Alahine 2007

Alahine by Téo Cabanel
Alahine is a perfume by Téo Cabanel for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is floral-spicy. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot LavenderLavender Pink pepperPink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmineJasmine Bulgarian roseBulgarian rose Moroccan roseMoroccan rose Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoinBenzoin IrisIris LabdanumLabdanum White muskWhite musk PatchouliPatchouli SandalwoodSandalwood VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Murcielago, last update on 05.02.2022.

Flawed Powdery Amber
Having been stymied by its apparent lack of odour I blasted the whole of a 1ml sample onto my shirt, trying to get something to sniff.
At first I thought the juice must be off in some way. Instead, I think it's some kind of technical oddball; the odour is weak up close but the sillage is there.
And their smells are quite different.
Where I complained in my notes about 'anonymous woody Amber' and 'boasts about two varieties of rose and smells of none', when I came back into the room later a sour rosy-pink amber was floating in the air.
And if you put your nose in close there are milky-sandal, tobacco and animal facets that give depth and texture.
On reflection, Alahine has something to do with the bouyant fruity twang of Aziyadé, as well as the DNA of a stereotyped powdery amber.
The odour yield is low for the amount of juice; possibly a by-product of the amount of benjoin used - known to have an odour suppressing quality, and on top of that, longevity is poor - even on cloth.
In short, if you're in love with Powdery Ambers - try a sample of this; if not, I wouldn't recommend it.

Spectacular oriental
Some people compare "Alahine" to "Bal a Versailles", others are reminded of "Tabu" or (as one reviewer put it) of "rancid Shalimar". I have to confess that neither "Bal a Versailles" nor "Tabu" are fragrances I like, but I am a huge fan of Shalimar, albeit not of the "rancid" version. "Alahine" is clearly an oriental fragrance, too heavy for me, but quite memorable and I can see why one could fall in love with this well blended fragrance. "Alahine's" sillage is powerful, intoxicatingly heavy floral notes of honeyed rose, ylang-ylang and jasmine plus its very pronounced labdanum-vanilla-musk-sandalwood-patchouli base (a strong one, really) turn this fragrance into a genuine olfactory weapon and I guess this is where the comparison with "Tabu" comes in. For me, there is no trace of "Shalimar" in this 2007-oriental, if there was, I'd probably like it much better. Although bergamot is listed in the top-notes, it does not compare to the opening of "Shalimar", neither does the base bear any resemblance to Guerlain's classic. Nevertheless, "Alahine" is a spectacular oriental, I guess it blooms most vividly at night and loathes fresh air.

Omni
I will go down with this ship
"I've met someone else" I said. I had lined my three bottles of Bal A Versailles like toy soliders, clinking together. "You've said this before" retorted three ounce "you were back, tail between your legs" I took a breath and said "But it's different this time, you've changed, the magic's gone"
A drip of condensation ran down the face of one ounce. "I'll get a facelift, I'll put a spell on you, I'll get a voodoo doll and make you sorry you ever saw her"
There was a deathly silence. I felt quite ill, the three little faces staring at me. "Not exactly 'I will go down with this ship' said Mini scathingly, making her presence felt
"Dido wished she'd never written that song" I responded, but feeling the lump in my throat all the same. "We made you" said three ounce "We seduced for you, we comforted you, we came alive for you and it's not as if she's not like us. She's just a younger version with a fresh face and aromafit perspiration"
"But I love the fresh face" I cried" You're old, musty, worn out, passed around like some old squatter" And that did it. They turned away. I was free. I picked Alahine up and ran my hands over her packaging, noticed the quality of her spray unit, the small refinements of her form and function and vowed, like the serial monogamist that I am, I would never leave her. Fool if you think it's over.

Spicy incensy warm
This starts off very incency, spicy and a bit honey like on my skin. I was about to just ay . nahh.. nothing for me . but after a wild it settles to somthing i realy missed .. ohh what is it...?? all the thoughts running thrue my head . memorys flashing infront off me.. the vanillic and almost cinamoon smell i now can feal lingers . Is not unlike Cantate Yves Rocher. it has a fruity feal to it to I guess this is the ylange ylange,Benzoin and galbanum mixing to make me feal this way about it .
It isent a typicly me perfume, its more off a spicy oriental floral then what im used to , but still this shure is a beauty
realy lovely and warm.. i can understand that people talkes about amber smelling this . although its not listed. The mix off all the notes gives it a amber feal
Like it

by Veronique
by Veronique
by Ninis
by Ninis
by Dalma
by Dalma

Popular by Téo Cabanel

Café Cabanel by Téo Cabanel Oh Là Là by Téo Cabanel Barkhane by Téo Cabanel Hegoa by Téo Cabanel Oha by Téo Cabanel Méloé by Téo Cabanel Je Ne Sais Quoi by Téo Cabanel Lace Garden by Téo Cabanel Early Roses by Téo Cabanel Très French by Téo Cabanel Julia by Téo Cabanel Kasar by Téo Cabanel Rendez-Vous by Téo Cabanel Ça Boum by Téo Cabanel Et Voilà by Téo Cabanel Jaspé by Téo Cabanel