№ 05 - Incense Extrême 2008

№ 05 - Incense Extrême by Tauer Perfumes
№ 05 - Incense Extrême is a perfume by Tauer Perfumes for women and men and was released in 2008. The scent is spicy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Spirito

Andy Tauer

Top Notes Top NotesCorianderCoriander PetitgrainPetitgrain
Heart Notes Heart NotesIrisIris FrankincenseFrankincense
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergrisAmbergris Dry woodsDry woods

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 21.05.2022.

Best incense from Tauer
If you crave a a deep and soulful incense, one that is pushes the boundaries of our incense offerings thus far, you will absolutely revel in Andy Tauer's much anticipated new creation. Incense Extreme is a complex, moving and wonderfully comforting. In fact, imagine all things you love about incense perfumes, and they are all here in this amazing new release. The powerful impact of rich, deep frankincense is strengthened by the presence of spices and ambergris. The fiery piquancy of coriander and the sweet ambery undertone, which are to us Tauer's signature in perfume, are the characteristics that make this incense Extreme. Having said that, the fragrance is neither too heavy nor too forceful. It has an unexpectedly airy, uplifting quality that we adore and the warm softness that makes it such a perfect comfort scent. A definitive incense perfume, for the lovers of the incense genre and the fans of Andy Tauer's talent.
The probably greenest incense
Andy Tauers fragrances are usually quite special - among his creative and often surprising creations none has ever been there for me before. Although I have always been able to appreciate the high quality, something has always bothered me about the people I've tested. But when I was in Verona that summer, I naturally had to visit a perfumery and after extensive chatting and testing I took Incense Extrême home with me. I even wore the fragrance at temperatures above 30 degrees and enjoyed the special interpretation of incense.

This is in fact the greenest one can imagine. I know of other fragrances that go in this direction (Olibanum from Profumum Roma, Sancti - Eau Delà, Italian Citrus), but none has ever had such a planty quality. Besides the CO2-extrate of Boswellia serrata, especially coriander and some petitgrain contribute to this effect. This means that Incense Extrême is less smoky and more ethereal and resinous than citrus nuances. The dryness and pungency that incense can often have are not to be found here in any case. Only the woods, which become more noticeable with time, make the fragrance a little drier after all. I cannot filter out ambergris. In contrast to many other creations by Andy Tauer, Incense Extrême is relatively simple and linear, yet quite powerful and long-lasting
It was the first scent of him that I wanted to wear, but after only a few times I noticed that he was too individual for me after all. In my opinion, incense can be a little darker and the strong green side - especially the coriander - made me wonder when I would find it suitable. I'm not a collector, so I was allowed to move on with my bottle.
Standstill
An abandoned porch somewhere in the southern states. The white varnish on the railing has flaked off and gives a clear view of the naked wood. A rocking chair, tanned by the weather and collapsed into itself, stands on the battered floorboards. There's a pile of old tires in the back corner. A metal jug, carelessly parked a long time ago. The pitch used to seal the planks has long since dried up.

The sun flirts.

Dreamy frankincense
Absolutely gorgeous frankincense fragrance. It does justice to the B. serrata essential oil, which is the variety I believe he said he used. The fragrance is sharp and woody, makes me feel like I'm in the mountains, in a vast forest of blonde woods and craggy rocks, and the sun is shining so bright it blinds me. In my mind it smells like ancient Sparta. My only "complaint" is that the name should really refer more specifically to frankincense, as "incense" as a general term makes me think of a head shop. This is not smoky at all, and there is no sweetness whatsoever. I think the orris in here helps to smooth things out, so that the frankincense isn't even more sharp than it could be. This stuff is amazing. There is nothing about it I would want to change, so it's a 10/10 for me.
3.5

Katad
Not a favorite for me...
Begins very musty, like the closet of an old priest. It must be the frankincense that brings back flooding memories of Sunday mass. The frankincense fades and mellows as the life of the fragrance progresses. More underlying spices come through. Very green and woodsy comes up, also. Nutmeg and the coriander as mentioned in the notes. It mellows really nicely becoming more pleasant as the time passes. For me just a bit too heavy with the frankincense all along.

PizedPized 4 months ago
Agree with the "woody-marine". Not my fav Tauer but a great incense. Crisp and delicate. A sort of incense-cologne with a unique personality
TradeSharkTradeShark 1 year ago
Wood and sawdust
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
It is a woody-marine incense, not a Church incense! It evoques me a balsamic scent from any dry Mediterranean forest by the sea. Very good!
HermeshHermesh 7 years ago
Starts with hot dry wood, gradually changes into cold incense. This coolness is amazing & pleasant. Remarkable development!

by Amber9
by Amber9
by CharlAmbre
by CharlAmbre
by Piladilibri
by Piladilibri

Popular by Tauer Perfumes

Au Coeur du Désert by Tauer Perfumes № 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Tauer Perfumes Collectible PHI - Une Rose de Kandahar by Tauer Perfumes Attar AT by Tauer Perfumes № 03 - Lonestar Memories by Tauer Perfumes L'Air des Alpes Suisses by Tauer Perfumes L'Eau by Tauer Perfumes № 08 - Une Rose Chyprée by Tauer Perfumes Sundowner by Tauer Perfumes № 06 - Incense Rosé by Tauer Perfumes Les Années 25 by Tauer Perfumes № 14 - Noontide Petals by Tauer Perfumes L'Oudh by Tauer Perfumes № 01 - Le Maroc pour Elle by Tauer Perfumes Cologne du Maghreb (2021) by Tauer Perfumes Collectible ZETA - A Linden Blossom Theme by Tauer Perfumes L'Air du Désert Marocain (Solid Perfume) by Tauer Perfumes Sotto la Luna - Tuberose by Tauer Perfumes Lonesome Rider by Tauer Perfumes № 09 - Orange Star by Tauer Perfumes