No. 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain (2005)

No. 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain by Tauer Perfumes

No. 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain is a popular perfume by Tauer Perfumes for women and men and was released in 2005. The scent is spicy-oriental. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Andy Tauer

Top Notes Top NotesCoriander, Cumin, Petitgrain
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Cistus
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Vetiver, Cedarwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 07.10.2019

desert sand...
It's boozy and spicy with a hint of sweetness. For the first hour the sillage is big, and as it slowly becomes smoother, the composition changes to a dusty and sweet character,
I can get the sandy references and the whole Moroccan desert concept, but to me it's so much more. It's a feeling, soothing and intense at the same time, refined but rugged in spirit. It is pretty unique
Masterpiece territory....
8.0 7.0 9.0 9.0/10

DerDefcon
A bazaar ... somewhere in the desert.
A rather spontaneous bazaar enriching itself with traders, somewhere in the desert, fruit traders stay away from it, as do the cattle traders, the area is simply too hot for some fruit and some cattle, but the spice traders have recognized their chance for this.

A caraway dealer has seized the opportunity and positioned himself directly at a fork in the road where the frequency of potential customers is highest. The aroma of his goods flows around his stand for metres before the petitgrain trader joins in to offer his essential oil. The now balsamic and dusty dry caraway wort is carried into the distance by the desert wind. Not only customers are attracted by this, but also the now spurting jasmine trader, who already knows from a distance that he has lost a part of his customers to the earlier arrived petitgrain trader. Our jasmine dealer arrives angry and immediately starts to sell his flowery-sweet goods. This time it is a very special one, who knows how to conquer the hearts of people a little dry, but because of the discreet, sweet floweriness. The cumin on the neighbouring stand creates a balsamic, somewhat sweet spice that attracts more and more people to the market. Disappointed by the jasmine's popularity, the enraged petit-granhändler, who no longer sells anything, packs his oils, ejects a few curses on the jasmine dealer and leaves the action. In the process he also loses part of his goods, in keeping with his bad luck today. The small bottles broken on the stony ground contained still some remainders of the oil, which now distribute themselves beside the jasmine stand on the desert ground and drive the jasmine dealer into madness. He is constantly being asked whether, in addition to his famous white bloomers, he is now also selling the essential oil that his worst competitor has just lost.

It's been a few hours since the petit grander left the market. During these hours the sun reached its highest point. The temperature mark of 40 degrees has long been exceeded. The heat let the dryness and desert-loving cistus rose bloomers unfold their resinous-sweet aroma, which is now carried to the bazaar by the dry wind. Despite the scorching heat, the people endure, continue to buy, try and let themselves be enchanted by the aromatic spice and the flowery wind.
The eyes of the newly arrived tobacco seller shine as he sees the man-flooded bazaar and parks his recently acquired cart near the other businessmen. Enthusiastic about the sheer selection of tobacco, the Kümel and various oils immediately surround the artfully carved wagon. Tobacco is bought and in the meantime they talk animatedly. The other dealers ask, among other things, where this beautiful car made of cedar wood came from. Somehow they have to get involved, adapt to the new circumstances, distract the tobacconist a little from selling. So they crowd their own goods for his carts and apply those with even more ambition, even more offensively, even louder, while the brand-new, tobacco-filled carts made of freshly processed cedar wood with its very own, sweet, woody charm win the meschen for themselves Somewhat away from this hustle and bustle, another retailer presents his exclusive goods, but he realizes himself that he arrived far too late today that he would receive no attention at all. Everything revolves around the tobacco seller and his beautiful car, the caraway seller and the jasmine dealer. The outsider with his quite exotic sweet grass is not able to penetrate into this society. He packs up and leaves the place without even being noticed by a single person present. Maybe it's better that way. Who knows what else the heat would have done to his goods over the course of the day. He'll try it out in other places. Maybe where the cattle and fruit merchants are? We'll see.
6.0 10.0 9.0 8.5/10

Airy. Spicy. Revelation
Andy Tauers perfumes are undisputed masterpieces of craftsmanship. But the true revelation brought me L'air du Désert Marocain.

LdDM I bought from the first moment on that this is the air of the Moroccan desert. I seldom smelled anything so authentic. It is interesting how airy it actually is. It actually smells fresh air; warm desert air to be exact. Presumably it is the combination of petitgrain and cistus that brings a delicately acidic freshness. And in this air all kinds of spices and smoke resonate. It smells like smoke stands and spice markets. Andy Tauer shows us a completely new way of dealing with caraway: this caraway bomb does not smell like sweat or camel reports. Simply balsamic-aromatic.

The LdDM fragrance process is difficult because it changes a lot. The fresh-sourish disappears first and so the fragrance becomes heavier and incense-heavy. Now there are more comments like "you smell like Christmas market". It doesn't smell like desert air anymore. In the late drydown the fragrance is very ambered and slightly scratchy, reminding me of my big brother Au Couer du Désert. I perceive the finish as a smell of embers, very hot but smoky. Not uninteresting.

For an EDT, a real Sillage monster. Easy to store with MFK Grand Soir. Be sure to test before buying
8.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

The gentle desert wind
A typical Middle Eastern scent but light & airy, almost inoffensive, in opposition to the usual very heavy and pungent Arabic influenced creations.
While it is still a very likeable fragrance, it has probably been hyped as an innovative western creation of a deep oriental fragrance when it was launched back in 2005. YSL M7 was launched only three years before.
The very pleasant coriander opening is only second for the very alluring balsamic and amber ambiance created by magnificent notes of Cistus/Labdanum and Ambergris.
The performance is quite high despite being a smooth perfume.
If this perfume would be cheaper it could be a smashing hit in any designer house.
It's a very nice perfume to have, but not really indispensable any longer. Currently I prefer to wear its related Tauer scent "Au Coeur du Désert".
7.0 9.0 10.0 10.0/10

Fragrance and music
I thought for a long time about which fragrance I would write the first comment after the first months of rather passive membership in the community. I think I've found a worthy entry with L'Air du Desert Marocain.

For months I watched, sometimes with slight concern, as the addiction to scents grew. Therefore with concern, because for me as a musician music was the only real addiction. But the occupation with scents has been so intense for half a year that I felt something like infidelity towards "my" music.

But AdDM opened my eyes, because it's the parallels to the music that make the world of scents so fascinating for me. In music I especially love the dark timbres, in which bright spots like islands occasionally light up. Music by Gustav Mahler, Karl Amadeus Hartmann or Aulis Sallinen, but also Depeche Mode or Radiohead are such sound colour wonders for me.

For me, AdDM is the olfactory counterpart to the music I love so much. A fragrance in which one is safe, in which one is caught, which reveals dark depth, but also cheers. If there were concerts in which fragrance would also be "played" at the same time: That would be my heaven
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

PMRP12
Truly an “immersive sculpture”
This fragrance, quite frankly, blew me away upon first sniff. I’m not going to completely discredit the influence of the brand and storytelling, but this scent is remarkably transportive and evocative of its namesake. Wearing it feels calming, contemplative, almost spiritual—the expansiveness of its arid heart make it impossible not to imagine an oppressive sun and vast sand-scape before you. An artistic masterpiece that’s a must-try for impassioned enthusiasts. Need bottle now.
8.0 7.0 8.0 9.5/10

L'Air du desert Marocain
Here is my video review of Andy Tauer's now classic fragrance. What do I get from it, and how does this smell and perform to my nose? Please watch and see if you agree...Thank you

8.0 4.0 9.0 10.0/10

Helpful Review
Modern Masterpiece
LADDM--I will never forget the first time I smelled it. It was pleasant enough, but I wasn't wowed by it. But I liked the spices and kept coming back to it. It certainly did remind me of the desert. It smelled dry, dusty, sharply woody, maybe sharp in a raw frankincense tears sort of way, very Arabian desert-like. Over time I grew to absolutely adore it and consider it to be a classic now, despite it being niche, IMHO this is one that should be around forever.
10.0 6.0 9.0 9.0/10

Greatly helpful Review
The name says it all! A perfume reminiscent of a desert.
I was curious about this perfume candidate for a long time and had it already longer in my watch list!
By a nice user I could finally test this grandiose perfume, because he was so kind to give me a bottling. Thanks again for that:)
No.02 - L´ Air du Dèsert Marocain has been my first Tauer fragrance I have tested and I am thrilled!
He has to move into my collection sometime!

Here the name is quite clear program, because this smell lets me think, like apparently also other user inside here likewise of a hot and dry desert.
A wide steppe comes to my mind, whose sand dunes seem to be endless. The heat of the bright sun that shines constantly from the blue sky and only allows some cooling at night.
And single nests of cacti that remind you that even in such places on earth there is still life.

No.02 - L`Air du Désert Marocain is a unique fragrance that is very well made and finely knitted.
Here all indicated fragrance notes are clearly and finely interwoven fully expressed.
It is a very spicy and warm fragrance that is dry, has no sweetness, and has pleasantly spicy oriental and animal facets in the base note.
Here is something of everything that the fragrance pyramid gives.
As unisex perfume I would classify this elixir also, because it fits both sexes.
Regardless of the season, this fragrance candidate is well wearable.
I would even think that it is even more attractive to wear in summer, especially because of the association to the desert, but also to the warm temperatures of a warm summer day!

This wonderful perfume treasure is not a bit alcoholic after application, but at first go moderately spicy, discreetly also citric-herb by Petigrain.
Immediately the top note is fully present, because spicy cardamom unites directly with cumin and passes quickly into the heart note.
I don't really notice jasmine, but cistus follows the spicy notes quite intensively.
Animal-scented and sweet ambergris make the perfume together with cedar wood and vetiver a true fragrance experience.
Another advantage for me is that the vetiver is not sharp, as is unfortunately sometimes the case with perfumes with vetiver, but has a pleasant sharpness.
No.02 - L Air du Désert Marocain does not undergo any special fragrance development.

Within a few minutes, almost all scents interact..To the time window of the basic note (30 minutes), this dreamlike desert scent gets even more warmth and spice and shows a long endurance.

I rate the durability as very good. 8-10 hours this Tauer sticks to the skin.
I feel the sillage is moderately strong.
I find the design of the bottle apart, so I rate it as very good!

Absolutely worth a test!
9.0 10.0 10.0/10

Firepower!
Friday the 8.8.2018 - ask me, what kind of fragrance am I wearing tonight?! It's supposed to be something special. Judas Priest, for me the biggest band on the globe, comes to Dortmund and I am there.
Metal for Men EdT might fit. KK Downing, the ex-guitarist and co-founder of Judas Priest, had the idea to bring him and Metal pour Femme to the "Metal people". Together with the Astbury Fragrance Co he developed these fragrances over months.
But what good is that now? I don't own any metal before Men and don't even know the scent.
Now I stand in front of my perfume shelf and have something to complain about every scent. It is also not easy to find the right heat. 26 degrees they announced.
Wait a minute, I still have my box of samples and fillings. After a few minutes I hold my miniflacon Tauer No.2 L'Air du Désert Marocain in my hand. Bingo - No2 is today my No1!

So bsst, bsst, bsst, bsst, get out of the bathroom and into jeans and T-shirt. Another big kiss for the woman (who unfortunately can't do anything with Heavymetal, so stays at home) ...háaalt, the ticket still ... and from geht´s. After 2 minutes on the side of the road my buddy comes already to a stop. The poor guy has to be on the night shift for a few hours after the concert. (which would clarify who the driver and who the beer drinker is ;-)))
No.2 does a good job in an air-conditioned car. It creates a relaxed atmosphere,

Arrival! I enter the Westfalenhalle in Dortmund for the first time, better the anteroom and then, guess what ... gibt´s first of all a cool beer and a currywurst (that is currywurst there is really awesome!).
It smells like beer, currywurst and No.2 now - so I feel great! And No.2 is getting more and more sympathetic. No.2 has nothing gourmand, nothing "tasty" or personal about it. I couldn't associate him with any person.
Rather No.2 is a state, a law, or something like the "cosmic background radiation".
(when my wife reads this, she'll have a laugh, no matter...)

Rickthedog had the brilliant idea to compare No.2 with the song "Kashmir" by Led Zeppelin. For the band this song was considered the peak of their works, not Stairway to Heaven. The latter is more personal, so to speak "to touch". Kashmir has it harder there because he sounds unfamiliar and therefore a bit frightening for many. It already requires overcoming to get involved with the good piece.
Or as Robert Plant said: "It was a great piece of music to write it, and an incredible challenge for me.... It was a difficult task because I couldn't sing it. It was like the song was bigger than me. It's true: I was petrified. It was painful; I was near tears." (Wikipedia)

Something's going on in the hall. Cheer, scream, whistle - so let's get in there! And now gab´s a big surprise for us. We were looking forward to Megadeth as our opening act. And who's on stage? Uriah Heep! Does it matter? Neeee - and they start with Gypsy, my favourite song of this band. The singer gives me the impression that he doesn't do a show but hypnotizes himself deeper and deeper into the music. So much passion .... highest risk of infection! And there you go.

After the first spectacle is over, it's time to take some beer away, get something new and off to the front. We didn't quite achieve our goal of standing at the stage, but at least we are almost at the front. The mood is bombastic.
But before the longest serving Heavymetal band starts, gibt´s has a starter from the band. The grandmasters and "metal inventors" (along with Led Zeppelin) Black Sabbath, whose last German appearance in Cologne my buddy and I were allowed to be part of, are honoured with their goose bumps - high-flyer "War Pigs". And even before Priest stormed the stage one thing became clear to us: "today we did everything right"!

Action - Curtain up for Judas Priest! With the song "Firepower" (also the name bearer of their new album) they start - the Westfalenhalle is shaking - !!Hexenkessel!! Blazing flames on a giant screen and "metal god" Rob Halford sounds as if he had doped his vocal chords. Then one hammer song at a time. They even play "The Ripper", "Hellbent For Leather" and "Painkiller"... oh man, we're in a metal paradise! And No.2?

No2 is always noticeable. Even in this euphoria, he doesn't drown. On the contrary, it underscores them. Today I managed to get totally involved with him. I realize that No.2 is only for very "special features". In everyday life he seems to me quite interesting but also a bit colourless. With "special features", however, it makes red red red, blue blue, heat hotter and cold colder.
Do you like going to an opera? ...take him with you! Or to the Helene Fischer concert? ...take him with you! Or how about a nocturnal desert trip to admire the stars? ...take him with you! But don't take him to work, shopping or the car wash. You can't see the starry sky under the clouds!

In the finale, Priest brings guitarist Glan Tipton, who suffers from Parkinson's disease, onto the stage. The level of applause is enormous and gives me goose bumps. "Honour to whom honour is due!" After all, as co-founder of the Priest legend, he made Heavymetal really salonable with his guitar riffs.
"Living after Midnight" runs as a traditional farewell song, then the curtain falls. "The Priest will be back!" is now on the screen. Please! Please!!!
8.0 8.0 9.0 10.0/10

Giesta40
Sublime, just for special occasions
I don't need many words to describe one of the best perfume ever created. It was a blind buy for me and it was the best scent I ever smelled...
The resinous cistus, the spices and the woods make a perfect combination, like the hot and dry air of the desert in the end of the day. I get so many compliments with this one, because no one will smell like you, is a unique sublime scent. But only for special occasions, this is not an everyday perfume.
Congratulations Mr Tauer, genial creation.
I have some niche botles in my collection, but nothing compares to this one.
10.0/10

Otherworldly genius and spice
When I was much younger (say about five to seven years old) I went to a predominantly Armenian/Eastern European-American elementary school. Los Angeles would eventually bestow the district where my elementary school was located with the name ‘Little Armenia’. One of the strongest, most redolent memories I have of those years was the smell of the beautiful mothers who came to pick up my school chums. Their clothes, their hair, their jewelry, their makeup and, mostly, their fragrances were bold and over-the-top beautiful. I thought then, as I still believe now, these women were the ultimate epitome of womanhood and beauty. My parents eventually decided the big city was no place to raise a child; children needed routine, a backyard, and a dwelling that allowed dogs and cats. I loved growing up in the suburbs but the sense of glamor was lost in the move. None of the suburban moms showed up dressed to the nines, smelling of sweet spices and exotic flowers; that got traded in for drugstore classics as Charlie and White Shoulders. These safe fragrance choices were a microcosm of the overall lack of daring, bombastic personality in suburban living.

By no means am I criticizing life in the suburbs; I still live in the outskirts of Los Angeles. However, sometimes the city girl in me wants to break out like the protagonist in (the original Kevin Bacon version of) Footloose. Sometimes I want to shake things up without making a single move. Andy Tauer’s L’Air du Desert Marocain completely enables me to do this. It’s a stand out fragrance that is guaranteed to turn heads. The sillage might as well be a flying carpet, taking others out of their droll routine and on an olfactory adventure with the wearer. This is the beauty that was only definable by the Armenian/Eastern European mothers of my past. There is an indefinable spiciness that cannot be singled out or easily detected but it is certainly there. This is probably a first where I cannot break down the note I detect or the phases of the scent—I am a love-struck woman.

It is infinitely sexier than any expensive lingerie and I can imagine a refined man of the world pulling this off with the same sex appeal as any woman. I know any words I try to use or any hyperbole I try to include won’t even begin to define the exotic sexiness of this fragrance. This is a fragrance that can only be understood by wearing it.
9.0 9.0 9.0 9.5/10

KianJafari
The air of the Moroccan desert!
If you have never been in Moroccan desert like me! no worries. You can see this wonderful desert by smelling this let's say "titan". This is of course one of my top 5. The accord made by top notes presents a deep Eastern concept of the perfume that reminds you the very hot air of the deserts with moving sands. From the very moment you spray this perfume, there is no way for you to skip smelling it again and again. It's like a spell which catches you and captures you in the most pleasant way ever. It has got the best amber that I have ever smelled making love with vetiver note. Now it is time to get back home from the hot desert. In the dry down stage it demonstrates the vision of Moroccan houses in the after noon when you can sit in the yard touching a cooler weather, smell citruses, while listening to the water dancing in your pond. This is absolutely a masterpiece created by Andy tauer's artful hands.
5.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

In another world...
This is not a perfume to be taken lightly. It is a well-made, beast of a perfume with depth and character and complexity. It is quite unlike a designer fragrance with mass appeal. This is the definition of "niche". It is also a perfume with a soul. It's got a story to tell (which you know as soon as you smell it).

L'Air du Desert Marocain is an amber based perfume. The other components are there to accentuate this feature. It is a dry, resinous amber, with spicy nuances. It's quite unique in that it is a statement and requires attention from the wearer.

I also get here some jasmine oil. A pure jasmine essence which I am familiar with very well as I used to live in North Africa, where it is a feature of life and jasmine flowers are readily available. This aroma, combined with amber and dry cedarwood and spices, it what makes this fragrance what it is. It really feels as if you are walking through a spice market after sunset, with the smell of the vendors spices (both pleasing and medicinal) still in the warm, dry air. It's a perfume which sends you on a journey, and that is a good thing.

I could see this being worn as a winter perfume, and certainly as a night perfume. I guess it could be worn on summer nights, but it would depend on the time and place for it. This creation from Andy Tauer reminds me of course very much of a Serge Lutens style of perfume. In fact, this one is a re-working of the previous fragrance by Andy Tauer called Le Maroc Pour Elle, which I have tried and love. The difference here is that the main star is the amber, supported by all the other players.

All in all, a great fragrance which truly stands on it's own two feet and which you must get used to as a wearer. Of course it is a rewarding experience and well worth the wait to the gorgeous drydown. I would say if you have a love for deep, dark ambers and spicy orientals, this should be on your list to experience. Well made and intriguing all the way.
7.0 7.0 7.0 10.0/10

Very different scent
campfire and dust.
the progression of notes for me was as follows.
smoky gravel at the start, gets more smoky as time passes, very faint floral underneath, floral comes up gradually, smoke still there all along, fading nicely into woodsiness.

Wonderful!
Chapeau Mr Andy Tauer ! I am amazed more and more with every fragrance that I have tested from the Tauer line.
L' Air du Desert Marocain is sublime . It is not the kind of poetic and romantic fragrance . It's more than that . Surrounds you when you are not expecting , shows its notes one by one, spices at the beginning, then amber in all its splendor . I haven't found a more beautiful and soft amber in any other perfume.
L' Air du Desert Marocain is a story told at sunset. A story about am Arab woman clothed in veils wich have the colors of the past. You never know if she hides a smile, or her lips remain motionless , numb . Her mystery makes you want to come closer, hug and carrees her, while she is leaving on your arms the flavor of coriander and cumin to penetrate your soul. You take her hand and simply watch how your skin blends with her skin, wich has the color of amber.
" Only where the woman is wearing a veil you'll have the burning desire to read her face. "
quote from Antoine de Saint- Exupery

L'Air du Désert Marocain by Tauer
Close your eyes and breathe in. Can you catch the desert air? Can you feel the piercing sunlight hitting the round of your head and attacking the vulnerability of your shoulders? After that, look up into the cloudless sky, and the dazzling sunlight will blind you momentarily as your eyes readjust to its glaring rays. The sun is a capricious one; pleasantly mysterious in little ways. Catch the dry waterless air again as it breezes past, and recall a craving for refreshment to cure a thick tongue and a parched mouth. Despite the desert’s virtually uninhabitable nature, you can’t help but notice its natural tranquillity and textural beauty. But the smell, that’s most prominent – the taut and arid air smelling almost sweet; definitely dry and spicy. It’s unreal, and captured clearly in Andy Tauer’s L’Air du Desert Marocain.

Wearing Andy Tauer’s L’Air du Desert Marocain envelops the wearer in a gentle sandstorm of spices, a warm symphony of notes that achieves a particularly magical feat in perfumery: hitting the fine balance between contrasts to give a concrete thickness that hovers melodiously over the skin. The desert air plays no games, it’s vicious and matter-of-fact, but in its absence nature reaches repose. In nature this is found during the nighttime, where the smells are highlighted in the absence of the sun as the air now breathes a cool spiciness. In fragrance, and in this fragrance in particular, the gentleness is recreated through precision of blending and the cradling of pure and quality ingredients. Allow the night scenery take you away.

--------

Other than a symphony of spices humming perfectly in tune, I find a lavish floral bouquet hidden in the very heart of this fragrance. What L’Air du Desert Marocain (L’ADDM) does to florals reminds me of a particular Guerlain way of thinking, in the same style of what Nahema did to the typical rose perfume – firstly overload the rose with five essences, and then give it a surrounding structure of fruit and spice. In my view, L’ADDM takes the jasmine flower and soaks it. Rose hip is employed here, which I find is what gives me a rose impression in the style of Nahema – in which rose hip itself is conflicted between a berry and a rose. Move slightly away from the florals, and the enchanted hymn to the desert becomes more obvious, an ode through perfume, created through improvement and bolstering.

The skin warms the fragrance, and the initial smack bang of coriander seed and caraway evolve into a romantically inclined scent, warm and cuddly. During the opening, the wearer approaches a bazaar full of exotic traders selling spice and resins but never enters inside. The mystery is smelled as the distant air carries it along to you. At this stage, I realised when wearing and typing my review, this is source of this fragrance’s novelty. It smells like something in the distance, with a certain louche quality to it that never sacrifices ‘oomph’. It feels like its complexity is always coming closer, but instead of facing it you surrender to its charm. Nevertheless, the complexity is always there, but I find that L’ADDM is so tightly blended that it is almost impossible to decipher.

The opening and its spiced air departs eventually, and from this evolution the dry and resinous notes of amber and cedar wood become most prominent. Perhaps the spices have cleared the palette, preparing one for the steady trail of incense and resin smoke from now on. A delicate campfire has now ignited, titillated with rich and impressionable vanilla alongside vetiver giving a prominent smokey undertone and petitgrain adding the impression of citruses from the far background. I could almost swear I smell some sun dried Provençal lavender here too, working wonders alongside synthetic ambergris (or ambroxan) imparting addiction.

As the bonfire now smoulders, a subtle sweetness appears, and I can best describe this as something reminding me of sugar-coated almonds. Sweet and earthy. L’ADDM presents the tightness of a parfum in a more approachable toilette format, with a progression typical of a parfum reached at a much faster rate. This fragrance promotes wondrous dreams and awe-inspiring daydreams when wearing. Romantic, soothing, fierce, imaginative, reserved, powerful. For a fragrance to evoke all of these emotions at once it is no less than a masterpiece.

Breathe in … It was just a dream. As the morning air enters your bedroom window, recall the exotica of Andy Tauer’s masterpiece.

Subjective rating : 5/5

Objective rating: 5/5
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Pure Desert Feel !!
Desert Marocain is a winter winner !
If you love spicy perfume then you can delve here.The opening is so beautiful that it will wrap you in its aroma.
The middle note is not that appealing to me but then the dry down is Godly!!! For me its a love at first sniff
Lasting : 9/10 ( 13hrs)
Projection : 4/5 (Star)

Cheers
7.5 10.0 9.0/10

The greater of solitudes
As a desert craving lover, how could I pass Andy Tauer's beautiful creation! I use it when I feel nostalgic of the greater of solitudes, of the unbelievable mystic night I danced under the sound of touareg's music, or when I walked on the dunes of Tunisia, the moon smiling complacent...
4.0/10

CHARACTER WITHOUT CHARACTER
Dirty perfume.I feel this is very dry and very 90s smell.People please do not blind buy this type of parfume by reading the reviews.it is not feminine and even not masculine.Because even on man, this is heavy.Nothing to do with the desert.This is like the oldschool vibes of Aramis , Azzaro etc..I think this is overrated.Woody amber and dry spice.Longetivity is good.
The smell issues differ from country to country.For European and Americans this can smell something different and unique but for Turkey, this is nothing special.it smells like sweat and if this would mix with your own sweat belive me you yourself even can not stand to the odor.

FranknSense 120 days ago
A pleasuring coriander, labdanum and ambergris oriental perfume cocktail. More suitable for men.+3
Carlitos01 8 months ago
Moses wore this perfume when he opened the Red Sea waters. Divine ambergris & labdanum perfectly blended with spices & vetiver. Recommended!+5
AmberScent 8 months ago
Superb oriental smoky earthy fragrance, with a delicious ambery facet, and strangely similar to the more recent Obsessed by Calvin Klein.+4
JoaoMartins 13 months ago
Absurd masterpiece. One of the best perfumes ever created!+4
SamuelGustav 20 months ago
Masterpiece of modern perfumery? Yes, without any doubt!+6
6.0
Syzygy73 20 months ago
A game-changer. This is the perfume equivalent of Pet Sounds. Breathtakingly original. Significant in the way Shakespeare is. Truly sublme.+5
Lexa 3 years ago
Breathtaking amber,amazing aromatic dry lavender and coriander,i like to imagine the three kings in the Bible bringing gifts,there it is!+8
10.0

20m über dem Altar. Einer der aufregendsten Fotoausflüge für mich. Eure Worte und Besuche sind beflügelnd, Danke!
by BBMie
Die Wüste lebt
by Gandix
by Kylesa
by Kylesa
Für Fresh's Stone -Challenge:Treibsand - oder:in 100 Milliarden Jahren wird von Stein, nur noch Wüste übrig sein.
by Gandix
by Frlsmilla
by DonDonDon
by DonDonDon
by Sirchelios
Hier sieht man schön, daß der Deckel über dem Sprühkopf aus Holz ist...
by Couchlock
by Mustafa
by Mustafa
by Zauber600
by Zauber600
It is still a top, now as a classic of modern perfumes
by KautoStar
by KautoStar
by Cezar
by Cezar

Popular Tauer Perfumes

No. 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain by Tauer Perfumes Au Coeur du Désert by Tauer Perfumes Collectible PHI - Une Rose de Kandahar by Tauer Perfumes No. 03 - Lonestar Memories by Tauer Perfumes No. 06 - Incense Rosé by Tauer Perfumes L'Eau by Tauer Perfumes No. 09 - Orange Star by Tauer Perfumes No. 14 - Noontide Petals by Tauer Perfumes No. 01 - Le Maroc pour Elle by Tauer Perfumes No. 08 - Une Rose Chyprée by Tauer Perfumes No. 05 - Incense Extrême by Tauer Perfumes Collectible ZETA - A Linden Blossom Theme by Tauer Perfumes Lonesome Rider by Tauer Perfumes No. 04 - Rêverie au Jardin by Tauer Perfumes Pentachord White by Tauer Perfumes No. 07 - Vetiver Dance by Tauer Perfumes No. 11 - Carillon pour un Ange by Tauer Perfumes Cologne du Maghreb by Tauer Perfumes L'Air des Alpes Suisses by Tauer Perfumes No. 10 - Une Rose Vermeille by Tauer Perfumes