No. 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain (2005)

No. 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain by Tauer Perfumes

No. 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain is a popular perfume by Tauer Perfumes for women and men and was released in 2005. The scent is spicy-oriental. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Andy Tauer

Top Notes Top NotesCoriander, Cumin, Petitgrain
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Cistus
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Vetiver, Cedarwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 12.11.2018

L'Air du desert Marocain
Here is my video review of Andy Tauer's now classic fragrance. What do I get from it, and how does this smell and perform to my nose? Please watch and see if you agree...Thank you

Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 4.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Modern Masterpiece
LADDM--I will never forget the first time I smelled it. It was pleasant enough, but I wasn't wowed by it. But I liked the spices and kept coming back to it. It certainly did remind me of the desert. It smelled dry, dusty, sharply woody, maybe sharp in a raw frankincense tears sort of way, very Arabian desert-like. Over time I grew to absolutely adore it and consider it to be a classic now, despite it being niche, IMHO this is one that should be around forever.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 6.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
Greatly helpful Review
The name says it all! A perfume reminiscent of a desert.
I was curious about this perfume candidate for a long time and had it already longer in my watch list!
By a nice user I could finally test this grandiose perfume, because he was so kind to give me a bottling. Thanks again for that:)
No.02 - L´ Air du Dèsert Marocain has been my first Tauer fragrance I have tested and I am thrilled!
He has to move into my collection sometime!

Here the name is quite clear program, because this smell lets me think, like apparently also other user inside here likewise of a hot and dry desert.
A wide steppe comes to my mind, whose sand dunes seem to be endless. The heat of the bright sun that shines constantly from the blue sky and only allows some cooling at night.
And single nests of cacti that remind you that even in such places on earth there is still life.

No.02 - L`Air du Désert Marocain is a unique fragrance that is very well made and finely knitted.
Here all indicated fragrance notes are clearly and finely interwoven fully expressed.
It is a very spicy and warm fragrance that is dry, has no sweetness, and has pleasantly spicy oriental and animal facets in the base note.
Here is something of everything that the fragrance pyramid gives.
As unisex perfume I would classify this elixir also, because it fits both sexes.
Regardless of the season, this fragrance candidate is well wearable.
I would even think that it is even more attractive to wear in summer, especially because of the association to the desert, but also to the warm temperatures of a warm summer day!

This wonderful perfume treasure is not a bit alcoholic after application, but at first go moderately spicy, discreetly also citric-herb by Petigrain.
Immediately the top note is fully present, because spicy cardamom unites directly with cumin and passes quickly into the heart note.
I don't really notice jasmine, but cistus follows the spicy notes quite intensively.
Animal-scented and sweet ambergris make the perfume together with cedar wood and vetiver a true fragrance experience.
Another advantage for me is that the vetiver is not sharp, as is unfortunately sometimes the case with perfumes with vetiver, but has a pleasant sharpness.
No.02 - L Air du Désert Marocain does not undergo any special fragrance development.

Within a few minutes, almost all scents interact..To the time window of the basic note (30 minutes), this dreamlike desert scent gets even more warmth and spice and shows a long endurance.

I rate the durability as very good. 8-10 hours this Tauer sticks to the skin.
I feel the sillage is moderately strong.
I find the design of the bottle apart, so I rate it as very good!

Absolutely worth a test!
Sillage 9.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Firepower!
Friday the 8.8.2018 - ask me, what kind of fragrance am I wearing tonight?! It's supposed to be something special. Judas Priest, for me the biggest band on the globe, comes to Dortmund and I am there.
Metal for Men EdT might fit. KK Downing, the ex-guitarist and co-founder of Judas Priest, had the idea to bring him and Metal pour Femme to the "Metal people". Together with the Astbury Fragrance Co he developed these fragrances over months.
But what good is that now? I don't own any metal before Men and don't even know the scent.
Now I stand in front of my perfume shelf and have something to complain about every scent. It is also not easy to find the right heat. 26 degrees they announced.
Wait a minute, I still have my box of samples and fillings. After a few minutes I hold my miniflacon Tauer No.2 L'Air du Désert Marocain in my hand. Bingo - No2 is today my No1!

So bsst, bsst, bsst, bsst, get out of the bathroom and into jeans and T-shirt. Another big kiss for the woman (who unfortunately can't do anything with Heavymetal, so stays at home) ...háaalt, the ticket still ... and from geht´s. After 2 minutes on the side of the road my buddy comes already to a stop. The poor guy has to be on the night shift for a few hours after the concert. (which would clarify who the driver and who the beer drinker is ;-)))
No.2 does a good job in an air-conditioned car. It creates a relaxed atmosphere,

Arrival! I enter the Westfalenhalle in Dortmund for the first time, better the anteroom and then, guess what ... gibt´s first of all a cool beer and a currywurst (that is currywurst there is really awesome!).
It smells like beer, currywurst and No.2 now - so I feel great! And No.2 is getting more and more sympathetic. No.2 has nothing gourmand, nothing "tasty" or personal about it. I couldn't associate him with any person.
Rather No.2 is a state, a law, or something like the "cosmic background radiation".
(when my wife reads this, she'll have a laugh, no matter...)

Rickthedog had the brilliant idea to compare No.2 with the song "Kashmir" by Led Zeppelin. For the band this song was considered the peak of their works, not Stairway to Heaven. The latter is more personal, so to speak "to touch". Kashmir has it harder there because he sounds unfamiliar and therefore a bit frightening for many. It already requires overcoming to get involved with the good piece.
Or as Robert Plant said: "It was a great piece of music to write it, and an incredible challenge for me.... It was a difficult task because I couldn't sing it. It was like the song was bigger than me. It's true: I was petrified. It was painful; I was near tears." (Wikipedia)

Something's going on in the hall. Cheer, scream, whistle - so let's get in there! And now gab´s a big surprise for us. We were looking forward to Megadeth as our opening act. And who's on stage? Uriah Heep! Does it matter? Neeee - and they start with Gypsy, my favourite song of this band. The singer gives me the impression that he doesn't do a show but hypnotizes himself deeper and deeper into the music. So much passion .... highest risk of infection! And there you go.

After the first spectacle is over, it's time to take some beer away, get something new and off to the front. We didn't quite achieve our goal of standing at the stage, but at least we are almost at the front. The mood is bombastic.
But before the longest serving Heavymetal band starts, gibt´s has a starter from the band. The grandmasters and "metal inventors" (along with Led Zeppelin) Black Sabbath, whose last German appearance in Cologne my buddy and I were allowed to be part of, are honoured with their goose bumps - high-flyer "War Pigs". And even before Priest stormed the stage one thing became clear to us: "today we did everything right"!

Action - Curtain up for Judas Priest! With the song "Firepower" (also the name bearer of their new album) they start - the Westfalenhalle is shaking - !!Hexenkessel!! Blazing flames on a giant screen and "metal god" Rob Halford sounds as if he had doped his vocal chords. Then one hammer song at a time. They even play "The Ripper", "Hellbent For Leather" and "Painkiller"... oh man, we're in a metal paradise! And No.2?

No2 is always noticeable. Even in this euphoria, he doesn't drown. On the contrary, it underscores them. Today I managed to get totally involved with him. I realize that No.2 is only for very "special features". In everyday life he seems to me quite interesting but also a bit colourless. With "special features", however, it makes red red red, blue blue, heat hotter and cold colder.
Do you like going to an opera? ...take him with you! Or to the Helene Fischer concert? ...take him with you! Or how about a nocturnal desert trip to admire the stars? ...take him with you! But don't take him to work, shopping or the car wash. You can't see the starry sky under the clouds!

In the finale, Priest brings guitarist Glan Tipton, who suffers from Parkinson's disease, onto the stage. The level of applause is enormous and gives me goose bumps. "Honour to whom honour is due!" After all, as co-founder of the Priest legend, he made Heavymetal really salonable with his guitar riffs.
"Living after Midnight" runs as a traditional farewell song, then the curtain falls. "The Priest will be back!" is now on the screen. Please! Please!!!
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Sublime, just for special occasions
I don't need many words to describe one of the best perfume ever created. It was a blind buy for me and it was the best scent I ever smelled...
The resinous cistus, the spices and the woods make a perfect combination, like the hot and dry air of the desert in the end of the day. I get so many compliments with this one, because no one will smell like you, is a unique sublime scent. But only for special occasions, this is not an everyday perfume.
Congratulations Mr Tauer, genial creation.
I have some niche botles in my collection, but nothing compares to this one.
Scent 10.0/10
Otherworldly genius and spice
When I was much younger (say about five to seven years old) I went to a predominantly Armenian/Eastern European-American elementary school. Los Angeles would eventually bestow the district where my elementary school was located with the name ‘Little Armenia’. One of the strongest, most redolent memories I have of those years was the smell of the beautiful mothers who came to pick up my school chums. Their clothes, their hair, their jewelry, their makeup and, mostly, their fragrances were bold and over-the-top beautiful. I thought then, as I still believe now, these women were the ultimate epitome of womanhood and beauty. My parents eventually decided the big city was no place to raise a child; children needed routine, a backyard, and a dwelling that allowed dogs and cats. I loved growing up in the suburbs but the sense of glamor was lost in the move. None of the suburban moms showed up dressed to the nines, smelling of sweet spices and exotic flowers; that got traded in for drugstore classics as Charlie and White Shoulders. These safe fragrance choices were a microcosm of the overall lack of daring, bombastic personality in suburban living.

By no means am I criticizing life in the suburbs; I still live in the outskirts of Los Angeles. However, sometimes the city girl in me wants to break out like the protagonist in (the original Kevin Bacon version of) Footloose. Sometimes I want to shake things up without making a single move. Andy Tauer’s L’Air du Desert Marocain completely enables me to do this. It’s a stand out fragrance that is guaranteed to turn heads. The sillage might as well be a flying carpet, taking others out of their droll routine and on an olfactory adventure with the wearer. This is the beauty that was only definable by the Armenian/Eastern European mothers of my past. There is an indefinable spiciness that cannot be singled out or easily detected but it is certainly there. This is probably a first where I cannot break down the note I detect or the phases of the scent—I am a love-struck woman.

It is infinitely sexier than any expensive lingerie and I can imagine a refined man of the world pulling this off with the same sex appeal as any woman. I know any words I try to use or any hyperbole I try to include won’t even begin to define the exotic sexiness of this fragrance. This is a fragrance that can only be understood by wearing it.
Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 9.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 9.5/10
The air of the Moroccan desert!
If you have never been in Moroccan desert like me! no worries. You can see this wonderful desert by smelling this let's say "titan". This is of course one of my top 5. The accord made by top notes presents a deep Eastern concept of the perfume that reminds you the very hot air of the deserts with moving sands. From the very moment you spray this perfume, there is no way for you to skip smelling it again and again. It's like a spell which catches you and captures you in the most pleasant way ever. It has got the best amber that I have ever smelled making love with vetiver note. Now it is time to get back home from the hot desert. In the dry down stage it demonstrates the vision of Moroccan houses in the after noon when you can sit in the yard touching a cooler weather, smell citruses, while listening to the water dancing in your pond. This is absolutely a masterpiece created by Andy tauer's artful hands.
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
In another world...
This is not a perfume to be taken lightly. It is a well-made, beast of a perfume with depth and character and complexity. It is quite unlike a designer fragrance with mass appeal. This is the definition of "niche". It is also a perfume with a soul. It's got a story to tell (which you know as soon as you smell it).

L'Air du Desert Marocain is an amber based perfume. The other components are there to accentuate this feature. It is a dry, resinous amber, with spicy nuances. It's quite unique in that it is a statement and requires attention from the wearer.

I also get here some jasmine oil. A pure jasmine essence which I am familiar with very well as I used to live in North Africa, where it is a feature of life and jasmine flowers are readily available. This aroma, combined with amber and dry cedarwood and spices, it what makes this fragrance what it is. It really feels as if you are walking through a spice market after sunset, with the smell of the vendors spices (both pleasing and medicinal) still in the warm, dry air. It's a perfume which sends you on a journey, and that is a good thing.

I could see this being worn as a winter perfume, and certainly as a night perfume. I guess it could be worn on summer nights, but it would depend on the time and place for it. This creation from Andy Tauer reminds me of course very much of a Serge Lutens style of perfume. In fact, this one is a re-working of the previous fragrance by Andy Tauer called Le Maroc Pour Elle, which I have tried and love. The difference here is that the main star is the amber, supported by all the other players.

All in all, a great fragrance which truly stands on it's own two feet and which you must get used to as a wearer. Of course it is a rewarding experience and well worth the wait to the gorgeous drydown. I would say if you have a love for deep, dark ambers and spicy orientals, this should be on your list to experience. Well made and intriguing all the way.
Bottle 7.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Very different scent
campfire and dust.
the progression of notes for me was as follows.
smoky gravel at the start, gets more smoky as time passes, very faint floral underneath, floral comes up gradually, smoke still there all along, fading nicely into woodsiness.
Wonderful!
Chapeau Mr Andy Tauer ! I am amazed more and more with every fragrance that I have tested from the Tauer line.
L' Air du Desert Marocain is sublime . It is not the kind of poetic and romantic fragrance . It's more than that . Surrounds you when you are not expecting , shows its notes one by one, spices at the beginning, then amber in all its splendor . I haven't found a more beautiful and soft amber in any other perfume.
L' Air du Desert Marocain is a story told at sunset. A story about am Arab woman clothed in veils wich have the colors of the past. You never know if she hides a smile, or her lips remain motionless , numb . Her mystery makes you want to come closer, hug and carrees her, while she is leaving on your arms the flavor of coriander and cumin to penetrate your soul. You take her hand and simply watch how your skin blends with her skin, wich has the color of amber.
" Only where the woman is wearing a veil you'll have the burning desire to read her face. "
quote from Antoine de Saint- Exupery
L'Air du Désert Marocain by Tauer
Close your eyes and breathe in. Can you catch the desert air? Can you feel the piercing sunlight hitting the round of your head and attacking the vulnerability of your shoulders? After that, look up into the cloudless sky, and the dazzling sunlight will blind you momentarily as your eyes readjust to its glaring rays. The sun is a capricious one; pleasantly mysterious in little ways. Catch the dry waterless air again as it breezes past, and recall a craving for refreshment to cure a thick tongue and a parched mouth. Despite the desert’s virtually uninhabitable nature, you can’t help but notice its natural tranquillity and textural beauty. But the smell, that’s most prominent – the taut and arid air smelling almost sweet; definitely dry and spicy. It’s unreal, and captured clearly in Andy Tauer’s L’Air du Desert Marocain.

Wearing Andy Tauer’s L’Air du Desert Marocain envelops the wearer in a gentle sandstorm of spices, a warm symphony of notes that achieves a particularly magical feat in perfumery: hitting the fine balance between contrasts to give a concrete thickness that hovers melodiously over the skin. The desert air plays no games, it’s vicious and matter-of-fact, but in its absence nature reaches repose. In nature this is found during the nighttime, where the smells are highlighted in the absence of the sun as the air now breathes a cool spiciness. In fragrance, and in this fragrance in particular, the gentleness is recreated through precision of blending and the cradling of pure and quality ingredients. Allow the night scenery take you away.

--------

Other than a symphony of spices humming perfectly in tune, I find a lavish floral bouquet hidden in the very heart of this fragrance. What L’Air du Desert Marocain (L’ADDM) does to florals reminds me of a particular Guerlain way of thinking, in the same style of what Nahema did to the typical rose perfume – firstly overload the rose with five essences, and then give it a surrounding structure of fruit and spice. In my view, L’ADDM takes the jasmine flower and soaks it. Rose hip is employed here, which I find is what gives me a rose impression in the style of Nahema – in which rose hip itself is conflicted between a berry and a rose. Move slightly away from the florals, and the enchanted hymn to the desert becomes more obvious, an ode through perfume, created through improvement and bolstering.

The skin warms the fragrance, and the initial smack bang of coriander seed and caraway evolve into a romantically inclined scent, warm and cuddly. During the opening, the wearer approaches a bazaar full of exotic traders selling spice and resins but never enters inside. The mystery is smelled as the distant air carries it along to you. At this stage, I realised when wearing and typing my review, this is source of this fragrance’s novelty. It smells like something in the distance, with a certain louche quality to it that never sacrifices ‘oomph’. It feels like its complexity is always coming closer, but instead of facing it you surrender to its charm. Nevertheless, the complexity is always there, but I find that L’ADDM is so tightly blended that it is almost impossible to decipher.

The opening and its spiced air departs eventually, and from this evolution the dry and resinous notes of amber and cedar wood become most prominent. Perhaps the spices have cleared the palette, preparing one for the steady trail of incense and resin smoke from now on. A delicate campfire has now ignited, titillated with rich and impressionable vanilla alongside vetiver giving a prominent smokey undertone and petitgrain adding the impression of citruses from the far background. I could almost swear I smell some sun dried Provençal lavender here too, working wonders alongside synthetic ambergris (or ambroxan) imparting addiction.

As the bonfire now smoulders, a subtle sweetness appears, and I can best describe this as something reminding me of sugar-coated almonds. Sweet and earthy. L’ADDM presents the tightness of a parfum in a more approachable toilette format, with a progression typical of a parfum reached at a much faster rate. This fragrance promotes wondrous dreams and awe-inspiring daydreams when wearing. Romantic, soothing, fierce, imaginative, reserved, powerful. For a fragrance to evoke all of these emotions at once it is no less than a masterpiece.

Breathe in … It was just a dream. As the morning air enters your bedroom window, recall the exotica of Andy Tauer’s masterpiece.

Subjective rating : 5/5

Objective rating: 5/5
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Pure Desert Feel !!
Desert Marocain is a winter winner !
If you love spicy perfume then you can delve here.The opening is so beautiful that it will wrap you in its aroma.
The middle note is not that appealing to me but then the dry down is Godly!!! For me its a love at first sniff
Lasting : 9/10 ( 13hrs)
Projection : 4/5 (Star)

Cheers
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
The greater of solitudes
As a desert craving lover, how could I pass Andy Tauer's beautiful creation! I use it when I feel nostalgic of the greater of solitudes, of the unbelievable mystic night I danced under the sound of touareg's music, or when I walked on the dunes of Tunisia, the moon smiling complacent...
Scent 4.0/10
CHARACTER WITHOUT CHARACTER
Dirty perfume.I feel this is very dry and very 90s smell.People please do not blind buy this type of parfume by reading the reviews.it is not feminine and even not masculine.Because even on man, this is heavy.Nothing to do with the desert.This is like the oldschool vibes of Aramis , Azzaro etc..I think this is overrated.Woody amber and dry spice.Longetivity is good.
The smell issues differ from country to country.For European and Americans this can smell something different and unique but for Turkey, this is nothing special.it smells like sweat and if this would mix with your own sweat belive me you yourself even can not stand to the odor.
~ the Arabian Knight ~
~ To me and my nose L'ADDM is where Heaven and Hell meet over the dry Moroccan desert. The gates of hades open and greet my nose first with dry cedar and vetiver that give it a smokey and almost tar like feel that defines what "challenging scent" is to me. This is not meant to discourage anyone from sampling this in fact I encourage you to broaden your olfactory horizons because what is so redeeming is the smooth amber and divine woody drydown that awaits those with an everlasting reward! Slightly harsh in the opening but hauntingly beautiful in the base! No matter your opinion you will always remember Tauer's Arabian Knight and it will make an impression you will not soon forget. ~
Kind Regards, Plat ~
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 3.0/10
L'Air du Désert Marocain
This fragrance opens with an intense orange note that is sweetened by vanilla and boosted by lavender. Underneath these sweet and bright notes I smell a dry, husky base of spices and birch tar which have a counterbalancing effect on the dominant orange note cluster. As the fragrance progresses a bright and powerful floral note emerges from what is left of the orange note and the vanilla reveals its true amber-y nature. The base of the fragrance is now unmistakably wood-y, with a few flecks of spices. The dry down is the typical sweetish Tauerade.
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 8.0/10
A Strange Ghost
Andy Tauer's L'Air du Désert Maroccaine is like the signature fragrance of this perfumer. It contains the essence of something that can be found in a lot of Tauer perfumes, and if you want to start your exploration of Tauer perfumes with something typical, then this fragrance should be your first choice.

The notes in this fragrance are not so easy to separate from each other. The result is homogeneous and unique, and it is difficult to compare with other perfumes.

Dry desert air – cold at night and burning hot during daytime: the only way to cope with this perfume seems to be to compare it with the images that this name might evoke. I haven't been to the Sahara yet, so my experience is somewhat limited.

I'd rather plead for looking at this perfume as an abstract fragrance experience. Let us classify this as an abstract perfume - just the way we speak of abstract music which does not want to express a special mood or even a natural phenomenon. If I don't get any images, then maybe sounds at least. Looking at this Toauer perfume, Johann Sebastian Bach comes to my mind. His works were of great exactness and constructed around the counterpoint. Listening to the Art of Fugue, the Well-Tempered Clavier or the Sonatas and Partitas for Solo Violin may reflect the bitterness, earthiness and depth, but also the perfect balance of the ingredients of this Andy Tauer perfume.

And just like the more esoteric works of Bach, L'Air du Desert Maroccaine will not reveal its secrets immediately. This is not a fragrance of big, theatrical effects, nothing that evokes a must-have-reflex. In a way, you sense that this is high level perfumery, but you may find it difficult to explain.

Personally, L'Air du Désert Maroccaine was a difficult experience for me; I found it particularly hard to wear. I wore it once at a night out at the theatre, and I did not feel at home with it. It annoyed me as it was demanding more than appropriate of my attention. I do not think I accidentally over-applied. It simply did not belong to me, it stayed something strange and alien. All the time I felt the notion to look behind my back to find out who is wearing this strange perfume – it haunted me like a ghost.

L'Air du Désert Maroccaine contains a certain strange resinous bitterness which I also find in other Andy Tauer perfumes. This is obviously the personal stamp of this perfumer, and it is not for me. Nevertheless, I have to admit that L'Air du Désert Maroccaine is a great fragrance.
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
Absolute
Absolute. Unique. Unrivaled.

This is one of the best fragrance i've ever smelt.

Opens spicy and then dries down to something unbelievable delicious! I cant even describe it. Warm, sweet and comforting amber.

Sillage, lasting power and projection are enormous. The package is also very beautiful. Definetely a masterpiece.

Updated January 2014
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 9.0/10
Hot Desert Air
I will add my review to the long line of glorious accolades in the internet perfume review world. They were the basis upon which I bought it - unsniffed - and was not disappointed. To the contrary, it is one of the best unisex colognes around.

Usually men's colognes are too bold, clean or whatever ... this one is a cologne that can be worn from morning to night. In the morning, it gives you that extra lift after stepping out of the shower, in the evening - now spray on a lot - it projects the aura of what the name promises. Literally: dry desert air ... That may be true if I wanted to dream in that direction but - if it were called "intense lemon verbena with a lot of depth" it would be unromantic, yet true.

Anyway, I love it, just love it. It is both a close-to-skin scent and a short sillage scent. To really feel it, one has to spray on a lot and let it dry down. The stages are rather much of the same from opening to end, or is it my nose? Whatever, the dry down is rather long lasting and will compound when you spray on more. This is not a sillage monster, rather a harmonious and inoffensive scent. It is comfortable and wearable on all occasions. If it were not so expensive, this would be my go-to scent but here niche quality comes in an expensive 50 ml size, so it has to be appreciated.
Déjà-vu
A very nice lady introduced me to Tauer perfumes. After falling head over heels for Lys du Désert, I had high expectations.
On first spritz, I was a little taken aback by the strong spices, very raw, as if I were standing in my kitchen. The top is strong, sharp, masculine. I wasn't sure this was something for me. Towards the middle I get some woody notes, vetiver and cedar, and the whole vibe reminded me of something by Serge Lutens, maybe Vetiver? It's hard to pin down exactly which one. The base gets softer and sweeter, powdery, dry (I love dry scents) with amber, woods and I think I can even smell some tobacco.
L'air du désert marocain doesn't project much, and longevity wasn't all that great on me either, maybe 3-4 hours. I sprayed it 3 times at 1-2 hours interval, and this seems to give the best results, adding it layer by layer. I also found that even after I had gone to the drydown, at times a faint citrus note would pop up. Quite interesting, and even though I usually wrinkle my nose at citrus, this wasn't bothering me.
As a whole, I would say this is a very good perfume, definitely unisex, and if it were gifted to me, I will gladly wear it. But the whole experience to me was a déjà-vu of a Serge Lutens composition, and since I already have so many SL perfumes, I will probably not buy L'air du désert marocain. I'll save up for Lys du désert, which is like nothing I have ever smelled and has that dry Tauerade that I fell in love with.

Lexa 21 months ago
Breathtaking amber,amazing aromatic dry lavender and coriander,i like to imagine the three kings in the Bible bringing gifts,there it is!+5
Bottle 8.0
Sillage 9.0
Longevity 9.0
Scent 10.0
Syzygy73 9 months ago
A game-changer. This is the perfume equivalent of Pet Sounds. Breathtakingly original. Significant in the way Shakespeare is. Truly sublme.+4
Bottle 8.0

• by Cozzin by Cozzin
  • by Miggax by Miggax
  • by DonDonDon by DonDonDon
  • by Sirchelios by Sirchelios
  • Hier sieht man schön, daß der Deckel über dem Sprühkopf aus Holz ist... by Couchlock
  • by Pluto by Pluto
  • by Cimorghe by Cimorghe
  • by Mustafa by Mustafa
  • by Sirchelios by Sirchelios
  • by Taskphorce by Taskphorce
  • It is still a top, now as a classic of modern perfumes by Carlossp
  • by KautoStar by KautoStar
  • by Mefunx by Mefunx
  • by Cezar by Cezar
  • by Zauber600 by Zauber600

Popular Tauer Perfumes

No. 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain by Tauer Perfumes Au Coeur du Désert by Tauer Perfumes Collectible PHI - Une Rose de Kandahar by Tauer Perfumes No. 03 - Lonestar Memories by Tauer Perfumes No. 06 - Incense Rosé by Tauer Perfumes No. 14 - Noontide Petals by Tauer Perfumes L'Eau by Tauer Perfumes No. 09 - Orange Star by Tauer Perfumes No. 01 - Le Maroc pour Elle by Tauer Perfumes Collectible ZETA - A Linden Blossom Theme by Tauer Perfumes No. 08 - Une Rose Chyprée by Tauer Perfumes No. 05 - Incense Extrême by Tauer Perfumes Lonesome Rider by Tauer Perfumes No. 04 - Rêverie au Jardin by Tauer Perfumes Pentachord White by Tauer Perfumes No. 07 - Vetiver Dance by Tauer Perfumes Cologne du Maghreb by Tauer Perfumes No. 11 - Carillon pour un Ange by Tauer Perfumes No. 10 - Une Rose Vermeille by Tauer Perfumes Sotto la Luna - Gardenia by Tauer Perfumes