Au Coeur du Désert 2016

Au Coeur du Désert by Tauer Perfumes
Top 1 in Unisex Perfume
Au Coeur du Désert is a popular perfume by Tauer Perfumes for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is spicy-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Andy Tauer

Top Notes Top NotesCitrus notesCitrus notes
SpicesSpices
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmberAmber
Base Notes Base NotesWoody notesWoody notes
PatchouliPatchouli
AmbergrisAmbergris
Balsamic notesBalsamic notes

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 27.09.2021.

The mask
Even though he had long since hung up his profession, from time to time his fingers tingled so that he had to visit his old study in the west wing. Often he no longer entered the slightly dusty room overlooking the garden. Too painful were the longing memories of distant lands, which threatened to overwhelm him every time he entered the room. But today was the day again. After spending the morning in the library studying works on the history of African expeditions, the thought of the great, hot continent never left his mind until afternoon tea. Impatiently emptying his cup, he made his way to the west wing and pushed open the doors to the study. The large room was peppered with the quaintest things, which had accumulated over the course of the expeditions. In the center stood a rectangular map table of heavy wood filled with seemingly endless manuscripts, maps and documents. While he knew what he was looking for, it took a few moments for his tired eyes to spot it. Hanging in the corner and in the shadow of a bookshelf. He crossed the room and took the dark wooden mask from the wall. Carefully feeling the grain of the deep dark wood, he ran his fingers along the carvings and sucked in the smell of the mask through his flared nostrils. Instantly he felt transported back to a time when he had been blessed with youth and health and had made several expeditions into the heart of Africa.

How long they had been marching through the sea of dunes he could no longer say. As they put one foot in front of the other on the hot sand, the sun scorched mercilessly on their heads from above. Time, distance traveled, and distance yet to come seemed to merge completely with each other. Even the sand seemed to develop a smell under the sheer heat, at least it seemed as if he could literally smell the dryness of the sand. Now that they had been marching towards their destination for the entire morning, he kept catching himself as his gaze drifted off his guide's back and into the vastness of the desert. This time was no different. However, something was different this time. His gaze caught on a dark patch not fifty feet away from him. He managed a step or two before finally stopping completely, pausing for a second, only to leave the caravan and walk towards the dark spot. It wasn't until he was directly in front of the dark something that he realized it was a deep dark piece of wood. Curious, he picked it up and felt the dry but not at all brittle surface. It gave off an intense woody smell, which definitely had tendencies of dried resins, adding a distinctly balsamic scent. In some places, small, gray clumps of some sort of substance shimmered from the surface of the wood. It almost seemed as if they had been embedded into the wood. Upon closer inspection, he detected a soft, gentle scent emanating from the lumps, which blended harmoniously with the scents of the rest of the wood and the heated sand. He had never smelled a more beautiful scent in his life. How the piece of wood came to be in this part of the desert, of all places, was a mystery to him, one he pondered long after his time in Africa was over. He was so absorbed in the smell and appearance of the wood that he literally cringed when his guide put his hand on his shoulder from behind. With his treasure in his hands, he turned to the native and held it out to him questioningly. After a few moments of scrutiny, the guide informed him that he had no idea what he had in his hands, but that it would certainly make a nice ornamental mask. And so the piece of wood disappeared into his backpack, one thing led to another, years and decades passed, and so now he stood in his study with the mask he had made, dreaming of his adventures in Africa.

Fin.

Masterpiece
This is an absolute quality fragrance in all. Smell, longevity, sillage, compliments, all is perfect. I love this strong resinous incensed effect with this light balsamic green and these incredible quality of woods, amber and patchouli. You can feel all the ingredients, and you can also see the amount of absolute oils inside, thanks to its deep dark yellow color. I really love all of this. It's the better definitive version of air du desert marocain, taking earth of this and expand it to the infinite. It's more strong, dense, resinous, dark and longeve, and more pricey too. If you like so much the incense and resinous perfumes, you will prefer this.
Name of perfume is perfect. It's misterious, it's a poetry, it's all that a full resin perfume should have.
Thomas1032
Aladdin and the magic lamp
Wow!!
Au Coeur du Désert- In the Heart of the Desert.
The name in itself is a masterpiece and in my opinion it absolutely lives up to its name.
Oriental-Desert-Oriental-Bazaar-Quiet-Spiritual-Exhilarating-Dry-Heat-Desert. With these words I generously decorate this fragrance and rightly deserves a high recognition in the perfume world.

Never has a fragrance managed to catapult me emotionally like this to another place. It is as if I
somewhere in the middle of a desert in 1200 AD, surrounded by camels and ancient buildings made of sandstone. The fragrance itself smells of oriental oils such as blasam, resins, incense and other oriental spices, as if you were in the middle of a bazaar or surrounded by ancient temples in which spicy-sweet incense sticks intoxicate the senses. Thus, the fragrance also has something old and ancient about it. "Au Au Coeur du Désert"-. It doesn't really smell like the desert to me, but it still carries the history, heart and soul of the cities and peoples that surrounded them in one bottle. And to combine all that in just one scent borders on poetry. Okay I exaggerate a little!!!
The sillage both the durability are out of this world and hold easily 12 hours +. On the clothes, he goes away felt no more. Personally, almost a little too strong. Since he can really fill the whole room with it and is still noticeable from a greater distance. One, maximum two sprays are absolutely enough here. Although I almost recommend not spraying it on your neck because it will dent to smash you at some point. For me, it has an extremely calming effect that takes away stress and worry and almost has a wellness effect on my body, mind and soul. Incredible how intoxicating and calm I become with it, like smoking a joint or being fumigated with incense. Sprayed on in the morning, it's still there at bedtime that night, helping me fall asleep. At night it intoxicates my senses and makes me dream unusual things. Suddenly I am in Agrabah in an ancient oriental desert city in India, on the edge of the Jordan River in 1300 AD. The people there were strangely changed, for there were no trousers, even the men there had long silk-like garments covering parts of their bodies. Some of them wore huge cloth-like hats that protected them from the sun. The women were covered in jewellery and their beauty could not be surpassed. Everything was so colorful and I constantly had this strange smell in my nose. When darkness fell, everything became very peaceful and the whole city shimmered in the candlelight that adorned the city walls. Suddenly above me, something flitted in the sky. There was only a small wind noise and a hissing. Suddenly I saw something flat, no, a carpet, and it was flying. I must have been dreaming because it was Aladdin floating gently through the air on a flying carpet. He landed gently on one of the towers of the castle and all at once chants rang out and I heard:

Come with me to a land
An exotic spot where camels roam the desert
You stick your neck out and it's gone in a flash
Well, forget it, then the date's off
Suddenly the wind shifts and the sun disappears
There's a magic power
I dare you to come by
Go to the carpet hire and fly away to the Arabian night

Arabian nights
Like the days before
Are, as everyone knows, much hotter than hot
And that more and more
Arabian nights
Shines the moon on the land
Warned be the fool who lost what here in the eternal sand.......

>>>>"Arabian Nights"
Song by Bernd Klinsmann
The precise Swiss
Fortunately, I could still find a bottle in Zurich. This perfume had already made me curious since my early days at Parfumo.
The fragrance is perfect for the cold days. Smells a bit powdery for me.

Such a brilliant fragrance, very much oriental flair combined with fresh note from the Patschouli.

Not everywhere to find.
Ponticus
Get lost and how I then found peace!
Au Cœur du Désert by Andy Tauer is the best rated unisex perfume on Parfumo. This fragrance I really wanted to get to know. After a first sample test, I now own a full bottle.

By reading various reviews and testing the sample I was in very positive expectations and mentally already quite the generally widespread desert impression with Au Cœur du Désert caught. This perception fits perfectly, because the moment I spray it on, I feel an explosion of dust-dry heat, the sun heats the skin and a drought spreads that lacks any moisture in the environment. A fire blazes without smoke, the wood is "bone dry", both the burning and the branches next to the fire parched by the sun and flames. With vehemence, the heat of the fire presses the last resinous drops from the crackling branches into the embers, and a distinctive, bitter-citrus odor imprints an enigmatic citrusy stamp on the glowing wood. The silvery wood, mirror-smooth from wind and sand, thereby slowly and intensely spicy coals in front of itself, while the shimmering heat above makes me believe mirages typical for the fragrance.

Hatt, hatt, hatt, forward, on and on he drives the little Bedouin group, hatt, hatt, forward, on and on towards Aqaba in the rear of the Ottoman enemy. The crossing of the Nefud desert demands everything from "Lawrence of Arabia" and his daring band, but he never loses sight of the conquest of Akabar, despite all the hardships.

On the other side of the shimmering air, the confident Raisuli, proud leader of a Berber tribe, rides through the Maghreb to the native Rif Mountains. In tow and as a hostage the kidnapped American Eden Perdicaris to defy the American President Theodore Roosevelt "Like the wind and the lion".

An onset of balmy wind, coming from infinite distance, dispels the fantasies and delusions. It lures the nose with warm woody-sweet spice and settles deep-dark, heavy and dust-dry like a solid, ancient patina on the skin. The air is still scorching, and now that I'm sitting, I can feel the blazing heat of the rocks, the sand, and the last remnants of earth rising up at me. The barren ground breathes absolutely dry and the brooding sun vigorously drives the last remnants of aromatic resinous, woody and earthy scents from the parched land. Like fragrant balm, these melt into my warm skin and make my soul glow. No sound reaches my ear, endless silence everywhere.

And now what of Hau ab and the peace I found?

In all this desertness, I almost missed the fact that I had already encountered this Andy Tauer perfume, or at least a very similar scent. On mild summer evenings on the terrace at cozy get-togethers, we like to burn incense for the purpose of banishing stinging insects. One of the most famous manufacturers produces many different scented incense candles under the label "original Crottendorfer". Among other things also an XL variant called "Hau ab"! The funny packaging of "Hau ab" already suggests, with this scent aroma it goes to the pieksenden pests to the collar.

Is this incense candle lit, it smells like lemony incense, very intense, dry and balsamic. Confusingly similar to the beginning of the fragrance of Au Cœur du Désert! The burn is a little more smoky, coarser, superficial and lacks spicy depth, yet unmistakably a smell like Au Cœur du Désert. Unfortunately, this exquisite insect repellent has recently been discontinued for marketing reasons. From time to time can be found still full Schächtelchen on online sales platforms.

In the course of my excited call in Crottendorf, I was assured that only the name had changed, the new incense "calm" would have the identical recipe, but there would be much more possibilities of marketing in the direction of meditation, yoga and relaxation. Now there are even incense sticks in addition to the classic candles. The aroma is characterized on the part of the manufacture as lemony-good aromatic incense candles, aromatic and balsamic, a spicy incense resin scent with a dominant incense note. After about 30 minutes burning time is over.

The striking, albeit superficial similarity of the scent of "Hau ab/Ruhe" and Au Cœur du Désert suggests that the perfume could also be a mosquito repellent. I'm already curious to see how the two complement each other. The summer will show it, when the "calm" glows on the table and I enjoy the sociable round with two / three splashes Au Cœur du Désert in the evening.

Au Cœur du Désert is a great perfume with enormous durability and good sillage, absolutely striking and well-dosed everyday wear well. And if you really burn times for something, then it may be also gladly a splash more!

Thank you very much for your interest in this impressive top fragrance!

Blind trust
Andy Tauer.

When chemists devote themselves to perfumery, something exciting must come out of it.

ACDD is the fragrance that represents perfumery art, so to speak. With that I convinced a friend at the time to step away from his designer stuff and niche finally discover.

So many layers of scents in one. Concept spot on. Completely beguiling.

After then 3-4 months of daily wear but too "heavy" somehow, so I'm waiting for my heart to want to desert again
Torn back and forth
With rarely a fragrance I am so torn. In notes it fluctuates between a 7 and 10. Therefore, now the 8,5.
It is simply because you have to absolutely recognize the uniqueness and the ingenious inheritance of the components. It hinzubekommen to produce the dryness of the desert, the smell or the association of a spice bazaar so authentically requires appreciation.
One is just taken on a journey, as only a few fragrances manage.
The dream of distance.. The Orient.. A certain romanticism sways with. Peace and retreat.. Archaic is this fragrance atmosphere
Only is it a perfume after which one would like to smell? For many it is. For me, I would like to leave the question open..
Carrie meets Aidan
To illustrate this extraordinary fragrance, I immediately think of a scene from Sex & City 2, in which Carrie accidentally meets Aidan while shopping in an oriental bazaar. A moment in which time seems to stand still. The warm and dry desert air, wonderful notes of spices from near & far, oriental sounds and a touch of passion and luxury describe the reunion of Carrie and Aidan in this wonderful place, far away from the daily hustle and bustle and routine
That, I think, says it all!

The beauty of this fragrance is that at times the feeling arises to have desert sand in the nose. Highlight for me is of course the drydown, when everything harmonizes seamlessly. Light citrus notes could still give the fragrance that certain icing on the cake, though, that's what I'm missing on some days. Otherwise, flawless!
Especially
This is where I struggle. I love the scent, smell it with pleasure. But on a person?

This fragrance is something very special. I spray it on and see myself in the middle of the desert. Somehow it smells like dryness and heat, weird to describe.
In any case, it is a masterpiece in its own special way.
The only problem is that I haven't found a suitable occasion. I don't know where I could wear it. At work? Absolutely not. At college? I don't think so.
If I wear it in the spare time surrounded by friends, I get certainly also no positive feedback, only puzzled faces, what I wear there for a fragrance.
With this I do not want to say that I wear perfume only if it pleases my environment, but here I perceive my fragrance on myself as inappropriate and do not feel comfortable with it.
I like to wear one or two sprays before going to bed. He relaxes me, makes me dream.
One must have smelled him in any case times.
How do you deal with this fragrance?
ALoiS
Sauna infusion meets wooden fireplace room
I must say, this fragrance has it really in itself. For everyone who is unsure whether he should test this fragrance or not I can say in advance: Whether you like the fragrance or not (I love him), he is extremely special in its own way and you have to have tested him once!

Fragrance description:

(Location: Luxor, Egypt)

Imagine it's autumn and you're in the sauna.
*Sauna infusion*
The cabin heats up. From degree to degree you become more relaxed and enjoy the perfect warmth.
Deeply relaxed, you lie on the warm wood. You notice a woody-sweet-spicy hint of a fragrance.
After about a quarter of an hour of relaxation, you leave the sauna. The aroma obtained from the infusion remains on your skin even after you shower off. It should also be mentioned that your balsamic-smelling shampoo projects another scent onto your steaming body.

You slip into your cloth slippers, throw on your robe, and slowly make your way to your fireside room. Another enchanting scent joins the existing ones. It is the smell of wood, which sprouts from the eternally old shelves.

This combination of scents puts you in a trance state and makes you feel faint.

Strolling, you head for your leather armchair. You let yourself fall into it and close your eyes.

All of these scents combine to create Andy Tauer's masterpiece.
Finally, it's worth mentioning that the scent unfolds again so wonderfully after about an hour. That's wow!
Durability + sillage are far from good and evil. 10/10!

I hope I could bring you the fragrance closer.

RisingChaosRisingChaos 9 days ago
Herbal blast opening sandwiched between dry woods and fresh spices. A syrupy sweet amber quickly joins and seamlessly integrates itself.
MariaSMariaS 2 months ago
It’s a woody Smokey patchouli scent. I don’t like patchouli but here it doesn’t bother me. It’s so intense, for men and for winter time.
Blako11Blako11 4 months ago
Un imprescindible. Una joya de la perfumería. Te transporta totalmente.
EstbienlaEstbienla 6 months ago
Having a decant, I would say that it’s not exceptional, let alone number 1. It’s a scent mainly of grey amber with laurel and some spices.
RonniweRonniwe 7 months ago
Que decir.. Una obra maestra, hay que tenerla si o si, huele ponente, una delicia de perfume.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 7 months ago
The opening is shyer than in LDDM. Also spicy (but with less cumin) and less sweet. The scent is dry, ambery, more leathery and deep.
BielwenassBielwenass 8 months ago
More potent than the original that was already not a lightweight. At times I find this is too much, I prefer the original.
EdP4hommeEdP4homme 1 year ago
I do not like insence so it is not for me. But it is a very delicate natural insence based fragrance, super long lasting, well done!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 1 year ago
Woody, ambery and balsamic. A simple recepty for a high quality, high pleaser, huge performance, indispensable perfume. Tauer nailed it!
PioPio 2 years ago
A very nice scent, wish it was a bit less dry though. Not a blind buy.

by Kylesa
by Sirchelios
by MarianoNoHe
by MarianoNoHe
by Carlossp
An evolution and modernization of the 2nd LADDM, what differs most is a start of raspberries
by TiberiusNero
by TiberiusNero

Popular Tauer Perfumes

№ 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Tauer Perfumes Collectible PHI - Une Rose de Kandahar by Tauer Perfumes Attar AT by Tauer Perfumes L'Air des Alpes Suisses by Tauer Perfumes № 03 - Lonestar Memories by Tauer Perfumes L'Eau by Tauer Perfumes L'Air du Désert Marocain (Solid Perfume) by Tauer Perfumes № 08 - Une Rose Chyprée by Tauer Perfumes № 06 - Incense Rosé by Tauer Perfumes № 14 - Noontide Petals by Tauer Perfumes L'Oudh by Tauer Perfumes Les Années 25 by Tauer Perfumes № 01 - Le Maroc pour Elle by Tauer Perfumes № 05 - Incense Extrême by Tauer Perfumes Collectible ZETA - A Linden Blossom Theme by Tauer Perfumes Lonesome Rider by Tauer Perfumes Cologne du Maghreb (2021) by Tauer Perfumes № 09 - Orange Star by Tauer Perfumes Cologne du Maghreb (2010) by Tauer Perfumes Sotto la Luna - Tuberose by Tauer Perfumes