No. 12 - Eau d'Épices (2010)

No. 12 - Eau d'Épices by Tauer Perfumes

No. 12 - Eau d'Épices is a perfume by Tauer Perfumes for women and men and was released in 2010. The scent is spicy-floral. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Andy Tauer

Top Notes Top NotesClove, Cardamom, Coriander, Red mandarin, Cinnamon
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrris root, Jasmine, Orange blossom, Frankincense
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Labdanum, Tonka bean, Vetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 02.01.2018

7.5 7.5 7.5 4.0/10

Eau d'Épices
This fragrance opens with a very pleasing spice and juicy mandarine accord, softened by white flowers. The flower notes make sure the two other notes are not too extreme, especially the spices. Once the head notes have disappeared, orange blossoms are in full bloom; the spices are all gone by this point. After a while the orange blossom starts to change, as if corroded by the other floral note which is a great pity. The dry down is is an orange-tonca bean mix, I do not smell the resins or woods.
7.5 7.5 7.5 3.0/10

My spicy favorite
I have to admit I am a big fan of Andy Tauer. But. I wouldn't write a review about all of his creations. Just because I have tried a few of his samples, doesn't make me an expert! Joking aside...I really love Tauer perfumes. I have had his discovery set, plus extra samples. Testing his creations was a pleasure for me. I still love smelling his little tin sample box, with half the samples gone, given away, and gifted to friends. I ordered the discovery set with no.12 included, Eau d'Epices ....knowing full well that MD. was the most popular. But. this one took my heart. It has no vanilla...big deal! But it reminded me of past gems that I have worn. I felt new, and somewhat younger, when I applied it. It must be the spice...and the complex way he has arranged the notes. It has a soft, but loud entrance..then the middle notes are old world..followed by a modern type of spice blast, which mellows nicely. I am so sorry I didn't purchase this straight away, now it is difficult to buy. Don't expect ordinary compliments...this fragrance is noticed by people who are alert to fragrances!
7.5 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Dry and spicy
If TAUER PERFUMES "L'air du desert marocain" is a song, then "Eau d'Epices" has the volume turned up.

There is the same smoldering spiciness. The cinnamon and woody notes mingle, quite dry. It has a short projection and surrounds me like a powdery cloud. While CARON "Parfum Sacre" is colder, this one is deeper. Also, while "Parfum Sacre" is somewhat chalky - for lack of a better word - "Eau d'Epices" has more of a medicinal streak. I can detect a faint gooey honey note in there which was also present in TAUER PERFUMES "Orange Star". Well, after a period of testing several TAUERS, more and more similarities begin to shine out and smell familiar, like a leitmotiv, a Tauer-ade.

"Eau d'Epices" is quite suitable for Winter. There is nothing terribly remarkable about it and I put the sample away and forgot about it.

Popular Tauer Perfumes

No. 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain by Tauer Perfumes Au Coeur du Désert by Tauer Perfumes Collectible PHI - Une Rose de Kandahar by Tauer Perfumes No. 03 - Lonestar Memories by Tauer Perfumes No. 06 - Incense Rosé by Tauer Perfumes L'Eau by Tauer Perfumes No. 09 - Orange Star by Tauer Perfumes No. 14 - Noontide Petals by Tauer Perfumes No. 01 - Le Maroc pour Elle by Tauer Perfumes No. 08 - Une Rose Chyprée by Tauer Perfumes No. 05 - Incense Extrême by Tauer Perfumes Collectible ZETA - A Linden Blossom Theme by Tauer Perfumes Lonesome Rider by Tauer Perfumes No. 04 - Rêverie au Jardin by Tauer Perfumes Pentachord White by Tauer Perfumes No. 07 - Vetiver Dance by Tauer Perfumes Cologne du Maghreb by Tauer Perfumes No. 11 - Carillon pour un Ange by Tauer Perfumes No. 10 - Une Rose Vermeille by Tauer Perfumes Attar AT by Tauer Perfumes