Lapidus pour Homme Black Extreme 2012

Lapidus pour Homme Black Extreme by Ted Lapidus
Lapidus pour Homme Black Extreme is a popular perfume by Ted Lapidus for men and was released in 2012. The scent is sweet-animal. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by Groupe Bogart.

Jean Jacques

Top Notes Top NotesLemonLemon Black pepperBlack pepper Violet leafViolet leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesSaffronSaffron Orange blossomOrange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesLabdanumLabdanum Tonka beanTonka bean

Submitted by Nyze29, last update on 19.05.2022.

KarlssonDach
Where's the cane? Straightforward, dominant, without words.
For me, Lapidus pour Homme Black Extreme generates an aura that is ideal for probably not harmonious conversations: critical employee meetings or to slow down the mother-in-law. One already says something without having lost words. It is already a weapon in this respect and I would not like to miss it. Fully straightforward and animalic.
Although there is no leather in it, it smells to me like leather bag and that of an old school teacher ... and he has a cane. Whether he uses it I do not know, but he has one. Overall, you should already be aware of it.
Surprisingly for me, my wife said that I smelled good when I wore it. For the most part, however, she gets mainly also the much softer drydown in the evening with.

Fragrance | Opening: 7.5 Spicy woody polish with citrus notes; strong opening
Scent | Middle: 8.5 after 5-10 minutes, the leather bag is there; straightforward animalic
Scent | Drydown: 8.0 sweetness (probably the tonka bean) mellows it out at the back then
Overall rating: 8.00

Sillage: decent, especially during the first few hours
Projection time: 4-5 h
Perceptible on the skin: 15-18 h

Evaluated the following batch: 20A24 (produced in January 2020)
ThomC
If Gerhard Schröder were a perfume....
...he'd be "Lapidus pour Homme Black Extreme" by Ted Lapidus. The old comrade-boss basta chancellor, boxed from the bottom to the top, with balls in his pants, natural brainwax and firm elbows in a Brioni suit. In short: a real wide-legged guy, who today still has no desire for a Bieder-German Jack Wolfskin retirement, but still lets it crack with a certain "lick-me-all" attitude. Gazprom activity, Putin friend and much younger new attractive Asian at his side. He doesn't care! Hats off, I say! Guys like that - extinct as dinosaurs. Lapidus pour Homme Black Extreme" also seems so edgy and chunky and I am sure it would fit the old gas-garden as well as Putin the flawless anti-democrat. For some time I thought about which of the two Ted Lapidus Homme would fit better to Schröder? The old (grey) 1987 version of Ted Lapidus "pour Homme" or the ingeniously modernized black Extreme version of 2012. I decided for the latter, because I wouldn't even trust the former chancellor in his jaunty old-fashionedness to use a nearly 35 year old perfume for that long. But Aventus and various oud scents wouldn't suit him either. Hence my decision to stylistically subordinate the "Lapidus pour Homme Black Extreme" in the thought construct to him. A fragrance that is so striking and animalistic and seems to have fallen out of the current social consensus to such an extent that it would not be acceptable for many of these gender-neutral whiny vegan men today. That's it! If edges remain among themselves, an orderly retreat into the subculture!
I rarely wear it myself, but I like it when I show an inner "fuck you" attitude. I would certainly not have been brushed on consensus on that day.
The Black Extreme is very space demanding. It certainly doesn't want to please the mainstream. A black iceberg, of which only the upper quarter can be seen, and then you basically underestimate it. On the paper strip, it rolls over everything that gets in its way olfactorically and without any trouble. Bam, bam, bam! Juniper, imitation leather, black pepper, Amazing also the often noticed urinal notes. Yep! That's it! I've never smelled like this before with other perfumes - brave to cultivate them in the modernized Back Extreme version, even to expand on them. Those at Ted Lapidus know how to be stubborn. Sympathetic. They probably read the 1300 page Gerhard Schröder biography. Not me, I only got to page 1000. His perfumes were never mentioned anywhere in it, I just wanted to say...

Rquill67
Spice, florals, and wood in the dry down
Ted Lapidus Pour Homme Black Extreme was a blind-buy and I'm glad I picked up this juice. Definitely up my alley, as this does have an oriental bent. Smells like walking into an old store in Chinatown filled with colorful nick-nacs. The sweet smell of incense that has seeped into the walls over many years, the smell of wicker, paper, wood carvings, candles, dried dates, Asian candies, etc. This fragrance does change from the opening to the dry-down. The opening is brighter and the dry-down has the spice, florals and wood. The sweetness does carry through from opening to dry-down. Can definitely see myself wearing this in the fall and winter as I eat a hearty bowl of warm soup. I do love this one. Fall and winter, evenings and day-time. I give this an 8 / 10. If you like oriental fragrances pick this one up if you can find it folks; it's great at the low price-point.

The Fragrance of a Vampire
Well... The perfume lives up to its name; It's a Lapidus, it's black and it's extreme (and with over-application it can be overwhelming).

After the strong aperture - and it's decay -, it can easily exceed 12h.

… So it's a suitable fragrance for late autumn and winter (gently on the trigger).

Here we have a rather unique oriental fougere, with something distinctive and different that captures your attention and keeps you smelling it.

It's floral, powdery, spicy and sweet... And manly, definitely. It's one of those fragrances that can be considered an “olfactory experience”.

I think it’s misplaced: This juice belongs more to the “niche” side of fragrances. If I have to define this scent in one word, that is: "Gothic".

Without hesitation, this would be the perfect fragrance for a Pop Star Vampire.

Not a blind-buy, for sure... But It has its charm - and legend -.
The Returner
Some time ago I was very interested in this fragrance, then bought it, but I couldn't cope with its base which seems a bit dirty and so I finally sold it.
But there was something, something that stayed in my nose. Again and again I had to think of this smell, something did not let me go any more. Was it the unusual mixture of sweet orange blossom and violet leaf? Or the fact that labdanum appears relatively well and combines with the other fragrances to an interesting mixture? I don't know...

What I can say is: I like Pour Homme Black Extreme the best immediately after spraying it up to the heart note, it can best be compared to a "fresh wash vibe". But after these about two hours the twist of the scent comes and makes it more and more "dirty", even slipping into the lightly urinous as I think, But he can't top his ancestor with it because with Lapidus Pour Homme one smells like a piglet sprinkled with herbs.

With the Black extreme the whole thing is implemented differently, he has nothing to do with his colleague from the 80s except for a tiny part of the base. Doesn't have to be what I think.

Recently it was so far then, I rummaged something in the net and thought to myself: for the called price I take the smooth still also into the order. I have not regretted it and am happy to have the scent back in my possession! I was even more pleased when the batchcode of the flacon spat out a date from 2012, so no risk of reformulation. :-)

So the durability is very high, the Sillage is strong in the beginning, but I would still like it not to flatten so fast.
So if you are looking for an extraordinary sweet scent, which is far away from "boring", you should take it here, he got me after the first try!

Darth Vader by Ted Lapidus
This is Darth Vader essence in a bottle.
It's a black, deep, misterious and refined fragrance.
Great for the night/cold weather. It's an Encre Noir type of perfume - " love it or hate it, nothing in between", but darker than Encre Noir.
I love it, my wife hates it as much as any other very dark fragrance. For me it's a work of art.

Upon initial spray, it comes on quite bold. It's a sharp scent of a dark pepperish violet, and a hint of orange. It bursts like Aida's triumphal march.
After the opening the manly dark scent remains but you experience the orange note growing together with balsamic, woody notes. You also experience other spices besides the initial black pepper note.
As you travel along the bottom notes towards the dry down, the fragrance becomes a bit sweeter, smokier and darker. Like in a Dracula's never ending movie, you feel the time passing slowly, making you breath that gloomy but exciting atmosphere. Like a luna park ghost train where you get thrilled and laugh of pleasure and fear, the dark dry down is very plesant (for me) with a very strong tonka note backed up by different spices. You get that dominant growing shadow but always with a hint of a flowerish gourmand scent in the background.
Its longevity is easily 12+ hours. Don't over spray or it may become intrusive to the people around you due to its heavy dark/middle notes and heavy sillage.
In terms of longevity it's not a beast but it is well above average.
This EDT smells unique and bold in line with what you should expect from a Lapidus/Bogart black extreme fragrance.
It is indeed a very nice juice and one of a kind. It does not pretend to clone anything and I like it that way with its proper individuality.

My rates:
Scent opening: 8.5 (my judgement)
Scent dry down: 9.5 (my judgement)
Longevity: 9.0 (12+ hours)
Sillage: 8.5 (6+ feet with a peak projecton till the 2nd hour)
Uniqueness: 8.0 (better than many existing good dark scents)
Usability: 7.0 ( If you use it in the summer you will be arrested by the local police. Use it in cold or mild to cold weather)
Versatility: 8.0 (If you feel confortable with a dark fragrance you may well use it almost everywhere provided that you don't overspray. Exceptions - beach, workout and Sahara desert)
Compliments: 8.5 (more than expected for such an inexpensive fragrance.
Quality: 7.5 (great but a bit synthetic)
Presentation: 7.0 (many people like it; The bottle is a bit tacky in my opinion although better than the "Pour Homme" and "Gold" editions)
Price: 10.0 (13 Euros plus taxes and shipping)

Overall rating: 8.32/10,0
- between 7 and 8 =above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recomended;
- bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
I love this fragrance. The dry down is absolutely fantastic. Recommende if you are into manly dark fragrances.

Music: Laura Branigan - "Self Control" - (Creatures of the night)

GabrielCupim
Same family as Kouros, I'd say.
Something in this remind me of Kouros...
Too soon to write even a short review with opinions, I'll come back after trying this a little more.

Fabulous Find
This fragrance is lovely, and about as sweet as I want my man to smell. Must say the lemon, black pepper, violet leaf top note is spectacular. Labdanum and tonka seduce from the base, saffon beguiles from the heart, with orange blossom in this truly fabulous-smelling scent. It's on sale at the discounters. Go figure. No, first grab it. Then go figure.

MihaiuMihaiu 7 months ago
a dark fragrance with peppery violet leaf & orange blossom, more modern than Lapidus pour Homme, in the Jacques Bogart style
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
This is Darth Vader essence in a Darth Vader bottle.
It's a black, deep, misterious and a refined fragrance.
I love it and recommend it!

by KarlssonDach
by Nyze29
by Nyze29
by Emorandeira
by Emorandeira
SCHWARZ±EXTREME: Pechschwarz & Glanzmetall.
by AromaTikka
Schwarzer Kracher - Schwarz, aber hochglänzend.
by AromaTikka

Popular by Ted Lapidus

Altamir (Eau de Toilette) by Ted Lapidus Lapidus pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Ted Lapidus Ted Lapidus pour Homme (1978) (Eau de Toilette) by Ted Lapidus BlackSoul Imperial (Eau de Toilette) by Ted Lapidus Vu (Eau de Toilette Concentrated) by Ted Lapidus WhiteSoul by Ted Lapidus Création (1984) (Eau de Toilette) by Ted Lapidus TL pour Lui (Eau de Toilette) by Ted Lapidus Oud Noir by Ted Lapidus Envol (Eau de Toilette) by Ted Lapidus Rumba Passion by Ted Lapidus Oud Blanc by Ted Lapidus Envol (Parfum) by Ted Lapidus Fantasme by Ted Lapidus BlackSoul (Eau de Toilette) by Ted Lapidus Lapidus pour Homme Sport by Ted Lapidus Ted Lapidus pour Homme (1999) (Eau de Toilette) by Ted Lapidus Rumba (2009) by Ted Lapidus Poker Face by Ted Lapidus Vu (Parfum) by Ted Lapidus