Vanilla Flash 2015

Vanilla Flash by Tauerville
Vanilla Flash is a popular perfume by Tauerville for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is spicy-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Andy Tauer

Spices, Rose, Patchouli, Tobacco, Vanilla, Bourbon vanilla

Submitted by Michael, last update on 07.08.2020.

DonJuanDeCat
Vanilla and tobacco, sometimes that's all you need to simply smell good!
Good evening everybody! Today I have something to read about a fragrance of Tauer Parfums. But to say it right away: No, it is NOT L'Air du Désert Marocain! Apparently the Tauer fragrances are like the Creed fragrances. When one thinks of Creed, many people think of Aventus at first. When one thinks of Tauer, many people first think of the Désert Marocain!

Why is that? Well... it may be that you all have hardly any idea about scents and therefore only know these two scents, mu ha ha ha ha :DD
But of course I have to say that the Aventus is not so bad, even if I shouldn't be a big fan of it. And I even think the Désert Marocaine is great. But I don't stay with single fragrances forever, but try out something new again and again. But I have to anyway, because you have gotten so used to me here that it would have to be absolutely terrible for you if I stopped writing, wouldn't it? At this point, by the way, you have to say "Oh, yeah, that's so true!" DD

*eavesdrop eavesdrop... of course... no one says such a thing *sigh*

All right... whatever. So, as I said, today I come to a Tauer fragrance, from the Tauerville Flash series, which are supposed to be particularly long-lasting. Vanilla Flash here, by the way, is said to have been created in such a way that it has all the fragrances that Andy Tauer, the perfumer, himself loves. In this sense, one can say that this is the version of the ultimate vanilla scent of a perfumer, so one can be curious, since vanilla is certainly (rightly) one of the most popular scents!

Later on, if you smell it closely, you can also detect a little rose, although this doesn't seem too feminine, so that the fragrance remains unisex despite the rose and vanilla.
I also perceive a beautiful cinnamon-like sweetness that reminds me of fragrances like Burberry London for Men.
Even later, the fragrance itself remains as it began, so it smells mainly of vanilla and tobacco with a small amount of cinnamon. The only difference is that the tobacco slightly loses intensity in the base, so that the vanilla appears a little stronger. All in all a simply composed scent, but very fragrant.

The silage and the durability:*
The sillage is quite good, as the scent produces a pleasantly larger but not overwhelming cloud of scent, which others can smell well on one or the other. The shelf life is even very good, as vanilla fragrances in particular are very long-lasting. You can easily get over 12 hours in here.

For me, Vanilla Flash is therefore one of those good vanilla scents that should go down well, especially now in the cold weather. Since it also smells slightly of cinnamon, it usually makes you a little bit of anticipation for occasions like christmas... too bad that christmas is over for now *sigh* That was much faster than I wanted and now I have to wait 12 months for christmas here again... and no, it doesn't help if you now say that there will be a nice summer in between... no, no... I prefer cold weather to heat waves, especially since you can't wear such nice scents in summer:D

But I digress. As indicated, this fragrance is especially suitable for autumn and winter and can be used in leisure time and for going out or for festive events. It's worth a test, even if you might already know some vanilla scents, because there are a lot of them, so you'll lose track of which of them smell really great. And vanilla flash is for me one of the good scents among them!

Well, here we go again. I hope that in future comments I will cry less about the past Christmas and few will complain about the summer... you'll see :D
Have a nice evening and see you soon :)

SmellGoodGuy
A Perfect Example of How Price in Perfumery is Often a Money Grab!
Just purchased this the other day and I'll admit that it may be too soon to write a true review, but this stuff is so good.

It's rich, warm and (addictive???) inviting. It's unmistakably niche at it's best.

From the opening, i get whiff of phantom notes (or omitted notes) such as cinnamon, labdanum, tonka and a honey accord that lends to it's richness. All enveloped by a soft, dry, persistent, vanilla with a muted, powdery, rose. There is a tobacco, but it's so well blended, it rides the winds of the spices and vanilla making it all seem like one note. Only knowing it's present by reading the notes and smelling for it.

I've read reviews where it's said that VF is too sweet for a man or feminine leaning and I've read reviews stating this is more of a masculine fragrance. On my skin, this is totally masculine leaning. Albeit, on a female, it may yield a different opinion based on chemistry.

When i smelled this, it was after having smelled luxury niche fragrances---some fragrances costing 3-5 times more---and of them all, this compelled me the most.

Again, my review is a precocious one and will be subject to updates, but as it stands right now, this is a definite blind buy worthy frag that'll complement anyone's collection... and for cheap!

Alter Ego Vanilla
My curiosity was raised at a very high level – vanilla one of the most used perfume note our days when there is an explosion everywhere of perfumes more or less gourmand featuring vanilla, from Sephora’s shelves to niche perfumery. I can easily confess that I was not expecting a simplified scent, that kind of single note perfume from Andy’s side, but a complex one in the way his doing scents. Before trying it I remembered what Andy says about this scent: “My vanilla. It is all in there that I love. Spices, roses, patchouli… and vanilla.” Definitely it will not be that vanilla centered perfume for sure I said to myself and then apply it on the skin.

Let me tell you right from the start: is not an enter into a patisserie/confiserie but in a bar to take a brandy. This is not a vanilla like those from Profumum Roma , it’s miles faraway from St.Barth’s and also it s not a daytime vanilla but a dark one , a night creature in Andy’s stable.

Vanilla Flash starts with a boozy spiced vanilla followed shortly by tobacco, a lot of dense tobacco bringing darkness and heaviness, keeping company to vanilla as long as this scent lives on the skin. It’s like smelling tobacco leafs submerged in a potion made out of vanilla,cognac and honey. From this perspective mid notes of Vanilla Flash remind me of Tom Ford’s Tobacco Vanille but without the plum and Christmas spices with more emphasis on tobacco while the boozy note brings to my mind Guerlain’s Spiritueuse Double Vanille in a way in which Guerlain’s scent is far less boozy and far more intense on sweet vanilla. In the last stage of the scent I get some vibes of Kilian’s Back to Black probably due to the tobacco load.

I do not get much of the rose, it’s more like a shadow but the shadow of a rose in the typical Tauer style and it’s loaded with spices, I detect some cinnamon among the spices which is not listed in the perfumes’s notes . The rose in Vanilla Flash is resembling somehow to the one from PHI-Une Rose de Kandahar. Patchouli is there , fine tuned with the vanilla , keeping the darkness and adding that camphrous vibe to the composition. All these notes are very well weaved inside the composition, each of them is sustaining the other in a compact and almost linear evolution, as Vanilla Flash is not changing dramatically.

In spite of the fact that Vanilla Flash reminds in different stages of other tobacco perfumes, still it has its own face and body and walks around strong. There is nothing girly in this vanilla, actually a warm vanilla tobacco scent, it’s a grown up scent and it has a lot of sophistication. Vanilla Flash is dark and sexy and can be shared by both genders , it’s complex but not complicated, being easy to wear especially during cold nights.

Vanilla Flash
The Tauerville line is perfumer Andy Tauer’s attempt to simplify. Not to make simple perfumes, but to streamline the process of conceiving, marketing, distributing and selling perfume.

The line is sold through the Tauerville website and from select dealers. Packaging is uncomplicated and handsome and the 30 ml bottles and 10 ml roll-ons are ideal sizes. Each perfume and size is available singly or in reasonable quantities at a 50% discount so that small retailers can sell the line with a minimum of risk. The streamlining of the process has a two-fold benefit for the consumer: pricing is low and it frees Tauer up from his role as a business owner to focus on his role as perfumer.

There are plenty of perfume lines that have a spare, clean visual styles. Tauerville goes deeper and puts simplicity to work not as a style but as a practical means of getting the perfume into your hands. It’s not spare in the sense of a modernist aesthetic; presentationally sparse, conceptually fussy. Rather it’s candid and unprententious. The excitement is in the perfume, not the box it comes in.

The Tauerville concept is sly. It presents itself as simple: less lather, lower cost, no purple prose. (Good lord, is this crazy man selling perfume and not lifestyle?) It’s also apparent, though, that a lot of consideration went into Tauerville. It’s the confident result of a conviction that perfume is more important than hype. It’s a refreshing alternative to an increasingly baroque, portly niche market.

It’s actually a bit subversive. Niche perfumery has come to reflect an amped-up ‘champagne wishes and caviar dreams’ notion of luxury that makes 1980s style seem reserved. Tauerville’s lack of ostentation is a welcome provocation to the hyperbolic status quo.

As for the perfume, it too benefits from the distillation process. Vanilla Flash feels immediate and specific. Tauer says on the Tauerville site that his inspiration for Vanilla Flash was, “…the quest to come up with a vanilla that I will wear.” When I think about it, what better scale is there for an artist to measure his work than himself? Vanilla Flash is personal not for the fact that it reveals secrets about the perfumer’s character. It's what he would wear, it suits him and therefore I assume is a reflection of his desires. Tauer’s methodology fills in a piece of the puzzle of how perfume creates meaning.

Oh, notes. Not really my thing to talk about perfume in notes, but I suppose the name is an invitation to the discussion. The vanilla/spice/tobacco notes are precise yet blended. Unsweetened and unsentimental, as if they have been finely sifted together. Tobacco leaf has a floral quality and links Vanilla Flash to the woody floral genre. Patchouli and vanilla are paired in perfumes often. They combine to give a lasting aromatic quality that lets a perfume keep a melodic tone of voice into drydown. Vanilla Flash plays on the pairing, but articulates it differently. There is a cool, camphorous quality to Vanilla Flash that I imagine comes from patchouli. (If not, a cool spice?) It prevents the perfume from straying the warm/busomy range that most vanilla perfumes inhabit by reflex.

To rephrase an old chestnut: cold hands, cool heartnotes. Skin is warm. Your perfume doesn’t have to be.

from scenthurdle.com

ScentedSalon
Not as good as the first one
Scented expectations are often shattered. I adore Rose Flash and Tauer. Though there are many perfumes of his I don't like, I was sure I love would the vanilla coming out of Tauerville. I have been looking for the perfect vanilla: not too sweet but boozy and strong. SDV by Guerlain has almost the perfect smell but no sillage while things like Comptoir Sud Pacifique have no lasting power.

It is surprising that Vanilla Flash is what Andy would make for himself as this is quite feminine. I am the biggest sharer of scents, not believing in traditional male and female categories, but sometimes things are too sweet for a man to wear. This is one example.

Now to the vanilla itself: it is rich, sweet and overpowering, but there is quite a bit of spice in there so it smells like a fragrance full of different notes instead of a pure vanilla. I would classify this as an amber fragrance. Vanilla is a supporting player.

It smells almost exactly like Mirroir des Majestes by Mugler, which is great because that one is rare and expensive while Vanilla Flash hits the spot in terms of price. It also smells a lot like Odd Fellow's Bouquet with the whole sweet tobacco thing going on. I would dare say this could also take the place of Tobacco Vanille by Ford but it does not have as much of a tobacco note.

The power, both lasting and wafting, is superb. I am glad I got it and will enjoy wearing it but I don't think this is the perfect vanilla I have been looking for.

Syzygy73Syzygy73 3 years ago
The yearning for lost love. A reminder of that perfect day & night years ago with the one you still think about and still miss.

by Slickadam
by Rodin
by Rodin
by XDiable
by XDiable
Inside Tauerville together with the rose the best
by Carlossp

Popular Tauerville

Rose Flash by Tauerville Fruitchouli Flash by Tauerville Incense Flash by Tauerville Amber Flash by Tauerville Patch Flash by Tauerville Tuberose Flash by Tauerville Hyacinth and a Mechanic by Tauerville He Left His Cologne in My Bedroom by Tauerville When We Cuddle and I Can Smell your Perfume on My Clothes by Tauerville Vetiver & Petitgrain Splash by Tauerville