Collectible PHI - Une Rose de Kandahar 2013

Collectible PHI - Une Rose de Kandahar by Tauer Perfumes
Top 95 in Unisex Perfume
Collectible PHI - Une Rose de Kandahar is a popular perfume by Tauer Perfumes for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is floral-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Andy Tauer

Top Notes Top NotesApricot, Bergamot, Cinnamon, Bitter almond
Heart Notes Heart NotesAfghan rose, Bulgarian rose absolute, Bourbon geranium, Tobacco absolute
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Vetiver, Vanilla, Tonka bean, Musk, Ambergris

Submitted by Colognissimo, last update on 26.11.2020.

Yin and yang
I am very excited about this scent.
Although I am not a great friend of rose scents, I love this perfume more than anything else.
When I spray it on, I immediately think of the past, but at the same time not of something old-fashioned. The fragrance definitely has a gourmand touch, but is by no means too sweet or swollen like many other rose scents. PHI seems very unisex in my opinion.
So the fragrance is an interplay of many contrasts and that is what makes it so special to me
Transience
His name was Bryan. He was a soldier stationed in Kandahar. His desire was always to do something righteous and serve his country. His parents never wanted him to be a soldier. The dangers and risks he might have to face were not small It came as it should have come. The foreign order. Kandahar. A province so beautiful and yet filled with so many abominations.
The people back there so frightened, and yet so friendly. All they wanted was peace. Peace as it should be for everyone, no matter what country, religion or political opinion. Bryan also saw these people for what they were: as human beings and he sought closeness. Tried to get to know them and show them that he was no threat.
Time passed and a trust was established between him and the people. One day, outside his ministry, a village boy wanted to show him something. He led him to a beautiful landscape with countless flowers. Including a rose known as the Rose of Kandahar.

This rose was to play a decisive role in the end, but more about that later.

Bryan was more than fascinated. This landscape and the smell. He was more than pleased. The rose had such a wonderful scent, he could hardly put it into words At the beginning he heard an engaging spicy start, paired with a well-dosed sweetness. It must be the cinnamon and bitter almond. A great contrast as he found. As he let the aromas subside a bit and the time passed, he could perceive more notes. Here it was mainly the tobacco that became more and more apparent to him. The scent of the rose now also came through supporting him. The scent captivated with its many facets and dimensions. He was not able to smell everything. It was an opulent work of art, complex and capturing the environment around him. In the last moments it became more earthy, patchouli dominated the scene and at some point the smell disappeared.
A flattering, never in the sweet outgoing fragrance.

Enraptured by this perception, he forgot the time. So that's how long it took him to smell that scent. An enormous durability.
He thanked the village boy and asked if he could pick a rose once a month. He wanted to show his wife and his parents the incredible beauty of Kandahar. The boy agreed. Part of the landscape was used by the population for planting raw materials and crops.

Every month he now sent his family a postcard with a rose. He told about the great acquaintances, the surroundings, the culture, the food.
His family was delighted and kept everything. The postcard and the rose that caught the scent of Kandahar
At some point, however, the news stopped coming. The worry and despair became a bitter certainty. Her son, her husband was killed. That which they had always been afraid of came true. The family was left with both the beautiful and the ugly side of Kandahar. The rose that captured the beautiful and the war that took it. The roses remained. In memory of the positive that their son had described and in memory of their son himself.

Life. So beautiful and yet so fleeting. Enjoy it
SUB ROSA
"RhNUDX1 from Quandhar"

Many people think that roses only bloom once a year. That's not true. The Queen has her secrets, many secrets.

If the tips of the sepals of a dog rose are joined together, one obtains the pentagram, an ancient magic sign, the secret symbol that guarded the understanding of the harmonious structure of man and the universe. This is why the dog rose, which so carefully closes its budding sanctuary from the outside world, became the image of the mysterious and secretive. Finally, this symbolism was transferred to all roses.

The fact that the rose has been a symbol of secrecy since ancient times is said to go back to the following event: To hide the love affair of his mother, the love goddess Venus, Cupid sent roses to Harpocrates, the god of silence, and asked him to keep the secret. The ancient Egyptians dedicated the rose to Harpocrates. The Romans hung a rose on the ceiling at meetings, reminding those present of the duty of secrecy. Pope Hadrian therefore had the confessionals decorated with rose carvings - on old confessionals you can still occasionally see them - the decoration also called the silence rose. The stucco rose above the middle-class table also had this meaning. In the High Middle Ages, rose pictures were also placed in wine taverns and council chambers in order to talk to each other in complete familiarity. Sometimes just a fresh rose hung symbolically on the door of the town council to indicate the "sub rosa". In England, it is a custom to place a sword on a table strewn with roses when the Council meets to elect the Mayor of London. The Rosicrucians, a secret society, even carry the rose in their name as a symbol of secrecy. The modern writer Umberto Eco also plays with this symbolism in his novel "The Name of the Rose"
The rose is a mysterious and beautiful queen.

To describe the scent of roses, words are simply missing in everyday language. In the advanced civilizations of early history, the knowledge of plant scents and their application was lively and widespread. The knowledge that scents have a direct effect on the human brain and can be used for healing is successfully applied in aromatherapy today.
The rose scent has 450 known and 120 as yet unknown ingredients. The distribution on the flower is very different: in the outer part of the flower rose alcohols - among them citronellol, geraniol and nerol - attract bees, bumblebees and hornets. These substances, however, have a repellent effect on other insects. Next, the pollinating insects get into a phenyl-ethanol frenzy. They crawl further into the middle of the rose, stunned, where they are met by familiar scents such as eugenol and citral. The rather spicy, carnation-like eugenol and citral, a warm citrus scent, are related to scents that are also found in beehives. They wag their bodies and wipe off the pollen of other flowers so that pollination occurs. The scent of the rose has the sole purpose of attracting insects for pollination. Although bees cannot perceive the colour red, they also fly to red roses because they are attracted by the scent and not by the colour.

And people?

People function according to the pleasure principle. They seek fun and pleasure. Fragrances are the only thing that reach the brain directly without intermediate stops. Therefore, scents offer us an insane potential for pleasure.

"Une Rose de Kandahar" is lecherous. Very lecherous.

As the sixth fragrance ever, "Une Rose de Kandahar" makes it into my 10 list. It's not easy to get in there. I'm searching. I want to put this one fragrance in all categories, like the best leather scent, the best vetiver, etc.

"Une Rose de Kandahar" is for me THE scent of roses. A fragrance like life itself, affirming, uplifting, fulfilling and blissful. I do not like these comparisons with dead roses. This rose is alive. It breathes and laughs, has fun in life and is like a small, blissful child. It cheers and jumps in circles. Even if it comes from a painful place, this rose enchants me with its love of life!
Quandhar was the site of ancient Indo-Persian gatherings, a commercial hub and cultural meeting place between India, Central Asia and the Middle East. Quandhar has been destroyed so many times and yet we know that some things are virtually indestructible.

Like the rose from Kandahar.

I believe that each of us hopes to leave a stamp, something "to be remembered for". Andy Tauer has created a masterpiece with this fragrance. No one can take that away from him. The rest of his scents somehow don't reach me, but this rose...

I have already written in my statement that I lack the words to describe this fragrance. Even today, I'm not really feeling any better. My favourite author here, FabianO has already said everything and too completely...fruity, rosy, shady, earthy, but all together a perfection. The perfection!

This fragrance is a must-have! br />
In my opinion, this composition preserves what is called the essence of a rose, namely the RhNUDX1. What is it?

He loves me not
I don't know if it is my chemistry but this perfume on my skin falls flat. The sweetness is a little sickly and I didn't get the brightness I expected from the fruits. The tobacco is there somewhere underneath the sugar but quite faint. The rose is ok but it is not a blooming rose. In a similar genre but to me a more successful execution is Isparta from Pierre Guillaume. It is with patchouli and a little oud instead of tobacco but it also has fruits that brighten the fragrance and the rose is bold. As it seems to be loved by many, it must come out better on others but on me it's a pass. I even got a headache and I am a fan of bold fragrances. I am glad that my sampling can be useful to other people; it was my second time testing it.

full bottle worthy
Insanely great perfume i do own full bottle only for special ocassions but if u have the money u can use it everyday, its close to like exlusives or private collection from designer brands, extremely high quality hand made in Switzerland, smells unique rose de kandahar is truly unique rose fragrance + bg roses sweet long lasting and moderately projection stuff. + tons of compliments.
این همان طریقی است که افغانستان بوجود بوجود می آورد آورد
Afghanistan ... a shaken but nevertheless fascinating country with so many facets. I haven't been there yet, don't plan on it in the near future, who could blame me? But what one hears and sees of this mysterious country awakens curiosity and the desire to discover. So I have to let my imagination guide me in this commentary. In my imagination I am a tourist in a peaceful Afghanistan that I can explore freely and without danger. The freedom to fantasize accordingly, I take for this commentary now simply - knowing full well that that fantasy is currently utopian in nature.

I am thinking of hospitality and cordiality, those traits that are always said to be in the cradle of the people there, especially those who have little. I am thinking of the scorching heat that sometimes makes me desperate as an average Central European and who knows how to cling to every water bottle and every fruit in order to supply himself with sufficient liquid. The locals seemed to be able to comprehend my suffering and handed me a basket of apricots, a little cinnamon and, to have something firm between my teeth, a few bitter almonds, whose aroma came to full effect when I chewed them and accompanied the stewed compote, consisting of crushed apricots and cinnamon sticks, which I had prepared myself, in the most beautiful way. I immediately felt better - yes - even better and culinary spoiled and left the village and its inhabitants to set off for the next one.

The temperatures gradually fell. If the days here are sometimes unbearably hot, the nights can sometimes get cold and clinking. This night was supposed to be one of those. The sky was clear, the stars sparkled, I saw our Milky Way for the first time. No artificial light, as we know it in our densely populated countries, clouded that atmosphere.
I reached the next village. The moonlight illuminated the big cottage compound consisting of clay in the most sinister way, winds blew over the fields, which should be hit the next day again by the light of the standing up, hot sun. The closer I came to the mud hut, which was intended for me as accommodation, the stronger I perceived a flowery aroma, which must have its origin in the associated rose garden. Tired from my day trip I entered this garden full of curiosity. The flowery, so dark aroma intensified, flooded my nasal cavities. These roses were not buried at all, not playful, but mystical, dark, unspoiled, ripe, moonlit, thorny, dominant, companions of the Afghan night.
I entered my lodging bewitched by that olfactory pleasure. The village eldest was already waiting for me and embraced me warmly, showed me my couch and left me alone immediately, as he probably already recognized when I walked through the entrance of the hut that my eyes were already falling over while standing. So I lay down, the roses should accompany me, together with the tobacco freshly harvested by the farmers, stored in a big sack, standing directly next to my couch, to sleep. And so I fell asleep after only a few minutes - almost tipsy by this warming, lovely aura - and was woken up the next morning with tea and a little bread. Still the evening before I communicated that one does not have to make oneself big circumstances because of me. But when it came to tea, they went to a lot of trouble. My gift to the village elders was now in the tea that was served to me - a vanilla tea whose aroma flowed through the entire hut, underlined the tobacco and was discreetly accompanied by the rose. All this aroused associations of cherry tobacco, which, although I am a non-smoker, who doesn't know how to do much with water pipes, prompted me to stay longer. It had to be this combination of vanilla and roses that made me smell it. Anyway... I didn't want to leave here anymore. This warmth, so inviting, so cordial, so cuddly it was, tied me to that place, but I knew it was time to wake up sometime.
Dear Readers,

is that how Afghanistan smells? Do you? I don't know, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know. That was just a fantasy that tried to hide all the horrors in that country. Perhaps I am completely wrong with her, if one fantasy can be wrong, and your associations, images and ideas, my dear readers, are completely different. But as I said ... it is a fantasy and so we leave it at that and perhaps enjoy it together, no matter how utopian it may be in view of the situation in this mysterious country.

PMRP12
Creative and unique rose gourmand
This one surprised me with its creative take on a rose gourmand. And not the usual rose and chocolate combo, but rather, an apricot, almond, and vanilla rose. It’s sweet and alluring with bright stone fruit and gentle cinnamon at the opening, and dries down to include an addictive nutty tobacco tonka combo that has me sniffing my wrist all day. This is my favorite rose to date, and a scent I can’t stop thinking about. Highly considering a bottle...
IrisNobile
Un Rose de Kandahar ...... Symphony of the flowery-spicy fullness .....
your spice ennobles juicy fruits -
your roses enchant the senses -
with you I drop myself -
on a soft bearing -
from musk and vanilla -

I don't really want to write poetry - - but I'm enchanted again - and more than impressed - -
in this case of a scent of roses!! .....
Rose fragrances ........ actually not my desired fragrance - because they were mostly too flowery, harmless, sweet and boring for me .......

The situation is different with this beautiful rose from the Middle East, which, after I have freed her from her Pentagon, passes on the following to my senses ......

Once you have climbed the few steps out of the slightly musty, earthy cellar with big steps and reached the bright garden, whose splendid roses lean luxuriantly and heavily into the light and, together with its full-bodied fruits, impregnate the air - you are reconciled.
Reconciled with the beginning of this fragrance that could frighten some at the moment .......
I suppose it's the patchouli in the base that pushes itself blatantly into the foreground for my nose right from the start and makes a typical and often described, slightly musty impression.
In agreement with an immediately present citric note, it makes itself a bit important, but also withdraws immediately in this intensity, in order to create a wonderful rounding off later on in this concert ........

First come the apricots - - then the roses ;)

When I enter this garden after the subjectively perceived musty intermezzo - I first smell the ripeness of juicy apricots, mixed with the aroma of cinnamon and almonds, which catch the fruitiness of the fragrance somewhat and round it off gourmandig ......... above all at the same time floats a delicate warm spice -, possibly a little bit of a spice. originating from the tobacco, which weaves itself deliciously, the vetiver and the ethereal oil of special Afghan roses from the province Nangarhar, which according to the description to be read also contributes a certain spicy component with its aroma after spices and plums.

The fantastic interaction of the ingredients listed in the pyramid results in a delicately fruity-powdery, minimal spicy event, in which the weakened patch now takes over the part of the powdery effect, and in which the wonderful roses secretly cavort ......
secretly - - .... because they do not determine the perfume superficially, but carry it in a refined way, giving the fragrance a velvety depth and a very noble aura. - - I also think I hear delicate woody tones in between.

As it were at the end of their virtuoso performance, the actors of this great artefact sink under the influence of subtly sweet ambergris on powdered soft musk vanilla cloud and form a fantastic drydown.
And in contrast to my skeptical attitude towards sweet rose waters, this fragrance never gives the impression of any perfume of this species at any stage.

A creation that is absolutely unisex and becirct in its sillage effect, without being exaggerated, a real announcement.
The shelf life extends from day to night. And with the warmth of summer days/nights, the scent of the fragrance bewitches the user and his environment a bit more, in my opinion.

Andy Tauer is probably not in a position to produce this perfume always in a constant quantity - because the oil of these special roses is not available indefinitely .........
ergo - - should one not be afraid of impoverishment - and should it please -, then bunker purchases are worthwhile ;) :)

for the never-ending fragrance concert of the abundance of lush summer gardens ..... :))
Meggi
At least one promising side effect
I'll make it short: I can't cope with Une Rose de Kandahar. I have not lacked tests, always hoping for a learning effect. In vain, I smell invariably a superimposition, juxtaposition, confusion of aromas, which simply do not want to fit to a whole with me.

Bitter almond back flavor (somehow mutating to Tonka) on a layer of Tauer Cream. Diffuse fruit with vague sweetness on a bitter-scratchy base, for which I willingly bow to the indications rose geranium and tobacco. The rose is and remains merely a fruity and sour spot; but it seems as if it is not satisfied with this role and now tries for hours to push itself into the foreground with small teasing - specifically: sharp acidity à la peony. Which reminds me of the occasional (and no less annoying) behaviour of my daughter. Later, an ambry-crumbly almond sweetness takes over, which darkens in the course of the afternoon. I gratefully take note of the familiar Tauer rubber. Patchouli fits, too. To the back there's rubberized ambry vanilla, alternatively vanilla ambergris.

I give up. Nevertheless - a courageous combination, which deserves respect for it alone, is that in any case. Even greater, however, is my respect for all those who obviously feel so comfortable with it. You're better climbers than me!

However, there was a real ray of hope in connection with the fragrance, albeit only as a side effect: A colleague found that 'Une Rose de Kandahar' smelled pleasantly like a bathroom and she would like to try it. I can't understand your impression in no time, but I was happy about your wish. My favourite colleague, the only one here who understands me about perfume (and often beyond), will retire in the foreseeable future. Does this perhaps indicate a succession in time?

I thank MisterE for the rehearsal.
Chameleon
Fragrances can have totally different effects depending on the person. I had another experience like that last week
I love the Rose de Kandahar. I perceive rose only weakly in me and the bitter almond does not come through at all. All in all, a dust-dry, spicy-masculine matter on my skin - wonderful! However, I do not dare to be seen in public with it and I always wear it quietly and secretly all for myself alone.

Last week I took the scent to an acquaintance and she applied it. Develops beautifully with her too, but completely different from mine. The bitter almond, which is sorely missed by me, is celebrating its grand entrance. On her the scent is still tart, but much more feminine than mine - dry sweet.

A chameleon just...

AldestAldest 4 months ago
My overall impression is Rose with Saffron - which is the typical scent of Persian pastry ...
For me it is impossible to wear as a fragrance
Exciter76Exciter76 2 years ago
A composite of Tauer's greatest hits: spices from Eau d'Epices, jammy rose from Rose Flash, leathery fruit from Loretta, etc.
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Versatile and voluminous: noble rose, sweet and fruity (apricot), slightly vanilla, at the same time spicy (tobacco leaf) and subtly earthy.

by Kovex
by Berna25
by Shtepa
by Shtepa

Popular Tauer Perfumes

Au Coeur du Désert by Tauer Perfumes № 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Tauer Perfumes Attar AT by Tauer Perfumes L'Eau by Tauer Perfumes L'Air des Alpes Suisses by Tauer Perfumes № 08 - Une Rose Chyprée by Tauer Perfumes № 03 - Lonestar Memories by Tauer Perfumes № 06 - Incense Rosé by Tauer Perfumes № 14 - Noontide Petals by Tauer Perfumes L'Oudh by Tauer Perfumes № 01 - Le Maroc pour Elle by Tauer Perfumes № 05 - Incense Extrême by Tauer Perfumes Les Années 25 by Tauer Perfumes Collectible ZETA - A Linden Blossom Theme by Tauer Perfumes Lonesome Rider by Tauer Perfumes Cologne du Maghreb by Tauer Perfumes № 09 - Orange Star by Tauer Perfumes Sotto la Luna - Tuberose by Tauer Perfumes Pentachord White by Tauer Perfumes Phtaloblue by Tauer Perfumes