L'Air des Alpes Suisses (2019)

L'Air des Alpes Suisses by Tauer Perfumes

L'Air des Alpes Suisses is a new perfume by Tauer Perfumes for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is green-powdery. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Andy Tauer

Top Notes Top NotesAlpine herbs, Air accord, Granite
Heart Notes Heart NotesAlpine lily, Powdery notes, Green notes, Spicy notes
Base Notes Base NotesLarch, Beech, Soil

Submitted by RobGordon, last update on 31.07.2020.

5.5
"Veilile" Milk Veil APOM Fragments-Sheet Synthetic
I'm quite a Tauer fan, right from the start. Especially the Arabic/oriental creations are partly absoulte gems.

I am not able to say what one could expect to find in a reorientation towards the Swiss Alps, at least the list of ingredients above reads appealingly unusual.

What Schoork has already broken down in great detail below and provided with a few quality question marks, I would like to round off a bit here. Yes, I can understand that about the violet. As a floral ignoramus, I am not able to judge whether it is a lily that has slipped a bit (which is at the top), but I do notice something very violet-like in the centre
So I feel a little bit like a more airy version of Kurkdjian's "APOM" or even a somewhat powdered version of "Sculpture Homme", although here really more emphasis was put on a herbal foundation (although a somewhat aseptic one).

The 8.3 points above also seem a bit overhyped to me, because somehow I don't manage to really get into this somewhat cyber veiled bed sheet scent. The basic tone isn't bad at all, this truly cleanly powdered one in combination with "Veilililien", but behind it, above it, there's indeed a covering synthetic, milk-like veil lurking, which forces the fragrance into a stylistic unity and absoluteness, which comes across planar and doesn't allow any changes even for hours.

No, the alpine scent does not come close to his brilliant creations of past years and seems to me somewhat project/conceptual, does not dock with me emotionally. It's a pity.
DragonFlyer
When the sun rises in the mountains....
When I apply L'aires des alpes Suisses, I feel like I'm 15 again, when I woke up with my grandma in the morning on a farm in Salzburg's Pongau. And yes, this is not Switzerland but at least the Alps. :)
It was summer holidays and everywhere it smelled of fresh, lush herb meadows. But only for a short while, only until the sun had completely risen over the mountain top. It was a mixture of morning dew and fresh, somewhat cool herbs that slowly began to warm up through the sun's rays. Even if I did not notice this to this extent at that time, or rather I noticed it with a youthful indifference, it is very interesting how much the head remembers this short time back. And this is exactly how this scent smells to me. Fresh, green, long lasting, a morning in the mountains with my grandma on vacation a long, long time ago :)) Super!
No panic on the ceramic
According to the headline, I sincerely hope that most people still have enough for the front, so that hoarding the paper for the back out is worth it In times like these I am always shocked to realize how stupid and selfish people are. I'm still waiting for the invention of Lieferanklo, the delivery service of toilet paper If Corona proves one thing, there are more assholes than toilet paper. So this had to come out and now some of you will think what this has to do with the scent. Yeah Nix!
However, I had hoped that I liked this fragrance, I read so many positive things about it, it got so many good marks, it was described so close to my prey scheme and watt is? Violets! Date is!

I smell violets from top to bottom. Powdery violets with a little bit of herbs, and also weakly on the chest. In my current mood this is a little catastrophe. The bad thing is that it is up to me and my expectations. They often upset my plans. It's the same with my fellow human beings, when I expect a little intelligence, I am increasingly disappointed. It seems that I always expect more than reality can give
I thought before that this fragrance was something different, something that surprises me positively, but I smelled violets already when I applied it. I do not like violets in high dosage. If these are alpine herbs, not much grows in the Alps. Lilium parvum does not anyway, it is a lily species from America
And anyway, what's with the name? A fart is called a fart, not eau de rosette. I've never been to the Swiss Alps, but I'd bet my life it doesn't smell like it. It is only conditionally fresh, unless the mountains powder their tips from time to time, then we might get closer to the thing So if you think that it smells like that there, you also think that DIY stores are currently allowed to stay open because the virus doesn't find the employees anyway, because there is never someone there when you need them.

Well, and now I'm standing there, thinking I'm wearing a good perfume for my mind, which makes me look at the situation more positively so that we won't be celebrating May in a few weeks distance, but I don't know what to say
Boring is the and also only mediocrity. So I wouldn't say that this is a bad smell, but it is far from living up to its current 8.3 average score. But when I sometimes see who graded what and how, I'm not really surprised either. Half a year here, 50000 perfume points and 1500 fragrances in the Tested Folder. Of course, they have all been tested carefully on the skin. Is clear.
It has been a long time since I have commented on a fragrance in a really negative way and I can only emphasize that this is my feeling, since it is apparently quite popular. But that I see it so contrary, I would not have thought now either Wow, I'm putting in foreign words. Contrary! Yes, German I can. I want all your shrimp shrimperative! That's just by the way No friends, I don't see the scent as positive now, because it's too powdery to be fresh, too much like violets with a little herbal addition, which might make it a little green, but somehow it's also too sweet out the back, which doesn't fit somehow. The whole thing also seems a bit artificial to me.

On me it is quiet and moderately durable. Maybe it fits well to a 50 year old permanent single who only plays chess, because otherwise he has no contact at all with ladies
The air of the Swiss Alps should actually be fresher than flowery powdery. At least in my little cosmos

Another thing:

Everywhere and also here where many people meet there are some firecrackers, therefore my appeal: Stay at home, think of others as well when you go shopping next time and don't become Gollum when you hold a toilet roll in your hands. It also hurts me that I can only give my mother her food on the balcony at the moment, but we have to get through it
Test scents in time, write your fingers sore if you have to and flood Parfumo with statements and comments, take care of your loved ones, play Monopoly (did anyone ever finish that?) and STAYTHEFUCKHOME!

Keep well!
Spring excursion in Central Switzerland
From the valley we move towards the top of the mountain - oh no, for the perfumers we prefer to move from the top to the valley. The start is very fresh and herbaceous (more interesting & yet different from Creed's herbaceous GIT), just like hiking, the explosiveness, anticipation and mood are at the highest level. Quickly the powdery-sweet note (typical Tauer) comes to light - we are still in the middle of the hike, we admire the landscape, let ourselves be fascinated and go on a journey of discovery. This powdery air carries us very long, until at the end the legs are heavy, like trees.

Sillage and shelf life for a rather fresh fragrance are very good in my opinion. The first 30 minutes are enough for me so that I can fill the room and almost everyone can perceive me, then it becomes quieter, but still noticeable at arm's length. My colleague says it smells like freshly washed laundry - about 8 hours. In addition she told me that from time to time she only went to the printer to get some of the scent off, not a lie! - please do not misunderstand, we have a great relationship to each other :)

The Alps? Really?
I was so excited for this release, but I am so grateful I did not blind buy it. Nothing about it places me in the Alps after the first few minutes. At first, it smells like that scene in the Sound of Music when Julie Andrews is running around the mountains in the green grass, except in my mind the mountains are full of tiny yellow wildflowers. At first I wondered if there could be a touch of linden in the top notes. It fades quickly, and some terrible "ambergris" comes out full force, not smelling like any ambergris I've ever come across. It smells funky in a bad way. Fishy and stale and has no place in the Alps. Then it essentially reduces down to something like his L'Eau. A Taueraide that is becoming too redundant to the point where now I'm going, ok we are going to have the Taueraide with [insert notes] and know what something will smell like. Tobacco, woods, lavender. You name it, he mixes it with Taueraide. I saw someone online say that this is an entirely new creation, but I feel the polar opposite. I've smelled it before, too many times. I smell it in Incense Extreme, in Le Maroc Pour Femme, in L'Eau, in Orange Star. It's old and tired, like Angel or Alien flankers. It smells like laundry detergent made of synthetic musks. Lasted the entire day, much to my chagrin. Big pass on this. No full bottle, no thank you.
Welcome to Switzerland
Anyone who has ever been to the Alps and spent a lot of time there in his childhood knows this scent...

The visit in an alp hut, the goats which one strokes and the cows which devoutly "mooen" ...

In the stable you can see the animals eating and think of former dinosaurs which are still alive after such a long time:)

The moment where you go on a trip with grandma and the rest of the family and turn all the great and less great smells in your nose into a spicy potpourri... that's what this fragrance is for me...

First the herbs come into the nose and depending on which skin one smells this smell comes a "stable chord" to the carrying which plays quite playfully with the woody notes.

And in between through again and again the lily which provides for a flowery note.

A fragrance for alpine lovers and those who would like to be there... :)

It becomes more and more beautiful with time and the wood chords and the flowery/spicy notes remain with me for about 8 hours..
DerDefcon
Alpine mountain air in a bottle? What's that? What's that?
Anyone who has already had one or the other fragrance from the house of Tauer under his nose knows that its naming is not seldom absolutely correct. Already with "No. 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain" the name was program. Olfactory one was delighted by dry, spicy air, which evoked associations of desert and heat. Can Tauers latest creation, "L'Air des Alpes Suisses", also provide a fitting association for the name?

Sprayed on the back of my hand, herbaceous, green and above all spicy notes waft around me. This is accompanied by a tremendously strong powderiness, which makes my nose bite granite - in the sense of the top note. One can compare this state with various iris-heavy smells, with which the iris overruns also the nasal mucous membranes for the time being with its almost scratchy appearing cleanliness, later however is restrained by the other smells.
The situation is similar with the alpine Tauer air, which is of course not iridescent, but just as pure and clear, but in a green, typical mountain air way. The whole thing is absolutely unsweet, something goes into the astringency and gains more depth in the later course of fragrance, as the earth listed in the base note joins in. To imagine this better, I recommend to go to a rock and smell it. You'll probably notice a mineral cold, coupled with absolute cleanliness, and if you combine that impression with your scent knowledge around the already familiar green and herbaceous notes, you'll get an idea of how Tauers creation smells.

Judging by my description, some people might think that I am completely enthusiastic about this composition. But please continue reading.

It is a special fragrance that is quite different from other green fragrances. It is also a fragrance that lasts a long time on the skin and knows how to communicate with its surroundings, while the wearer does not register this at all. As a wearer, I personally classified it as a rather quiet, almost very close scent until my family environment proved the opposite with its "friendly" messages.
Despite these two positive characteristics, which ultimately ensure that the expensive bottle is not emptied too quickly due to the economical dosage, I am sure that such a bottle will not move in with me. My expectations were too high, which was fuelled both by "No. 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain" and by "Collectible PHI - Une Rose de Kandahar" - two olfactory revelations par excellence. Tauers alpine breeze unfortunately does not trigger anything in me, even if it takes on an interesting and above all new shape, which I have never heard before. And if I asked myself already with the Moroccan desert air, to what extent this is bearable in the everyday life, then I stand also with "L'Air des Alpes Suisses" before that problem definition. In "No. 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain" the answer was in the form of a "just so", while I attribute "L'Air des Alpes Suisses" briefly and concisely with a "not portable".

I beg your pardon, Mr. Tauer.
Delicious :-)
Super great fragrance.... Reminds me somehow of Green Irish Tweed... but much better more interesting... Don't find the scent just sweet... it is a fresh clean fragrance with depth...difficult to describe .... Something completely different....

by Gschpusi
by Maddy
by WitDeBois
by WitDeBois

Popular Tauer Perfumes

Au Coeur du Désert by Tauer Perfumes No. 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Tauer Perfumes Collectible PHI - Une Rose de Kandahar by Tauer Perfumes Attar AT by Tauer Perfumes L'Eau by Tauer Perfumes No. 08 - Une Rose Chyprée by Tauer Perfumes No. 03 - Lonestar Memories by Tauer Perfumes Les Années 25 by Tauer Perfumes No. 06 - Incense Rosé by Tauer Perfumes No. 14 - Noontide Petals by Tauer Perfumes № 01 - Le Maroc pour Elle by Tauer Perfumes L'Oudh by Tauer Perfumes No. 05 - Incense Extrême by Tauer Perfumes Collectible ZETA - A Linden Blossom Theme by Tauer Perfumes Phtaloblue by Tauer Perfumes Lonesome Rider by Tauer Perfumes Cologne du Maghreb by Tauer Perfumes Sotto la Luna - Tuberose by Tauer Perfumes No. 09 - Orange Star by Tauer Perfumes Pentachord White by Tauer Perfumes