Terryfic Oud by By Terry / Terry de Gunzburg

Terryfic Oud is a popular perfume by By Terry / Terry de Gunzburg for women and was released in 2013. The scent is woody-oriental. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamot, Raspberry, Red berries
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Rose, Cumin, Saffron
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Atlas cedar, Papyrus, Patchouli, Oud, Castoreum, Labdanum, Ambergris, Musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 11.07.2019

too serious
Now that you know that I don't know anything, here is my very personal impression. Terryfic Oud is terryfic. It's terrible because it's so serious, it just irritates me. To the synergists of you: in some way, inexplicable to me, it touches only the left hemisphere of the brain, it follows that it is not round, I smell and erect, I wait and wait, a whole is missing.

The first impression is even more difficult: Oud dominates. Oud is loud and dark, like in one night, without stars, warm air. After a fraction of a second, its other components follow, secondarily. This gap, as I would like to call it, precisely cut like a laser, scared me and I was relieved when the "rest" stepped on stage.

After two hours a fine fragrance, seriously, I would never want to wear it if I wished for a good vibration. I would wear this fragrance to concentrate. Focus on what? Well, at a funeral service, for example. On a serious conversation, with someone who needs the help. On a sick visit. Choosing dishes for a mourning community.

To this end it is a brilliant scent, nothing screaming, nothing hello, here I am, nothing laughing, I should say laughing.

To work, to work, I would never use it, because, as I said, it is not suitable to think creatively, it is even more suitable to meditate in whatever serious field.

Also this fragrance has so nothing at all suggestive, sultry or sensual, a fragrance for the brain, not for the heart, I would like to emphasize that, as I said, a very personal impression.

I can imagine him in a priest, or a lawyer. For me he is out of the question because he is so one-sided, has not fully seized me yet delighted. And I don't want to support myself in serious phases, because I rather need encouragement in such phases, however that may be, all this here is only piecework, what I write here. To each his own.

And it's also not my way of comforting or cheering anyone up. I would also like to stress this to make it clear why I never want to wear it, although it is certainly a good fragrance
10.0 7.0 8.0 10.0/10

Terryfic Oud - and great he is
Terryfic Oud is the only scent my partner and I share. A true unisex scent that smells different on both of us. He smells much more masculine herby on my partner and somewhat sweetish, more sweet on me. We both like it the same. We both also like the flacon's design and the way it is presented, which also suggests a unisex scent.

Terryfic Oud starts directly very strong and loud with the Oud; quite smoky, mysterious and almost killing. Also rather unsweet and instead rather spicy-herb. I directly perceive the oud and saffron that surround my skin. I can only guess the berry notes in the background, but I have a lot more of them than my partner.
In the heart Terryfic Oud becomes a little closer to the skin, softer, flattering, a little powdery. It's still spicy and smoky, but there are more fragrances that round off the fragrance and always give new facets.
The base lasts long and lingers on the skin. The oud can only be guessed, but the spice of the fragrance has remained. In addition, woody notes have been added.

A really successful fragrance that pleases both me and my partner. For me probably no fragrance that I can always wear and also rather in the cold days fits, but I find it really beautiful. Perfect for oud beginners.

MiaTrost 21 months ago
Rather good for yet another wannabe rose-oud. Slightly fruity, subtle cumin and lovely ambratic drydown. More refined than most iterations.+10

by Nayeli