Altamir 2007 Eau de Toilette

Altamir (Eau de Toilette) by Ted Lapidus
Altamir (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Ted Lapidus for men and was released in 2007. The scent is sweet-oriental. It is being marketed by Groupe Bogart.
Scent goes well with Clean Reserve - Sueded Oud

Top Notes Top NotesPineapple leaf, Bergamot, Neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesCyclamen, Jasmine, Orange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Patchouli, Teakwood, Tonka bean, Vetiver

Submitted by Baux, last update on 05.05.2021.

Elysium
The Unsung Hero, Smart, Brilliant.
Altamir is both a simple and a complicated name and is a predominantly masculine name of Gallic origin, meaning "Old, smart, bright." And I think those adjectives fit well with this colony. I am not a keen lover of sweet and sentimental scents, even if they maintain a masculine and persistent style. However, I must admit that this perfume was a revelation for me, mostly because I bought it without smelling it but merely letting myself be convinced by the web's descriptions. It is my second bottle of Ted Lapidus Altamir. I bought the first one in 2015, blindly, in fact, after falling in love with the older brother TL Pour Lui, with those sweet, powdery notes of him. When Altamir appeared on an online site, I didn't hesitate to put it in my shopping cart. I was struck by its intense amber yellow color, the minimal rectangular bottle, and the notes that compose it did the rest. I remember as soon as I got it, I sprayed it. The scent seemed very sweet, decidedly oriental, opulent, intoxicating, and I was a little perplexed. But then, in two, maybe three winters, I learned to appreciate it, and I consumed it. Therefore, I bought my reserve bottle as soon as the opportunity arose. Although the flavor is the same, the recent one's performance seems a little weaker, but maybe I remember something different.
Altamir is the fragrance of an encounter as if two skins had suddenly merged, forming perfect alchemy of pleasure. Is it a man? Is it a woman? Or both at the same time? It does not matter. The only essential thing here is instead the sensual intimacy of this communion of genders. Ted Lapidus no longer places feminine or masculine codes at the center of his composition. It is merely a question of perfumes and, above all, of perfection. It is as if the power of man and woman were no longer the same thing, but a whole.

Audiences compare Altamir to a plethora of similar colonies, such as JPG Gaultier 2 and Le Male, Paloma Picasso's Minotaure, or Thierry Mugler A * Man and Pure Wood. For me, this sweet, oriental, and woody cologne awakens my senses with a powerful burst of mellifluous citrusy neroli, mixed with some green pineapple and a touch of bergamot. The sweetness of the white flowers is prominent, medicinal, and a bit like chalk. Neroli ends up stealing fire from pineapple and is similar to Fleur de Male, although the two scents don't smell the same. Altamir is also quite spicy, adding charm to the neroli. In this phase, I find an atmosphere in common with Nikos's Sculpture. But while Nikos is light and airy for hot summer days, Altamir is heavy and sticky for cold winter nights.

Cyclamen is a note that I love in nature; the smell of fresh forest flowers is so candid, pure, delicate, velvety. Here it is magically mixed with orange blossom, with warm indole jasmine swimming in malted coumarin, and that blend creates the essence of this cologne. The heart adds a delightful vanilla scent from Tonka and a little floral from jasmine. At this stage, it becomes sweeter and softer, but not an annoying precious. Now I can detect some vetiver and musk, but I think it is at this stage that the scent will run for a while.

As for the base, this is sweet tonka, chocolaty patchouli, a dirty musk, and a slightly woody rounded amber. The patchouli's earthiness begins to wander, along with a bit of a woody bite from teak, all dominated by amber. The last part adds some itchiness to an otherwise smooth sugar bomb. The amber is radiant and mysterious and reveals an absolute sensuality. Moss, on the other hand, becomes almost animal. Its erotic and delicately erogenous accents are compelling, evoking warm memories of the fragrances we wore in the early 90s. Finally, the tonka becomes smoother and smoother and is responsible for some nutty aspects of the composition. I can also feel a slight woody touch. Together with the modern floral, this classy atmosphere gave life to the best fragrance that could be bought for less than € 25.

The sillage and projection were monstrous for the older batch, mediocre for the recent one, though Altamir gets cloying quickly with a heavy hand. The bottom line is that you mostly get an amber fragrance with patchouli, musk, and tonka in a sweet and creamy neroli bomb that will moderately feel when worn during the colder winter. We have a reasonably wearable floral amber, albeit sweet for men - but to me, it smells unisex - for a fair price. I like sweet ambers like these. Altamir is like a warm blanket in winter; it warms your heart during all those gray and cold days. Altamir is a friendly, sweet, soft, and enveloping wine. Simple but effective. A truly remarkable and convenient composition for gloomy days. One of the unsung heroes. Wear time is until you take it off, with the context being up to you. Still, I prefer to wear it during cold weather, late fall and early spring seasons.

This review bases upon a 100ml ( batch code 17i17 from Sep 2017) backup bottle I own since November 2018.

-Elysium
Quiet and slowly seduced
One or two people had certainly imagined the year 2020 to be different. The life that was taken for granted was moving into incalculable distance and also in the world of perfumes and perfumes cuts had to be accepted. The so joyful walk to the perfumeries to sniff new fragrances fell away little by little and thus it came certainly to several blind purchases in our so curious community. The weather on the other hand presented itself in large parts of Germany from the best side and thus light, fresh fragrances were in demand. This situation I just described leads me to write a comment about a special fragrance after a long time.

The fragrance description and Pyramid of Altamir reads to my nose like a weekend trip to the Italian coast around Venice. A fresh, fruity opening followed by further freshness to a soft, sweet base. All in all, one can already get weak there. Now I added the so attractive price (23 EUR/100ml at Nation) and it only took a few minutes until I placed my order. "What could go wrong? If it's not good for you, you just put it in the spook and someone else will enjoy the scent", I thought to myself.

On the first day I wore Altamir, the sun was shining and it was a pleasant 15 degrees. It couldn't have been more right. Of course you can wear this price cracker from the house of Ted Lepidus also in much colder temperatures because of the so seductive base notes, but this certain sweetness (if not overloaded) also does good in summer. After 3-4h I smelled again and again on my wrist. It developed into a healthy addiction, because what spread was a pleasant, beguiling feel-good scent which also impressed my immediate surroundings. Exactly at this point Altamir plays out its strengths, a wonderful interplay of orange blossom, woody notes and the beginning of a sweet amber, which makes the fragrance seem incredibly gentle. What comes after that is a (seemingly new) calculation, which I have never smelled before: Tonka + amber + vetiver + woods + musk = vanilla? Anyway, slowly but surely a skin-near oasis of well-being is developing, which inspires to dream of warm, Mediterranean evenings along a coast.

This is exactly how I imagine a relaxing, culinary as well as olfactory great late afternoon in Venice. It begins with a loud, fresh atmosphere along the canals and ends in a relaxed, quiet but high-quality Tarttoria right by the water with a bottle of wine. Exactly this is the impression Altamir leaves over a period of 8-10 hours and in this quiet and calm way leaves an impression on the wearer and his surroundings. The projection is just as well balanced as the fragrance and thus allows people to enjoy it on 1-2 arm lengths and this over a reasonable period of time.

Everyone can decide for themselves when to wear this fragrance. Because that is another of Altamir's strengths: the many occasions to wear it. Only from 25 degrees I would choose something else. On the one hand, its diversity, its balance and its price make this fragrance a blind buy candidate, which I would like to recommend to almost everyone.

Basti87
A small consolation pad for the adjusted Gaultier
My last order this year was also this one in the package. Of course I pushed through the Gaultier2 on this fragrance. In addition, with an interesting fragrance pyramid and with 25-30 euros for the 125ml bottle extremely inexpensive. Who knows the scent: It is at least twice the value.
Most people who deal with this fragrance have come across it because of the Gaultier. I wrote a comment to this one a long time ago. A few more sentences, because this Altamir is very similar to this one: For me, the Gaultier is a milestone. For me the seducer fragrance par excellence, especially in nightlife and when it comes to flirting. Offensive, erotic, wicked with lots of sex appeal. Why that was set for me a big question mark. A unisex scent with a big fanbase and actually good sales figures. If someone knows the reason for the setting: Please add to the answers.

Now to the Altamir, which is not a 1 to 1 double, but brings in many own accents. Lay people might confuse it with the Gaultier, but people who deal with a lot of scents will of course recognize some differences. I would estimate the similarity to be about 70%. Altamir appears to me fuller with more facets, whereby the Gaultier concentrates on few fragrances. The Altamir doesn't quite come close to my taste, but it seems more noble, more masculine and not quite as playful and offensive. Here the pyramid is also clearly more extensive, which one also clearly notices. The sweetness, the amber and musk are also there, but also notes like orange blossom, which makes this fragrance softer and more elegant. Also a slight freshness, especially in the opening, is clearly active here. The base and dry-down, on the other hand, is extremely heavy and almost exclusively sweet and creamy due to the tonka bean. All in all, however, a noble fragrance, which you can also wear well in the evening, but also like its twin in nightlife.
I find the Gaultier2 easily on the female side, this Altamir easily on the masculine side. But both are quite unisex. However, this Altamir is also well wearable in advanced age.
Also the performance is top and suitable for many occasions. Top Sillage and double-digit durability. Especially the first hours he performs very well. Thumbs up.

Fortunately I still have a well filled Gaultier2 bottle. For all those who mourn and do not want to pay utopian prices: This is a successful alternative and a consolation for all fans. Also in price.
Scarletrose
A fragrance that is full of unisex .....
A fragrance that once again has flashed me full,

A fragrance that I absolutely must recommend to the ladies,

A fragrance that is fully unisex to me,

A fragrance that excited me from the first spray,

A scent that gives with warmth,

A scent that cuddles with me,

A fragrance that starts fruity,

A fragrance that immediately starts full pot and hello here I am screaming,

A fragrance with a slightly oriental note,

A fragrance soo sweet and powdery ,

A fragrance I notice all day,

A scent that's addictive,

A fragrance for really little money ! and big content ;-) ¶

A fragrance that I would describe as sweet, warm, oriental, loving Wumser, which is always there when you need it and the light happiness hormone radiates if the day is perhaps not so great or you already when getting up thinks, oh no I would have rather stayed in bed ... as soon as it is sprayed on, he gives me the feeling, no matter what comes, I am with you and protect you
I think he's really mega and I'm thrilled. If anyone doesn't know him yet, try him out. Best still quite fast, because it is probably more suitable for the autumn / winter months ;-).

Thanks to my darling who discovered this scent ;-) You are the best blind buyer ever ;-) and sorry that your scents now also sometimes become mine :-D. I love it :-)

So test it out ...

Dearest greetings
Scarlet

Smell good but!!!
I got TL Altamir today, the scent smell good but the projection and longivity are soft doesn't even step up to moderate level,and it's floral woody not sweet as most reviews say.

The cologne can be used by both genders in winter's nights by any age i think.

At last, TL Altamir smell good but the projection and longivity are not, sorry i wouldn't recomende it to anybody.

Warm Blanket
Sometimes perfume ways are truly mysterious. Many fragrances are already discontinued due to the unavailability of materials, their price, poor sales, change of legislation etc. Once extremely popular creations have been gone forever, while some humble stubbornly resist. One of the most popular Gaultier’s fragrances, loved by numerous perfume aficionados, Gaultier2 by Francis Kurkdjian is apparently discontinued. Many fragrance lovers mourn upon the unfair fate of once extremely popular creation. Fortunately, there is a reasonably priced salvation – Altamir by once extremely famous French fashion house Ted Lapidus.
Altamir is a relic from the times when Gaultier2 was hot. To me unknown perfumer did a pretty nice job. To my nose, Altamir is like Gaultier’s carbon copy. Altamir is like a warm blanket during winter. It warms one’s heart during all those gray and cold days. Although marketed toward men, Altamir is completely unisex, just like its role model. It opens with pale notes of white flowers – neroli and orange blossom cloaked by a huge warm hug of benzoin, amber and Tonka bean. The musk of the mid and base notes gives Altamir a classic and clean side. The Tonka bean is responsible for some nutty aspect of the composition. I can also sense some pale woodsy touch.
Altamir is a warm, sweet, soft and cozy. Simple, but effective. A truly remarkable and affordable composition for gloomy days. One of the unsung heroes.

P.S. Please if someone knows the origin of the name, share with us.

Carlitos01
An unisex gem polished with creamy orange, tonka and amber.
Altamir by Ted Lapidus is a magnific Oriental Woody fragrance for men... and women.... yes, unisex!
This fragrance has a distict sweet scent and I'm glad I blind bought it.
It opens with a very pleasant citrus, pineapple and neroli notes. A couple of minutes later you get a strong creamy orange (as per the listed notes, it's orange blossom for sure) and some flower notes.
After 10 minutes the devolpment slows down and you get the nicest scent and projection of this fragrance. The bottom notes reveal a magnificent heavy sweet tonka and a growing very nice ambery scent that sweetens the woody drydown.
In all the stages the fragrance had a classy/expensive scent.
Performance is above average with a longevity > 10 hours and a peak sillage of 6~8 feet. Projection lasts for 4~5 hours.
It seems to have EDP concentration. It's very alluring and an "almost universal" pleaser. Fresh and green fragrance lovers may find it cloying.
I do recommend this fragrance. I even consider to buy a backup bottle as sometimes Altamir is hard to find.
In my opinion it's Ted Lapidus best fragrance and i do rate quite high four other Lapidus scents.

My rates for Altamir:
- Scent opening:...........8.5 (classy and pleasant)
- Scent drydown:..........9.0 (classy and hard to beat as a sweet, oriental, woody fragrance)
- Longevity:...................9.0 (10~12 hours, 3 initial sprays)
- Sillage:.........................8.5 (sillage peak at 6~8 feet, projection for 3~4 hours)
- Versatility:...................8.0 (just avoid hot days; good for mild and cold weather)
- Wearability:................7.5 (unisex, sweet, oriental and woody scentexcludes workout, beach, office, a beer with the guys, closed small spaces... and it's divine for almost everything else)
- Compliments..............8.0 (three compliments in the 1st hour in an universe of five persons I spoke with)
- Uniqueness:................8.5 (some minor similarities with some upscale fragrances and a strong similarity with Gaultier 2)
- Quality:........................9.0 (it smells expensive and classy)
- Presentation:...............8.5 (nice, good over all quality, except so~so sprayer)
- Price:...........................10.00 (€13,50 for 125ml tester)

Average: 8.59/10.00

if you consider Altamir as a possible look alike of Gaultier 2, they are really similar but Lapidus lapidated the price by a factor of ten. Altamir sometimes is hard to buy but so it is the discontinued Gaultier 2.

Intoxicating fragrance on a man
This is the signature scent of the man I'm currently seeing. On our last date he wore this fragrance in abandon knowing full well that I loved men that wore fragrances. He may have applied too much in eagerness, bless him, but I found myself wanting to cuddle up next to him in olfactory bliss.

Altamir is quite a sweet fragrance. On most men this could smell rather feminine, but on the right man, Altamir is sensual and intoxicating.

Surprisingly floral, especially with its notes of jasmine and orange blossom, I would recommend women give this fragrance a go too. This is an elegant and special fragrance for men, with the floral sweetness counteracting with rich, spicy amber, proving that it's a well-blended composition.

At times it can smell quite creamy and soft, but most of the time the overall projection is strong and bold. The lasting power is really good. Altamir managed to transfer itself onto my jacket, and for the last week or so, the fabric has smelt of Altamir. Not that I mind though.

Very Good
Its better than Ted Lapidus Pour Homme. This one projects very well, Bit strong. The Longevity is good and it is good .

LemonheadsLemonheads 19 hours ago
This sings to me like a folkloristic song of Spanish roots......this is passionate and warm,flowers in the sands......
CatarinaCatarina 2 years ago
An unisex gem and probably the best Lapidus to date. Magnificent florals in an oriental ambiance with lot's of powder. LUVIT!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
It seems to have EDP concentration. It's very alluring and an "almost universal" pleaser. Fresh/green fragrance lovers may find it cloying.

Gefangen mit  .....
by Michael
by XDiable
by XDiable

Popular Ted Lapidus

Ted Lapidus pour Homme (1978) (Eau de Toilette) by Ted Lapidus Lapidus pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Ted Lapidus BlackSoul Imperial (Eau de Toilette) by Ted Lapidus Vu (Eau de Toilette Concentrated) by Ted Lapidus WhiteSoul by Ted Lapidus Création (1984) (Eau de Toilette) by Ted Lapidus Lapidus pour Homme Black Extreme by Ted Lapidus TL pour Lui (Eau de Toilette) by Ted Lapidus Rumba Passion by Ted Lapidus Envol (Parfum) by Ted Lapidus Ted Lapidus pour Homme (1999) (Eau de Toilette) by Ted Lapidus Fantasme by Ted Lapidus Lapidus pour Homme Sport by Ted Lapidus BlackSoul (Eau de Toilette) by Ted Lapidus Lapidus pour Homme Gold Extreme by Ted Lapidus Silk Way by Ted Lapidus Rumba (2009) by Ted Lapidus Oud Noir by Ted Lapidus Poker Face by Ted Lapidus Envol (Eau de Toilette) by Ted Lapidus