Silk Way (2005)

Silk Way by Ted Lapidus

Silk Way is a perfume by Ted Lapidus for women and was released in 2005. The scent is woody-powdery. It was last marketed by Groupe Bogart.

Gérard Anthony

Top Notes Top NotesApple, Red peach, Citruses
Heart Notes Heart NotesAtlas cedar, Ceylon cinnamon, Jasmine, Peony
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Bourbon vanilla, Frankincense, White musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 21.04.2019

10.0 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Daisyvision
An incredible vision for a fragrance
Silk Way was suggested to me in my search for dark vanillic scents. Immediately, it intrigued me: "Silk Way was born of the raw materials that once traveled the legendary road from East to West."

What an incredible vision for a fragrance, and what an intriguing point in history to draw inspiration from! And Silk Way definitely delivers. It's got a cool & breezy silkiness, just as the name implies. The spiciness is mouth-watering and exotic. It's smooth, sensual, and has an almost "wet" quality, which makes me think of rain and thunderstorms. My only regret in blind-buying Silk Way is not having found it sooner!

As for its resemblance to Barbara Bui's Le Parfum, I'll reiterate my thoughts on their similarities from my BB review: After finally trying them side-by-side, the differences are clear. Actually, I think the color of each fragrance explains the difference quite well: Barbara Bui is a sensual warm amber & woody blend with a powdery quality; Silk Way seems 'cooler' - a light incensey musk & damp, dewy cedar. Both are worth trying, especially for the incredible price. Though my preference definitely lies with sleek & mysterious Silk Way.
7.5 7.5 10.0 2.0/10

Smoky Cedarwood
"Silk Way" by Ted Lapidus was on sale at TKMAxx last week and I bought it without sampling, since I remembered many favourable reviews of this scent. And then, I also like the name, evoking the ancient trade route that used to link China, India, Persia and Europe. "Silk Way" starts with slightly fruity notes and a bit of lemon (nice!), but the dominant accord is an incredibly cloying, synthetic cedarwood-cinnamon-combo. I don't get any flowers and as the extremely strong fragrance softens, I smell artificial incense and cedarwood. The composition turns very smoky and unpleasant on my skin and I'm disappointed, because there are quite a few Ted Lapidus perfumes I like. Alas, "Silk Way" is a negative experience for me, but the bottle is nice and I might give this fragrance another try in winter.

by EvaK
by EvaK
by Thais
by Thais

Popular Ted Lapidus

Altamir (Eau de Toilette) by Ted Lapidus WhiteSoul by Ted Lapidus Lapidus pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Ted Lapidus BlackSoul Imperial (Eau de Toilette) by Ted Lapidus Création (1984) (Eau de Toilette) by Ted Lapidus Vu (Eau de Toilette Concentrated) by Ted Lapidus Lapidus pour Homme Black Extreme by Ted Lapidus Ted Lapidus pour Homme (1978) (Eau de Toilette) by Ted Lapidus Rumba Passion by Ted Lapidus TL pour Lui (Eau de Toilette) by Ted Lapidus Fantasme by Ted Lapidus Silk Way by Ted Lapidus Lapidus Woman by Ted Lapidus BlackSoul (Eau de Toilette) by Ted Lapidus Rumba (2009) by Ted Lapidus Ted Lapidus pour Homme (1999) (Eau de Toilette) by Ted Lapidus WhiteSoul Gold & Diamonds by Ted Lapidus Fou d'Elle by Ted Lapidus Oud Noir by Ted Lapidus Envol (Parfum) by Ted Lapidus