Au Coeur du Désert (2016)

Au Coeur du Désert by Tauer Perfumes

Au Coeur du Désert is a popular perfume by Tauer Perfumes for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is spicy-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Andy Tauer

Woody notes, Patchouli, Ambergris, Balsamic notes

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 18.03.2019

10.0/10
PMRP12
And the story continues...
Truly the next chapter in the story of LADDM. However, missing are the arid spices and vastness of the former, which to me are what made it magical. Many will prefer this for its sweeter, denser character that makes it slightly more wearable, albeit more similar to other ambers. I put this along the same lines as HdP’s Ambre 114, though not quite as smooth and sweet. If the spicy opening put you off of LADDM, then ACDD may be for you.
7.0 8.0 9.0 8.0/10
Jilly
Nice desert without corners and edges
First of all - it was a blind purchase. I had been inspired by this fragrance at Parfumo and in the verse videos.
I ordered it and unpacked it.... What annoyed me from the very beginning and is still annoying today is that the bottle licks. I've always been hanging in the lid and on the nebulizer perfume it's like permanently damp up there in the cap. With the price I do not find that at all.
Now for the fragrance. He's like described a dry desert. Stand once in the Sahara and let the dry dust and sand blow around your body. This best describes the fragrance. He's very straightforward. There's little surprise coming. With this fragrance you will certainly do little wrong, but it will not polarize in my eyes either. The shelf life is therefore 8 hours plus.
Get a sample before you buy him. I think you'll be easily disappointed otherwise.
8.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10
Condensed LADDM
This smells like you sprayed LADDM, then captured the spritz in the air and condensed it. I guess the way I look at it is it's simply what you would expect from a parfum version of just about any fragrance. Less citrus, more base, a richer heart, more sillage, and longer-lasting (I know this is not always the case with parfum concentrations, but that's how it's "supposed to be" in our minds. I also know this is not a parfum, but it smells like it is). This version reminds me of a desert night, not a desert under the scorching hot sun. But the sand is still hot. I absolutely adore this version, just as much as the original. I own both and would give neither up!
8.0 9.0 9.0 9.5/10
passionate passion
Already Andy Tauers N° 2 "L'Air du Désert Marocain" fascinated me and took me on a trip to North Africa.
There I followed in Paul Klee's footsteps and August Macke's. Both painters had embarked on this great journey in the spring of 1914 - see my commentary on this "With Paul Klee in the Desert".

So of course I was particularly excited about "Au Coeur du Désert".
Would I like it? What would it tell me?
Finally I managed to get a bottling from a very dear Parfumo soul mate; thanks at this point!

I don't like to draw comparisons; here they would be completely out of place.
"In the heart of the desert" - this promise is fully fulfilled:
Immediately I feel the scorching heat of sun and sand surrounding me.
Gleißendes Licht conjures wabernde pictures: do I believe in a "Fata Morgana"?
I have to!
Silence! Silence that is not interrupted by anything. Motionless silence and seemingly endless expanse!
In the Middle of Nowhere!

But there: some tents, camels, horses and people! Very strange, proud people!
People who set up their camp for the night. The preparations have been made, a fire is smouldering in a hollow in the sand, a tajine is sitting in it.
What a delicious fragrance comes from this ceramic tableware!
Hospitality in the desert: the invitation is immediately pronounced and joyful, accepted full of interest!
Slightly curious looking Khol-edged women eyes; friendly and at the same time shy!
Men, racy and wild like their horses: sparkling teeth and searching looks!
Mysterious fascination lies over this scene!

The wind, now awakened, brings with it the strong scent of strange wood that has been deformed and dried by the sun. Not recognizable is what it once was in life: now it is only wonderfully spicy aroma.
Temptingly this mixes with the lustre of mature patchouli surrounding these mysterious women.
The tasty meal with its scents is forgotten; it only counts what this eternal desert and its inhabitants offer.
The fire is kindled again, it burns calming and protective; magic lies in the beginning night.
Thousands and thousands of stars of the southern hemisphere draw their images in the dark sapphire sky.
Attractive, seductive looks - passion flickers on, the surroundings begin to blur ...
Hot skin of hot skin; light, reminiscent of the delicacy of fine porcelain; deep dark, balsamic amber scent, on which golden lights come to life.
Quiet whispering; in the silence of the endlessly seeming night a woman's soft laughter blows away ...

"Au Coeur du Désert" breaks his story here.
Also this fragrance is according to Andy Tauers motto "perfume created with love"!
And how!

Durability and Sillage are again excellent; well so, because the separation from this fragrance experience is unspeakably difficult for me.
If I opened the well-known Tauer flacon again: would this story be told again or would it hold other mysterious and glowing promises?
I'll have to wait until someone moves in with me.
When that is is still written in the stars; but until then I will guard this bottling and from time to time tread the path of glowing passion with its contents.
Will I find her again?

AmberScent 34 days ago
An intemporal oriental fragrance, a resinous and smoky masterpiece and a touch lighter than its older brother LADDM. Trully recomended.+1
MRoth 44 days ago
LDDM with the sweet ambergris Tauerade dialled down and an extra chord of citrus/neroli added to top and middle for extra bite and clarity.+2
Giesta40 15 months ago
Even better than LDDM (is it possible?)... LDDM in edp concentration, superb!+4
Lexa 24 months ago
The best part of LDDM,without the smothering opening.Spicy,creamy,and as i've noticed there is a slightly citric note in the mix.Unique!+5

by Kylesa
by Lotte1
by Sirchelios
by Sirchelios
by Carlossp
An evolution and modernization of the 2nd LADDM, what differs most is a start of raspberries
by TiberiusNero
by TiberiusNero

Popular Tauer Perfumes

No. 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain by Tauer Perfumes Au Coeur du Désert by Tauer Perfumes Collectible PHI - Une Rose de Kandahar by Tauer Perfumes No. 03 - Lonestar Memories by Tauer Perfumes No. 06 - Incense Rosé by Tauer Perfumes No. 09 - Orange Star by Tauer Perfumes L'Eau by Tauer Perfumes No. 14 - Noontide Petals by Tauer Perfumes No. 01 - Le Maroc pour Elle by Tauer Perfumes Collectible ZETA - A Linden Blossom Theme by Tauer Perfumes No. 08 - Une Rose Chyprée by Tauer Perfumes No. 05 - Incense Extrême by Tauer Perfumes Lonesome Rider by Tauer Perfumes No. 04 - Rêverie au Jardin by Tauer Perfumes Pentachord White by Tauer Perfumes No. 07 - Vetiver Dance by Tauer Perfumes Cologne du Maghreb by Tauer Perfumes No. 11 - Carillon pour un Ange by Tauer Perfumes No. 10 - Une Rose Vermeille by Tauer Perfumes Sotto la Luna - Gardenia by Tauer Perfumes