Old Money by Teresa Helbig

Old Money is a perfume by Teresa Helbig for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is spicy-fresh. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesIndian cardamom, Indonesian nutmeg, Plum
Heart Notes Heart NotesSpanish fig, Lily-of-the-valley, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesIndonesian patchouli, Haitian vetiver, Spanish cistus

Submitted by Consens, last update on 24.05.2020.

The old money from Barcelona
Old Money... here we have a spicy green representative of Teresa Helbig, a fashion designer from Barcelona.

I won't keep the story of this fragrance from you. Mme Helbig was completely unknown to me until then, as well as her scents. I had business to do in Cologne and spontaneously visited a perfumery near my hotel after my customer meeting.
I was studying the fragrances of Carner Barcelona when a handsome, tall and likeable man approached me in English and asked if he could show me something. I agreed and let myself be guided through Carner's world of fragrances. I only realized that it was Joaquim Carner himself when he finally introduced me to the fragrances of a colleague, Teresa Helbig. Funny thing was that! I apologized for my choice and went to the checkout with the Helbig fragrance... :-)

The theme here goes towards a Spanish interpretation of a Country Club fragrance / Gentlemen's Club fragrance.

Very spicy and fruity to start with, there is a fine fresh fig and some ripe stone fruit, but the fig is not creamy like Fico Amalfi, for example, but freshly tart and green. And unsweet! The spices are finely woven into the fruit, sweet and intensely earthy the fresh cardamom note, cinnamon is also there. Vetiver resonates from the very beginning, a classic dirty green vetiver, not too loud, fits beautifully into the composition.

In the background a few white flowers are blooming. The whole structure now feels like a purple mist.

Patchouli and vetiver give the whole thing a dark touch, as if some dirt and humus still stuck to the fresh fig...

A very beautiful fragrance, for an afternoon in spring, elegant and distinguished but not overbearing.

Durability is above average for me, Sillage is moderate

Popular Teresa Helbig

Tangier Memories by Teresa Helbig Teresa by Teresa Helbig A Bulldog in the Atelier by Teresa Helbig Georgette by Teresa Helbig