No. 07 - Vetiver Dance (2008)

No. 07 - Vetiver Dance by Tauer Perfumes

No. 07 - Vetiver Dance is a perfume by Tauer Perfumes for women and men and was released in 2008. The scent is green-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Andy Tauer

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Clary sage, Black pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesDamask rose, Lily-of-the-valley, Vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Labdanum, Tonka bean, Cedarwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 03.09.2018

Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 2.5/10 Scent 2.0/10
No. 07 - Vetiver Dance
This fragrance opens with a sugary spice note with a distinctive smoky-earthy facet. A touch of citrus brightens the main top note. As the scent dries the overall sweetness fades and the very pleasant opening gradually becomes an almondy, soapy accord. What I see now is like a citrus-heavy Louve by Serge Lutens; an impression that later dissolves into rhubarb with a vague wood/cinnamon-like base. This is the second vetiver fragrance that turns into rhubarb on my skin, but at least it is not as unpleasant as Sel de Vetiver. The dry down is a fresh vetiver-cinnamon accord. Lasts slightly more than four hours on my skin
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
The Gypsy Vetiver
I find this one very very interesting, and unique (like many of Andy Tauer's creations). In the beginning I get a very spicy and dry intense Black Pepper accord, followed by a grapefruit that lifts it up to give it a bright, sunny impression. The Pepper is joined by very dry, almost burnt-like Herbs (the Sage note).

Initially I was afraid of trying this as I thought that Lilly-of-the-Valley would remind me of old lady perfume, but in my opinion it works wonderfully here! Paired with the rose it gives the whole composition a floral warmth that really makes it interesting. The Vetiver itself is dry and earthy, and by the time the ambergris joins in, almost salty. It's a very interesting fragrance in that it is a mixture between very dry notes (Black Pepper, dried Herbs, Vetiver, Cedarwood, Ambergris), and very lush notes (Grapefruit, Rose, Lilly-of-the-Valley). I also get a hint of the Andy Tauer signiature at the dry down (all of his dry downs are usually the best part of his fragrances), which is something close to an incense like vibe. It's really great, like dried grass and leaves near a swamp. I love Vetiver but this fragrance made me love Vetiver even more.

I should also point out that if you are new to Vetiver as a main note in perfumes, you may not like this one. I find that I can only appreciate this after trying other Vetivers... and whilst I still love Guerlain Vetiver I really commend Andy Tauer for taking the note and doing something totally different here.

Overall, I find this perfume very bewitching and a little mysterious, so I call it the "Gypsy Vetiver", and I imagine that the Vetiver here is like a Gypsy dancing at a campfire in the night forest, surrounded by the other players. There are herbs next to a burning cedarwood fire, not far from some swampy riverbank, where dried leaves and rushes hang over the warm, tranquil water. I picture her wearing a dark green velvet shawl. That is the colour I associate with this one. Dark, mysterious, hypnotic. A perfect composition fitting of the name "Vetiver Dance".

• by Shivsri13 by Shivsri13

Popular Tauer Perfumes

No. 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain by Tauer Perfumes Au Coeur du Désert by Tauer Perfumes Collectible PHI - Une Rose de Kandahar by Tauer Perfumes No. 03 - Lonestar Memories by Tauer Perfumes No. 06 - Incense Rosé by Tauer Perfumes No. 14 - Noontide Petals by Tauer Perfumes No. 09 - Orange Star by Tauer Perfumes L'Eau by Tauer Perfumes No. 01 - Le Maroc pour Elle by Tauer Perfumes Collectible ZETA - A Linden Blossom Theme by Tauer Perfumes No. 05 - Incense Extrême by Tauer Perfumes No. 08 - Une Rose Chyprée by Tauer Perfumes Lonesome Rider by Tauer Perfumes No. 04 - Rêverie au Jardin by Tauer Perfumes Pentachord White by Tauer Perfumes No. 07 - Vetiver Dance by Tauer Perfumes Cologne du Maghreb by Tauer Perfumes No. 11 - Carillon pour un Ange by Tauer Perfumes No. 10 - Une Rose Vermeille by Tauer Perfumes Sotto la Luna - Gardenia by Tauer Perfumes