Phtaloblue by Tauer Perfumes

Phtaloblue is a new perfume by Tauer Perfumes for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is aquatic-fresh.

Andy Tauer

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Sicilian lemon, Bulgarian lavender, Fennel
Heart Notes Heart NotesBourbon geranium, Orange blossom, Rock samphire
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Tonka bean, Cedar

Submitted by M3000, last update on 07.07.2020.

MrGaunt
The Tonka-Tauer suitable for daily use
A new Tauer is always an exciting thing, as he tends to go his own way. In many fragrances one recognizes his specific handwriting, a special light dry-powdery touch that shows itself sometimes more and sometimes less. Interestingly enough, he can be found in very different perfumes.
Now then the newcomer Phtaloblue, "redefining the aquatic genre" (Tauer's own description). The first statements about it leave you a bit perplexed. But no matter, the order is on its way. Then I can make my own picture.

For my nose it doesn't start out too salty, I feel a strong note of ice candy at the beginning. Those blue things that taste a bit strange the first time and smell very typical. For the chemists here in the forum: Acetic acid pentylester. Hach, was the ester cooking fun with all the great smells.
The citrus aromas are used rather reservedly. A touch of salt I can also perceive, but not as some statements suggest
The strong ice cream candy then takes a little bit back quite quickly and gives way to a slightly herbal note. All in all, a slightly fruity, green-herbal note then dominates. I don't know how exactly samphire smells, but fennel fits quite well. I would have expected stronger floral notes, but they tend to blend into the background. This combination doesn't stay too long either
In the drydown Tonka dominates very clearly for me, supported by a light fennel note. Amber and cedar only play a supporting role and are not in the foreground. I find the fragrance in the base very tonal-calcareous, but in a positive way. The real tonka beans have a slight almond smell in addition to the vanilla, and also have their own tonka specific note. This combination is clearly shown to advantage here and remains, together with the fennel.

The smell is very pleasant, from my point of view for a Tauer very suitable for everyday use. Is it an aquate? A little, yes, but as usual, Tauer goes his own way. Lasts for a while, too. I hope I'm not as wrong in my assessment as I was with Megamare. I also found it suitable, one of the few moments where I got some bad looks at work.
Very untypical for a Tauer, but successful.

by M3000
by M3000

Popular Tauer Perfumes

Au Coeur du Désert by Tauer Perfumes No. 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Tauer Perfumes Collectible PHI - Une Rose de Kandahar by Tauer Perfumes Attar AT by Tauer Perfumes L'Eau by Tauer Perfumes L'Air des Alpes Suisses by Tauer Perfumes No. 08 - Une Rose Chyprée by Tauer Perfumes No. 03 - Lonestar Memories by Tauer Perfumes No. 06 - Incense Rosé by Tauer Perfumes No. 14 - Noontide Petals by Tauer Perfumes Les Années 25 by Tauer Perfumes № 01 - Le Maroc pour Elle by Tauer Perfumes No. 05 - Incense Extrême by Tauer Perfumes L'Oudh by Tauer Perfumes Collectible ZETA - A Linden Blossom Theme by Tauer Perfumes Lonesome Rider by Tauer Perfumes Cologne du Maghreb by Tauer Perfumes Sotto la Luna - Tuberose by Tauer Perfumes No. 09 - Orange Star by Tauer Perfumes Pentachord White by Tauer Perfumes