dry, balsamic soothing, slightly sweet, of oriental spices without me being able to make one out, promising and with a wonderful depth.
I could draw you a picture: imagine you've been traveling all day on the edge of the Sahara, the last stretch into the desert you've undertaken in the evening on the backs of camels. Finally you are there, in a small tent city between the dunes. Around you there is a hustle and bustle, preparations for a fire are being made, others are preparing a delicious spice-laden dinner while still others are rolling out their prayer rugs and burning balsamic resins in a small vessel. Only you have nothing to do right now and so you decide to get away from the hustle and bustle and into the dunes.
The sun no longer burns as mercilessly as it did hours before and now bathes the dunes around you in a wonderful sea of amber while the sky provides a beautiful blue contrast and fades into something lavender towards the horizon. You take off your shoes - the sand is still quite warm and feels wonderfully warm and smooth as you let it trickle between your hands. You take a deep breath of the still-warm desert air and enjoy the peace and depth of the landscape.

*Cut* of course that's not how the air in the desert really smells - believe me I've been there - Au Coeur du Désert is more just one of those transfigured objects of longing art that move people like me so deeply. The longing has remained with me whether I come in this life again in the Orient I do not know, because I do not fly any more. Without being there" was for me a mixture of fascination and reality shock. Many, especially people from Japan, it should go like this, when they come full of romantic fantasies to Paris and then are confronted with reality (there is even a name for it - it is called the Paris Syndrome).
Maybe that's why I prefer to snuggle up on my sofa between my Berber cushions and read, say, "Voices of Marrakech" by Elias Canetti, "Baptism of Solitude" by Paul Bowles, "High Time of Solitude" by Albert Campus or, say, "The Little Prince" by Antone de Saint-Exupéry, wearing Au Coeur du Désert and dreaming of the desert and the Orient.

Another comparison I would make for Au Coeur du Désert is the Spice from the desert world of Arrakis from Dune. I devoured the book when I was 16 and right now it's in the cinemas with a terrific film adaptation. The Spice here is a just too mystical spice that only occurs on this desert world and is the most sought after commodity in the entire universe. It can only be found in the Deep Desert, smells sweet and slightly like cinnamon. It has life-extending and consciousness-expanding properties. The book Dune is an exceptional SiFi novel in that it is deeply philosophical and religion and culture of the Orient inspired.
There's something so mystical and deep about Au Coeur du Désert for me, too. When I imagine what Spice smells like, it smells like Au Coeur du Désert.
The mask
Even though he had long since hung up his profession, from time to time his fingers tingled so that he had to visit his old study in the west wing. Often he no longer entered the slightly dusty room overlooking the garden. Too painful were the longing memories of distant lands, which threatened to overwhelm him every time he entered the room. But today was the day again. After spending the morning in the library studying works on the history of African expeditions, the thought of the great, hot continent never left his mind until afternoon tea. Impatiently emptying his cup, he made his way to the west wing and pushed open the doors to the study. The large room was peppered with the quaintest things, which had accumulated over the course of the expeditions. In the center stood a rectangular map table of heavy wood filled with seemingly endless manuscripts, maps and documents. While he knew what he was looking for, it took a few moments for his tired eyes to spot it. Hanging in the corner and in the shadow of a bookshelf. He crossed the room and took the dark wooden mask from the wall. Carefully feeling the grain of the deep dark wood, he ran his fingers along the carvings and sucked in the smell of the mask through his flared nostrils. Instantly he felt transported back to a time when he had been blessed with youth and health and had made several expeditions into the heart of Africa.

How long they had been marching through the sea of dunes he could no longer say. As they put one foot in front of the other on the hot sand, the sun scorched mercilessly on their heads from above. Time, distance traveled, and distance yet to come seemed to merge completely with each other. Even the sand seemed to develop a smell under the sheer heat, at least it seemed as if he could literally smell the dryness of the sand. Now that they had been marching towards their destination for the entire morning, he kept catching himself as his gaze drifted off his guide's back and into the vastness of the desert. This time was no different. However, something was different this time. His gaze caught on a dark patch not fifty feet away from him. He managed a step or two before finally stopping completely, pausing for a second, only to leave the caravan and walk towards the dark spot. It wasn't until he was directly in front of the dark something that he realized it was a deep dark piece of wood. Curious, he picked it up and felt the dry but not at all brittle surface. It gave off an intense woody smell, which definitely had tendencies of dried resins, adding a distinctly balsamic scent. In some places, small, gray clumps of some sort of substance shimmered from the surface of the wood. It almost seemed as if they had been embedded into the wood. Upon closer inspection, he detected a soft, gentle scent emanating from the lumps, which blended harmoniously with the scents of the rest of the wood and the heated sand. He had never smelled a more beautiful scent in his life. How the piece of wood came to be in this part of the desert, of all places, was a mystery to him, one he pondered long after his time in Africa was over. He was so absorbed in the smell and appearance of the wood that he literally cringed when his guide put his hand on his shoulder from behind. With his treasure in his hands, he turned to the native and held it out to him questioningly. After a few moments of scrutiny, the guide informed him that he had no idea what he had in his hands, but that it would certainly make a nice ornamental mask. And so the piece of wood disappeared into his backpack, one thing led to another, years and decades passed, and so now he stood in his study with the mask he had made, dreaming of his adventures in Africa.

Fin.

Masterpiece
This is an absolute quality fragrance in all. Smell, longevity, sillage, compliments, all is perfect. I love this strong resinous incensed effect with this light balsamic green and these incredible quality of woods, amber and patchouli. You can feel all the ingredients, and you can also see the amount of absolute oils inside, thanks to its deep dark yellow color. I really love all of this. It's the better definitive version of air du desert marocain, taking earth of this and expand it to the infinite. It's more strong, dense, resinous, dark and longeve, and more pricey too. If you like so much the incense and resinous perfumes, you will prefer this.
Name of perfume is perfect. It's misterious, it's a poetry, it's all that a full resin perfume should have.
Thomas1032
Aladdin and the magic lamp
Wow!!
Au Coeur du Désert- In the Heart of the Desert.
The name in itself is a masterpiece and in my opinion it absolutely lives up to its name.
Oriental-Desert-Oriental-Bazaar-Quiet-Spiritual-Exhilarating-Dry-Heat-Desert. With these words I generously decorate this fragrance and rightly deserves a high recognition in the perfume world.

Never has a fragrance managed to catapult me emotionally like this to another place. It is as if I
somewhere in the middle of a desert in 1200 AD, surrounded by camels and ancient buildings made of sandstone. The fragrance itself smells of oriental oils such as blasam, resins, incense and other oriental spices, as if you were in the middle of a bazaar or surrounded by ancient temples in which spicy-sweet incense sticks intoxicate the senses. Thus, the fragrance also has something old and ancient about it. "Au Au Coeur du Désert"-. It doesn't really smell like the desert to me, but it still carries the history, heart and soul of the cities and peoples that surrounded them in one bottle. And to combine all that in just one scent borders on poetry. Okay I exaggerate a little!!!
The sillage both the durability are out of this world and hold easily 12 hours +. On the clothes, he goes away felt no more. Personally, almost a little too strong. Since he can really fill the whole room with it and is still noticeable from a greater distance. One, maximum two sprays are absolutely enough here. Although I almost recommend not spraying it on your neck because it will dent to smash you at some point. For me, it has an extremely calming effect that takes away stress and worry and almost has a wellness effect on my body, mind and soul. Incredible how intoxicating and calm I become with it, like smoking a joint or being fumigated with incense. Sprayed on in the morning, it's still there at bedtime that night, helping me fall asleep. At night it intoxicates my senses and makes me dream unusual things. Suddenly I am in Agrabah in an ancient oriental desert city in India, on the edge of the Jordan River in 1300 AD. The people there were strangely changed, for there were no trousers, even the men there had long silk-like garments covering parts of their bodies. Some of them wore huge cloth-like hats that protected them from the sun. The women were covered in jewellery and their beauty could not be surpassed. Everything was so colorful and I constantly had this strange smell in my nose. When darkness fell, everything became very peaceful and the whole city shimmered in the candlelight that adorned the city walls. Suddenly above me, something flitted in the sky. There was only a small wind noise and a hissing. Suddenly I saw something flat, no, a carpet, and it was flying. I must have been dreaming because it was Aladdin floating gently through the air on a flying carpet. He landed gently on one of the towers of the castle and all at once chants rang out and I heard:

Come with me to a land
An exotic spot where camels roam the desert
You stick your neck out and it's gone in a flash
Well, forget it, then the date's off
Suddenly the wind shifts and the sun disappears
There's a magic power
I dare you to come by
Go to the carpet hire and fly away to the Arabian night

Arabian nights
Like the days before
Are, as everyone knows, much hotter than hot
And that more and more
Arabian nights
Shines the moon on the land
Warned be the fool who lost what here in the eternal sand.......

>>>>"Arabian Nights"
Song by Bernd Klinsmann
The precise Swiss
Fortunately, I could still find a bottle in Zurich. This perfume had already made me curious since my early days at Parfumo.
The fragrance is perfect for the cold days. Smells a bit powdery for me.

Such a brilliant fragrance, very much oriental flair combined with fresh note from the Patschouli.

Not everywhere to find.
Ponticus
Get lost and how I then found peace!
Au Cœur du Désert by Andy Tauer is the best rated unisex perfume on Parfumo. This fragrance I really wanted to get to know. After a first sample test, I now own a full bottle.

By reading various reviews and testing the sample I was in very positive expectations and mentally already quite the generally widespread desert impression with Au Cœur du Désert caught. This perception fits perfectly, because the moment I spray it on, I feel an explosion of dust-dry heat, the sun heats the skin and a drought spreads that lacks any moisture in the environment. A fire blazes without smoke, the wood is "bone dry", both the burning and the branches next to the fire parched by the sun and flames. With vehemence, the heat of the fire presses the last resinous drops from the crackling branches into the embers, and a distinctive, bitter-citrus odor imprints an enigmatic citrusy stamp on the glowing wood. The silvery wood, mirror-smooth from wind and sand, thereby slowly and intensely spicy coals in front of itself, while the shimmering heat above makes me believe mirages typical for the fragrance.

Hatt, hatt, hatt, forward, on and on he drives the little Bedouin group, hatt, hatt, forward, on and on towards Aqaba in the rear of the Ottoman enemy. The crossing of the Nefud desert demands everything from "Lawrence of Arabia" and his daring band, but he never loses sight of the conquest of Akabar, despite all the hardships.

On the other side of the shimmering air, the confident Raisuli, proud leader of a Berber tribe, rides through the Maghreb to the native Rif Mountains. In tow and as a hostage the kidnapped American Eden Perdicaris to defy the American President Theodore Roosevelt "Like the wind and the lion".

An onset of balmy wind, coming from infinite distance, dispels the fantasies and delusions. It lures the nose with warm woody-sweet spice and settles deep-dark, heavy and dust-dry like a solid, ancient patina on the skin. The air is still scorching, and now that I'm sitting, I can feel the blazing heat of the rocks, the sand, and the last remnants of earth rising up at me. The barren ground breathes absolutely dry and the brooding sun vigorously drives the last remnants of aromatic resinous, woody and earthy scents from the parched land. Like fragrant balm, these melt into my warm skin and make my soul glow. No sound reaches my ear, endless silence everywhere.

And now what of Hau ab and the peace I found?

In all this desertness, I almost missed the fact that I had already encountered this Andy Tauer perfume, or at least a very similar scent. On mild summer evenings on the terrace at cozy get-togethers, we like to burn incense for the purpose of banishing stinging insects. One of the most famous manufacturers produces many different scented incense candles under the label "original Crottendorfer". Among other things also an XL variant called "Hau ab"! The funny packaging of "Hau ab" already suggests, with this scent aroma it goes to the pieksenden pests to the collar.

Is this incense candle lit, it smells like lemony incense, very intense, dry and balsamic. Confusingly similar to the beginning of the fragrance of Au Cœur du Désert! The burn is a little more smoky, coarser, superficial and lacks spicy depth, yet unmistakably a smell like Au Cœur du Désert. Unfortunately, this exquisite insect repellent has recently been discontinued for marketing reasons. From time to time can be found still full Schächtelchen on online sales platforms.

In the course of my excited call in Crottendorf, I was assured that only the name had changed, the new incense "calm" would have the identical recipe, but there would be much more possibilities of marketing in the direction of meditation, yoga and relaxation. Now there are even incense sticks in addition to the classic candles. The aroma is characterized on the part of the manufacture as lemony-good aromatic incense candles, aromatic and balsamic, a spicy incense resin scent with a dominant incense note. After about 30 minutes burning time is over.

The striking, albeit superficial similarity of the scent of "Hau ab/Ruhe" and Au Cœur du Désert suggests that the perfume could also be a mosquito repellent. I'm already curious to see how the two complement each other. The summer will show it, when the "calm" glows on the table and I enjoy the sociable round with two / three splashes Au Cœur du Désert in the evening.

Au Cœur du Désert is a great perfume with enormous durability and good sillage, absolutely striking and well-dosed everyday wear well. And if you really burn times for something, then it may be also gladly a splash more!

Thank you very much for your interest in this impressive top fragrance!

Blind trust
Andy Tauer.

When chemists devote themselves to perfumery, something exciting must come out of it.

ACDD is the fragrance that represents perfumery art, so to speak. With that I convinced a friend at the time to step away from his designer stuff and niche finally discover.

So many layers of scents in one. Concept spot on. Completely beguiling.

After then 3-4 months of daily wear but too "heavy" somehow, so I'm waiting for my heart to want to desert again

Rossi09Rossi09 2 months ago
Denser, more intense, sweeter than the “original” with more than a hint of chocolate. Warm, spicy, almost radiating heat. A wonderful scent!
InbnkInbnk 4 months ago
Phenomenon, Beast, Unique, Classy, Terrifically and The Best Amber = Au Coeur du Désert.
AntAguAntAgu 4 months ago
Muito bom um extrato com duração e qualidade
MiniGBICMiniGBIC 6 months ago
1 hour in midsummer cleaning up the non-insulated attic.
Afterwards, freshly showered & creamed, enjoy a cool breeze in the shade.
Maximus001Maximus001 8 months ago
Herbal ambery scent with serious wow factor. Parfumery at upmost level. Fantastic buy. My batch: 1712
RisingChaosRisingChaos 8 months ago
Herbal blast opening sandwiched between dry woods and fresh spices. A syrupy sweet amber quickly joins and seamlessly integrates itself.
MariaSMariaS 10 months ago
It’s a woody Smokey patchouli scent. I don’t like patchouli but here it doesn’t bother me. It’s so intense, for men and for winter time.
Blako11Blako11 12 months ago
Un imprescindible. Una joya de la perfumería. Te transporta totalmente.
EstbienlaEstbienla 1 year ago
Having a decant, I would say that it’s not exceptional, let alone number 1. It’s a scent mainly of grey amber with laurel and some spices.
RonniweRonniwe 1 year ago
Que decir.. Una obra maestra, hay que tenerla si o si, huele ponente, una delicia de perfume.

by Kylesa
by MarianoNoHe
by N4nom4n
by N4nom4n
by Carlossp
An evolution and modernization of the 2nd LADDM, what differs most is a start of raspberries
by Pedr0o
by Pedr0o
by TiberiusNero
by TiberiusNero
by Inbnk
by Inbnk

Popular by Tauer Perfumes

№ 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Tauer Perfumes Collectible PHI - Une Rose de Kandahar by Tauer Perfumes Attar AT by Tauer Perfumes № 03 - Lonestar Memories by Tauer Perfumes L'Air des Alpes Suisses by Tauer Perfumes № 08 - Une Rose Chyprée by Tauer Perfumes L'Eau by Tauer Perfumes Sundowner by Tauer Perfumes № 06 - Incense Rosé by Tauer Perfumes Les Années 25 by Tauer Perfumes № 14 - Noontide Petals by Tauer Perfumes L'Oudh by Tauer Perfumes № 05 - Incense Extrême by Tauer Perfumes № 01 - Le Maroc pour Elle by Tauer Perfumes Cologne du Maghreb (2021) by Tauer Perfumes Collectible ZETA - A Linden Blossom Theme by Tauer Perfumes L'Air du Désert Marocain (Solid Perfume) by Tauer Perfumes Sotto la Luna - Tuberose by Tauer Perfumes Lonesome Rider by Tauer Perfumes № 09 - Orange Star by Tauer Perfumes