L'Eau by Tauer Perfumes
L'Eau is a popular perfume by Tauer Perfumes for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is citrusy-creamy. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Andy Tauer

Top Notes Top NotesItalian bergamotItalian bergamot LemonLemon OrangeOrange
Heart Notes Heart NotesLemon blossomLemon blossom IrisIris
Base Notes Base NotesMuskMusk AmbergrisAmbergris Woody notesWoody notes SandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by GuidoSch, last update on 08.07.2022.

2 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Crisp white shirt
This on me is such a beautiful freshly showered just put on a crisp white shirt kind of smell. Clean, lemon balmy, slight creaminess from orris there, clean musk. It is just beautiful and such a shame that Andy discontinued it. I use it sparingly not just because it has great silage but because I do not want to ever run out.

Big audiences
I find it an interesting and easy-to-like creation.
To those who prefer more elaborate and original scents that they find diving in the niche market, it will probably seem like a fragrance almost of a "designer" type, although of high quality and high price, with perhaps a bit superior performance.
I personally would not highlight the citrus in this scent, I find orange blossom, ambergris, musk and perhaps sandalwood more relevant, all but with perhaps sweet fruity and not so floral nuances.
I guess we all expect more from Mr. Tauer, and it's not always easy to do outstanding things all the time.
In this case, for highly trained noses that seek to be surprised, it may be uninteresting, although I will insist that a quality perfume easy to like for all audiences.
Serenissima
flattering lemon cream as "invisible cloak"
After Gelis wrote about "Muff" and I am always a bit careful with lemon aromas (they bite my trunk too often, especially when they are described as "tangy" and "fresh"), I started testing this Tauer fragrance with mixed feelings.
Would that really be a disappointment?
Well, with "Collectible PHI - Un Rose de Kandahar" I was on the warpath; there I met "Muff", to stick with that expression.
But to these two "desert" creatures, I have fallen with heart and soul!

So I sprayed and landed in sunny southern Sicily, where the large lemon and orange plantations are! Southern flair flattered me immediately! The bergamots are still holding back a little; but the lemon is really powering up!
It must be this large, fruity variety that I loved to eat at that time - when I came to Sicily from Malta: aromatic as these fruits were, the lemon scent is present here.
The ripe, sweet orange accompanies the two siblings; there also seems to be a hint of the dark, as if varnished, shimmering foliage that shines in the sun.
Maybe even a scent of warm, warmed earth ?
Wonderful fragrance moments open up to me here!
The white five-fingered star of the lemon blossom crowns the previous fragrance creation and to my surprise I find the iris here not powdery and dusty for once, but wonderfully creamy and a little bit soapy!
How delightful!
This supple blend is refined by the base notes:
Precious woods and oils increase the feel-good effect with which "L'Eau" surrounds me.
Ambergris gold and musk warmth set glamorous highlights, but without playing too much into the foreground.
For once, all the fragrance beauties seem to play "as a team" here: surprising, but beautiful!

Thus Tauers "L'Eau" is for me a kind of "invisible cloak" that arises between me and reality; in the shell of which I can retreat for several hours into my own small, fragrant world. How beautiful!
I would like to thank Gelis for this bottling and the opportunity to once again discover the different scent paths we take with a sample; sometimes I wonder if it underwent a transformation on the way and I got a "changeling".
But that only makes all the testing of the fragrances even more interesting!

FvSpee writes in his response to my statement: "Tauer could make a body lotion with this fragrance - yes, that would be nice. Perhaps the suggestion will be taken up.
(However, Biotherm already has a very nice lotion with a fine citrus scent, of which a nice perfume gave me a large bottle, which can be worn wonderfully as a basis for this "L'Eau".
But only in passing ;-)

The journey to the sunny and fragrant south of Sicily can be started with a few sprays of "L'Eau"; the "invisible cloak" is also welcome: but maybe it is not really necessary there - who knows!
Gelis
Where's that muff coming from?
A subdued citrusy start unfortunately turns into musty something. I have no idea where that could possibly come from. It takes quite a while until it becomes a citrusy wax, which also somehow reminds me of plastic. Only when I have to press my nose very hard on the skin to be able to sniff anything at all, that is so after 6 - 7 hours the case, I suspect the above citrus cream plus woody and sweetish notes.

At the same time I was confident that this Tauer and I will get along well with each other, partly because of the fragrance pyramid and partly it smelled good on the spray head. Unfortunately, too early rejoiced.

I thank Daisy for the test opportunity.
L'eau Minerals
The name says it all: Water. I can't say what it is, but the scent, underlined by the title, simply smells of water. In any case, he triggers such associations in me, although he refers the pyramid to the fact that an enormous lemon basket must have fallen into the river here. However, musk, sandalwood and iris manage - in my opinion - to almost completely suppress the lemon and transform it into a soft, harmoniously creamy flow. The creaminess is not to be denied, it looks as if one would have been creamed with the Durft and not sprinkled with scent. It does not, however, remain on the skin as cream usually does, but gradually unfolds a considerable depth. Similar to that of a lake or the sea. It would be exciting to know whether one would - without knowing the title - also come across the connection to the water. If you know him, you realize it right away. Despite my good rating, I can't always smell the fragrance, but that's how I feel about many of Tauer's masterpieces - and I want to emphasize this. They are simply very special and this one needs the right day, the right season and the right setting. I would recommend the fading spring that passes into summer as well as not too warm summer days. In the heat he really annoyed me and almost caused a headache because of his creaminess. Also one does not get rid of it so fast again, it holds nevertheless approximately 7-8 hours and shows also in the first two hours an acceptable Sillage. I am therefore still strongly considering whether he will wander into my collection. On the one hand I am fascinated by him on the other hand something repels me from him. For all others who are thinking about a purchase, I can say: it is definitely unisex and of very high quality. We don't have to talk about the great bottle, they've always been spaced :)

To summarize: If you don't just want to drink water, but also want to smell it and in addition a very special, creamy, as if you had dropped bebe-cream into the water, you hit it!

L'eau minerals for all!

Best regards

Images

8 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Tauer Perfumes

Au Coeur du Désert by Tauer Perfumes № 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Tauer Perfumes Collectible PHI - Une Rose de Kandahar by Tauer Perfumes Attar AT by Tauer Perfumes № 03 - Lonestar Memories by Tauer Perfumes L'Air des Alpes Suisses by Tauer Perfumes № 08 - Une Rose Chyprée by Tauer Perfumes Sundowner by Tauer Perfumes № 06 - Incense Rosé by Tauer Perfumes Les Années 25 by Tauer Perfumes № 14 - Noontide Petals by Tauer Perfumes L'Oudh by Tauer Perfumes № 01 - Le Maroc pour Elle by Tauer Perfumes № 05 - Incense Extrême by Tauer Perfumes Cologne du Maghreb (2021) by Tauer Perfumes Collectible ZETA - A Linden Blossom Theme by Tauer Perfumes L'Air du Désert Marocain (Solid Perfume) by Tauer Perfumes Lonesome Rider by Tauer Perfumes Sotto la Luna - Tuberose by Tauer Perfumes № 09 - Orange Star by Tauer Perfumes