L'Air des Alpes Suisses (2019)

L'Air des Alpes Suisses by Tauer Perfumes

L'Air des Alpes Suisses is a new perfume by Tauer Perfumes for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is green-powdery. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Andy Tauer

Top Notes Top NotesAlpine herbs, Air accord, Granite
Heart Notes Heart NotesAlpine lily, Powdery notes, Green notes, Spicy notes
Base Notes Base NotesLarch, Beech, Soil

Submitted by RobGordon, last update on 21.02.2020.

9.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

Spring excursion in Central Switzerland
From the valley we move towards the top of the mountain - oh no, for the perfumers we prefer to move from the top to the valley. The start is very fresh and herbaceous (more interesting & yet different from Creed's herbaceous GIT), just like hiking, the explosiveness, anticipation and mood are at the highest level. Quickly the powdery-sweet note (typical Tauer) comes to light - we are still in the middle of the hike, we admire the landscape, let ourselves be fascinated and go on a journey of discovery. This powdery air carries us very long, until at the end the legs are heavy, like trees.

Sillage and shelf life for a rather fresh fragrance are very good in my opinion. The first 30 minutes are enough for me so that I can fill the room and almost everyone can perceive me, then it becomes quieter, but still noticeable at arm's length. My colleague says it smells like freshly washed laundry - about 8 hours. In addition she told me that from time to time she only went to the printer to get some of the scent off, not a lie! - please do not misunderstand, we have a great relationship to each other :)
2.0/10

The Alps? Really?
I was so excited for this release, but I am so grateful I did not blind buy it. Nothing about it places me in the Alps after the first few minutes. At first, it smells like that scene in the Sound of Music when Julie Andrews is running around the mountains in the green grass, except in my mind the mountains are full of tiny yellow wildflowers. At first I wondered if there could be a touch of linden in the top notes. It fades quickly, and some terrible "ambergris" comes out full force, not smelling like any ambergris I've ever come across. It smells funky in a bad way. Fishy and stale and has no place in the Alps. Then it essentially reduces down to something like his L'Eau. A Taueraide that is becoming too redundant to the point where now I'm going, ok we are going to have the Taueraide with [insert notes] and know what something will smell like. Tobacco, woods, lavender. You name it, he mixes it with Taueraide. I saw someone online say that this is an entirely new creation, but I feel the polar opposite. I've smelled it before, too many times. I smell it in Incense Extreme, in Le Maroc Pour Femme, in L'Eau, in Orange Star. It's old and tired, like Angel or Alien flankers. It smells like laundry detergent made of synthetic musks. Lasted the entire day, much to my chagrin. Big pass on this. No full bottle, no thank you.
9.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

Welcome to Switzerland
Anyone who has ever been to the Alps and spent a lot of time there in his childhood knows this scent...

The visit in an alp hut, the goats which one strokes and the cows which devoutly "mooen" ...

In the stable you can see the animals eating and think of former dinosaurs which are still alive after such a long time:)

The moment where you go on a trip with grandma and the rest of the family and turn all the great and less great smells in your nose into a spicy potpourri... that's what this fragrance is for me...

First the herbs come into the nose and depending on which skin one smells this smell comes a "stable chord" to the carrying which plays quite playfully with the woody notes.

And in between through again and again the lily which provides for a flowery note.

A fragrance for alpine lovers and those who would like to be there... :)

It becomes more and more beautiful with time and the wood chords and the flowery/spicy notes remain with me for about 8 hours..
8.0 9.0 9.0 6.0/10

DerDefcon
Alpine mountain air in a bottle? What's that? What's that?
Anyone who has already had one or the other fragrance from the house of Tauer under his nose knows that its naming is not seldom absolutely correct. Already with "No. 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain" the name was program. Olfactory one was delighted by dry, spicy air, which evoked associations of desert and heat. Can Tauers latest creation, "L'Air des Alpes Suisses", also provide a fitting association for the name?

Sprayed on the back of my hand, herbaceous, green and above all spicy notes waft around me. This is accompanied by a tremendously strong powderiness, which makes my nose bite granite - in the sense of the top note. One can compare this state with various iris-heavy smells, with which the iris overruns also the nasal mucous membranes for the time being with its almost scratchy appearing cleanliness, later however is restrained by the other smells.
The situation is similar with the alpine Tauer air, which is of course not iridescent, but just as pure and clear, but in a green, typical mountain air way. The whole thing is absolutely unsweet, something goes into the astringency and gains more depth in the later course of fragrance, as the earth listed in the base note joins in. To imagine this better, I recommend to go to a rock and smell it. You'll probably notice a mineral cold, coupled with absolute cleanliness, and if you combine that impression with your scent knowledge around the already familiar green and herbaceous notes, you'll get an idea of how Tauers creation smells.

Judging by my description, some people might think that I am completely enthusiastic about this composition. But please continue reading.

It is a special fragrance that is quite different from other green fragrances. It is also a fragrance that lasts a long time on the skin and knows how to communicate with its surroundings, while the wearer does not register this at all. As a wearer, I personally classified it as a rather quiet, almost very close scent until my family environment proved the opposite with its "friendly" messages.
Despite these two positive characteristics, which ultimately ensure that the expensive bottle is not emptied too quickly due to the economical dosage, I am sure that such a bottle will not move in with me. My expectations were too high, which was fuelled both by "No. 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain" and by "Collectible PHI - Une Rose de Kandahar" - two olfactory revelations par excellence. Tauers alpine breeze unfortunately does not trigger anything in me, even if it takes on an interesting and above all new shape, which I have never heard before. And if I asked myself already with the Moroccan desert air, to what extent this is bearable in the everyday life, then I stand also with "L'Air des Alpes Suisses" before that problem definition. In "No. 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain" the answer was in the form of a "just so", while I attribute "L'Air des Alpes Suisses" briefly and concisely with a "not portable".

I beg your pardon, Mr. Tauer.
6.0 7.0 8.0 9.5/10

Delicious :-)
Super great fragrance.... Reminds me somehow of Green Irish Tweed... but much better more interesting... Don't find the scent just sweet... it is a fresh clean fragrance with depth...difficult to describe .... Something completely different....

by Gschpusi
by Gschpusi
by M3000
by M3000
by Maddy
by Maddy

Popular Tauer Perfumes

No. 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain by Tauer Perfumes Au Coeur du Désert by Tauer Perfumes Collectible PHI - Une Rose de Kandahar by Tauer Perfumes No. 03 - Lonestar Memories by Tauer Perfumes No. 06 - Incense Rosé by Tauer Perfumes L'Eau by Tauer Perfumes No. 09 - Orange Star by Tauer Perfumes No. 14 - Noontide Petals by Tauer Perfumes № 01 - Le Maroc pour Elle by Tauer Perfumes No. 08 - Une Rose Chyprée by Tauer Perfumes No. 05 - Incense Extrême by Tauer Perfumes Collectible ZETA - A Linden Blossom Theme by Tauer Perfumes Lonesome Rider by Tauer Perfumes No. 04 - Rêverie au Jardin by Tauer Perfumes Pentachord White by Tauer Perfumes No. 07 - Vetiver Dance by Tauer Perfumes No. 11 - Carillon pour un Ange by Tauer Perfumes Cologne du Maghreb by Tauer Perfumes No. 10 - Une Rose Vermeille by Tauer Perfumes Attar AT by Tauer Perfumes