Oud Blanc by Ted Lapidus

Oud Blanc 2014

Rquill67
04.05.2022 - 08:15 PM

Typical Oud and Rose Combination

The initial spray of this fragrance is astringent and dry potpourri rose; not a sweet or jammy rose but your grandmother’s potpourri rose. After about 15 seconds the scent starts to dry down and is linear all the way through.

The rose dissipates and moves to a more gentle stance and the jasmine, musk and slight patchouli comes forward; the next day leaving a vanillic type rose on your skin. I don’t get any saffron, Amber or peach. This does have longevity but doesn’t project all that well. This does have about an hour of sillage - a good scent trail then dies down.

This reminds me of Jacques Bogart One Man Show Gold Edition, and Swiss Arabian’s Shaghaf Oud Aswad. However both the aforementioned have a little more depth (note separation), and more projection (both highly recommended for Oud lovers). There’s not a lot of depth to Ted Lapidus’s Oud Blanc. But hey… for the price point… it’s pretty good and typical Oud / Rose combination.

My final verdict:
Scent 7/10
Longevity 7/10
Projection 7/10
Sillage 7/10

Latest Reviews

Rquill67Rquill67 14 hours ago
Wow this is a good one! I was a little nervous picking it up because of some fragrance reviews stated it was too feminine. Now that I’ve warn it …my opinion is this is unisex. I really enjoy the latte coffee accord that...
Rquill67Rquill67 1 month ago
Rien Intense Incense smells like a cross between a wearable toned-down (but rich), version of Chanel’s Antaeus (prior to reformulation), YSL’s Kuros (before reformulation), Caron’s Yatagan (current formulation), and a Chinese temple with wafting...