Lapidus pour Homme 1987 Eau de Toilette

Lapidus pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Ted Lapidus
Lapidus pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Ted Lapidus for men and was released in 1987. The scent is spicy-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Groupe Bogart.

Martin Gras

Heart Notes Heart NotesHoneyHoney
Orris rootOrris root
JasmineJasmine
CarawayCaraway
Lily of the valleyLily of the valley
PetitgrainPetitgrain
SandalwoodSandalwood
TobaccoTobacco
Tonka beanTonka bean
CedarCedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 10.01.2022.

4.5

For educational purposes
Kouros? Well vaguely yeah, maybe if you take out the animale vibe and add a nuclear blast of pine, eucalyptus and mint. Ice cold greens with a touch of battery acid, or pineapple perhaps.

Into the late drydown it goes from green to brown. A familiar honey tobacco cumin melange. Acceptable, but not worth the wait.

Although I appreciate a retro scent and I fancy a bit of skank, this one doesn’t do it for me. Nevertheless, this is something that one must try at least once. Just to learn the meaning of “old school powerhouse”
Tox707
You want old-school? Here you go old-school
A right pack of old-school the specified Sillage and durability here do not underestimate and pay attention to the dosage, for me personally nothing for everyday life absolutely not but if I wear it then times on for example very cold days it is simply a force, which quite also sometimes teases that makes the Makanten trains but only out.

The actual direction of the fragrance is a little difficult to describe, but it reminds me of Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent, but for me it is a little "grayer" and even more aggressive. Woody and spicy it is, that's obvious, but that's not all, there are a lot of notes in the background that you have to learn to enjoy, that are just too loud for the mainstream.

Lapidus pour Homme is a fragrance from 1987 and that says a lot about it, I guess a fragrance like this would be unthinkable today, especially with the popular designer houses, much too offensive and crude for the wide range of customers, thus a rarity in the perfume world

An oldie but a goodie!
Ted Lapidus Pour Homme is a great addition to my fragrance collection. I really enjoy the honey, incense and florals, that are grounded by the foundational notes of pine, patchouli, basil and others (too many to mention). It's a linear fragrance and I suggest you only need a few sprays. I give this an 8 / 10, and another fragrance I'm happy to have in my collection.
The first. The second. The third. And bought
I've often read on Parfumo that some fragrances first have to be "learned", and thought to myself then, yes, learn, if I don't like it, it doesn't work.
But when a spark of fascination plays along, things look different. So also happened again at Lapidus pour homme. Many years ago already by an exchange got and immediately tested: Wow, what a top note! Fresh, spicy, herbaceous, mossy, pithy. TL pour homme powert with everything he has. Unfortunately, the top note does not last too long and the scent quickly changes to a woody honey scent as you often know it from this time.
This contemporary here, however, does not hold back with anything. Here the head/heart scent is quite fluent and from the heart note on there is not much left, it seems to me rather as if all scents melt together and the scent slowly dims out after about 3 hours, because unfortunately the good Lapidus does not last longer. Surely it was a little different when he appeared.
At that time I couldn't get rid of the feeling that in the background there was a rough animal note vibrating, but I don't notice any of this anymore. Whether it's my meanwhile hardened nose or a newer batch I can't judge, but what I notice now is that I like the base much better now. I recognize in any case the iris root, honey, as well as a dry cedar note which appears somewhat cinnamon-like in this interaction.

To the current version I can only say, as far as the fragrance itself is concerned, it is certainly still very potent, even if there is some lack of durability. But maybe I'm only spoiled by concentrated perfume oils from the UAE in terms of shelf life.

Believe it or not, Lapidus is a popular perfume to imitate as it seems. I already got to know some interesting and even better such scent twins, first of all I would like to mention Landos from al rehab. They have managed to freshen up the top note a bit and seemingly extend it forever!

To the bottle: some would try to push out the shower gel until they notice that it is made of glass and has an embedded spray mechanism at the top. I have to agree with FabianO that it would be a great design for shower gel. :-)

My final conclusion: if you don't know this fragrance, it's a challenge for the nose at first, as it is for kouros, although I personally can't even begin to compare the two. I would call this fragrance "advanced" because it's very good, provided you give it some time and I've even been asked about it several times (positively), so there must be something to it...
The pusher and controller
Yeah! Great perfume! According to the comments here just ordered blind! 25 Euronen nothing can go wrong...
Just went to the mall with my wife. Made a little detour to the perfumery there. Basically because of her. After Shalumar, Interdit and Scandal I had to eamachen myself at some Guerlains smart and left the store with Heritage left and Vetiver right (that will surely come into the collection).
At home arrived the pack with the lapidus.
Give me some pulle and put some careful five sprayers on it.
Jo reiss o! What a bomber! De Guerlains warned me not to get touched by that brutal shower gel note. Almost frighteningly cheap in the first few minutes. It's the only one that's gonna be good! Really! The comparison certainly fits Kouros. Only Kouros is really the Terminator. Lapidus becomes difficult! Elegant! Playful! Clean! That's funny! Famos!
For the nuances it is better to read at the other commentators.
From the feeling of wearing it is easy for me very pushing in its invigorating ...
Forget it! Forget it! Something of its own!
Pithy and playful! Clean and wicked! Sporty and set! This is a league in its own right! Kouros is a tank! for 10 hours. He stays, he stands and dominates! This one's starting to play! It'll be nice! Gonna be sexy! And the powder of the Kouros Lapidus has very little!
This scent can regulate!
The inactive looks sporty! The Spiesser Rebellious! The old man a little younger! The macho a little nicer! The Millenial is also more mature! And all this in a casualness that is second to none!
I'm quite sure:
Would the same fragrance be in a bottle of Dior or Chanel and be advertised with a testimonial (Brad Pitt zb)....He would really mix up!
And it would be really expensive! Tom Ford never smelled that, apparently! What luck for us!
When can you wear this scent? Always
Who can wear it? Everyone
Lapidus takes care of a lot of things!
Go for it! Have fun!
Song to the fragrance: Falco-Pusher
"Deadly said" live longer
There are scents that are believed to have disappeared into the nirvana of time. Displaced by Modern Fragrances and Maistream and gone forever. But they still exist, even though I happened to come across this beautiful fragrance: "Lapidus Pour Homme" from the 80s, which is probably still being produced. An exchange gave me this surprise. Which I have selected again on the basis of the "fragrance pyramid" as being suitable for my nose. But the pure "coming into question" has molted in favour of "being enthusiastic".
It is a very complex Fougère-like fragrance wonder, which is floral as well as woody and green and just as "fernig", spicy and "coniferig-moosig". It has a good-natured and very powerful character, which is extremely multifaceted. It is neither only "forest and field", nor "flower bed" or "spice shelf" or however a "woodmichel with moss at the feet".... It's all the good things you can wish for others and yourself and all in one.
Forest walk companion, damp autumn or spring air, a colorful meadow with flowers and herbs, a warm blanket for cold days ( woods, tonka and amber), a pick-me-up for tired "brothers/sisters" (lavender and pine) or simply a little olfactory, colorful joy in the grey monotony of everyday life.
And alive. VERY LIFE!!!
No corpse in the vastness of the fragrance cemetery, where many a good perfume lies buried, assassinated by reformulation and renewal freaks of the fragrance industry and their henchmen (Ifra)....

Terente
Far from what it was once...
Review for batch code 17H24, august 2017.
The power of this one is a pale memory of what was once LPH. Fortunatelly the smell is almost the same. A smell for serious and strong men. A complex fragrance with dominants of honey and tobacco. At the beginning it has also a strong powdery opening with pineapple, patchouli and balsamic notes. Unfortunately the beast mode disappeared: it lasts far fewer than the vintage LPH and the sillage is mediocre. I used it on fabrics and 7-8 hours later it was nothing to smell. I didn't believe in "theory of conspiration" applied at perfumes, but, God, they watered down this beast and made it an average competitor.
Merry Christmas y'all!
Konsalik
Meet me halfway (at the gym)
Powerhouse Review #4

Since this is already the fourth Powerhouse fragrance that made it onto my dissection table, I thought to myself: Why not make a row out of it? After all, there are still many treasures to be found in this area - and my interest in this fragrance DNA, which was so popular between about 1978 and 1989, remains unbroken.

During the first test run I was still convinced that this review would manage with only a few lines, as Lapidus pour Homme actually seemed to me like a mixture of YSL's "Kouros" and Cartier's "Santos" in a ratio of 40 to 60: A discreet but noticeable shot of the "urinosity" of Kouros, but without its soapiness, combined with the cinnamon-like gingerbread warmth with which Santos envelops the wearer - without, however, reaching its heaviness. Some kind of late '80s powerhouse best-of for everyone? Considering the very reasonable price certainly an obvious thought. But then the equation didn't quite work out and my distrust of my own miserable fragrance library in my head didn't allow me to handle Lapidus so snobbishly.

For even if the impression outlined above has not proved to be entirely wrong, this fragrance has a number of nuances that ultimately make it more interesting. Thus Lapidus shows a strange, enigmatic freshness over the entire course of the fragrance, which I cannot translate other than with "retro sportiness". This basic tone reminds me a little of my childhood sports shower gels, which translated this theme into fragrance in a different way than today's shower gels. A tart coolness reminiscent of fresh sweat and mint. In the fragrance pyramid there is nothing to be found of mint, which is why I strongly suspect that pineapple, lemon, lavender, pine and last but not least caraway have their share in this closed "aerobic freshness" occurring as a single note. The durability is also sporty (two euros into the Gerhard-Delling-Schweinderl...), whereby Lapidus runs in contrast to the more persistent Santos rather half marathon: After 5-6 hours it becomes very close.

It's a funny coincidence that the trashy bottle, with a little imagination, is actually reminiscent of an eighties shower gel bottle. And indeed, if you're looking for a less massive, more daytime "sports version" of a classic Powerhouse fragrance, this might be the place to find it. It should be noted, however, that I find Lapidus in its fragrance signature to be much more clearly "retro" than the other fragrances mentioned here, which - at least to my mind - are a bit more timeless. Lapidus is dated. And I like it!

For your information here is my catchy soundtrack while writing this review: Simply enter "This aerobic video wins everything" on YouTube. Complaints please to my mailbox...
bamm - seriously?,
it was almost a bit embarrassing for me to describe or wear such scents. I'm actually over the age thing and this 80-90s feeling, incl. macho attitude, I thought.
But to be honest, today, when people are perfumed, about 70% m/w walk around with more glands/sugar/wadding/sugar/döner spice/WC stone scents or oud nuclear bombs than this could ever be. With TL fragrances (I know 3 m/w) I always have the following association with the first spraying (God the righteous, I will never wear that). But I never put them away, and at some point I spray them on myself and I have dozens of associations in my head; I know that, I knew who they were and above all at some point; not so bad at all. Then comes: not at all bad and not at all annoying or artificial or exhausting and then sometime; very horny and incredibly wearable. At first they all seem very strict and later on they are actually very tinted and very interesting. So it can go in life, with many things .. haha.
It begins with a nuclear lemon pineapple explosion with WC stone (s.Versace PH) with old-fashioned beeswax Odeur, which initially reminded me more of a Brut Konzetrat - until that sits down takes so its time. But even then I was almost ashamed to have this smell on me. But gradually came the habituation, and you need it for TL. If you can or want to get through it, you will be rewarded with a fantastical fragrance that lasts so long that it is unbelievable not to be obtrusive. Even the initial lemon/pineapple cocktail can still be clearly heard after more than 10 hours, flanked by lily of the valley and underlaid by very shallow, but almost dangerously good smelling woods and shallow dark mysterious spices, which never turn too much into oriental (alá YSL opium). The leg wax note is also there, but very unoffensive and also the cinnamon holds back very gently, thank God. From old-fashioned or 80 -90s feeling in the drydown no more trace - this fragrance is still today the most miles ahead. For me a masterpiece, which comes at night perfectly to the validity. If the oils would be better a Tucken, I would give 100%, here the prices must have been respected with the purchase, with 15 EUR for 100ml understandably. Wear it. No one should be ashamed.
Dandy Couros
The resemblance to Kouros cannot be denied. The same animalic-soapy theme. The implementation, on the other hand, varies considerably. Playful, extroverted and almost shrill, the Lapidus comes with its almost overloaded fruit and honey fullness. Moving to the Club like 'what up, I got a big cock'. Dandyboy Kouros aka Ted Lapidus Pour Homme. And he stays in the club a long time. He danced a good six hours in a tiger coat until he had enough.
The Kouros, on the other hand, remains comparatively serious and strict. He's the respectable one. Masculine and broad-legged both come along. Even Ted can't deny that despite his dandy demeanor. I noticed a similar relationship between two fragrance brothers at the time with Joop! Homme and Jaipur.
A great dirty-fresh-fruity men's fragrance with a good shelf life, in which the little bit of "too much" is almost used as a stylistic device. Too much, on the other hand, is not the price at all, but a real hit (around 20 to 30 euros / 100 ml).

HugoMontezHugoMontez 2 months ago
A great classic fragrance that doesn't feel dated. Weird honey-tobacco-lavender thing. Very unique and masculine. Recommended. 4/5
ChicoRoch1ChicoRoch1 3 months ago
This stuff is nuclear. Wish all fragrances were as powerful as this! Love it!
CaspikaarCaspikaar 10 months ago
Slick, sloppy and too confident guy kinda smell. Don’t overspray cuz you’ll be noticed in a bad way. I like it but I understand some don’t.
KuraiKurai 1 year ago
4.5
Let's place this in the 'weapons of mass destruction' section. Handle with extreme caution
KimJongKimJong 1 year ago
Good for real men. It's a bit crude but it reminds me of the days when Christopher Reeve was Superman. Much more than Kouros or Boss No 1.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 1 year ago
Absolutely No ! I can’t pass the opening . It smells 1 euro shop with cheap plastic packages. I had to take shower
ElysiumElysium 2 years ago
Antaeus, Kouros, masculinity and dirty cleaning as the atmosphere in the locker rooms after the hockey game, the eroticism of a stinky cup!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 4 years ago

by Franzuschek
Ted Lapidus Pour Homme Set
by MrNiceGuy

Popular Ted Lapidus

Altamir (Eau de Toilette) by Ted Lapidus Ted Lapidus pour Homme (1978) (Eau de Toilette) by Ted Lapidus BlackSoul Imperial (Eau de Toilette) by Ted Lapidus Vu (Eau de Toilette Concentrated) by Ted Lapidus WhiteSoul by Ted Lapidus Lapidus pour Homme Black Extreme by Ted Lapidus Création (1984) (Eau de Toilette) by Ted Lapidus TL pour Lui (Eau de Toilette) by Ted Lapidus Envol (Eau de Toilette) by Ted Lapidus Rumba Passion by Ted Lapidus Oud Noir by Ted Lapidus Envol (Parfum) by Ted Lapidus Ted Lapidus pour Homme (1999) (Eau de Toilette) by Ted Lapidus Fantasme by Ted Lapidus Oud Blanc by Ted Lapidus BlackSoul (Eau de Toilette) by Ted Lapidus Lapidus pour Homme Sport by Ted Lapidus Rumba (2009) by Ted Lapidus Vu (Parfum) by Ted Lapidus Silk Way by Ted Lapidus