Au Coeur du Désert 2016

Au Coeur du Désert by Tauer Perfumes
Top 1 in Unisex Perfume
Au Coeur du Désert is a popular perfume by Tauer Perfumes for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is spicy-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Andy Tauer

Woody notes, Patchouli, Ambergris, Balsamic notes

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 10.05.2021.

Blind trust
Andy Tauer.

When chemists devote themselves to perfumery, something exciting must come out of it.

ACDD is the fragrance that represents perfumery art, so to speak. With that I convinced a friend at the time to step away from his designer stuff and niche finally discover.

So many layers of scents in one. Concept spot on. Completely beguiling.

After then 3-4 months of daily wear but too "heavy" somehow, so I'm waiting for my heart to want to desert again
Torn back and forth
With rarely a fragrance I am so torn. In notes it fluctuates between a 7 and 10. Therefore, now the 8,5.
It is simply because you have to absolutely recognize the uniqueness and the ingenious inheritance of the components. It hinzubekommen to produce the dryness of the desert, the smell or the association of a spice bazaar so authentically requires appreciation.
One is just taken on a journey, as only a few fragrances manage.
The dream of distance.. The Orient.. A certain romanticism sways with. Peace and retreat.. Archaic is this fragrance atmosphere
Only is it a perfume after which one would like to smell? For many it is. For me, I would like to leave the question open..
Carrie meets Aidan
To illustrate this extraordinary fragrance, I immediately think of a scene from Sex & City 2, in which Carrie accidentally meets Aidan while shopping in an oriental bazaar. A moment in which time seems to stand still. The warm and dry desert air, wonderful notes of spices from near & far, oriental sounds and a touch of passion and luxury describe the reunion of Carrie and Aidan in this wonderful place, far away from the daily hustle and bustle and routine
That, I think, says it all!

The beauty of this fragrance is that at times the feeling arises to have desert sand in the nose. Highlight for me is of course the drydown, when everything harmonizes seamlessly. Light citrus notes could still give the fragrance that certain icing on the cake, though, that's what I'm missing on some days. Otherwise, flawless!
Especially
This is where I struggle. I love the scent, smell it with pleasure. But on a person?

This fragrance is something very special. I spray it on and see myself in the middle of the desert. Somehow it smells like dryness and heat, weird to describe.
In any case, it is a masterpiece in its own special way.
The only problem is that I haven't found a suitable occasion. I don't know where I could wear it. At work? Absolutely not. At college? I don't think so.
If I wear it in the spare time surrounded by friends, I get certainly also no positive feedback, only puzzled faces, what I wear there for a fragrance.
With this I do not want to say that I wear perfume only if it pleases my environment, but here I perceive my fragrance on myself as inappropriate and do not feel comfortable with it.
I like to wear one or two sprays before going to bed. He relaxes me, makes me dream.
One must have smelled him in any case times.
How do you deal with this fragrance?
ALoiS
Sauna infusion meets wooden fireplace room
I must say, this fragrance has it really in itself. For everyone who is unsure whether he should test this fragrance or not I can say in advance: Whether you like the fragrance or not (I love him), he is extremely special in its own way and you have to have tested him once!

Fragrance description:

(Location: Luxor, Egypt)

Imagine it's autumn and you're in the sauna.
*Sauna infusion*
The cabin heats up. From degree to degree you become more relaxed and enjoy the perfect warmth.
Deeply relaxed, you lie on the warm wood. You notice a woody-sweet-spicy hint of a fragrance.
After about a quarter of an hour of relaxation, you leave the sauna. The aroma obtained from the infusion remains on your skin even after you shower off. It should also be mentioned that your balsamic-smelling shampoo projects another scent onto your steaming body.

You slip into your cloth slippers, throw on your robe, and slowly make your way to your fireside room. Another enchanting scent joins the existing ones. It is the smell of wood, which sprouts from the eternally old shelves.

This combination of scents puts you in a trance state and makes you feel faint.

Strolling, you head for your leather armchair. You let yourself fall into it and close your eyes.

All of these scents combine to create Andy Tauer's masterpiece.
Finally, it's worth mentioning that the scent unfolds again so wonderfully after about an hour. That's wow!
Durability + sillage are far from good and evil. 10/10!

I hope I could bring you the fragrance closer.
DerOki
Through the desert with coke in hand
so I can not be the only one who perceives the synthetic note of cola. But not discreetly, but a little stronger. After about 1h, the smell subsides and it comes out this oriental fragrance. Maybe it's also due to my batch. Still, I would say a very great scent. It makes me think of a sandy desert, 39 degrees hot, turban on my head and a coke to cool down. Mega fragrance, but can understand that he is also hated
At the gates of Mecca
I wish you much fun with my first comment :)
I've been to many places around the world in my life and I associate very specific smells with many of them.
However, that association has never been as strong as it is with ACDD. You literally feel like you are standing in the middle of all the people. Spices, and balms are in the air mixed by the dry but unique smell of the desert wind For me by far the best chosen perfume name of the entire industry together with his little brother
L'air du Dessert Marocain.

I know it was not particularly detailed or me stonewalled expertise formulated but I still ask for your indulgence that this is my first comment!

P.s a belated Happy New Year I wish all perfumos here!
Hitchhiker's Guide to Spacetime
Shortly after New Year's Day, I'm standing on a foggy road, stretching out my arm. A nondescript blue, angular car passes, rumor has it the gas cap isn't quite tight. It slows down, a window drops down, "Hoi, I'm the Andy, want a ride?" "Howdy! For that price? I'd love to, but..." "Oh come on, the ride's free, at least almost. Get in..."
I'm cordially offered the passenger seat, I take a seat. On the strangely futuristic sat nav is some address in Morocco. "That's where we're going?", I ask, wondering if the little bit of gas I've filled up will be enough for the trip. "Somewhere in the Maghreb is where I usually drop off all the bores. They parrot everything I say anyway; if I told them it was going to the moon, they'd just smile and clap." He examines me insistently "For you I have another goal, another time. We're discovering a little part of you, a modicum of your memory." He types in the nav, a small button is pressed, the surroundings blur into glistening light. In the afternoon, individual contours become visible through the window, we slow down.... A city becomes visible, Cairo, we stop, at the edge of a busy street. I see myself as a child, on my father's shoulders. Watching with interest, questioning. We pass a souk, the dry afternoon heat beating down, a balmy breeze blowing out of it towards us. I can't smell it, because only Hitchhiker No2 would have taken me there - or so I think. Well, some other time. We walk out of town and Andy looks at me, "I've gotten you this far, only you can make the big leap in time." He gets in his car, honks the horn, and flies off toward the setting sun. What does he mean, I think, and turn around, lost in thought. I look to the northeast, and see...nothing. Where Cairo stood a moment ago, there is now only sand. The three great pyramids are suddenly white, smooth and magnificent. I see a few more scaffolds, not yet dismantled, and a magnificent barque behind the reeds of the Nile bank before the tops of the monuments hide the last golden rays. The little figures in white cloths, and their white houses on the shore, are swallowed up by the darkness in the distance. I sit down in the sand, still warm from the day's heat, and enjoy its comforting embrace. The wind begins to carry a variety of scents from the distance. Ethereal, almost humid, cool air sweeps around me from the direction of the Nile. Balmy smoke wafts to me from the pyramids and temples. All this while the warm sand, stones, and brittle wooden buildings cool creeping away, their warmth passing to me. I feel the age and power of my surroundings. Long before Alexander sets foot there; long before grain is shipped to a world city which still patiently awaits its founding; long before a certain Frenchman, greater than you think, challenges the Mamelukes. Long I sit there, losing my sense of time. Eons later, Ra rises his barque above the horizon, and as an ancient city awakens across the Nile, the shells of the beautiful pyramids crumble. The surroundings blur, and I'm back, the next morning, by the foggy road. Turn around, intoxicated, start walking, forgetting that I was supposed to be hitchhiking home. I guess I'll have to buy a blue car myself, but the satnav is permanently set to me by the factory - Luckily

Ptsau
It’s so Andy Tauer! Must try!
It is unique, complex, high quality, great performance fragrance. I actually tried L’Air du Desert Marocain first and loved the opening but then it smells weaker after the dry down, though still nice. Then I tried this one and found I love this one so much more. They smell very similar and share the same DNA but this one is much richer especially starting from the mid stage. I got slight leathery vibe from it. Performance also much better because this one is Extrait Parfum and the L’Air du Desert Marocain is Eau de Toilette Intense. So I decided to get a full bottle of this instead of the other. This is one of the perfumes that it doesn’t smell good straight from the bottle. Let it sits and does the chemical reaction on your skin then you would find it smells so heavenly. Perfumes by Andy Tauer just smell so different and cannot be found out there. You won’t be disappointed and won’t be able to find a similar one anywhere else if you can find the one that you love from the line. They all smell unique and edgy so do not blind buy but definitely worth check out their samples.

Better after a few days
At first, I wasn't that excited to wear this fragrance... it's a very good amber, slightly woodgize scent. I thought to myself, well it's nr. 1 unisex just like Herod is for men -> without exact reasons.

After a few days, when I smelled the drydown on's klamoten ... I was very curious to know more for it. Sprayed a few more sprays and just enjoyed those, wow what a scent. It's similar somehow with Grand Soir in dry down, the MFK is a bit subtler and classier, the Tauer is quite aggressive and strong ... you notice it immediately.

Durability is up to the roof, lasts and lasts and never gives it up, stays with it all day and more.

I don't necessarily like this little bottle, it looks classy but does nothing for me. In a world with the super luxurious bottles of YSL le vestiaire for the same price ... I expect more for 320€ 100ml.

Overall the fragrance is quite good and strong but never nr. 1 in unisex, there are much better on the market also as price, eg Coromandel EDP. Who likes the fragrance DNA much, can like the Air du dessert, eau de toilette intense buy and has the same fragrance but must pay less.

EstbienlaEstbienla 2 months ago
Having a decant, I would say that it’s not exceptional, let alone number 1. It’s a scent mainly of grey amber with laurel and some spices.
RonniweRonniwe 3 months ago
Que decir.. Una obra maestra, hay que tenerla si o si, huele ponente, una delicia de perfume.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 3 months ago
The opening is shyer than in LDDM. Also spicy (but with less cumin) and less sweet. The scent is dry, ambery, more leathery and deep.
BielwenassBielwenass 4 months ago
More potent than the original that was already not a lightweight. At times I find this is too much, I prefer the original.
EdP4hommeEdP4homme 8 months ago
I do not like insence so it is not for me. But it is a very delicate natural insence based fragrance, super long lasting, well done!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 1 year ago
Woody, ambery and balsamic. A simple recepty for a high quality, high pleaser, huge performance, indispensable perfume. Tauer nailed it!
PioPio 1 year ago
A very nice scent, wish it was a bit less dry though. Not a blind buy.
OvaissaleemOvaissaleem 1 year ago
A Stunning, Gorgeous and Mesmerizing masterpiece by Andy Tauer. A work of an art.
ItchynoseItchynose 1 year ago
Warm sirocco winds blow over the Saharan dunes carrying aromas of incense and resins. A million grains of sand scrub the skin under the sun.
AmberScentAmberScent 2 years ago
An intemporal oriental fragrance, a resinous and smoky masterpiece and a touch lighter than its older brother LADDM. Trully recomended.

by Kylesa
by Sirchelios
by MarianoNoHe
by MarianoNoHe
by Carlossp
An evolution and modernization of the 2nd LADDM, what differs most is a start of raspberries
by TiberiusNero
by TiberiusNero

Popular Tauer Perfumes

№ 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Tauer Perfumes Collectible PHI - Une Rose de Kandahar by Tauer Perfumes Attar AT by Tauer Perfumes L'Air des Alpes Suisses by Tauer Perfumes L'Air du Désert Marocain (Solid Perfume) by Tauer Perfumes L'Eau by Tauer Perfumes № 03 - Lonestar Memories by Tauer Perfumes № 08 - Une Rose Chyprée by Tauer Perfumes № 06 - Incense Rosé by Tauer Perfumes № 14 - Noontide Petals by Tauer Perfumes Les Années 25 by Tauer Perfumes L'Oudh by Tauer Perfumes № 01 - Le Maroc pour Elle by Tauer Perfumes № 05 - Incense Extrême by Tauer Perfumes Collectible ZETA - A Linden Blossom Theme by Tauer Perfumes Lonesome Rider by Tauer Perfumes Sotto la Luna - Tuberose by Tauer Perfumes Cologne du Maghreb by Tauer Perfumes № 09 - Orange Star by Tauer Perfumes Phtaloblue by Tauer Perfumes