Phtaloblue 2020

Phtaloblue by Tauer Perfumes
Phtaloblue is a new perfume by Tauer Perfumes for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is aquatic-fresh. It is still in production.

Andy Tauer

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Sicilian lemon, Bulgarian lavender, Fennel
Heart Notes Heart NotesBourbon geranium, Orange blossom, Rock samphire
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Tonka bean, Cedar

Submitted by M3000, last update on 19.01.2021.

GymBuddy
The wide sea before your eyes
Oh no, finally I had found a perfumer who created such anachronistic - because completely natural in the best sense of the word non-synthetic - fragrances like "Au cœr du desert", "Attar" or "L'Oud" - the most natural oud-verter known to me, which smells most naturally like eaglewood. And then: Do I get a bottling of "L' Air des Alpes Suisses" which seemed to be Andy's playground project, also once had an Iso-E-Super fragrance in its repertoire and now with Phtaloblue a super-synthetic Marine Pyridine (?) or Maritima (IFF) - representative. After 3 hours the former really only smells like iso-E-super on my skin, the latter still smells like the very synthetic version of sea salt or slight nuances of sea and iodine after one day. Who knows "Vanilla Vibes" from "Juliette has a gun": Phtaloblue and Vanilla Vibes seem to rely on the same synthetic sea salt representative.
After all the natural-smelling representatives that I know from Andy - and each of which I consider to be masterpieces and references - these are two new fragrances for me that don't want to fit the brand at all. Up to now, Andy Tauer has been an institution for me where I could buy blindly and always knew not to have any exuberant synthetics in the fragrance. It's a great pity for me that it has taken this development.

But let's come to Phtaloblue - after all, it is a Tauer - and, except for the synthetic note, still smells like perfumery.
The fragrance starts with a fennel with only a minimal citrus note, which seems to float above salty sea air. The association of a hot summer's day over a cliffy Mediterranean coast, where a constant diffusion of ethereal, spicy herbaceous aromas meets the salt in the air, is perfectly supported by the faint sweetness of a lavender that remains very much in the background.
In the course of time I take a little bit of Neroli - but increasingly the dominance of the above described sea salt scent becomes noticeable. After all, it provides a very long perceptibility of the scent even after one day. The fragrance ends on my skin with a coumarin/lightly woodruff sweet tonka bean and of course still the sea salt theme.
All in all I find the fragrance interesting, because fennel and herbaceous/spicy with sea salt is quite original - but the synthetic note becomes too much for me over the course of the fragrance.
Please, please Andy - the next one again without Iso-E and all the other artificial ones. A fragrance with natural ambergris would be on my wish list.
MrGaunt
The Tonka-Tauer suitable for daily use
A new Tauer is always an exciting thing, as he tends to go his own way. In many fragrances one recognizes his specific handwriting, a special light dry-powdery touch that shows itself sometimes more and sometimes less. Interestingly enough, he can be found in very different perfumes.
Now then the newcomer Phtaloblue, "redefining the aquatic genre" (Tauer's own description). The first statements about it leave you a bit perplexed. But no matter, the order is on its way. Then I can make my own picture.

For my nose it doesn't start out too salty, I feel a strong note of ice candy at the beginning. Those blue things that taste a bit strange the first time and smell very typical. For the chemists here in the forum: Acetic acid pentylester. Hach, was the ester cooking fun with all the great smells.
The citrus aromas are used rather reservedly. A touch of salt I can also perceive, but not as some statements suggest
The strong ice cream candy then takes a little bit back quite quickly and gives way to a slightly herbal note. All in all, a slightly fruity, green-herbal note then dominates. I don't know how exactly samphire smells, but fennel fits quite well. I would have expected stronger floral notes, but they tend to blend into the background. This combination doesn't stay too long either
In the drydown Tonka dominates very clearly for me, supported by a light fennel note. Amber and cedar only play a supporting role and are not in the foreground. I find the fragrance in the base very tonal-calcareous, but in a positive way. The real tonka beans have a slight almond smell in addition to the vanilla, and also have their own tonka specific note. This combination is clearly shown to advantage here and remains, together with the fennel.

The smell is very pleasant, from my point of view for a Tauer very suitable for everyday use. Is it an aquate? A little, yes, but as usual, Tauer goes his own way. Lasts for a while, too. I hope I'm not as wrong in my assessment as I was with Megamare. I also found it suitable, one of the few moments where I got some bad looks at work.
Very untypical for a Tauer, but successful.

PBullFriendPBullFriend 13 hours ago
3.5
Settles down after 3/4 hour to a standard aquatic with hints of fennel and white glue paste. Not what I would've imagined or requested.

by M3000
by M3000

Popular Tauer Perfumes

Au Coeur du Désert by Tauer Perfumes № 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Tauer Perfumes Collectible PHI - Une Rose de Kandahar by Tauer Perfumes Attar AT by Tauer Perfumes L'Eau by Tauer Perfumes L'Air des Alpes Suisses by Tauer Perfumes № 08 - Une Rose Chyprée by Tauer Perfumes № 03 - Lonestar Memories by Tauer Perfumes № 06 - Incense Rosé by Tauer Perfumes № 14 - Noontide Petals by Tauer Perfumes Les Années 25 by Tauer Perfumes L'Air du Désert Marocain (Solid Perfume) by Tauer Perfumes L'Oudh by Tauer Perfumes № 01 - Le Maroc pour Elle by Tauer Perfumes № 05 - Incense Extrême by Tauer Perfumes Collectible ZETA - A Linden Blossom Theme by Tauer Perfumes Lonesome Rider by Tauer Perfumes Sotto la Luna - Tuberose by Tauer Perfumes № 09 - Orange Star by Tauer Perfumes Cologne du Maghreb by Tauer Perfumes